Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by GrayceM »

I know I've been gone too long again when I have to look back through over 10 pages to find my last post to remember what I told ya'll about...
Things are getting busier at work, the boys seem to be getting bigger teenage attitudes and trying to get all my appointments (doctor, dentist, eye doctor, chiropractor) done all at once it seems. I've had three appts this week alone so no time to do anything at work except...well, work.
I got my new Android and am still figuring it out. I've been using the voice text while I'm driving and I must really have a Southern drawl, because the thing can't understand half of what I say. I'm trying to text the husband to say I've stopped at Petco, and it kept typing "his six toes". Then yesterday I sent my sister a message to see if she wanted to go to the movies to see SWaTH and it typed, "we're going to the movies to see he saw the light". I got into a funeral procession on the interstate and when I ask the husband if it was bad luck to pass a hearse, it typed "bad luck to pacifier on the interstate". So I'm going to have to do a little more personalization on it before I have it mastered. Overall, it's a great tool and I even have a few Twilight apps :clap:

Songbird - Hmmm...I can imagine getting corn starch and corn flour mixed up. That would probably be pretty comical, actually. A friend of mine made a cake for a gathering his family was having...having no idea how to bake anything, his mom left him detailed instructions. Unfortunately, they weren't detailed enough. This part: "You know the cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean." Luckily, he got the piece with the toothpick in it so the guests didn't even know. He told me later that he must have watched the whole time it was in the oven waiting for the toothpick to pop out...thought he must have done something wrong because after the bake time was up and the toothpick still hadn't popped out, he took it out of the oven anyway... :lol:
There's a mixture of things on my list so far. One of the top ones was to create something that may mean something to the people I care about, would be passed down to someone and would be around after I'm gone, and that started with the minis. I also would really like to go on a cruise and travel more. We did a lot of travel vacations when I was a kid, but I'd like to revisit some of those as well as find some new ones. I have my own dog now so that's one less thing. I've had pets but Reese is the first one that I've had to train and take care of almost completely myself. I take care of the others too, but he picked me. And it's life changing to experience the love of a dog.
Is it weird that I want to see BD2 before I leave this world?
I'd like to have one of my photos published somewhere...not a picture of me, but one that I've taken. A nature picture probably. I've got quite a few of my favorite ones on FB.
I've always thought I'd like to write...but I'm not sure there's a story I need to tell anymore. That was a more pressing need when I was younger. Seems my priorities have changed since I've gotten older.
Your description of the musician's English sounds like my phone voice text. Doesn't make sense and is sometimes wonderfully humorous.

Lynne - Yes, I'm Beth! :wave: I've enjoyed your site a lot. Congratulations on the contract!!! I hope to get to read that book soon... Your fanfic was great. I almost forgot it wasn't SM writing it. Just wonderful talent. You tell your publisher that you have a big fan in the States...at least one if not more :)
Can't wait to read the next fanfiction. I'm thinking it's what happened with Jacob after Bella takes off to Italy?

Sean - I had great skin/complexion until I hit about 25. I never had acne, maybe a bump or two here and there every once in a while. Now I get them on a regular basis. Not as bad as it was previously, but I tend to take better care now that I'm older. Supposedly, drinking water helps with all that...which I suppose is true since it will flush toxins out of your system.
We're headed to the movies Sunday to see SWaTH so I'll get a post to you with my review after. But I won't spoil anything.

Suzan - I've heard that the TV show was different. I read some on Wikipedia about the show and one big difference is that the books had Elena with a 4 yr old sister. From what I understand, the show has her with a teenage brother. They changed her aunts name as well. I've been considering getting the 1st season DVD from Amazon... I'm on the 4th book so I may wait until I'm through.

Susie - I liked your explanation of the "F" word deal. I was a little shocked at that language too. Somehow, watching some people use that language makes them a little less attractive. I have similar thoughts about being a "lady" and being open minded. I've always thought that an intelligent person can find ways to express themselves exactly as needed without using that language, but then again, there are times when "gosh", "darn", and "poop" just do not cut it. I've heard some alternatives though that are pretty good. "SHUT THE F....RONT DOOR!". "SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT". "That's nice", which is Southern for "F-U" and the old standby, "Bless your heart" which is Southern for, "you're a complete idiot but I understand you can't help it." Of course, that last can have a few meanings...
I've found that if you start using that kind of language, it's very difficult to stop and will end up with you doing it without noticing. I've also noticed more curse words being used on regular television which I'm still shocked by.
My mother corrected me on language as well. I also had a couple of teachers who really enforced grammar. I have this bad habit of correcting people I play on the games with. Someone will ask, "Where are you at?" to which I always reply, "Behind the preposition you left dangling at the end of that sentence." Occasionally a few of them even understand it. My sister of course, always changes it to..."Okay, where are you at, witch?" except not with the "w".
I have "The Vow" on my Saturday chick flick list. Those days when the guys are outside working all day and I need something for me. I've heard it's better than the book. I've also thought the same about Channing Tatum. He just seems to be one of the "good guys". And having that personality with the looks makes him even hotter. I think that's why I like Josh Hutcherson. He's seems to be genuinely sweet and good natured which makes him cuter.

Tracy - I haven't heard anything bad about the Avengers. Everything I've heard was that it was great and very fun. Sadly, I didn't have as much time as I would have liked at the mini store. I found a few things I've been searching for...a mirror to use on the dresser I'm making now, some nails, a vanity set. It's plastic, but I can paint it gold/silver and you can't tell. But the woman that owns it is handicapped and I got the impression, not many people hang around. She talked a lot while I was in there and all I wanted to do was shop. When you're in a small store though that's difficult to do. I do a lot of my shopping online anyway though so to go into a store and hand pick merchandise is sort of rare for me anyway.
I drive about 32 miles to work so it's not quite as far. My Honda gets pretty good mileage but I know it's not going to get much better. Today: $3.39. Thinking about paying $10 for a full tank of diesel fuel makes me miss the "old days" though. With my car holding 11 gallons, what would have been $12 at most, is now around $35.00. We're starting to combine a few of the trips we've had planned this summer since things are getting tighter. Our next trip was supposed to be to Arkansas, but I think we'll end up back in Kentucky.

Marielle - Sadly, I think the petroleum companies have us at a loss to be able to do anything about it. We have to have it to get to work, but you seriously start to rethink your priorities when half your pay goes towards getting to work. Makes me wonder at times if it wouldn't be easier to have a job closer to home. But then I know I'd find something else to spend the money on...

I may have missed it but did anyone mention what type of movie Viggo and Rob may be in together? It would be interesting...
I'm not sure why any of them should have the opinion of a handsome actor not being a good actor. Brad Pitt should have taught them that lesson long ago...to go from, "Thelma and Louise" where it was strictly about looks to "Legends of the Fall"... That's the kind of movie I want to see Rob in. Something like what Kris is doing with SWaTH that would be good for a family movie, epic, strong characters and other big name casts.

Caryn - That's an odd image of Rob walking out to a silent room...how long did the silence last? I'm sure that would have made him nervous. It seems like that would be similar to a comedian not getting a single laugh at a joke...disconcerting at the least.

Guess I should get to bed. It's 1:30am here and I'm not really sleepy. Lots to do this weekend if I hope to stay caught up on laundry. We're going to a local car show tomorrow evening. The husband just got the car of his dreams...1962 Ford Galaxie 500. White w/red interior, very good condition and he's in love. He's a car guy...what can I say.
So tomorrow it's the car show and Sunday going to the movies. I can't wait!
I'll really try to be on here a little more. Since I have my phone maybe I can figure out a way to post from work. If I could get Photobucket to actually show me some pictures, I'd post a Robshot for you...something going on with the laptop. I'll have the husband look at it tomorrow.
Night ya'll!
Grayce
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hi siblings! Finally caught up – I skimmed through the Cannes section as I had kept up with that on FB mostly. Good times, and wonderful for Rob and Kris that they BOTH got standing o’s. What a trip for them to live and us to watch! The negativity is discouraging, much as I try to insulate myself from it, not just the negativity from papz but I’m hearing fans were actually upset that Rob had stopped smoking. WTH? I just don’t understand … some “fans” seem to treat Rob and Kris like they are cardboard cutouts, not people … very confusing.

Work is more under control. Some people have been confused about my work issue and job interview … currently I am in private practice working with several different agencies, approximately a FT schedule but no guarantees. The interview I had was for a FT salaried position where it would be the only thing I would be doing. I waffle about whether or not I should hold out for it, but right now I’m thinking I should keep trying for it. It would be very helpful to the family for me to have a stable work schedule and income.

Hubs and I have discontinued dance lessons as being too hard to get to. The last two weeks we have gone to a country bar where they have dancing … and hubs can’t seem to get up the nerve to dance. We’ll keep trying, though. We are walking 3 times a week together, 2 miles twice a week, and 4 miles once a week.

So excited for HHCon. I have constant daydreams now about Rob and Kris showing up to hang out. Yes, I know there’s no way, although it’s not completely impossible … no, no way, and I should probably just relax and enjoy them. Think I’ll work on that.

Ashley – Hey girl! Congrats on your quick progress through your CNA course! Great that you’ve planned things to start earning now. I feel the same way about OUaT, like “what now?” It might limp a little, before hitting a good stride.

Caryn – I love, love your comment that the critics are the ones who are convinced that Rob is perpetually a 17 year old vampire.

Desiree – My son plays trombone currently, and is looking to add on guitar this summer. Should be interesting! I thought it was funny that your friend thought spellcheckers would make spelling obsolete. I hope she does not really on them currently, as they are pretty bad. English is too funky a language, with too many atypical words.

Em – I hope that you are feeling better. But if you have a low day, here are some pictures to cheer you up. (I hope you make it to the end - then you can collapse from the awesomeness.)

Lynne – I’m glad you are finding some fanfic that you enjoy! It sounds as though editing is really stressful right now. Remember what others have said, that it is your story and you need to do what you feel is right. Some of those commonalities are kind of “duh” moments. Of course she falls in love with the rich cute popular boy! Of course she is a bit of a loner … otherwise it would be a dull story. On the other hand, look at how Twilight could be benefited from a little more copy editing. Good luck!

Marielle – You’re right, I definitely need to learn the NO word. It’s not an overtime issue, more of a time management issue. When she asks me to do something I have to decide if I have the time, and I always underestimate how long things take. And once I take on a big project, I can’t stop, because it’s a patient.

Sean – It’s great that you are that much closer to settling into your new job. My take on Kris’s Cannes style: her nails look to me like a classic “French” manicure, that is, naked nails with a clearish topcoat and white tips. In this case the clearish topcoat appears appealingly shimmery. Her feet look perfectly normal to me, in proportion with her hands and body. Her toes are a bit round, but you can’t really help the feet you were born with – some are rounder, and some are slender. She may very well be wearing red for the reasons you suggest, but also, red looks awesome on brunettes.

Susie – Congratulations to Daughter Dear, that is wonderful news and a big honor to her! I loved your dissertation on the F-word and largely agree with you. I used to cuss up a storm, and only stopped when my son was born … I can’t swear at work and not at home, I just don’t work that way.

Suzan – I’m so sorry about your official exam results. I hope you can arrange to retake it. I know how you feel … I failed half of my master’s exams when I first took them, and had to study and re-take. Really embarrassing. But completely possible to get past it.

Tonise – Your first date with Detective Scott sounded great! And the second! Talking so long seems like a good sign. I imagine any woman might seem high maintenance after 2 boys. It may seem strange when he doesn’t call promptly or can’t commit too far in advance, but would you really want a single dad who didn’t make his kids his first priority? So funny that he fell asleep during SwatH, I keep falling asleep during movies I really want to see too, just tired! Thanks for all the hard work you are doing on HHCon. If you PM’d me, I didn’t get it … I’m pretty sure that my Lex PM is not working right.

Tracy – I love your “hugs” picture from Cosmopolis! Too funny. I noticed Edward’s peacoat in the BD2 poster too, and was so happy. I like Bella’s poster and I’m fine with Jacob’s … I don’t like the way Edward’s turned out somehow, despite loving the coat. Well, I’ll wait for the movie!

Hello to Amy, Christina, Grayce, Lulu, and anybody who I’ve missed!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hello All,
Not going to lie, I haven't had a chance to read anything here for the past few weeks. Work has been a nightmare, hubs went out on workcomp for a week so I had a house to run. Kids are having a birthday party together and hubs and I just had our 10th year anniversary. I will try to read and catch up (try being the word). Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's raining cats and dogs here. Very unusual for this time of year. And it's supposed to hang around tomorrow too. The dog is NOT happy. He's also bringing muddy paws inside! Ew!

Grayce - No, my fanfiction is all about how those four words affect Edward when he hears them, although I've had to put it on the backburner while I edit my novel. You are awfully busy, aren't you? Forgive my ignorance, but what's an android? Some kind of GPS?

Brenda - thanks for that encouragement. I thought that myself when this woman pointed that out. I was saying, "What story doesn't have the loner (whether male or female) get the popular good-looking person?" But I'm doing my best to play down as many similarities as possible. Have some fans really been saying that they're angry that Rob and Kristen have quit smoking? I've only seen positive reactions so far. That's ridiculous. Would they rather that they died of lung cancer about 50 or so? I guess some people don't think that far ahead.

Hi Amy!
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

Lynne - it's my new smart phone Droid RAZR. - so far it's smarter than me...
I think the effect on Edward would be better reading than the dog's story too...haven't thought about that part. Thinking that Edward's head would be a difficult place to be at that part.
We're at a car show right now. Be back on later.

Grayce
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Beth: Thanks, and I'm not afraid of spoilers--I hope that when I get to see SWATH that it lives up to my expectations. I was talking to a friend about it and she said that she liked it, but was a bit disappointed to, because Universal marketed it as an action film. I never thought of it that way, but I haven't seen it yet, either.

Brenda: Thanks for answering my fashion questions about Kristen. Of course, her hair color has been a topic of debate (blonde or brunette in real life?), so I'd like to know if Kristen's hair color is real or is it a dye job. I do remember that her hair used to be lighter but it probably got darker as she got older, too.

As for Kristen's feet, I'm not complaining :) Her toes do seem to be kinda plump, but they also seem to be a bit long, too. Nothing wrong with that, and her nails are very healthy, too, to pull off that look--I know that some people ripped on her for wearing sandals without nail polish or a ped for some award shows, but until recently Kristen wasn't really the type of girl for getting her nails done, but I think that she's taken a liking to getting her nails and hair done. Maybe it was also how the sandals contorted Kristen's feet--I'll bet you that she was glad to get them off, and why she's a sneakers and flip-flops girl--heels aren't designed for the contours and shape of a woman's foot, that's for sure. At least when she strips off the heels she's got something pleasant to look at--your mileage may vary, but I think every inch of Kristen is insanely beautiful, and they're certainly not ugly. And that's her inner tomboy still beating in her heart, too. At least we can't say that Kristen has turned her back on that. Also, if you want more thoughts on how I think about Kristen and her fashion changes, you can PM me and I'll be glad to send you a message :)

Everyone: I'll be following the Le Mans test day tomorrow and waiting for more Kristen photos from the MTVMAs, which I won't be watching, BTW. As for the rest of tonight, I won't be up too much. Mostly watching some cooking shows, some stuff on National Geographic and doing a little thing on GT4, too.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hello everybody...

I'm sorry I've been MIA this weekend but I was so busy!!!!
I'm too hungover from the party last night to make any kind of post...

See you all tomorrow
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Kinda a quick post for now.

Audi got 1-2-3-6 at the Le Mans test day, while Toyota got 4-5 and the fastest speeds in the speed trap. Now I'm waiting to see what Kristen wears tonight at the MTVMAs. I won't be watching, but I'll look up photos later.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

SWatH was sooo good!
Kris is so beautiful...and Chris and Sam well...they're easy on the eyes too. Post more later. ))

Grayce
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Siblings!! Just a drive-by tonight! I am a bit frustrated with the planning of my beach trip for July because it appears as if my beach buddies are no where near as agreeable as my HH Sisters when it comes to trip planning! :banghead:
Anyhooo... We have just about got the kinks with the roomie situation worked out for the HH CON and I am working on a food/drink list for everyone to look over. I should have these items crossed off the list within the next couple of days and we can spend the rest of the time finalizing our entertainment itinerary! Wooooohooooo!! Getting sooooo excited!! :clap: