Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by DarkMuse »

*sneaks in*

Hello. It's been a long time since I've been here. Figured I should maybe make an appearance. LOL. So...how's everyone doing? I hope the new year is starting off well for you all. I'm currently trying to get warm. It snowed for 2 days straight. Me no likey!

I missed the PCA's because of reasons, but I did get to see some pics of Rob & his new haircut. :shock: I don't think it looks bad, but it's not my most favorite style he's ever had. Like everyone said, it'll grow out soon enough. I love that he sat next to Betty White. That is so awesome. Oh to be a fly on one of their chairs. Lol.

According to this article, Lions Gate officially bought Summit for $412.5 million. Not only that, but they may make Twilight into a tv show. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean I love Twilight, but it wouldn't be the same without Rob, Kris, and the rest of the cast. How exactly would they make it into a tv show anyway? Would they just carry on from where BD Part 2 leaves off? Hmm.

Ashley - Please don't be mad that I changed my banner. I just felt like I needed a change. Also, if I had a decent job & a decent car I'd so drive over & pick you up for HH-Con. We coulda even been roomies so that the cost for the hotel room wouldn't be so much. (Unless you'd prefer having your own room, of course.) Ugh. Life sucks a bunch of eggs. Sorry!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm happy for Kristen if she does that new perfume thing. I wonder what it smells like? Guess I'll have to wait. Ok poofing out again.

*sneaks out again*
Last edited by DarkMuse on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi there, Kris. It's nice to meet you!

I've often wondered if someone would turn Twilight into a TV series. In all honesty, I think it would flop, especially since I don't think Rob or Kristen would do it. Would most of the fandom accept someone other than Rob in the role of Edward, especially so soon after the movies have come out? I think not.
DarkMuse
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Tornado - Hi! Sorry, I don't know you're name, but nice to meet you also. :D I honestly don't think it would work without Rob as Edward. Or Kristen as Bella even. Those 2 have become household names & I just don't see how they could do it without those two. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Happy Saturday everybody…

Oh my goodness I’m so excited about the HH-con and the Holiday we are planning before that… it will be so awesome…
The holiday convention was so useful… Our route idea has changed quite a bit, first we were planning on driving south from Toronto to the falls and south of lake Erie but everybody at the convention advised us to go north and stay in Canada for a while and visit the Algonquin national park and the first nation tribes at the north side of the lakes and than drive through St. Ignace south through Michigan and than by Holland (a small town) to Chicago. They say we have time enough to do that and I have been looking at it this morning… it look so nice..

But enough gushing, the important thing is that I’ll be there for the HH-con…

Tonise, I’m sorry but after calculating all the cost I really have to look for a cheaper hotel in Chicago, we really don’t want to pay more than 80/90 dollar per person for a private room, so I have been looking and there is one hotel that it with in a mile walking from the Marriot that is more doable for us…I’ll just have to walk there in the morning and go back at night.
I thought it would be warmer in the south of Alabama, I always imagine it a bit dry and sunny…

Songbird, uhm yes that is kind of a dutch tradition for weddings, we normally do it with streamers … but toilet paper is a bit more friendly way. I have been to Germany for a wedding, they don’t do those things but they have amazing traditions as well… like the woman of the brides side bake cakes and that’s served with the coffee… at the beginning and at midnight, after that the wedding just continues, also that the family of the bride and the groom go around with shots and serve shots to the guests…

Lynne, yeah Rob will probably walk into Clarkson’s snares at some point…

Jaclyn, I’ll keep it in mind…
I’m sorry about the photographer… I really hope he will be alright but I hope you get solved things before the wedding…

Tracy, I heard the rumors about Rob’s new role… I don’t know if I want it to be true, I don’t have anything with those kind of movies. Though I would love to see him in those long kgb coats you see in movies.

KRISTENER!!!! Hey girl, it’s nice to see you back in our original home… I really don’t like the idea of a twilight tv show… really NOT… but the idea of SM working along with them on the story after BD…
Oh and I love your banner…

I really have to go, I need to get food in my home…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hm, is it just me or is there something wrong with this forum?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Lynne. It seems that the threads are only accessible with mobiel phone ...with the computer it doesn't seem to work. Maybe they fixed it now...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Me nooooo likey this mobile phone thread business! I'll wait to do my mega post until after the sites been fixed or whatever. It turns out TruckDriverBrian was a no-go. He TEXTED around lunch time today to tell me that he had a friend who needed his help on his farm and that he might not make it back into town in time for our dinner date. I told him to let me know ASAP so that I could make alternate plans, and he said to just go ahead and make other plans. I texted back that I was not accustomed to not having plans on a Saturday night and that I had turned down another offer to keep my plans with him because I thought it rude to do otherwise. I told him that we were probably not a match after all, and that I'd pray that God blesses his search. So... another one down and another one down and another one bites the dust! LOL!
DarkMuse

Post by DarkMuse »

Did my return break the Lex? Me no likey this mobile site stuff. Eww. Hope it's back to normal soon, cause it's killing my eyes reading like this. Hope everyone is having a good day!

marielle Hiiiiiii! *tackle hug* I've missed being here. Thanks about my banner thingy. :) SM needs to finish..that one book..before doing anything else! Lol.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hooray! It's back!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Tonise: OTR is On the Road, a film that Kristen's been attached to for years and is cast in.

Everyone: I was talking with one of my friends about Kristen's perfume ad deal, and I think it's something low-key for her to do as she's not really working this year, but I also think that she has certain contract riders similar to her BD "no nudity" clause regarding what this brand can/can't do as far as using her sexuality to advertize their product.

We also talked about people being in an uproar about Rob's hair, and how it didn't badly effect his portrayal of Edward, and it seems that people are seeing Edward as if he was real, which he isn't. It's like how Kristen cut her hair for The Runaways before Eclipse filming. She said that the wig was crap, and we can say "yeah, but you could've taken the bonus money that Summit offered you to keep the "Bella" hair and wear a wig for TR". But it's method acting, and considering the budget for the Runaways, if they couldn't get Kristen's wig right or any of the other hair and makeup in Eclipse and stick to continuity in the other films, who's to say that a Joan Jett wig would look worse on Kristen than the Bella wig in Eclipse. Maybe that's why Slade was so secretive about on-set activities--that we'd call what we'd see crap :)

At least there's not currently an airworthy de Havilland Mosquito, which was used by the RAF as a heavy fighter/night fighter, intruder/attack fighter, long range light bomber and photo recon aircraft during WWII. This is the last airworthy example, filmed before it was destroyed in an airshow accident after an in-flight engine failure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZLnOlaFGac

I wonder how David would like one to be doing recon over the set, and then making a low pass to show the observer's disapproval?

But then again, I've heard little if any disproval over Kristen't SWATH hair, which I think is in part due to people knowing her better and that the SWATH do is more feminine, and people used to rip on Kristen for not looking "feminine". In '10 at various British Award shows, some even ripped on Kristen for not getting her nails done and wearing high-heeled sandals with her dresses. Well, I've seen worse on other H'wood actresses, so whine to them about not going to the nail salon, will you?!

Any more thoughts on the Summit/Lionsgate merger. Both companies are in bad financial shape, and while Lionsgate wants to cash in on the Twilight films, the current owners of Summit it seems want to take the cash and run, leaving them with padded pockets and very limited liability over the combine's debts depending on if they will continue to own stock or how much stock they'll own.

As for me, I'm gonna try and make some fried chicken and some mashed potatoes, and try out some sausage flavored pepper gravy. I'll be logging off fairly soon and retreating to the living room to read, eat dinner when I get it made, and watch some cooking shows. I have a few things to finish up on, so I'll leave it at this for now--I've ranted enough for the moment :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/