Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by Tornado »

Jaclyn - you're not allowed to use a bible verse unless it's in a church? Who says? If you want something non-religious you can always go for one of Shakespeare's sonnets, like Sonnet 116:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

I'm glad you found a new photographer. Unforunately, increased costs does not always mean better photography, but they do sound experienced, and that's more important.

Amy - yes, I can understand why that would be more appealing. I hope you find something soon.

Susie - The man who leads our group is trained, yes, and he works for the Churches of Christ (a mainstream denomination) with their youth pastors. He used to be a youth paster at a "normal" church himself, but left there, after he became disillusioned with the way they do things. He's not ordained, so he can't marry people, but he's been through bible college and is knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He used to be the lead singer of a mainstream rock band called Rhubarb. They had some local success in the nineties.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone, I don't have much on tap for tonight. I'll mostly be reading, watching TV and eating dinner soon. Sorry, but I haven't been up to much today, but I found this on Deviant Art:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q ... e#/d4mevl7

Not really Kristen or Rob related, but just something I found because I like Nessie from the novels.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'all! I am just dropping in for a quick hello tonight. I'll do a mega post tomorrow to catch up.

If any of you have been over on FB today, some of us are a bit concerned about our sweet ANN MARIE. She hasn't posted here on the LEX since back in December, and hasn't posted on FB since last week. SUSIE... or any of you others... do Y'all have a phone number where she can be reached? I think some of us need to check in on her.

Y'all have a marvelous Monday! No school for us... MLK Day. I have just about gotten all the Christmas stuff put away and the house is almost back to normal. I'll get the rest done tomorrow. Night, Everyone! :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Urgh… Mondays are hard… it supposed the be blue Monday today, the most depressing day of the year but in my book every Monday is depressing…
Especially when your alarm clock wakes you up in the middle of a smut dream featuring Jackson!!!! Grrrr… My dream was so good, and than I heard that damn alarm in the distance…

Anyways, for those who are interested, for the HH-con I have booked the Seneca hotel, it’s around the corner from the Marriot

Did anyone see the Golden Globes? I have run through the pics quickly this morning, I though Angelina Jolie looked amazing!!! She is my best dressed…
Sadly Rob wasn’t there, but this will make up a bit…

Now posts…

Amy, Yep Jamie would be a good second, though after the 100 monkeys concert my dreams can’t stop harassing Jackson…I have bought the Camelot dvd set, after I have finished with Legolas and Aragorn, I’m going to start on that one…

Jaclyn, as long as the registar gets your names right, last year we went to a wedding of friends and that stupid woman got their names wrong…it was so horrid…
You can always go for your favorite book passage… or make a collection of all your favorite phrases…here in Holland they normally tell something about the bride and groom’s life and how they fell in love,…

Susie, the exposition was in the old palace of queen Emma. (the queen-mum) Before Christmas I never knew there was a palace or an exposition hall there, but it looks a lot like the museum we went to, only less decorated.

Tonise, I haven’t heard from Ann-marie for a week or so, I spoke to her shortly before Christmas, she wasn’t feeling very well, but I managed to talk to her and send her to her doctor for a better solution, after that she did post on FB a few times, it sounded like she was happy again, on the new years she posted last I think… I’ll see if she is on tonight…

Just so you know, I might be convicted soon for murder… Yesterday there was a showing of Bel Ami in Amsterdam, I couldn’t go because I expected my brother to visit yesterday, only to find out that he had already left for Miami!!! Grrrr…they changed his flight on Thursday and he never called to say that he didn’t had time to visit me… causing me to waste a perfect good opportunity to see Rob in all his sexiness…
My brother is so dead when he returns…

Just to dream on a little longer...

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've had an interesting night. When I went out to get some wood for our stove, I accidentally stepped on a sight-unseen nail that thankfully didn't cause major damage--I put some alcohol, Neosporin, and a bandage on the wound, which wasn't deep--basically a cut. So it should be fine as long as I keep it clean and the such.

Marielle: It seems that there are definite signs that all might not be well with Peugeot. Seb Bourdais, one of their lead drivers, has commented that he signed a full season deal to return to the Indy Car series because of Peugeot uncertainty over the WEC. Seb has said that Peugeot will more than likely commit to the Sebring, Spa, and Le Mans rounds, but after that, nothing has been agreed on as of yet, and Peugeot has only a couple of weeks to present their 2012 program. It does make me wonder, though, if Peugeot would just throw everything at a do or die Le Mans gamble, even if it means basically handing Audi the WEC championships for teams, manufacturers, and drivers.

Everyone: I hope that you all got the message from Ann Marie on Facebook. She says that she's fine and will post here soon.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Marielle, I love Escher. We went to an exhibit in Den Haag…I think before my husband and I were even married…when I was just here on a visit. So….11 years ago? It was really amazing. His work is so intricate and thought out. And no, I can’t imagine your aunt and uncle’s wedding. I think I’d have crashed before the end. Thanks for adding me to the official list! I feel loved! And I’m sorry your dream was interrupted! How sad! I’m just starting to realize how sexy Jackson is! I never really noticed, but after watching the interviews on youtube the other night, he is really funny and that’s a VERY attractive quality to me. And what a voice. Mmmmmm. Isn’t there a provision in the law for murder that it’s ok if the person came between you and the object of your Twilight Saga obsession? If not, there should be!

Amy, good luck finding a different job. I know it’s hard right now. That’s great that your kids swim. We’re working on it, but we don’t live so near to any water, so I think it’s ok. I would just feel better if it was something they could do. My daughter wants to learn to dance and my son wants to play soccer, but we’ve told them they have to learn to swim first. Then we’ll see. And poor Caryn…does she hate Jacob/Taylor? I’ll have to watch for retaliation, too…I might actually enjoy it!

Lynne, how’s your little guy feeling now? Did you make it through the day without getting called by daycare? Yes, I created an account so I could like your video…it’s a good video. It deserves likes! That sounds like an interesting church….I’d miss the music, but it sounds like a closer group of people, which is what a church should be.

Jaclyn, that’s great that you got another photographer so fast! Did you get to see examples of their work? As for readings, do you have a certain poem that means something to you? Or something that represents your relationship? I went to a wedding once where they read the poem “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…” I‘ve also loved this one poem by Judith Viorst since I read it in college…it’s called “True Love” and it is humorous, but also really exemplifies what real love is.

Susie, please take it easy! You don’t want to hurt yourself further. Did you read my whole last post? If you did, you deserve a medal! Happy MLK Day!

Sean, sorry you hurt yourself, but at least it doesn’t seem too bad. I hope your self-doctoring heals it quickly.

Everyone else, hello!

Nothing much here. We took the kids swimming on Saturday, then went to a friend’s daughter’s birthday party. Then yesterday we went to my in-laws because it’s been about a week and a half and the kids were begging to go. Nice weekend. Went to the doctor this morning and I still have fluid in my ear…grrrr. But he’s sending me to the ear, nose, and throat doctor, so I should get it taken care of Thursday. And now I need to go pick the munchkins up from school, so I’ll see you all later! Have a nice MLK Day for those of you in the states!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Oops! Forgot to post in the last week! Forgive me for not responding to everyone!

Anne-Marie posted on the HH fb group. She said she will stop by later and let us know what's going on.

EDIT: Susie, did you hear about the cruise ship sinking off the coast of Italy? The 2 people still missing the news says are from Minnesota.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Good morning/afternoon, HH Siblings!! I am home from school today for the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. Every trace of Christmas (except the two crosses my Daddy made and I decorated with garland and lights) has been removed and put away in the closet until next year. I am keeping the crosses out to see if I like them for year-round decs. The other chore of the day will be folding laundry and putting away the clothes. Then… it’s off to the gym and Celebrate Recovery. But, before that, I want to catch up on all of your posts. So, here goes!

FRIDAY and SATURDAY
DARKMUSE~~ Hello and Happy New Year!! No offense, but please keep the snow! We no likey it here in the northern portion of Alabama at all! It tends to slam everything into a stand-still and mess up our hopes of getting out of school before June! LOL! It’s good to see you! Hope you make another appearance soon. By the way… Are we going to bet to see you this summer at HH Con 2012? Can we put you on the YES list?
LYNNE~~ The date? It didn’t go. LOL! The guy flaked and texted the cancellation instead of having the decency to actually call. Oh well. I wasn’t too thrilled about this one anyway, and God gave me a definite slamming of that door. It just means He’ll open a better one eventually.
MARIELLE~~ It sounds like the holiday convention was a huge success! What do they do at those things? Do they help you plan trips? The trip plans for the Chicago holiday sound wonderful! I’m so glad it all worked out for you… especially the hotel that is more affordable for you and your BF.
SEAN~~ OVER THE ROAD! Of course! I just had a bit of a senior moment, there! LOL! Which cooking shows do you like to watch the most? I love Iron Chef America, Chopped, and Cupcake Wars, Restaurant Impossible, Diners Drive-ins and Dives… OMGosh… I could go on and on! LOL!
24601~~ THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can remember back in college when I had a boyfriend who was in computer programming. He spent ALL night trying to track down a problem with one of his programs. It turned out that a PERIOD was out of place! I’m so glad there are tekkies like you in the world that have the patience to deal with stuff like that! Thanks for all you do to keep our LEX world running smoothly!
ASHLEY~~ I think you will really enjoy the train ride to Chicago. Are you going to get a sleeper compartment? I’ve always wanted to do that!

SUNDAY AND MONDAY
SONGBIRDsusan~~ I used to sing solos all the time in the small churches around the house. But, my voice has changed so much since then and I guess when I stopped singing so much I lost some of the ability. My range has gone from a very high soprano to a very low alto! Anyhoo… I still enjoy belting out tunes in the car and the occasional family get-together impromptu solo. Hmm… I was thinking along the same lines about TruckDriverBrian. I think he was a little intimidated. It happens a lot with me. I’m a strong personality and very sure of what I want and don’t want. A lot of men just can’t handle it. God is just directing the path somewhere else. Fine by me! LOL! My name is pronounced like Denise, but with a “T” instead.
MARIELLE~~ I’m so glad you and BF enjoyed a lazy Sunday! WHAT??? He doesn’t want to hear all of the squealing and screaming? Why ever not? Baaahaahaaa! Mmmm… I’m not sure there was even a friend in need on TruckDriverBrian’s end. If so, I hope things were ok. But, I still would have given someone a call and not a text. I think a text was the coward’s way to go. OOOOHHHHH!! A pasta machine! What fun! How’d it turn out? I loved Angelina’s dress. There were so many beautiful dresses that I can’t really pinpoint a fave. Your Jax dream sounds yummy. Sorry your alarm ruined it! LOL! Your brother better step lightly!
AMY~~ I’m sorry the job at the prison fell through. Don’t give up. Keep trying and something will come open eventually. Trust me… there will be NOOOO rescheduling for TruckDriverBrian. I don’t play that way. LOL! You miss out with me… you’re just done for good.
LYNNE~~ How did your son do at daycare? Is he feeling okay today? I love the Sonnet you posted for Jaclyn! Hope you have a great Monday!
JACLYN~~ Yay! Glad you booked another photographer! WHAT? They really don’t allow you to use scripture anywhere besides in a church? That just blows my mind! I love the Sonnet Lynne posted! So… what’s a chippy? You mentioned being unhealthy this week, so I’m picturing a salad of some sort.
SUSIE~~ I’m glad to hear you’re taking it easy. The handicapped parking pass will come in very handy. You’re right. I wasn’t all that interested in TruckDriverBrian. I was keeping an open mind, but getting less and less impressed with every phone conversation. I hope you’re enjoying your MLK day! I know I am! So… what did you think of the Golden Globes?
SEAN~~ OMGosh! I’m glad the nail didn’t do major damage! I was so glad to see that message from Ann Marie!
SONGBIRDsusan~~ I’m sorry to hear you still have fluid in your ear. I hope the ENT clears it up quickly.
JENNJENN~~ Hey, Sister! I was very glad to see that post from Ann Marie! I was about ready to go do some hunting! So… are you ready for me to move you to the HH Con 2012 YES list?

HH CON 2012~~ Ok… I am now in need of definite answers from you MAYBE girls. These sisters are on my maybe list: Jennifer H (JennJenn), Brenda, Desiree, Suzanne, Lulu, Raine, Chrissy, Tracy, and Trine. I need Y’all to make your final decision by the first of February so that we can get our final numbers in place and begin making plans for entertainment and activities. Also, if there is anyone new… or old… who has been left off of the yes, no, maybe list… send me a PM and let me know where you stand.

I am off to check Fish and Mingle messages before getting dressed for the gym and Celebrate Recovery. Y’all have a great afternoon. I’ll check back in tonight before heading to bed! Today is HUG A SHORT PERSON DAY. Although I know some(most) of you are taller than my 5’, I’m still giving you all a HUGE ((((((HUG!))))))!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'm in a mood....
a mood for something sexy!!!
a mood for something sunny!!!

Something for a smutty mood
or more...

my mood is in a flow...

and I'm in a good mood!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

anyway, posts...

Songbird, it took me a time to see Jackson as really hot as well but after seeing him life on stage last December I'm completely lost...

Tonise, at the convention most tour operators and holiday parks promote their trips and all, campings and hotels, but also the countries themselves promote, like for the US and Canada they had a big hall with all sorts of trips and locations you can go to... they advise people, the border patrol was there to advise on how to deal with the import and export of products...

well, my movie is about to start... see you tomorrow...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

My son's much better, and stayed at daycare all day yesterday without any problems. Hooray! Not to mention, the tax department has FINALLY refunded my hubby's tax return! That's going to make our finances a little better! :D

marielle - don't murder your brother, honey. They'll just send you to jail, and you won't be able to see Bel Ami at all, or BD Pt 2, or Cosmopolis. It's just not worth it! ;)

Sean - ouch! That sounds like a nasty wound.

Songbird - I hope your ear is better soon. Yes, our church is pretty close knit. I must confess I don't miss the singing. I think singing can become a bit of a crutch for a church (it was in our previous church) and can be viewed as more important and prestigious than it should be.

Tonise - Sorry your date piked out! But that does at least tell you he's not the right guy! I'm sure that God will send Mr Right to you at the right time. I had to wait 27 years before I was even kissed by a guy!