Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by openfire »

Actually....

SuperJen doesn't have fb either does she?? Susie! I need your help - you will know :D Could you maybe email me or something? I can't remember if I have Jen's address... Thanks! :)
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

It's Tuesday, Tuesday! Gotta get down on Tuesday!! (jk)

Yikes! This morning I lost my balance while hanging up clothes in my closet (that's what I get for tidying up) and really wrecked my knee even more! I actually heard a "click" sound and felt a VERY big pain. Luckily my bed was right there so I could collapse until the pain lessened. Now when I walk that knee is definitely worse. I think I must have made that little tear in the cartilage a whole lot bigger. I'm not sure what the doc will say. He probably rolls his eyes whenever I call. THAT lady again. I don't know if he'll want another MRI before deciding on surgery to repair the tear. I am :( about this setback. I got places to go - people to see! I'm too busy to be encumbered like this.

Sorry about the tedious knee stories, folks. :?

On to what you're all up to -

JennJenn - You must have really needed that rest. Now you'll have more energy to keep up with your daughter!

Sean - What do you think of my idea of getting a volunteer job? It might help you get energized. You would be getting out and meeting new people.

Jaclyn - Thank you for doing that! I really wish I could come. Too bad I spent all my money on college tuition. NewJen (or Super Jen, as you call her) also isn't on fb, nor is Brenda (yet - she's working on getting started with it). EDIT - Will email you regarding NewJen.

Tornado - It sounds so strange to hear about really hot weather right now. I'm glad you have a nice water park to go to. I remember being proud of my kids when they could do the big slide on their own!! I certainly couldn't do it with little kids at my age and this state of disrepair!

Desiree
- Yep. Summit is waiting for BD Part 2 to be released and then we will be TONS of good stuff. They are really thinking it is one movie in two parts. We just have to be patient. How many glasses of wine did you have to have to calm down?

Caryn - Can you do me a favor? I'm too lazy to look for myself. When you get a chance, can you post the pic from BD1 of Robward and Krisella in the car driving through the streets of Rio? The exact screencap I want is the one on page 72 of the Official Movie Companion. I"ll take it with or without the green screen. I adore Rob's expression - everything about him in that pic. He is just so snuggly and sexy at the same time. Adoring her, but desiring her at the same time. He looks so cuddly that I want to jump in the picture! Of course Kris looks beautiful as usual.

Marielle - Remember how much vacation time you get!! You are convinced you hate your job. For a mental exercise try moving it up a notch on the scale to "it's OK" and you'll feel a lot better. I think this is wearing on you. You need to think of what some people have to do for a living. I'm constantly reminded of that when I hear what my students do for work and what they get paid: 6 hours of moving boxes for FedEx with no break other than bathroom breaks!! People who have to work retail when there are no customers and they are just standing around bored. People who work in hotel housekeeping and they have to work really quickly to get a certain number of rooms cleaned in a certain amount of time. Assembly workers, etc. You get the idea. I acknowledge that you really don't like your job. You need to take charge and either try to improve your situation there, or look for a different job. There. That is the Susie advice that you might not have wanted. :?

Tonise - I actually did notice in today's paper that Alabama won yesterday. I did wonder if you would still support them even though usually they are big Auburn rivals. Thanks for clarifying. NOLA sounds like a fun trip. You have no choice but to go. You'll have fun. Are you getting any more RSVPs for HHCON?? Do we need to stir things up a bit?

Gotta get to a hair appointment -

Catch you later!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Susie - take care of the knee, hon! That sounds painful! Definitely go back to the doctor, don't worry about what he's thinking.

Well, the geeks are fighting back with my video again! Does anyone know if there's a forum on this site where I could post it so more Lex people see it so that they can help me out?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Howdy Ho there, siblings. Just swinging in to let you all know I'm off on my road trip. I'll check in from the road but won't be fully Lex-capable until we get to Orlando sometime tomorrow. It was a crazy day of last minute errands and arrangements, but we got it all done and we're off. I'm driving the first leg so we'll see how long that lasts.

Marielle~ BTS is behind the scenes. Sorry. I tend to type my version of English, which includes the occasional odd abbreviation or random made up word.

Susie~ Oh no!!! I hope your knee is okay, or at least not damaged any worse. I will be happy to post the pic as doomsday we get to Orlando. The other option is for you to go through my Photobucket account. It's public, so just go to Photobucket.com and search Gin3vra. It's in the Breaking Dawn folder, likely about halfway through.

Tonise~ I was ecstatic for Alabama last night. The played a heck of a game and I knew you were jazzed too.

Desiree~ yep, been there and ranted that. We're all in complete agreement with you, though.

Okay, time to switch seats. Laters!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Happy Tuesday.
Not a whole lot going on in my neck of the world. Wishing that some of you would ship me some cold weather or maybe some snow. It was warm on Sunday where I just went out in a pair of jeans and a short sleeved shirt. My youngest, Monkey, has his first dentist appointment today. Just a check up and a cleaning. I wonder how he will do.

On to my post:

Tonsie ~ Welcome back. I know you have been back for a few days now, but I haven't said hi to you in a while. We sure did miss you here.

Susie ~ I am so sorry that you hurt your knee again. Have you made your appointment yet to your orthopedic? It sure does sound painful.

Jaclyn ~ I wish that I could come to your wedding. I have been absent here for a while so I wanted to ask: have you found your dress yet?

Tracy ~ That really sucks about your computer.

Marielle ~ Love how you lost focus at work due to fanfic. I do that all the time, too much actually. I really like knowing that you wanted to teach when you were younger. I actually went to college to get my teaching degree, but due to California's budget crisis, they laid off so many teachers that I didn't see the point in finishing. If I could be anything, I'd love to be a storm chaser.

Caryn ~ I didn't know you beta'd. How cool is that! I didn't think that BD was still in theaters. Speaking of theaters, I found out that one of my aunts and a few of my cousins are big Twilight fans. When BD pt 2 comes out, their theater will play all the movies that will lead up to pt 2 and they asked me to go. *WOOT WOOT* Count me in.!! Twilight is the only one that I haven't seen in theaters so that will be my last chance to see it.

Lynne ~ I loved your youtube video. I cracked up laughing when the fire got started with Star Wars / Star Trek stuff. It reminds me of my husband saying that he was going to start our New Year's fire with my Twilight books. Ya, I'd like to see him try.

Songbird ~ Id buy the Aro poster with the "Spelling - Grammar" comment. That scene cracked me up. It was so Aro.

Sean ~ I'm not a Jersey Shore fan at all, but I had a dream last night that I met Snookie. Don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you.

Desiree ~ I could care less about the flower prop extras too.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hey Peeps -

Isn't tomorrow the People's Choice Awards?????? AND Isn't a certain Mr. Pattinson nominated for Favorite Movie Actor???? I totally missed voting!! How could that have happened??? Why haven't we been talking about this? Oh yeah. It was Christmas. And New Years...... Anyway, has anyone heard anything about whether or not Rob is attending and if Kristin is going with him?

Caryn - Have a Safe Drive - no texting or going online WHILE driving, OK??? Thanks for access to your photobucket account!! I forgot all about the option of pilfering it!!
Rob is so dreamy in this screencap!!!

Amy
- I wish I could send you some cold, but it's been record breaking warm here the last two days. Today - 52!!! Usually it is below zero this time of year. It is just plain weird. Thursday will be more normal - high of 15. Good luck at the dentist. They usually know how to make little kids feel comfortable. Just make sure you don't show any anxiety because he will sense that.

Lynne - Oh no! Those naughty geeks. I guess that's the risk a person takes when posting on youtube. Sorry you have to deal with it.

babye....
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

First, some comments.

Susie: I know that you've been gone for a while, so I don't think that you've been able to read up on what I told Jaclyn about my situation. Currently, I don't have a car, or a drivers' license. And my older brother only leaves the house for any real period of time only 1-2 days a week--usually to either meet friends or see a doctor. So I don't have very many chances to do such a thing, and I don't think that only doing it a couple of hours a week is worth it. What I'm trying to do now is try and get in touch with friends and trying to make some new ones closer to home (when I make a new friend, here or elsewhere, they usually end up in the UK, Holland, or somewhere far away in the US or something). I think that right now, that's my best opportunity. I discussed this at length with Songbird, Jaclyn, Caryn, and Marielle on previous pages, but I don't wanna bore you with what I see as wrong in my life, considering that I'm in a better mood.

And above all else, take care of yourself! :) Even though it's a while away, HH-Con would be more enjoyable the less pain you're in.

Jaclyn: Saw the invitation on Facebook. A nice gesture, but considering as how I can't attend HH-Con, I doubt that I'll be able to make it to Scotland anytime soon. I do hope that everything is going OK as far as the wedding plans go.

Marielle: I'll find out more about the Peugeot situation on Jan 30/31 when Peugeot announce their sportscar plans. There are strong rumors that Peugeot are scaling back to two cars at Le Mans and the WEC. Since outside of LM, only two cars on a team can score points for the manufacturers' and teams' championships (at LM, the highest finishing two entries from a manufacturer/team can score points) this won't hurt Peugeot bad as long as only two Audis run in the WEC full time. Where it might hurt is at Le Mans with double points and a possible 4 car Audi entry, and Audi have done major development work on the R18 to improve driver visibility and make the car more versatile.

Another big kink is what Peugeot will do with their proposed hybrid car. It was also hinted that Peugeot didn't want to go the route of Aston Martin and run pay drivers in their third car, and risk it getting binned or contributing little to their overall effort.

In Audi road car news, the A4 Avant wagon will be replaced with the A4 Allroad version of that car in NA, and the A8 3.0 TFSI and 3.0 TDI cars will be on sale in NA later this year. Also, the A6 Allroad new gen car has been released in photos.

Everyone: Again, it seems that RL is keeping some people away from here, as it's been a bit slow here again the past day or two. For me tonight, I'll be trying my pizzas lunchable style, since that's what they remind me of. I might bake one or two crusts, but at least one will be uncooked. I'll also be watching Secret War, where German Jews who defected to the UK were allowed to volunteer for undercover missions by being sent in by the Special Operations Executive as agents to sabotage the Nazis, and gain their own revenge against the Fuhrer.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Amy - have you shown your husband the video? It could let him know what action you might take if he tries to lay hands on your Twilight stuff! ;)

Sean - it has been a tad slow here, hasn't it? Everyone has stuff going on. I've finished work for the morning, so I'm just chilling for a while now until I pick up my son from day care this afternoon.

Susie - yeah, it's the risk you take when you try and take on geeks, I guess! :D Yes, Rob is attending the People's Choice Awards, but no one's said anything about Kristen going with him, from what I've heard, anyway.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, now that im comfortably back in the passenger seat and all caught up on the gossip (thank gods for unlimited data ;) ), I can respond to a few things.

Susie~ Yes, he is absolutely stunning in that pic. And, yes, you are welcome to pilfer my Photobucket account anytime and to your heart's content. And, finally, yes, Rob is expected at the PCAs as a nominee for best actor for WfE. I'm not thrilled because the PCAs tend to be one big dog and pony show and last year's where just painfully awkward. But, alas, it's a RobAppearance so who am I kidding if I try and convince anyone I won't be glued to the hotel flatscreen? On the upside, there are reports he could sit next to Betty White!! Wouldn't that be precious?? Boy better watch out. She's a live wire, that Ms. White. She'll be groping him all night. :lol:
There was another response I had, but I can't do 'expand view' on the Evo to remind myself. Dur. Alas, off to read for a bit before sleeping through the mountains. Night all.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Hi! Just a quickie post from me for today, just wanted to drop in and leave a quick reply or two. Lots to do tonight - and probably go blind from html coding, unless I drown in it first.

Caryn Oooh! Orlando. Sounds like fun. :) Especially getting to meet up with a couple HH girls while there. Just don't get a sunburn! Also saw the pic on FB of you and Angela. Can't believe you two haven't met up before! (Oh and before I forget, I don't know if my grandma has called you yet, but I did give her your number the other day and relayed her the info you gave me.)

And now back to blinding myself, unless I fall asleep first. :|
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed