Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

marielle and Ginnie, thank you so much for remembering me! Being remembered here feels like being given a warm blankie ... which reminds me of Edward ... which I'm sure has nothing to do with the Gutter thread, or re-reading My Lost Youth (EPOV), or these yummie decorations my sisters have put up ... oh Edward :swoon:

And thank you also for the "sister" designation! I will keep "cousin" on my banner, not to distance myself, but because I like it because it's quirky. Thanks Susie!

And Ginnie ... *taps foot* I'm practicing my patience ... ;) JK, thx for writing anything, ever, and feeding the addiction!

And marielle ... "disembarking sailors" :lol: :rotfl: :lol: ! Thx for the Bel Ami heads up ... disappointing but the timing sounds commericially right, properly after BD to attract as many as possible who want more Rob!

Kayla, thank you for the wonderful setting, my favorite place after Forks.

Caryn, that was just the pic I found that time. And I have to say: I admire Kristen's work, I like what I've seen of her, and I'm happy that she and Rob seem so happy together for so long, but her smile does not have the same impact on me as Rob's. Oh Rob :swoon: Have fun on your travels! I like to give myself a pedicure when I travel alone.

Ann Marie - I'm so glad to know your work is paying off for you! And that you have a DATE NIGHT coming up - fun fun - tell us all on Tuesday! (You're right - boys are silly - I'm wishing you a MAN.) Feel better soon.

Chrissy - congrats on the driver's permit! Lots of new freedom to explore.

Suzan - we are almost cross-posting! Hullo to the Netherlands! Now that you recommend How to Be, I will have to add it to my Netflix. As for school - if you know where you're going, I'm sure you'll get there - and I commiserate with you on the stress.

Now I will work hard (REALLY) on my laptop while on the new desktop I open all your lovely links, because ogling Rob helps me concentrate at work :roll: Love to all!

EDIT: NewJen, I don't know where in the Carolinas you are, but prayers for you and your loved ones - I am watching CNN's coverage of Hurrican Irene.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

Suzan you are right about Art, he is cute! Have you met Daniel Gale yet? Adorkablest.

Caryn, I'm sorry about your foot! Be careful!

So I think I'm the HH resident closest the the hurricane (earthquakes, hurricanes, what is the deal?!). Landfall is supposed to be NC coast at 9am tomorrow. We're almost 200 miles inland, so we certainly won't get the worst of it, but those of us who were living here in '96 still remember how much damage a hurricane can do even this far from the coast (I'm looking at you Hurricane Fran).

Still we should get lots of rain (quite needed actually) and may get lots of wind, possibly resulting in many downed trees and the damage they can cause <looks nervously at trees surrounding house, usually so beloved> Possible power outages. If you don't hear from me that's why (as opposed to why you usually don't hear from me: because I cannot get my act together).

I think Susie is still in Virginia so she may get some weather. Florida sisters, what are they predicting for you?
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

To all my East Cost Sisters,
Please be careful and be as safe as you can. Try to keep us updated on how you all are doing with the hurricane and earthquakes.

*chanting to myself- I will post tonight-I will post tonight*

To all of you, Have a happy Facinelli Friday.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

In quick answer to NewJen, as far as I can tell Irene has already passed us by. We had some windy, stormy weather yesterday, but today was beautiful!!

I'll be back later to add to this post properly. I'm currently hiding out under a bunker in case any "Arms" readers decide to come after me for the next chapter. :worried:
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Susie's Back on the Grid!!!

It's great to see our new thread!

You girls have been very busy without me!! I'm so proud of you. You really don't need me around here....
But too bad! I NEED YOU!

So this is my trip itinerary:

Last Wednesday -
flew to DC, 4 hours of sightseeing and then took the train to Charlottesville, VA

Thursday -
Visited with in-laws - I felt an actual earthquake aftershock!! It was exciting (because it was fairly mild).
My FiL is 92 and his wife is 81. A few years back they found their computer to be just too confusing, so they gave it up.

Today -
Hubs and Sonny Boy took the train from Charlottesville to DC and then flew home.
Daughter Dear and I started our journey driving back my FiL's car. Our first stop Lexington, KY. Daughter Dear has a college friend who lives here, so we are going to stay an extra day so she can spend time with her. Then we'll take two more days to get home. We'll be home Monday night.

I'm in the hotel business center right now and the computer is not up to par AT ALL. Things just go wacky whenever I open up a link, so I can't see all your decorating, and it is just so frustrating!! I'll have a lot to catch up on when I get back to my own laptop.

Sorry, I just can't do a mega post right now under these conditions! I'll be able to check in once a day at my various hotels, though. It's lovely to see you all again!!

Ginnie and Christina- glad Irene passed you. NewJen - Stay safe!!

Nighty Night!
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

wow, i can't believe it's already time for a new thread! i feel like i completely missed the last one. time is being viewed very weirdly in my head lately.

well, i know we don't usually like to post personal stuff here, but i wanted to share a video i made of baby and me for his birthday today. he is officially one year old. :) i'll leave it up for a couple of days then if you missed it, just message me.

p.s.
sounds like a fun trip susie! and i hope everyone stays safe from the bad weather and all.
Last edited by lulu on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Austwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by Austwilight »

G'day everyone,
I've been a bit absent recently. Had a really bad week last week and just need hide out on the couch, eat chocolate and watch TV. But DH has gone to Sydney tonight, the boys are in bed, so thought I would get on here and then go watch Twlight or New Moon or elicipse, which ever one I pick out first.

Hope everyone is ok with the hurricane's and earthquakes, please stay safe.
I really have nothing to report as I won't burden you all with my crappiness.
But just wanted to see how all of you were doing and have to say I'm loving the new digs, especially the wall hangings and videos we already have.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

**Walks in the front door of our AWESOME new HH and looks around in AWE at the great job my DIVA-SISTERS have done in decorating the new place!

Thanks to, KAYLA for finding such a gorgeous location, MARIELLE for providing our sister list, and SUSIE/CARYN for our birthday roster!

Hmmm... it looks like you girls have just about covered all our bases on decorations! HEADBOARDS... the hammock... the couch... the bed...PIANO ROB (my personal fave!)... all are amazing! So, there isn't much for me to add, but...

For our reading pleasure on those lazy Saturday afternoons when we're not reading GINNIE's WDH! :D

Some rainy evening entertainment! I bet CARYN would win a lot! :lol:

AND I'VE PLACED ONE OF THESE FOR EACH OF YOU IN YOUR ROOM TO KEEP YOU WARM WHEN THE WEATHER TURNS CHILLY! ;)

I have a pool date with CPC Tim this afternoon. In the meantime, I'm doing laundry and HOPEFULLY, a little writing! Y'all have a great day! (((HUGS!)))

EDIT: I found our MAP! One of you tech-savvy girls may want to edit it and add all the missing folks! :)
Last edited by missp on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Saturday Sisters!

Everyone has done a great job of decorating the new thread. Martha Stewart has nothing on you ladies! I'm going to bring my own TwiWard cutout to share with you all.

Caryn~ Sounds like you'd be a fun movie-watching companion. ;) Maybe we'll get the opportunity during HHCon next summer. A poster on another website said that she went to FYE to pre-order the WfE dvd and they told her September 13th, but I haven't been able to find a US date mentioned anywhere else. It's really irritating that they've announced dates for so many other countries and not here. :banghead: Thanks for posting the HH b-days list. That was a great idea on Susie's part.

Tracy~ Thanks for the recap from the beginning of HH8. It's amazing we managed to get through 200 pages in five months! :o

Tammy~ I'm still loving that wallpaper you made for me. I take a minute to sit and admire every time I turn my computer on.

Brenda~ Glad you're checking in with us cuz! Now that you mention it, the cover of EW does kind of look like they're a little miffed at being interrupted. Never Think is one of my favorite songs off the Twilight soundtrack. He really is incredibly talented. I've been following the conversation on the Gutter thread and there are some very witty people posting over there. No worries, your dirty mind will always fit it just fine around here. ;)

Chrissy~ Congratulations on getting your driver's permit! Will you be getting a car anytime soon?

Suzan~ Irene is a very big storm so even though the center was far out to sea we did get a few of the outer rain bands on Thursday and it's been on the windy side but nothing serious.

NewJen~ Stay safe and let us know how you're doing if you can. :hug:

Susie~ Glad you had a good (and safe) trip. I don't know where you get the idea we don't need you as much as you need us. You would be sorely missed if you weren't around. Looking forward to reading your first megapost on HH9.

lulu~ Happy 1st Birthday to Baby Boy! :clapping: He's so adorable. Thank you for sharing your beautiful video with us.

Now I'm going to go get ready to meet Ginnie at the movies to see The Help! :clap:
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello ladies~ Loving the new thread and all the amazing decorations everyone's posted thus far....

I know this has already been posted once or twice....
but it never hurts to see this picture again....and again....and again..... :swoon: 8-)

Karena~ Great to see you! Sorry that you've had a bad week, and hope things look a little better tomorrow. Remember that we're always here with a listening ear, a shoulder to lean on, and a little Robcrack and silliness for distraction. ;)

Lulu~ Happy Birthday to your sweet Babyboy, and congrats on the milestone of his first birthday! I'll try to watch the video Sunday evening when I have a bit more time to catch up on my Lexing. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Susie~ Glad you all have made it safely through the first leg of your trip, in spite of random east coast earthquakes (and not so random hurricanes). Being in Lexington just now, you're really not all that far from Newjen, Jenn Jenn, or myself. I hope you enjoy spending some special bonding time with DaughterDear over the next few days, and we look forward to your regular megaposts when you return safely home.

Ginnie~ Glad to hear your weather is okay and that Irene passed you by. Uh oh.....I probably won't have time to read the Arms update until Sunday evening, and I'm a little concerned by your comment. :unsure:. I'll let you know my thoughts once I've read it. ;)

Amy~ Thanks for continuing with the Facinelli Friday updates--I can't think of a better way to celebrate our Fridays.

Newjen~ We're sending postive vibes and thoughts your way for some much needed rain, without all the destruction from the winds and debris from Hurricane Irene. Stay safe sweetie. I'm glad to hear your two oldest had a good start to school. Is your youngest excited about starting Kindergarten? You probably won't know what to do with yourself that first day, with seven or eight hours of solitude. I love me some Daniel Gale as well. I actually preferred the movie The Bad Mother's Handbook to How to Be, although Rob was especially adorkable in both movies.

Brenda~ We're always glad to read your posts, whenever you have a chance to check in. How are the kiddos liking school so far? I did lurk a bit on the Gutter thread recently with all the talk about Edward's "longevity" and "recovery time"; and found all the references to the sea, sailors, tugboats, and Bella's dock very creative and hilarious. :lol:

Suzan~ I'm glad you enjoyed watching How to Be and seeing Rob at his adorkable best. I have to agree with Newjen.... if you enjoyed How to Be, you would probably be also be enthralled by Art in The Bad Mother's Handbook. I enjoyed Bad Mother's Handbook even more, and fell in love with the sweet, earnest, endearing, and adorkable Art. I found the storyline of Bad Mother's Handbook very compelling, with some interesting female characters alongside, as well. Have you made any more decisions regarding your Master's, and how to proceed with your coursework?

Caryn~ I hope you've had a safe trip for work, and sorry you didn't have time to meet up with Sandy. I hope your foot feels better soon....having an icy cold vampire close by would probably help with the pain and inflammation. The Bel Ami stills are just amazing. I'm assuming by your mention of "the bathhouse scene" (which means nothing to me), that you did read the book on which Bel Ami is based? If so, maybe you already posted your thoughts here and I missed them, or I've just forgotten. What did you think of the book?

Marielle~ The Bel Ami stills are killing me! Thanks for sharing them, and especially the positive news that it seems like there may be an actual release date for Bel Ami in our future. :clap: We'll keep our fingers crossed. Have a lovely weekend!

Missp~ Have a great time on your date hon, and enjoy your weekend!

Christina~ We'd love to see your Twiward cutout at the Halfway House and he should be displayed prominently. :D I'm counting down the days to the WFE premiere myself (whenever in September it is...) I just listened to the WFE soundtrack again after not hearing it for weeks, and I'd forgotten how absolutely beautiful it is. The Help was a great movie with a ton of amazing performances by those wonderful female actors, and a pretty darn good book-to-screen adaptation, as well. Hope you and Ginnie have fun, and we look forward to reading your thoughts about the movie.

Chrissy~ Congrats on getting your driver's permit, and good luck with classes.

Ann Marie~ Hey there! Have a great weekend!
Banner by TammyAZ