Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by openfire »

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Even though I'm just back at work, I am very glad that it is the weekend!! This weekend we have a lot to do, but I don't think we will get much of it done... Lot's of wedding things. It's only 99 days to go! :shock:

To the posts!

Tonise - HELLO THERE!!! Boy have I missed you! Can't wait to hear about what you got up etc. I am glad that the fast worked out so well for you :)

Brenda - So sorry that you were ill when Susie came to visit you (btw Susie, I totally knew you were up to something!! LOL!). Hope you are feeling a bit better now! I am sure you will get another chance to meet up with Susie though, even if that is at the HHCon!
I love that you said that some of your best dates with your hubs was out at the supermarket. My bf and I love going food shopping, and even before we lived together & had to actually buy a households worth of shopping, we would sometimes just go & walk around, pointing out things that we would buy, if the future. It was always really nice :)

Songbird - No, you are brave! That takes a lot of guts to do what you done - and I am very happy for you that it worked out!! I could never do anything like that. I am far too much of a chicken.. LOL!

Sean - Ok, some more advice - don't hit me ;) This girl you like who just broke up with her bf - I wouldn't go and ask her out just yet. You don't want to be the "rebound guy" and she probably doesn't really want to get into another relationship so soon. So you should just be there for her, if she needs you, and chat with her. In a wee while, you should see how things stand and where it might go. That make sense? :)

Caryn - I know exactly how you feel - my 3 day week felt like forever! Not looking forward to my regular 5 day week next week...
I am mega jealous of your trip next week!! Have fun!!

Susie - Looking forward to your MegaPost to catch up! Feel like we haven't spoken in aaaaages!

Ashley - Hey there!! I hope everything is ok? Nice to see you!

Marielle - Hey! I am glad that you are finally feeling a bit better! That's good you can celebrate your bf's birthday properly tomorrow. What do you plan to do? Go for a meal?
Nope we actually had a really nice day yesterday LOL. First day that it has not rained since Christmas - it was a lovely blue sky! Cold though, but I don't mind. Today it is back to dull and wet... Oh well. LOL.

Lynne - I remember when I first when my bike - it was great, but there defo was a few falls LOL!

Raine & Susie - I see you!! *waves*

EDIT: Susie - We were dualing posting & you bet me! Oh no! That is really rubbish about SonnyBoy's bike :( Did you have insurance for it? Sorry that your hubs lost his bag too... what is a panier bag? Just the brand, or a certain type? I really hate theives....

Tonight we are going out for dinner with my mom & dad to our favourite Indian restruant. I am really looking forward to it - I am getting very hungry - and already planning what to have LOL. Just waiting on my dad getting in from work & calling us to tell us what time to book... LOL.

Anyways, I'm gonna go now. Enjoy your Friday folks!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Sean, Enjoy whatever you end up eating! I don't think we get Jersey Shore here, but I hear it's really over the top and there are always people from it in the celebrity news, and it's never good. I also emphatically echo what Jaclyn said about not wanting to be the rebound guy. Besides, girls like a guy who is there for them and listens, and you can learn a lot about what she DOESN'T want in what she says so you can avoid those things if and when you DO start dating.

Marielle, I'm so glad you feel better! So many people are sick. I'm finally nearly over it. I've had it since November. It really hung on this time. The coughing is the worst. Once that's over, it's not nearly as annoying. That's so sad what happened to your relative. I had never heard of it until you posted that article. I'm amazed none of our neighbors have been injured on new years with fireworks. They are SO irresponsible with them...letting small children (3 or 4 years old) shoot bottle rockets from their hands, and not watching where they are aiming, letting the older kids (10 or so) shoot them AT eachother. We haven't gone outside to watch fireworks since the first year we moved in because I don't want to be injured by them. I can't imagine what they would manage with carbid shooting!

Susie, I admit that I have already cheated by using that list on page one. I wrote all the names down of people who had been posting regularly. Guess I need to add to it...if I can find it. I haven't needed it since the first week I was on here so I don't know where I put it now. I'll PM you with my email and such. I'm so sorry about your son's bike...did he have it registered? Do you think the bag would still be on it? That might make it more recognizable for police to find it. Where's your next trip?? (living vicariously here!)

Jaclyn, I don't think I've ever had Indian food...I hear it's spicey and I'm SUCH a wuss when it comes to food. Before my husband and I got married, (he's really helped me open my mind) I had never had Greek, mexican, the only chinese I would eat was fried rice...now my favorite restaurants here are Greek, Mexican, and Chinese. There used to be a GREAT Yugoslavian one here in the town where I live, but the service was AWFUL and it closed down last year. I hope you enjoy your night out!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hello everyone!

Happy Weekend

I haven't notice that it's been already an hour past midnight here. Starting my weekend already. Not much happened since last I posted so I think I'll just skip to reply's...

Songbird - So sorry to hear your daughter has trouble sleeping. Is she usually a fussy sleeper or is she not feeling well. I usually babysat for my baby niece and when she was much smaller she never goes to sleep without making a fuss, what I usually do is pat her thigh while humming nonsense tunes :D . Works like magic to her...

Amy - Lovely picture of your son. A bit scary though with the dirt bike. We barbecued almost anything we could put on the grill. Hotdogs, pork chops, some fish...even marshmallows (yum!)

Jaclyn - That must have been a really bad timing when your oven broke down on Christmas Day while cooking your dinner. Did you at least manage to finish cooking before it broke down. Hope your dinner didn't go to waste.

Caryn - Sounds like a great Holiday spent with your family. Glad you enjoyed it!

Lynne - Your video's perfect. I was laughing so hard towards the end. I was thinking of showing it to big bro, he may not be a fun of Star Wars but I think he would stop teasing me so much about all things Twilight once he sees your video...considering I sometimes cooked for him and my SIL :twisted:.

Tonise - Your church is doing fasting on Holiday season. Is it an annual thing for your church? Back here we also do fasting during the Holy Week season. We usually don't eat meat every Friday from Ash Wednesday to Good Friday.

Brenda - Aw so sorry you were sick while Susie was visiting you but it sounds like you have a great Holiday with your family too. Our Media Noche is the New Year's Eve meal at midnight. We usually wait for dinner until the clock strikes 12mn then the whole family would gather around and eat together. It's quite similar to your Thanksgiving Dinner minus the turkey. Actually most of us had a very solemn Holiday season, just before Christmas there's a typhoon that hit the south most part of Philippines, there's been land slides and flash flood and the death toll was staggering. It must be what you heard from the news, it's quite far from Manila though, that's where we are, so we're all okay here.

Susie - I was wondering where you are. Another HH vist...sorry you didn't have much time chatting with Brenda being sick.

Marielle - Still sick? Aw you poor thing. Hope you get better really soon.

Big :wave: to everyone else I've missed.

Yap, it took me 2 hours just to compose this little reply. I blame it on the funnel cake I'm munching, whoever discovers this recipe is pure genius. Now I have sugar crumbs on my laptop and all over my bed. Drats!!!

I gotta go. I have a date with the Salvatore brothers before I go to bed. Vampire Diaries is finally back...
Laters.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Raine, my daughter is 5...she usually sleeps really well (unlike when she was a baby) but she apparently got worms. We gave her medicine for it a few days ago and the last 2 nights, she's been fine. Fingers crossed that they're gone! I agree...funnel cake is sooooo good. We don't have that here, but I think Olie Bollen (it's a fried ball of dough) are similar in taste...yum. Are you usually up so late?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Songbird - yes, sometimes I think my son isn't all that fussed, either. I should probably just let him do it in his own time too. I didn't learn until I was 13! Take it from an objective viewer: you are brave! ;) By the way, if you forget everyone's name just go to page 1 of this post and all our real names are listed with our nicknames.

Sean - I've never seen Jersey Shore, but it sounds interesting. You'll have to tell me if it's worth a look!

marielle - glad to hear you're feeling better! Have a good time at the birthday celebrations!

Susie - sorry to hear about the bike. Those things are always a pain in the neck.

Jaclyn - yes, I was never much of a bike rider. But then, in our family, we tend not to excel at the physical side of things. Hubby's family seem much the same, so I think Little Man will be too. And I'm already starting to think he's going to be a writer, like his mother and grandfather (his dad's not a bad writer himself), because he has a vocabulary the size of a house, and can read pretty well, considering he hasn't even started school yet!

Raine- glad you liked the video. By all means, show it to your brother. He needs to be aware of the danger he is in! :lol: I want it to get a wide viewing, in the hope that it will get back to George Takei!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Just dropping in for a quick hello.
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

HAPPY TGIF, MY HH SIBLINGS!! This has been a great week back to school, but a busy one sure enough! I always get in the habit of staying up way too long and sleeping most of the day when I’m on a break, so I haven’t had the best luck this week of getting the rest I need. I’m hoping to be back on a responsible schedule by next week. I came home tonight and allowed myself three wonderful indulgences… a longggg hot as I could stand it shower, Chicken Alfredo Pasta with lots of butter, olive oil, garlic, and parm, AND… caramel cake icing with vanilla ice cream (which I am sneaking bites of as we speak!). So, it has already been a wonderful start to the weekend for me! Then, to top it all off… my Baby Bella seems to be almost completely back to her full self following her bout with pneumonia. *Sigh!* Life is blessed!

CARYN~~ Awww! It’s nice to know I was missed! Baaahaaaahaaa!! Alice on a MethBinge! Now, that’s a mental picture and a half! Where are you off to next week?

ASHLEY~~ *GASP!* Of course the HH Con is still a go! I soooo hope you get to come be with us! It just won’t seem right without you there! I haven’t been here, so I don’t know what kind of stuff RL has dealt you lately, but I hate that it’s been so rough! Love ya! (((HUGS!)))

SEAN~~ I love it when I get to just lay around in bed! More wood splitting? You’re a busy bee!

LYNNE~~ Did you a little one enjoy your outing yesterday? It has been very beautiful here the last two days… not winter weather at all. I like warmer weather, but it sure is messing with our sinuses!

SONGBIRD~~ I am so glad you’ve joined our humble abode here at Rob’s HH! Would you like us to add your “real” name to the list and call you by it, or would you rather us stick with Songbird? Don’t worry at all about keeping everyone straight! I still use the cheat sheet when I post so I won’t forget who anybody is! LOL! We’re going to have to use some serious name tags at the HH CON!! Speaking of… we are planning a weekend of Halfway House mischief and mayhem in June 2012… in CHICAGO! I’ll be getting back to the plans at hand soon, so watch for more details and make plans to join us!

MARIELLE~~ How are you feeling today, Hon? Better, I hope! Your BF is right! Stay in bed and allow your body plenty of time to recover. Awww!! I missed you, too! On the HH Con… I will try and find some time soon to repost all of the details and info for everyone. I want to give everybody all the info before I ask for the final head count. Yay!! I am so glad you and your sweetie are going to spend some time exploring Chicago!

SUSIE~~ Grrrr!!! I can’t believe someone thieved Sonny Boy’s bike! I hate that hubs lost his bag in the deal, too! Are Y’all planning on replacing the bike? They don’t allow the students to have their cars on campus there, do they?

JACLYN~~ 99 days to go!! Whoa!! Time is passing so fast! I know it probably doesn’t seem like it to you. Awww!!! Thanks, Sweetie! I missed you, too! I have been forever changed by the experience of the last 40 days. I plan on trying to put it into words for Y’all tomorrow. It’s good to be back, though! I love you people so much!

RAINE~~ My church did a 40 day fast to get closer to God and pray for some direction for where God wants us to be in 2012. Some of our people gave up meat entirely for the 40 days. Some gave up sweets. Most of them approached it from a food standpoint. However, I knew that food wasn’t keeping me from growing in my walk with God. So, I chose the social media route. It was definitely a positive experience. LOL! The sugar crumbs sound delicious! I am still eating the caramel icing and ice cream! I’m going to go into a sugar coma before long!

DESIREE~~ Hey there!! Glad you stopped by to say hello!

Well, I think that’s everybody since my last post. I hope I haven’t missed anyone! I’m off to do some Mingling and Fishing (I’ve recently joined Plenty of Fish – another dating site). I’ll be back tomorrow in between laundry and taking Christmas decorations down. I sooooo dread that! Why is it so much easier to put them out than to put them away?
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Tonise - yes, he quite enjoyed himself. He was a bit shy of the other kids (and there were plenty) but he loves the whales that squirt water! I'm glad your baby is feeling better. Yes, it's a pain taking Christmas decorations down, isn't it? I hate that job. Enjoy your fishing! ;)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

More on my day in a moment.

Songbird and Jaclyn: Even if me and that girl hit if off now, I'd still estimate that it would be a while before anything serious would happen. Of course, you can't really say that we "hit it off"--we've been friends from school, and we've known each other for about 15 years. However, she's been busy with work and her past BF's, and we haven't even directly written to each other on Facebook for over 2 years. So if we're gonna get anywhere, we're gonna have to establish lines of communication. At least she lives in the same state I do, but she lives about an hour away, and I'm not sure how that would work out, that's a long term thing.

I do believe that if we're gonna get anywhere, I do have to talk to her more, and that's where "being there for her" comes in. She probably knows that I'm there to listen to her and such, but we do have to talk more to get anywhere, and even being there to be an ear for her can help.

I sort of feel sorry for her, because she's the same age as I am, and where as I'm 25 and a virgin who's never been romantically involved with another woman, she's had so many BFs and it's a bit heart breaking to me that she's never been able to find the right one, and she's been dating since high school.

Speaking of talking, I might even go as far, just to make some new friends, tried to ask one of my mom's coworkers/friends about if she help me out on that, asking her if she has some friends or relatives about my age (18-26 or so). It didn't work out tonight--my friend was shopping, so she advised me to try again tomorrow night--but I hope that she can at least offer some advice. I guess that I'm sort of desperate for some companionship, trying something different, and having an excuse to do something with a friend or a potential GF. I do know, though, that this stuff takes time. But even doing things with someone and just hanging out is better than nothing.

As I said, this one girl does live about an hour away, and basically, my main long term goal is just to maybe spend some weekends with her or hang with her when she visits family here, or maybe find something closer to home. Just to let you know, I'm not out for sex--I don't really want kids of my own right now, for one, and I believe that relationships shouldn't have to revolve around that for another--but I just want someone who makes me feel important and that I can do the same for her.

Marielle: You may refer to the above, but I don't have major plans for if something like this pans out. Basically, I'd just like to spend the weekend with them or go out on dates when they're not working and just hang out. I'd want a low key-type of relationship--not deep like what Bella and Edward have, for example. I don't want to rush into marriage, love making, having a family, because I'm not really ready for that now, and I might not ever be ready for kids, at least for a long time.

Like with this one girl that just broke up with her BF--I'd just like to talk to her and try and make her feel better right now. If she takes an interest with me and wants to meet up with me, I'd rather go out for dinner and just talk, and maybe if thing progress from there, maybe spend some weekends with her or hang with her if she visits her family here. Or if something else comes up closer to home (who knows how any of this will work out), I'll try and take the same approach. I do want a relationship, but I also know that it's realistic that it might not work or will take time, though I hope that I either re-establish communications with this girl, or make some new friends on the other end.

Songbird and Lynne: Believe me, you don't want to watch Jersey Shore--it's a horrid show, and even Beavis and Butt-head make fun of it. Aside from B&B, I do have a low opinion on the crap on MTV to begin with. I just think that the show, the stereotypes, the stupid crap that they do, is just stuff that wouldn't entertain me at all.

Tonise: Well, I can't use the excuse of having a job to get out of this like I could a couple of years ago. And even then, I did a lot of it. However, this year, I just feel more exhausted than I did before. And that's even with it being warm enough to let the fire burn out at night to save wood. But someone has to do this stuff--after all, one of my brothers cuts the wood, and the other one's been a bit sick lately.

Everyone: I visited mom at work today, and I asked her about maybe, over the next few weeks, sneaking me about 10-15 dollars to help me buy something on eBay--an aircraft modeling magazine about the DH Hornet that has artwork and photos not found in the book I bought. I also, as mentioned, tried to get in touch with one of my friends about maybe asking her if she can help me out with some of this stuff that's been bothering me.

I've also started posting at this aircraft history forum, and I got a reply to a post by one of the guys who wrote that book I bought.

I'm gonna try and message a couple of friends soon, including that one girl, and then I'll watch some TV while splitting some wood (not very much, though--there's still a lot in the house), and when I get on the other laptop later, I'll try and look up a few things and make a return visit here.

We also have a new light in our kitchen, in so far as we changed a bad light bulb, but it emits this strange, neon pink/fluorescent purple light--kinda strange until you get used to it.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hello everyone!!!

How's your weekend going on. I was looking at this hot piece of gorgeousness last night and before I knew it, its 4am and I haven't even start watching the new episode of VD. I guess you all knew who won, I always choose Mr. Cullen above all else :D . Then, because I slept so late I woke up late as well 3pm with a very bad headache and stomach rebelling wildly at me. I really need to change my sleeping patterns during the weekends, it's really bad for my health.

Anyways, its my mom's birthday today, she just turned 63. She's back in our hometown though together with my dad. And big bro told me to call her immediately after I woke up because apparently she's been waiting for a phone call greetings from me since morning. So I phoned her and gave her greetings, asked how her birthday is going on. They're having a party with our neighbors back home. I told her we're having ice cream in honor of her birthday :lol: . It's my baby niece absolute favorite. It's also my eldest nephew's birthday today, he's officially 13 and he was quick to remind me from a text I received this morning that a viewing of BD part 1 is looming just around the corner :clap: . Well it would have to wait until February after I got my DVD.

Songbird - I hope your daughter get well really soon. I'm usually up really late specially during weekends and on Holidays. I'm addicted to the internet, as I like reading fanfictions online :D .

Lynne, Desiree and Sean - :wave:

Tonise - Your dessert sounds really yummy!!! I love sweets. Oh I'm glad Baby Bella is so much better now. The 40 day fasting sounds like a good tradition for your church. It's a nice way to get really closer to God and to have a clear way on how to start your New Year.

That's it. Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Laters.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~