Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

I'm in Aurora, Illinois now - about an hour from Chicago. Tomorrow is the last leg of our drive home.

It's true!! Daughter Dear and I really did meet up with Caryn today!
It was surreal - lunch with JennJenn yesterday in Kentucky and then lunch with Caryn today in Indy.
We had a great time chatting as usual. I'm so lucky - this was my THIRD time meeting up with Caryn. (Soon people are going to talk.) Don't worry, there are more Susie visits planned. Susie may be coming soon to a town near you!

Too tired to write any more tonight. I'll catch you when I get home!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

Pfff, Monday again…I had a great weekend but somehow the weekends are just too short…

I had an amazing dream last night, or either this morning… I woke up at five and tried very hard to fall asleep again…when I did, I dreamed about being at a large MTV award show, it was on a square and the celebrities were all in the buildings around the square, I end up in one of the building and walk out on the balcony where Kristen is watching the show… somehow were are very close friends and I give her a hug and ask how she is doing, so we talk about her and her relationship with Rob, it was just like how you talk to your best friend… it was so nice…
my damn alarm went off halfway through the dream…

NewJen, I’m happy the storm passed you without too much damage…I hope your loved ones will be safe as well.

Raine, I saw on the news that you had a storm again…Shopping for 6 hours… pfff that’s about my maximum as well. Did you buy anything nice?

Caryn, I’m sorry about your foot but I have to say, you girl got your priorities straight… you should be worrying about being able to properly walk for the rest of your life and you worry about the BD premiere…hihi, yes, you’ve got your priorities in the right order… :D

Susie, are you doing a HH tour or something like that…I’m so jealous…still I’m thinking I’ll be there next year… I found tickets to Toronto for 300 euro we are thinking of using the train to go to Chicago or maybe a inland flight… we’ll have to see but the tickets have to be booked before December

Well, I’m going to try and do some work…
See you all later…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Good evening all,

I have been, once again, super busy! Last Thursday we went to the bridal shop again, and I think I may have actually found a dress I like! There is 2 actually...I think I prefer one, but I want to go back (again!) with my sister & friend to see what they think. Hopefully that can be arranged soon!

Friday & Saturday we were at concerts/festival stuff. It was really good fun!

Also, I finally bought a car! I ended up getting a brand new car, as they had a special offer on finance, which made it only a little more expensive per month to get a new car, compared with nearly new/used. Mental eh! Hopefully I won't find it too much a month though - should be ok, but I just worry about the petrol costs to my work! Anyways, I should get the car in the next couple weeks.

I'm getting kinda tired, so quick replies...

Susie - YAY for continuing the HHWorldTour! That's really great you got to meet JennJenn for the first time, and that you got to meet up with Caryn again too!

Caryn - Oh no, sorry to hear about your foot!! Also sorry that you may not be able to go to the BD premiere, but you never know! Stay positive until you speak to your doctor, and if you need to miss it, I am sure that BD part 2 premiere will be even BIGGER! Thinking of you Girl!

SuperJen - I hope Wednesday goes ok for you, as your FirstDayAsTheRestOfYourLife! Is your youngest excited about starting school full time? Are you looking forward to extra time alone, or a bit aprehensive about it all?

Lulu - Happy belated birthday to BabyBoy! That video was sooo sweet; I loved it!! He really is a cutie! ;)

Tracy - I think I prefer The Bad Mother's Handbook to How To Be as well, although I have only seen both films twice. TBMH I thought was so heartbreaking though (the storyline in general) as well as having some very funny moments, and of course, some excellent eye candy! ;)

Tonise - Hey there! How was your date the other night? I hope school is still going well :)

Marielle - WOW, tickets to Toronto for only 300 euro?? That is excellent! I think we will defo look at flying from Amsterdam when we go to the US, as I think they are a lot cheaper than the UK (and certainly from Scotland!).
I am glad you enjoyed your music festival this weekend. You are right though; it is been awfully quiet!

Anyone who was affected by Irene - I hope everyone was ok & no one got hurt!

Everyone I missed - HI there!

Ok, soo sleepy now. Gotta run! Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Girls! Just a quick hello! I was so looking forward to sitting down after dinner and doing a little writing tonight, but I had some papers to grade instead. Now, I need to do some research to find Photo Story and hopefully download it to my laptop so I can do the class photostories at home instead of at school. I tell you... with my PE/Prep time being at 8:20 in the morning, the rest of the day is a blur! I don't have time to even go to the bathroom until the kids behinds are planted firmly on the bus seat headed home! *Sigh!* I'll be back tomorrow night to check in with you girls! :D
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Oooh, a very quiet Monday in the HH, huh? I suppose I can't say much as I was absent as well. Alas, I had three meetings today, which took up the majority of my day, not to mention, catching up from being out on Friday. Ironically, I should be writing to you from Providence, Rhodes Island tonight, while I get ready to attend a 2-day conference. It would have been bloody complicated with the broken foot, I tell you. However, they decided to cancel the training due to the threat of Irene. So, it all works out in the end, huh?

Amy~ I received a special card in the mail today. Thank you so much. Totally unecessary, as I was happy to hook a sister up. You know I live to share the Rob. So, thank you!! It is absolutely the PERFECT thank you. ;)

Jaclyn~ That's exactly what happened when I bought my momvan a few years back. It was cheaper to purchase a brand new van than one only a year old. It's weird how these things end up happening. Yes, I'm trying to hold out hope. I meet with my doctor tomorrow afternoon, so there's not much I can do until then. Thanks!

Marielle~ I kind of love that dream. :lol: I get the sense that Kris is a great friend to have. :lol: Of course I'm worried about the premiere!! I've got the rest of my life to get my foot fixed. When would I ever have a chance to be that close to Robert Thomas Pattinson again in my life!?!?

Susie~ I do hope you were able to get some rest. I'm sure the car trip is taking a lot out of you girls. But, it was so fantastic to meet DaughterDear (she truly is a dear). I hope the rest of the trip was calm and uneventful.

EDIT: Tonise~ Looks like we were duel-posting! Oh, that is rough not to have break through the whole day. Well, if anyone can do it, I know it's the Amazing Miss P!

Breaking Dawn~ In case you hadn't seen, Summitt released a new still today! No RobWard, sadly, but beautiful BrideBella and dashing looking Charlie as well. I have to say, it's a good thing they are highlighting Charlie here. During this part of the film, you know we'll all be holding our breath waiting for that first glorious glimpse of GroomWard. I almost feel sorry for every other person in that film.... almost. :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

hi again! i think this is like 3 times in just as many days--or almost at least. ;)

anyway, susie, you got to see caryn too? how fun! i love that you travel so much. what a blessing!

caryn, sorry you'll be most likely missing the premiere. that's very sad. i'm glad you have one promised for the last one though. that will be quite the event, holy cow. and THANK YOU for posting the new bd still! i love it! i'm so excited for november!

jaclyn, congrats on the new car and finding your wedding dress! (or at least narrowing it down to two) your wedding is only 8 months away, right? so exciting!!

marielle, loved your dream, it sounded perfect. i love when it's so natural just to be chatting like best friends, wouldn't that be so cool?! :)

ok, i'm going to scamper away because i started reading ginnie's "arms" and am loving the story! i need to read more! :wave: to the rest of you lovelies.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Wow....it's been kind of quiet around here ladies, which does make it a little easier to catch up. I always like to congratulate us all on surviving our Mondays, as they're most definitely not my favorite day of the week. :roll: We attended a two-hour Open House at my daughter's middle school tonight after a busy day at work....and I'm beat. We actually visited all seven of her classrooms and met her teachers from every subject. I'd forgotten how exhausting changing classes can be. :D

There's a great little article on Robsessed which features some lovely fanmade Breaking Dawn promotional posters that are much better than "the poster that shall not be named", which we've all agreed is less than stellar. Here's the link if you have time; be sure to check out the first poster :blush:
Here are a couple of my faves....So happy....so blissful.....so simple ;)

Who else could make playing chess look this freaking adorable? :D

Marielle~ Hope you had a good weekend. I loved your dream about spending time with Kristen--thanks for sharing. I bet Kristen is probably a fierce and loyal friend, especially to those with whom she's closest, and who have supported her and helped keep her grounded over these past few crazy years. I'm glad to hear that attending the HH convention is still looking very promising for both you and your bf.

Susie~ I'm happy you and DaughterDear have had a nice trip, and what a special way for you to share some bonding time together before she returns to school soon. That's awesome that you were able to combine two HH visits with the trip to pick up your FIL's car. Both you and Caryn should receive some sort of special Lexicon commendation for meeting up three times. :D

Missp~ I hope you're enjoying your sweet 5th graders. Its sounds like you're making the most of your weekends, yet still remaining very organized and getting yourself to bed at a decent hour during the week--good for you! Good luck with the photostories. I've always been amazed at how much teachers are able to accomplish with barely any time to breathe, much less pee, during their school day. :lol:

Caryn~ I'm so sorry to hear about your fractured foot....again. Are you using a walking boot with your crutches, or are you completely non-weightbearing? Somehow I bet you're more agile with crutches than Bella would be. ;) That worked out for the best that you didn't have to attempt to maneuver your way around the conference in Providence this week. Let us know how your orthopedist visit goes tomorrow. We'll send positive vibes and thoughts your way for a quick recovery, and keep fingers crossed that you can still attend the BD premiere in November. I'm so glad you spent time with Susie and hope you had a wonderful lunch together...and meeting DaughterDear was a nice bonus. Thanks for sharing the BD still--Charlie does look quite dashing in his tux. I think seeing Bella say "goodbye" to her parents, especially Charlie, will be a surefire tearjerker scene for me. That was the only part of the book where I nearly lost it emotionally, while reading.

Raine~ Have a wonderful time spending a few days with your parents and visiting with your family this week. Hope you recover from all the shopping with your Mom. Alice would probably need a breather too. :D Congrats (in advance) to your parents on their 40th Anniversary--that's quite a milestone!

Jaclyn~ Good to see you hon! That's great news that you've found a couple of possibilties for your wedding dress. Can you share any details with us? Congrats on finding and purchasing a new car--how exciting! What type of car are you buying, and how is the gas mileage?

Jenn Jenn~ I'm so glad you were able to meet Susie and I'm not surprised that your daughter was so comfortable around her. Susie certainly is one of a kind, isn't she? ;)

Lulu~ Hey there hon! Ginnie's "Arms" is amazing, isn't it?

Joyce~ I'm so sorry your son was ill and hope he's on the road to a quick recovery.

Hello to Ann Marie, Newjen, Amy, Sandy and anyone else I've missed!
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

Can you all believe that I’m counting down the days till my holiday!!!
Just 12 days to go…

I have to say it’s been really quiet here… I hope it’s the silence before the big BD storm…

Jaclyn, I’m so happy to see you around here today!!
You should look at Dublin as well, many cheap flights from Amsterdam have a stop at Dublin. I think it will be easier for you to travel from there…

Caryn, my bf officially thinks you are nuts… he was reading your post over my shoulder and asked what happened to your foot, when I explained your accident and you priorities he considered you officially crazy… I however think that if you need to have surgery it could wait until after the new year… you’ll be able to go to the premiere and are fit again for the HH-con…

Lulu, yes, I honestly think that it would be really nice to have Kstew as a friend… I don’t think you’ll get bored with her as she has probably a lot of things to tell and complain about…

Tracy, yes I sure had a good weekend, just did a bit too much and my muscles can’t handle it at the moment… I have started to do meditation and relaxing techniques for my muscles in the hope they will recover soon…
The plane tickets aren’t that expensive anymore… next week we will be on holiday but after that we are going to save money for our small US trip…

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

I'm BACK!!

Hi Ladies! I missed you so much!

I got home last night around 9:30 and was way too pooped to post. (love the sound of that)

Still, I won't be able to get back to my megaposting for a bit. TONS of stuff to do as Sonny Boy's Personal Assistant to get ready for college. Believe it or not, we haven't completed all we need to do for his Stafford (government) loans! Then he has tons of stuff to do online for his college before moving in on Sunday, one of which is an alcohol awareness course!! PLUS we have to make sure we've got all of his STUFF for his dorm. We've done most of the shopping, but there are odds and ends. The biggest is his laptop - he still needs to get that. YIKES! He's using his graduation money for that. (remember that fund-raising party we had for his graduation? :lol: ) Oh - and I have to keep reminding him to read the assigned reading!!! Sheesh! Last minute much? I suppose that should be an indication of his preferred modus operandi. Daughter Dear will move back to her college on Labor Day. It isn't as stressful for her because the routine is already in place - it will be the fourth and final time moving into her dorm. Can you believe that I'll have a college graduate child next May??? Maybe she'll even get a real job and move out on her own! :shock:

It's going to take me a long time to catch up with you all!

Please be patient with me. I know I promised to post pics of meeting up with JennJenn and then Caryn......

Have a great day!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Aaargh! I had a lovely big post all typed, then hit the back button - oops!! I normally copy it into Word, but was in a hurry....

It's my bf & I's 8 year anniversary of when we started going out today, so we are going out to dinner to our favourite Indian restruant. No time to do my post again!

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!