Rob's Halfway House - #9

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #9

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Happy Hump Day! And over the hump is BD2!!! Another from the UK premiere, but Caryn got most of them! 34 hours left for me until I see BD! (Didn’t mean to rhyme.)

Sibs, please inv ink potential spoilers for a bit longer … I’d like to stay in touch but not know too much!

Sadly, no snow the other day, most have been just a bit too warm in the mountains. We went for a walk around the block instead. It was about 65, and I wore sandals. Couldn’t watch the premiere live but checked out both Yahoo and MTV yesterday online – so glad they posted commercial-free – what a relief! Checked prices and decided to pick up the soundtrack on CD tomorrow at Target. It’s 14.99 at iTunes for only 2 bonus tracks and one video (that I can see on YouTube) … please. Might scoot out today. Depends on how antsy I get.

Caryn – You had me at the headline to the video. :swoon: Rob and babies … aww … that’s a keeper! My premiere accessories arrived yesterday – here they are. I wish I could have covered my jacket but my love exceeds my wallet. Oh, I loved loved loved your story about Rob and Kris telling the publicist to back off! Some people just need to hear it. That’s one of the most beautiful posters I’ve seen at these kinds of events, I’ll bet Rob was pleased to sign it! (PS – I’m Too Sexy OF COURSE! EDIT: by Right Said Fred, I remembered!)

Christina – I rewatched Rob on JK this am and saved it permanently – it’s on the DVR that came with our cable. I see more detail every time I see it. :lol:

Karena – hi! Hope you can post after you see BD – it’s going to be fun to hear from all these real fans!

Lulu – Are you seeing BD1 tomorrow midnight? You and me and Amy and Joyce all at once!!! Eeeeeee! Congratulations on getting back to the gym, I’m always trying to take time for that. So hard to set a regular schedule.

Marielle – Thanks for no spoilers in your great review! I hope the post-BD high is helping with the pain. So, it’s so good you’re going again – will that be close to the same time as my midnight show on Thursday/Friday? I don’t think Kris and Rob arrived at the LA premiere together (the screams would have broken the sound equipment). But if you watched the livestream you heard the screams when they did first connect on the black carpet. Public transport in the US is uneven, it depends on where you live. I lived in New York City for 2 years and didn’t bother owning a car, as I could choose from bus, subway, and train easily, and could walk to the grocer’s and Laundromat. Now, in Tucson, we have city buses, but they are not very convenient. We do have school buses for kids in public school! I live almost in the county, and we take the car everywhere, except for the kids to school.

Sean – Kris was absolutely gorgeous in LA, as Jackson said, a real movie star – she’s really coming into her own. With her hair dyed for SWatH, she was stunning – black, white, and indigo, really setting off those green eyes. I like how she and Rob coordinate without being matchy. See also UK pics! Yay for Kris’ enthusiastic method acting, even if she did hurt her ankle – she gives us such stunning performances! I’m sure that the insurance people give her heck, but she seems to remember what I sometimes find so hard – nobody but you can really stop you from doing what you want to do, like throwing your shoulder into your punches, and spending time with your fans. Yes, Danica was in LA, and Yahoo movies interviewed her – if it’s still up, they had the whole livestream available online yesterday, including the interview. She was lovely. I think Kris outshone everybody, including Danica, but then, sexy is literally Kris’ work, while it’s merely a bonus for Danica. But after the UK pix, I gotta ask which you prefer – the slit or the plunge?

Susie – That’s ok, you can keep the snow! I grew up in Tucson and used to love the rain and be sick of the sun – until I spent 6 years in NY and CT, and one in OH, which really did it for me. After 11 years back in Tucson I’m still not sick of the sun. No, I wasn’t Phi Beta Kappa, I had too much fun my freshman year in college. (I did learn how to tackle a boy twice my weight.) I’m not on Facebook either, because of our work, hubby boy and I are paranoid about privacy, and they keep having privacy failures. I imagine I’ll get on underneath an alias this year. I would totally have friended everyone by now if I were on FB!

Tracy – I admire your ability to refrain from fanfic, especially before BD. I wish I could, but EP is really compulsive for me right now, I’m worried they’re going to break up any minute. (Just finished prom night.) I’ve thought about rereading BD, but I pretty much have it memorized now. I liked your story about skating with your son. I’m taking my brood roller skating tomorrow!

Everybody – eeeeeeeeeeee!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody!!!

I just got back from the second viewing!!!!
Yes I know I'm spoiled...but to be honest I'm even more confused about this movie....I actually liked it besides 3 scenes...

Caryn, please PM me about that one scene you are talking about, because I can't imagine one to be so wrong as the one from Eclipse...

I have to admit the first time I was completely swallowed by the story and how it was transfered on the screen, today I was more able to pay attention to the actors... and I can honestly say that Rob did a good job... but also (Caryn don't shoot me) that for the first time ever I could appreciate Jacob in this movie...Taylor did a really good job, it's clear how much he has grown the last few years...

Okay, I'm heading over to the spoiler thread to write down some more detailed thoughts...
I promise to do a good reply post tomorrow...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to avoid this thread until I've seen BD. I'm terrified of seeing something I don't want to see! I might pop in for a brief scan, but I won't post much until after I've seen BD and it's safe. Only 27 hours to go now!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Marielle I'm glad you finally appreciated Jake a bit :lol: All the stuff I had to hear from you about him the other two movies :lol: ;)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Paula... they had a Hunger Games teaser before the movie today, just 30 seconds...I can't honestly say if it was good if you have read the books but the trailer did look inviting..
(Yeah well, I'll never really like him but Taylor did do a great job with the annoying boy he had to protrait right)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Jaclyn & Brienna~ I think what kills me most is that I'm torn about it. A part of me, a big part if I'm honest, WANTED him to do that in the books, wanted him to call her out on the way she reacted, the way she manipulated everything. I always hated the way he reacted, but I also hated that he never really let her know how he felt. So, in a way, I totally agree with what happens. But only in my head. My heart and my purist side KNOWS that under no circumstances would Edward have done that, period. It just isn't him. He went out of his way, tolerated above and beyond anything he should have had to deal with to keep her calm and happy. So for them to portray him reacting that way... :banghead: :banghead: And, worse, I am absolutely positive that Rob owned that scene, those moments. He's talked all along about enjoying playing Edward's emotions finally, playing him with a little less control. But, still... it's as out of character as when, in Twilight he said, "it wouldn't be like drinking your blood, for instance." It's going to jar me and pull me out of the film completely.
Caryn - Perhaps Stephenie herself wishes that she had written him that way and saw her chance to change it for the movie. Remember that she was closely involved with the production and I assume she sanctioned a change like this. Maybe we should just let her make that change. Peace Out, Baby. Thanks for all the gorgeous London pics - Stunning is right!

I'll be back later......
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Can I just point out how really happy they both are looking now that they can walk the red carpet together!!!

My shipper heart is bursting with happiness when I see these pictures

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy Hump Day!
Sigh, they look so gorgeous and happy. Puts a big :D on my face!

Sorry ladies and gent, I spent too much time this afternoon making a detailed review of BD1 that I don't have the time to do a long post today. I'm still overwhelmed by the movie. Will see what I can do tomorrow. I will say that I absolutely freaking loved BD! Except for one scene, you'll know which one I'm talking about once you see it. (I think Caryn is talking about the same one...) I think/hope you guys will be pleased with it as well. I won't spoil it any further, though. I really want to see it again soon, but I'm not sure when that will happen. (You won't happen to be in The Haque tomorrow, right Marielle. I have to go to the American Bookstore. ;) )

Paula and Marielle - I'm so glad you girls had fun and that you could see it together! I hope you don't have any pain today, Paula.

Caryn - Prepare yourself properly. Remember the SusieTherapyTM. If there are small children or other throwable objects in your near surroundings, relocate to another seat. ;) It will be ok, just breath. If nothing else works, think about the lovely Isle Esmee scenes you'll have seen. Just temporarily close your eyes and ears and try to enjoy the rest of the movie. Really it gets better, way way better.
BTW, I know the song reference! I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred. Yay me! Do I get bonus points now? ;) :lol: Perfect song for Rob!

PS: Anyone know if and where I can watch the best parts of both the red carpets? I feel like I'm never going to catch up on everything, but I desperately want to see something. Thanks for all the pics. They all look stunning! I've seen Access Hollywood with Kristen in LA (thanks Sean for that one), but any other stuff I should be looking for? Was Josh from MTV there? Links would be highly appreciated.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Happy UK Premiere/ Hump Day!!!!

Fly-By Post:

Thanks to this wonderful but busy week I now have 8 pages to catch up on! I will never get there if I try to do a mega-post, so I'm just going to stop in and say thanks for all the links to the pics and interviews that peak your interest- it helps me sort through the bajillion out there.

Also, I am completely freaking out right now and you guys/glas are the only ones who will understand!! I came clean about my fanfiction writing to my family about two weeks ago. Mom was happy I was writing again, but reserved. Baby Sister was ecstatic and is currently starting What Drives Her!! And me? Well, I AM FREAKING OUT!! Hold my hand... please?? I am soooo nervous to hear my sister's feedback as I may have named a mechanic or two after her husband and his friends. :? (In fact, I'm expecting a text message from her any moment now. LOL!)

Anyway... Only 27 more hours until Christina and I see Breaking Dawn together, so... :yahoo: :yahoo: I can't wait!!!!

I'll try to pop in again a bit later! -Ginnie

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I've seen the stuff in the spoiler's thread and the stuff at Robstenation about the UK premiere, and I'm happy. However, aside from gushing about Kristen at the premieres and the thoughts that Marielle's comments in the spoilers thread have implanted in my brain, and watching Nadia G's B****in' Kitchen, I don't have much else on to watch, aside from Ancient Aliens (more on that in a moment), so I'll be on the PS2 and lexin' most of the night.

Anyone see how Rob and Taylor have helped Kristen along at the premiere from wearing heels (which, as SOP, came off ASAP) because of her hurt ankle? Adorable.

At least tomorrow night I have more to watch with Beavis and Butthead, and Kristen's on Conan! :)

This Kristen & Rob and Bella & Edward stuff just put me in the mood to listen to some '70's disco, like some Alec Costandinos stuff, like the "I Found Love (When I Found You)" and "Romeo and Juliet" things I linked in an earlier post--the instrumental part in "I Found Love" really reminded me of the photos and stuff of the Rio scene that we've all probably seen.

And on the alien stuff, or at least a connection to it, Kristen (and Rob previously) is linked to a live action remake of the anime "Akira". I do have to say that such things don't work--both movies derived from the manga/anime "Bio-Booster Armor Guyver" were crap and the cartoons were much better adaptions of the manga. Anything that H'wood touches that's derived from Japanese anime and manga turns to a pile of crap it seems. I also saw Akira, and I can care less for it, but that was years ago. I don't know if anyone here is into manga or anime (I'm not as huge a fan of it as my brothers are, but there are some interesting stories out there), so I doubt any of you know what I'm talking about, and perhaps it's just as well. I sort of hope that Kristen doesn't go for it--the girl needs a break anyways, and Kristen herself doesn't strike me as an anime type person.

Oddly enough, Kristen (and her portray of Bella) inspired a fan fic character who's a manga and anime fanatic (and is also a big Twilight fan, too, so don't despair).

Anyways, I think that these people who willingly screw up film adaptations of anything for no good reason should have a brief meeting with this friggin' guy. I'd send Baz Luhrmann to him for making that atrocity "William Shaksphere's Romeo + Juliet"--I'm with Bella and Edward, and maybe Kristen and Rob, and I'd take the 1968 Franco Zeffirelli adaption. Hell, I'd take the Alec Costandinos song over that damn, hideous, 1996 MTV generation oriented pile of horsecrap. And yes, Caryn, we can send Rob's PR woman to him, too :)

Man, I'm really on a roll today. :)

As I said, I pretty much have my night mostly planned out now, and I guess I'm gonna have to take it easy or suffer Robsten overload, not that that's a bad thing :)

I'll be back later :)

PS: Tons of UK premiere photos, some BD BTS photos, and, and some EW photos from their BD issue at Robstenation if you wanna take a peek :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/