Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by VirginiaMay »

marielle wrote:Soundtrack is released!!!

Scream, Squeel, Curse and grab pitch forks!!!!
Rob's not on it!!!! :evil:

and also missing is MUSE... so conclusion I'm not buying it or there have to be a bonus track with Rob or MUSE...

*gone sulking with Robward-fic...*
Squeal!!! Iron & Wine redux and.... Christina Perri!!! My Arms readers know how happy that makes me! I'm just imagining it's one of her lyrical ballads. Should be good! :D

PS- I'd heard a rumor that Muse no longer wished to associate with Summit and the Twilight franchise. Anyone know if there's even an ounce of truth to that??

EDIT-- I've been keeping notes for a mega post when I get a chance. Things have been busy but good here in New Jersey. So far, the family hasn't asked too many questions. They're more concerned/critical of my husband's computer addiction and his now very foul mouth. I didn't even have to say anything, he lasted one day before starting in with the swearing in front of the kids and his sister went ballistic on him. I just sat back and watched the show. Well, listened is more like it... it got a little loud, LOL!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hey there siblings. Just a quick swing in to let you all know I'm alive and kicking. It was a very busy Monday. I'm a bit out of sorts at the moment. I got a chance to review the Soundtrack list and I don't know what to think right now. I knew not to get my hopes up about the soundtrack, but I had hoped that there would be something to inspire a bit of faith. We knew that it was likely Rob would only be on the BD2 soundtrack, given that the lullabye doesn't appear until then. But, honestly, I'm not inspired at this point. I don't have anything against any of the artists or songs that are listed. What concerns me most is that even the best songs can be completely wrong for a film or, at the very least, used absolutely wrongly within the film. And, let's be honest. With a few notable exceptions, there have been some glaringly horrible uses of music in The Saga. Think Let's Get Lost in Eclipse. I do kind of like the idea of Iron&Wine as the first dance, which is all I can think of for the "Wedding Version". But, other than that... well, let's just say, I'm withholding judgement.

Well, I've actually got some work to get done before I can tuck in tonight. I'll be back in the morning with a normal megapost.

Laters.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Susie: We don't really have a mold issue, but it is kind of annoying but it isn't bad--you do have to be careful of where you step when there's heavy rain, though.

And in case anyone wonders about my PLM deal, Audi has been fastest in 3 out of 4 practice sessions, and ran a massive amount of laps Sunday to leave Monday to experiment, while Peugeot did most of their experimentation today, and they didn't even run in the morning session today because of rain, so they had to play some catch up as Audi ran 54 laps between their cars in the final hour of the morning session after the track dried.

There's nothing on tap there tomorrow, so I'm hoping to be able to work on a story chapter that a beta just returned possibly.

Right now, it's on to dinner, Iron Chef, and Top Gear--of which new to America episodes will start to be shown next Monday.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

cold and sinus... YUCK!! Bah Hum Bug and all that jazz! Flu shots tomorrow! I'm hoping I'm not running a fever so I can get mine. I am so sleepy tonight that I've been nodding off for the past 20 minutes trying to read posts. So, I'm heading on up to bed! (((Hugs!)))
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Hi Everyone! Well, seems like you all have more than made up for the quiet weekend =]

Tonise - I am so glad to hear you liked Abduction. That is definitely on TBW on DVD list. Maybe we should get together when it comes out... Although, who knows when that will be???? When is WfE supposed to be on DVD? I hear ya about FriendlyTim. That's a difficult spot to be in. He sounds like a really good friend too and that's got to make it harder in some ways...

Chernaudi - Well aren't you just full of the trivia facts, lol. I would've never guessed that Hitler was seeking medical attention for excessive gas passing, lol. I"ll never be able to look at him the same way again =)

Ginnie - I know what you mean about people in your life that you know just "won't get it". I say the key is simplicity. Put it on terms *maybe* they will understand... I've never described it to anyone this way but I've heard people talk about telling their friends its basically like an online book club or writing club. It's a term folks are more familiar with than "fanfiction". I say *maybe* because there are some peeps I know that would still look at me funny if I told them I was spending so much time reading in an online book club, etc. but I love them anyway, lol. And they wouldn't judge, they just wouldn't get it so I don't bother. But in your situation bothering seems unavoidable. Who knows, maybe someone will surprise you!

Amy - that is so sweet that your hubs gave up overtime for a family day! I just keep reminding myself that we will be taking a vacation soon because mine is still working TONS of o/t. But he did get some really nice pats on the back at work for everything he's been doing which makes all the difference. What movie did ya'll see? Maybe you said but I am hopping around in the posts tonight so I've missed so far.

Well, I haven't had time to check out the BD1 soundtrack. Seems like that's the thing to do at the moment.

Hi to everyone else I'm sure I've missed.... I guess I just don't have a megapost in me tonight.....

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Happy Birthday Caryn!!!!!!

Good morning everybody!!!

I have such a bad start of this morning…it has taken me an hour and a half to get to my work when normally it’s just 30 minutes…there was a big fire close to the tram route but they forgot to report it at the station so I waited there for 30 minutes before deciding going home and taking the car, but of course the whole road was shut down so there was a massive traffic jam…
Bad bad bad start!!!

Jaclyn, I’m so jealous seeing all those lovely pictures… I really love to go to Scotland (UK in general) and live there just because of the inspiring views…
Honestly I don’t know what is my favorite romantic scene, I don’t watch many romantic movies… I think I would choose the end scene of “10 things I hate about you”… when he gives her a guitar…

Amy. You choose to have kids!!! So no complaining about the joys of being a mom!!! ;) But poor Jake, is he very sick?
I like your dream, never imagined hair turning blue when dyeing it blond…

Christina, I’ll be sending good vibes to your co-worker… 24 weeks is indeed way to early but there are babies who survive it. Every week the babies stay in her womb now will increase their chance of survival.
I went to my therapist yesterday, he came up with a whole bunch of exercises I can do at home…

Susie, the horsing event I went to is named “Eventing” it’s a combination of classic jumping, dressage and cross country…in Holland it isn’t a very big part of the horse riding sport but in the UK it’s a lot bigger…

Ginnie, I can understand MUSE not wanting to be associate with Twilight, it kinds of give the band a name but they have to understand that their latest successes are related to the twilight fanbase…though I’m sure they can make in on their own…

Caryn, I know how you feel, I do feel the same… I don’t know much of the songs on the soundtrack but I don’t like Bruno Mars at all… also I don’t think the groups that I know would fit in it…I had hoped on a song from the 100 monkeys or that song with Kris in the clip… that would have fitted really well…

Well I have to work…
See you all tonight as it is soccer night!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hey Ladies!!!

Just a quick drive by post. Just wanted you all to know I'm alright. We're under a tropical storm today. This is the first time that Manila was affected even though the eye of the storm is somewhere up north. I took the wise decision today and didn't go to work which is just as well because there's flash floods around the the city and the wind is so strong. We just got our power back too. I'm watching the news now and the evening news is featuring the devastation around the city and our neighboring province. The waves from Manila Bay this morning is taller than our coconut trees which is scary.

Anyways, just want to greet:

Caryn Happy Birthday!!!

Hugs to all.
Later.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just had to jump on before I go to work to say,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARYN!!!

Raine - Thanks for checking in - I was actually getting worried about you. It's nice to know you are OK!

Remember that online class I took this summer for my job? Well I'm starting the implementation phase of it now. I get to teach the lessons I planned! It's once a week for 8 weeks. Topic - Integrating Career Awareness. Today is an easy intro - talking about various jobs the students have had. It's a fun guessing game. I"ll tell them all about the strange jobs I've had!! Some of you may remember that I was a Disco Dance Instructor!

I'll be back later with my usual post!

Have a great day!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARYN!!! I hope you have a good birthday!

If I have missed any birthdays while I have been gone, happy belated birthday!

My daughter missed school for the first time yesterday. She had a bad cough, bad cold, and a high fever. She had been sick since Thursday and was not in shape to go to school. She is good today with only a mild cough. When she woke up this morning and realized she was feeling better, she was excited to be able to go to school.

Hope everybody else is doing alright! :)
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning, siblings. Can't take long. I'm finishing my post as I'm being called to my birthday lunch! So, here we go...

BD1~ Check out this post on Robsessed. Jack Morrsey, BCs partner, has been tweeting again, this time directly back and forth with Tink. Seems there's lots of info about BD1 (and some about BD2). I'm still slightly miffed at JM for his part in the Summit bait-and-switch about a castmember being on the soundtrack. That was just cold, cashing in and creating buzz knowing who we all wanted to see and then crushing our hopes. But, meh, what's a girl to do? Enjoy anyways, I know I did!

Christina~ Have you suggested to your stepdad (well both parents really) reading The Book that Shall Not Be Named ? I know that, for Hubs, he appreciated the male point of view. And, you know how much I love living in Edward’s head! Yes, that’s NewMoonWard, all dressed in his suit (complete with socks, shoes and Cullen Crest Cuff). Yes, that was one of SM’s conditions on selling the rights to Summit. But, as has been pointed out repeatedly, PG13 can mean a lot of different things… I am so with you on the buttons issue. It’s why I got the Evo I did. It has a full QWERTY slide keyboard. The different buttons took some adjustment but it’s been okay. And, I’m getting better at the touchscreen as well.

Susie~ I’m sorry the weather for DaughterDear’s picnic wasn’t ideal. But, it sounds like you still had a lovely time. Thanks for the update on Chrissy. We’ll definitely be sending healing thoughts. Mmmm, that’s honestly one of my favorite WfE pictures. Thanks!

Ginnie~ I was actually kind of excited to see Christina Perri. I want to hear the song first, though. I don’t know… I’m trying to withhold judgment, I really am. Can’t wait to hear all about NJ.

Chernaudi~ I’m intrigued as to your thoughts on the soundtrack….

Rachel~ It does kind of feel that way, doesn’t it? :lol:

Marielle~ GAH!!! Girl, you know how to give a birthday gift. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM…. Bruno Mars is kind of hot and cold for me. I love Lighters, and a few of his other things I enjoy. But, then, some others not so much. Take a listen at least…. If you read the lyrics, it at least fits the vibe and emotion of Edward&Bella in The Saga:

If you ever leave me baby,
Leave some morphine at my door,
Cause it would take a whole lot of medication,
To realize what we used to have We don't have it anymore.
There's no religion that could save me
No matter how long my knees are on the floor,
So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm makin'
Will keep you by my side,Will keep you from walkin' out the door.
Cause there'll be no sunlight if I lose you baby,
There'll be no clear skies if I lose you baby,
Just like the clouds My eyes will do the same if you walk away
Everyday, it'll rain, rain, rain

I'll never be your mother's favorite
Your daddy can't even look me in the eye
Oooh if I was in their shoes, I'd be doing the same thing
Sayin there goes my little girl walkin' with that troublesome guy
But they're just afraid of something they can't understand
Oooh well little darlin' watch me change their minds
Yeah for you I'll try I'll try I'll try I'll try
pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding If that'll make you mine
Cause there'll be no sunlight, if I lose you baby
There'll be no clear skies, if I lose you baby
Just like the clouds My eyes will do the same if you walk away
Everyday, it'll rain,rain,rain
Don't just say, goodbye, don't just say, goodbye,
I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding if that'll make it right
Cause there'll be no sunlight, if I lose you baby,
And there'll be no clear skies, if I lose you baby
Just like the clouds My eyes will do the same if you walk away,
Everyday it will rain,rain,rain........

But my fear is, as I said, just with Let’s Get Lost, it could also be used… wrong, if you see what I mean. As much as I love 100 Monkeys, they don’t really fit the vibe of the film, at least not what I have heard from them. But, I know what you mean.

JennJenn~ Mmmmm, smiley, scruffy, sexhair Rob. Thank you! Hope babygirl starts feeling better soon.

Okay, gotta roll... :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS