Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!

Do you know that feeling, finally a good nights sleep and than waking up more tired than on after night of insomnia…I feel like I can sleep an other night…

Anyway, I spend my whole afternoon yesterday reading fanfic, I found a really good HP/LoTR crossover…I’m normally not such a big fan of crossovers but I got bored and went to look at some…

Ginnie, I’m sorry your life is still in the crash zone…your life’s philosophy is a good one but I find it a bit wrong for me. I always thought it should say ‘what doesn’t kill you, makes you more you’… every bad and good thing moulds your soul and makes you become (in general) a better version of yourself. It makes you become who you should be and that is why you end up feeling stronger.
You have been in the back of my mind all the time, I regularly wondered if you solved your problems…

Sean, we can asked the same thing about Kristen, we always wondered how it come she doesn’t faint when Rob throws the full force of his eyes at her. Maybe it’s genetic, beautiful stunning people can deal with beautiful stunning people better than us mere mortals…

Songbird, no I don’t have a minimum training schedule. That is because of my illness I can’t always do everything I want. On the days I feel bad I have to slow it down… so on the days I feel good I do extra.
I buy many of my books at Bol.com as well, it’s the only supplier who usually has what I’m looking for but here in The Hague we had an American Bookstore, it’s like my little slice of heaven, I love browsing through all the books to search for something good. Because that books store has a massive fantasy stock it can be overwhelming at time and I regularly end up with 3 or 4 books…

Lynne, I saw on fb that work is picking up… I’m really happy for you. maybe your prayers are working.

Caryn, I’m sorry your throat has issues, I hope you’ll feel better soon…
I love that Kelly Osborne makes a statement with her hair and normally I really love it but this color the purplish grey, I don’t know it’s just not to my taste I guess.

Susie, I always love redecorating rooms, though I don’t get much chance in my own house. I used to do it a lot with my bedroom in my family’s house. But it sure gives a mess…
I’m sure your knee will be fine soon. Take a bit of time to pamper yourself.

Have a happy HUMP day!!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

I'm falling asleep... I wanted to catch up though, and I had a great time reading your posts. I'll be back later to really respond. For now:
Sean: have you tried deletin the application you're having trouble with and re-installing it? If it began with the reformatting it seems the installation may have been bad.
Brenda: I'm working in Chicago too! I saw tix at SWA for $212 a few days ago. I was wondering if you'd already planned your flights. Looks like no! Would you be interested in maybe seeing if we can match one or both flights together?
Tonise: I don't know if I ever officially conformed my attendance in Chicago... I'm a yes, I just need to book the flight which I'm planning on doing within the next couple weeks. How much will the hotel cost again?
Ginnie: I'm feeling for you. So sorry. I just heard something the other day, "tough times don't last but tough people do." sounds to me like you're one tough cookie. Also, I had a thought while reading your post when you said something about feeling strong/capable when things are crazy...I know God is there for us during those times and is helping, even when it seems we're alone. I'm wishing you the best during this hard time for you.
Susie: I remember the tangelos! That was fun. I loved having you come visit as well.
Tracy: I love hearing from you! I'm so loopy right now I can't remember what I was going to say to you! So 'hello' for now.
Caryn: I loved your last line of advice, perfect! You'd hate Hyd. Lev. 5. Intensely angsty. TBATC is angsty too. I remember thinking, how is this author going to be able to make this Edward attractive to the audience? It was interesting. I believe it worked out.

Ok friends, I had to respond by memory because im on my phone, in bed and it's 1:30am... Sorry if I missed you or if something doesn't make sense.

Goodnight!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning all. Just wanted to let you know I'm doing okay. Unfortunately, as Susie hoped I wouuldnt, the creeping crud that goes along with laryngitis has hit full force. Stuffy head, coughing, body aches and all that. I have to be at work today, but thankfully, a friend is doing my training so I can sit back and rest a bit. I'll check in later when I can post freely.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Don't know if any of you have seen it on my fb page but I seriously got the living daylights scared out of me this afternoon.
On the news there was an item about a Dutch merchant vessel being hijacked by pirates at the coast of Nigeria. The captain and one other officer got captured for ransom.
Just last Saturday I spoke to my dad whom told me he too was sailing to Nigeria and that one vessel a few days before got hijacked by pirates, there the captain and 2nd officer got killed so he was really nervous.
When I heard the news I freaked out and search the internet for details, after 10 minutes of panic I found out that it was a vessel sailing under an other flag than my dad's and that the captain captured was Russian... you can't believed how relieved I was but my dad still has to sail back through that area.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

No Audi R18 news yet, but I have something even better: some Kristen news. This morning she boarded a flight to France and she arrived safely. There are some pap photos at Robstenation and elsewhere, so view at your own risk, but I have to note that it's probably for Fashion week--Balenglacia has a show tomorrow morning. Kristen was wearing a jacket, one of Rob's shirts, maybe, jeans and Converses. And she's even doing something a little different--she's wearing bright red nail polish. I've never seen her do that before. And her hair looks like Bella's in BD if you want to know.

Strange that Kristen would choose to arrive in Paris within hours of the Audi R18 hybrid unveiling and that she signed on to Balenglacia within weeks or Peugeot withdrawing from sportscar racing. All the more ironic because Peugeot is based in Paris, and Kristen road a Peugeot made bicycle in Speak.

Also, OTR's film posters and some preview photos have been posted at Robstenation, too.

Also, for those of you on Facebook, Jennifer/SwanCullen has been in an area under off and on tornado warnings. I wish her the best, obviously, and keep her in your thoughts until she posts on Facebook that she's fine. Here, we had rain and lightning this morning, and our creek flooded almost up to it's banks, but no major damage, and the sun was even shining a bit ago, and it's over 60 degrees outside.

Audi R18 update: Audi just revealed their new Le Mans cars--two of them will be dubbed the Audi R18 E-tron quattro and will apparently use the electric motors to drive the front wheels and the diesel engine the rear wheels. The other (non-hybrid) car seems to simply be named the Audi R18 TDI or maybe the Audi R18 TDI Ultra.

Photos and info here: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/ ... 7527.shtml

I'll post more later on.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning everyone!

My publisher has started reading my book again. I'm freaking out a little bit, especially as she had me check that she had the right version this time, because she couldn't see too much difference between the version she had and this one. Huh! It's only 40,000 words shorter!

Also, she'd given me another novel to edit, and I sent it back to her, complete with comments. I thought that she'd go through the comments, as she usually did, before sending them onto the author, and I was quite annoyed with the book at some stages and showed it very clearly. And she sent it all to the author without any editing of the comments! Great! Now he's incredibly offended. Fortunately, he doesn't know who did it, although he may guess, since he knows I work for her.

marielle - that's scary about your dad! I'll be praying that he makes it through safely.

Caryn - Wow, it has hit you hard, hasn't it? Hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

Well, my son wants to play, so I'd better go.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~

Lynne~ I'm sure you're nervous about what your publisher will think of your book, but at least you'll finally hear some news one way or the other....sometimes the waiting can be the hardest part. Sending postive vibes your way for good news. ;) I wouldn't worry too much about what the other author thinks of your reviews of his book. Obviously your boss (publisher) trusts you and values your insight to the extent that she didn't feel the need to read through your comments, first. You're so lucky that you have a Bel Ami release date of May 24th! :swoon:

Ginnie~ Please know that you and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. We're always here with a listening ear, a shoulder to lean on, and when all else fails..... a little Robcrack for distraction. 8-) I hope your first counseling session was beneficial and helps you find some peace. Will you consider going to additional counseling? I love your new banner and avatar and think they suit you perfectly.

Sean~ I don't think I've ever seen Kristen wear red nail polish either....it's usually black if she wears any at all, right? I've always wondered if Kristen's ears are pierced, because I don't recall seeing her wear earrings when she's been all glammed up for the past movie premieres. Her make-up, hair, and dresses have been stunning enough that she didn't really need the extra adornment of jewelry anyway. I hope you're safe from flooding in your area, and that your sinus headache is better today.

Songbird~ My husband also read The Hunger Games series and liked them, and seems interested in watching the movie with me. He's a disciplined reader and reads a chapter or two of his chosen book before bed each night; whereas I become completely engrossed in most books, and stay up all hours of the night reading. :read: I'm sorry you're having to share a bike and deal with the inconvenience of not having a car right now, especially when you have kids who may need to be transported places frequently. I hope you're able to schedule an appointment with the doctor regarding your daughter's eye, and I can't believe the school or doctor's office couldn't fax the referral and other information. Your children are four and five--close together in age like mine. I think that makes it a little easier as they'll probably be interested and involved in some of the same kinds of things, especially as they grow older. But I completely agree with you that it's nice not to overschedule our children's activities. We sometimes forget that our children just need time to be, and time to play. I, too have always wanted to own a standing mixer, and should I ever win lotto....I'll purchase one for each of us. :D

Marielle~ I'm glad to hear that your Dad is safe and can't imagine how relieved you must have been to learn the hijacked vessel was not his. When will he be sailing back through those dangerous waters again, and do you have any way of contacting him or keeping in touch with him when he's at sea? Returning to the gym for quite a workout--you go, girl! I bought a new yoga video I'm kind of excited about trying, but of course it doesn't do me much good when it's still sitting on the playroom table, unopened. :roll: I agree with you about not being very fond of the lame greenhouse scene in Twilight. Robward's somewhat snarky "...you can Google it" line was probably the only worthwhile bit salvaged from that scene, in my humble opinion.
marielle wrote: we can ask the same thing about Kristen, we always wondered how come she doesn’t faint when Rob throws the full force of his eyes at her. Maybe it’s genetic, beautiful stunning people can deal with beautiful stunning people better than us mere mortals…
:D Loved this....it made me smile.

Christina~ That's so sweet that your Dad picked up "How to Be" for you, in a gas station of all places. Have you had a chance to watch it yet? I look forward to watching Breaking Dawn with Bill Condon's cmmentary but prefer to wait until I have a couple of hours uninterrupted time (without hubs or kids) to watch. You mentioned a bit about The Woman in Black....what did you think of Dan's performance, and was it strange watching him in something completely different from HP?

Caryn~ I'm sorry your laryngitis has developed into the full fledged cold, and I hope it doesn't turn out to be the flu. Will you be able to take a day off work after the trainings to rest and recuperate a bit?

Lulu~ Hello to you too! :D Hopefully you and Brenda can take the same flight to/from Chicago, as it would be more fun to travel with someone.

Susie~ The home improvement projects are necessary, but can be a pain, especially having to find a temporary home for all the stuff you have to move. On the upside....at least you slept better in spite of the inconvenience of being kicked out of your bedroom. ;) I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better about your recovery and recuperation, and hope you're able to continue with the pool therapy as I think it will be very beneficial. Just hang in there, and give things time to heal. It sounds like you're accomplishing quite a bit with the memoir writing.

Missp~ Hope all is well with you, and I'm glad you had a great trip to Gatlinburg with your sisters.
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

HH CON 2012 UPDATE
I have HUGE news for me, and hopefully awesome news for Y'all! This past weekend, I bought a time-share with the Holiday Inn Club Vacations. This allows me to travel anywhere in the US/World and stay in Holiday Inn/affiliates for a fraction of the prices one would pay at other hotels/resorts. Sooooo, I have found a Holiday Inn Club LUXURY hotel in Downtown Chicago on the Magnificent Mile just MINUTES from our original hotel. Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile has suites and double rooms and a STARBUCKS and 3 restaurants on site! The drawback is that there aren't full kitchens, so we'd have to eat out for most meals, BUT at the price you'd most likely pay for the room, you could definitely afford to eat out more. :D
Now... let me tell you the kicker. From what I understand and was told today by my owner rep, I can book these rooms for $59 a WEEK... not a day... a WEEK! Whether they be a suite or a double or a king... as long as I book them far enough in advance as to assure the rooms. But, I have to pay the down-payment on the time-share first in order to be able to start booking these hotels. So, this is what I'm proposing, and I need to know how you all feel about it. Each of you who plan on attending the HH Con would send me $100. This would TOTALLY cover your hotel for the ENTIRE 3 night and 4 day stay. YES... your total hotel bill would be $100!! But... I would need the money up front by the 20th of this month so that I can pay the down-payment AND reserve the rooms ASAP. So, how would Y'all feel about this?
MARIELLE~~Have you already paid for the room you booked in the other hotel, or did you just reserve with a credit card? You and honey-pie could get a king room for the same price! $100!
ANY OF YOU MAYBE's~~ Does this make things a little easier to say YES?
I need feedback ASAP! 8-)
lulu

Post by lulu »

Tonise, yes times a million! Do you do PayPal? That would be an easy way to receive payments. I think it's a marvelous idea.

Marielle, I'm so relieved your dad is safe. I can't believe there are pirates. I mean I knew that but it still sounds so surreal. Hopefully he can get out Of there quick.

Caryn, I'm really sorry you're so sick. I got sick too often this last winter and each time I was reminded I how much I take health for granted. It always surprises me how much a little bug can wipe you out and make you miserable. I'm sending you get well super soon vibes!

Lynne, such exciting news for you and your book! I'm sure she'll start noticing the differences soon. I would feel so awkward about the other author seeing your raw feedback! I hate that kind of thing. Sometimes blunt is helpful though. And he's a guy, they aren't emotional thinkers like us women. It's probably not as big a deal in his mind as in yours. We'll see I guess!

Ok I'm out of time! Going to play volleyball. That makes 3 times in 24 hours! I'm play

lulu

Post by lulu »

Tonise, yes times a million! Do you do PayPal? That would be an easy way to receive payments. I think it's a marvelous idea.

Marielle, I'm so relieved your dad is safe. I can't believe there are pirates. I mean I knew that but it still sounds so surreal. Hopefully he can get out Of there quick.

Caryn, I'm really sorry you're so sick. I got sick too often this last winter and each time I was reminded I how much I take health for granted. It always surprises me how much a little bug can wipe you out and make you miserable. I'm sending you get well super soon vibes!

Lynne, such exciting news for you and your book! I'm sure she'll start noticing the differences soon. I would feel so awkward about the other author seeing your raw feedback! I hate that kind of thing. Sometimes blunt is helpful though. And he's a guy, they aren't emotional thinkers like us women. It's probably not as big a deal in his mind as in yours. We'll see I guess!

Ok I'm out of time! Going to play volleyball. That makes 3 times in 24 hours! I'm playing tomorrow night too. It's been a long, long time since I've played this much. I'm actually loving it.

See you all later!