Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Susan ( Songbird) ~ I am going to school for teaching. At the rate I am going not sure if I will ever get there with credentials for teaching elementary. We will see.

About your friend she sounds like she took the right steps. Not that it is excuse but it seems like that is the age for experimentation. While here daughter might not believe now but will be very thankful when she gets older that she has a mother who cares.

Ok I gotta run because my kiddos have been at each other all day today.
Banner by TammyAZ
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Happy Hump Day

I know I haven't been here in a while. I've noticed that real life gets in the way. I hope every one is having a good day.

Suzan - I could use a cocktail right about now...! I've always wanted to go to bartending school and be like Tom Cruise on Cocktails. :D My favorite drink (shot) is a Butter Baby. It's butter schnops(?) and Bailey's.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

FINALLY!!!

We finally know what Rob's next role will be and, holy mother, is it a doozy. Rob will next take on the role of Eric Maddox in the film Mission Blacklist. It is a psychological thriller about the US Army interrogator who spearheaded the search for and capture of Saddam Hussein.

From Deadline:
LOS ANGELES, CA – May 2, 2012 – Robert Pattinson has come on board to star in the upcoming film “Mission: Blacklist” with Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire committed to direct. The screenplay was adapted by “Band of Brothers” writer and producer Erik Jendresen from the Harper Collins novel Mission: Black List #1 written by military interrogator Eric Maddox with Davin Seay. Ross M. Dinerstein, Managing Partner of Preferred Content, is producing alongside Jendresen and Kevin Waller.

Embankment Films, the international sales and distribution company recently launched by international sales veterans Tim Haslam and Hugo Grumbar will begin selling the film at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.

”Mission: Blacklist” is a psychological thriller that details the true, inside story of the search for Saddam Hussein and the interrogator, Eric Maddox, who spearheaded his capture.

“This movie is a gripping, edge of your seat thriller,” says Dinerstein. “I have been inspired by Robert and Jean-Stéphane’s dedication to tell this story in the most authentic way possible, and I’m thrilled to add Hugo and Tim to our team.”

Pattinson can next be seen in David Cronenberg’s “Cosmopolis,” which is premiering at the Cannes Film Festival in May. Sauvaire’s last film, “Johnny Mad Dog,” premiered at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival where it won the Prize of Hope.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!! Oh holy sweet mama, MilitaryRob... Oh this is just getting me all twitterpated!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Just popping in to say Nighty Night -

I've read all your posts, but am too tuckered out to reply.
(even though those Hump Day pics helped energize me a bit! ;) )

See you tomorrow!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:FINALLY!!!
We finally know what Rob's next role will be and, holy mother, is it a doozy. Rob will next take on the role of Eric Maddox in the film Mission Blacklist. It is a psychological thriller about the US Army interrogator who spearheaded the search for and capture of Saddam Hussein.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!! Oh holy sweet mama, MilitaryRob... Oh this is just getting me all twitterpated!! :clap:
That's awesome news, Caryn! Would Rob's acquisition of this new role have anything to do with the recent changes in his appearance: the buzz cut, and his slightly buffed up physique? What an intriguing choice for Rob! I think the article said something about the character of Eric Maddox being an interpreter, so does this mean we'll hear Rob's velvet voice speaking yet another language? :swoon: We're already blown away by him speaking Portugese and Polish, so what's next? :D

*EDIT: Here's the bio of Eric Maddox I copied from Robsessed:

Upon graduating from the University of Oklahoma in May 1994, Eric Maddox joined the U.S. Army as an infantry paratrooper for the 82nd Airborne Division. After three years as a Ranger qualified infantryman, Mr. Maddox reenlisted as a Chinese Mandarin linguist interrogator. Since 9/11, Mr. Maddox has conducted over 2,000 interrogations while deploying six times in support of the global war on terrorism to include multiple tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, South America, Southeast Asia, and Europe. In 2003, while assigned to a special operations task force in Tikrit, Mr. Maddox conducted over 300 interrogations and collected the intelligence which directly led to the capture of Saddam Hussein. As a result, Mr. Maddox was awarded the Legion of Merit, the Defense Intelligence Agency’s Director’s Award and the National Intelligence Medal of Achievement. Now as a civilian with the Department of Defense, Mr. Maddox continues to fight the global war on terrorism.

Ranger qualified infantryman, paratrooper, linguist interrogator, special operations task force? The character sounds smart, strong, charismatic, and tough-as-nails, and I can't wait to see Rob take this on! :swoon: 8-)
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Some interesting times coming for Kristen and Rob and both are branching out--Kristen in a sort of off the wall action/comedy film (Cali) and Rob as a US Army intelligence officer who helped track down Saddam Hussein. Very interesting times for them indeed.

Also, on Friday morning Fallen One will perform two songs live on 3FM for those of you who live in Holland and Belgium, this after they won a contest for the second time to be on there. And in the same basic geographic area, Audi will debut the R18 e-tron quattro and R18 Ultra when the official practice sessions for the 1000kms of Spa get under way in a few hours.

This has been kinda a busy week for me with a lot of stuff to keep up with, and from that stand point it'll be a bit happy when this week is over, but hopefully it'll leave me happy.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Mmmmm yes, looking forward to seeing Major Rob (even if he isn't a major, it still sounds cool!)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!!!!

It has been a quiet day yesterday… I made an appointment to see on other house tomorrow. Like I said I would but besides that I did some work and some housecleaning… really quiet…

Tomorrow is remembrance day in Holland, it’s the day we remember our war victims… Saturday is liberty day. All over the country there will be big festivals and parties. I’m not sure if we will attend one of them as the festival in my city doesn’t have a good line up.

Anyway.

I’M BLOODY EXCITED ABOUT ROB’S NEW PROJECT!!!!!!!!! Seriously, remember how we said he looked like Jake Gyllenhal in Jarhead when he shaved his head! I wonder if we will see him like that!!! Do all the military men have to shave their head in the US?
One thing I find a bit strange, Rob always seems to be against war, now his is going to make a movie about one of the most successful operations, I wonder if it will only be a positive promotion or if they will show the other side of war and glory as well and make the statement that war is never a good thing.

Now, posts:

Jaclyn, it’s so awesome to read about your trip! Hihi, I never expected NY to be so clean as you describe. I knew it was like that in Singapore but not there. I would love to see a Broadway show one day, or the West end… I would love to see the Phantom of the Opera in the English version. Or Cats.
Yes, we will take lots of pictures, I’ve got a new camera for my birthday and my bf bought a few extra memory cards.
I don’t know yet about the houses, we’ve got two houses still to look at if those aren’t as good as we hope than we have to rethink what to do. Besides that I have started to look for an other job so maybe if I find something in a different town than we might expend the search area a bit.

Caryn, I think it will be the same in the US but here in Holland where you buy can make a great difference. All our friends have nice suburban houses with gardens and all for the same amount of money that would buy a small apartment here. So we have already upped the amount of money we want to invest but I’m not going to buy something really expensive just to get a house with a garden. I have a figure in my head and I won’t spend a penny more.
Apparently there is a campaign going on to let Rob and Kris win the best kiss award! They should win it 5 times in a row as I’m sure the cottage kiss, or the vampire wake up kiss will be more passionate than we have seen in BD1…

Grayce, hihi, you know that guy is right… it takes a lot of NO to get a good YES… I’m not impatient about the houses. We will know when we found the right one. My issue is more with the quality of the houses we are seeing, I had expected a better quality for the money they ask for it…I can imagine people hunting for houses like the guy in the Time Traveler’s wife, everybody has a certain vision in their head and wait until they get that. I think we do that too, we can see through cosmetic issues, most of them are easily solved and I don’t mind a bit of work but the house has to feel right.

Songbird, poor little man! I hope the sunburn didn’t cause him too much pain. I got a bit of sunburn as well in my face and neck, it’s always the same even when I use sunscreen. Did you enjoy the sun as well?
I’m sure your friend was a bit of mess when she found out about her daughter. In Holland it’s quite normal for people to smoke pot every now and than (though I have never done it). Even my bf and brother have done it during their vacations. Just once or twice. I think you can’t find many 25 year olds who have never smokes pot before but when they are stealing money from you to finance it, it becomes a issue…

Ann-marie, it would be awesome if you could sell your cards…I hope people will like them. I’m sorry Man United lost… I’m in general for Man United though I have to say that Ferguson isn’t making himself very popular with me… I never really liked that guy…will they still have a chance to win the top spot?

Suzan, just sip a bit… don’t drown the glass all at once and like you said there are many non-alcohol cocktails!!! Because getting drunk in front of your co-workers is so not done! I have always had a few drinks when we went out but never to the point of when I’m getting too loose…(also go with the light drinks, no rum, vodka etc.! they will hit hard.)

Lynne, I’m jealous!!! I want a dog as well! Cocker spaniels are so cute! For me they are a bit too small but a friend has two and they are a blast to play with… it will keep your kids busy…

MTV award, enough has been said already, but I was wondering if it will be a battle of the scripts… Because many Twilight fans are also a big HP and THG fan and the other way around I wonder if people aren’t going to vote for the best adaption. Mainly because if you dislike what they have done for translating the book to script you will probably dislike the movie, and than people will vote for the best adaption…

Alright I have spend an hour on this… I need to start working!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy Thursday all!

Not much to report from me. I sat down on the couch this morning & now I don't think I can get up... very lazy feeling Haha!

Anyway, to the posts!

JennJenn - Hey there! What is "Dr Oz"? LOL. Like a talk show or something?

Caryn - I didn't even think that WfE would be left out of the MTVMA! When did that come out again? Should it not have been in last years awards (or is that what you mean LOL)?
Yep, I am so happy we go to go to the game now. Orginally I wanted to go to a basketball game to see the Knicks (again, don't really know much about basketball; it's not a big sport here in the UK) but there wasn't a game on. There was a hockey, so we went along and now we are both blown away by it LOL. I've been reading up on it, and Rangers as team. Kinda wish I had bought a book or something when I was in NY since I won't be able to get one here. We did get a couple tshirts though...and a fridge magnet LOL!! I am watching game3 when writing this (seems to be a new tradition: watching Rangers when catchingup on the lex LOL) and Rangers just scored! Whoop whoop!!
Haha, it's just the toilets I seen were all very...abrupt? LOL. They were all the same: no system (which I thought was weird at first & I had to think for a second "how do you flush this?" LOL) and when you did, all the water just gets sucked away very fast (and noisy LOL), and then the toilet re-fills. In the UK, fresh water pours in at the same time, so I guess it must muffle the sound a wee bit. (can't really beleive we are discussing the workings of a lav Hahahaha!).
"MilitaryRob".... *explodes*

Grayce - When did you go to Ground Zero? Obviously that's the first time I've been, but people tell me it's changed a lot. It's a pity that the museum wasn't open yet, but there had a "preview" version of what it will be like. The memorial gardens & waterfalls are going to be really something. Actually, what I thought was werid. There was not entry fee, but they asked for a donation (for the museum & maintenance of the gardens) - which of course was totally fine! But most people were only giving a dollar, which I found really strange and truthfully a bit mean. I know a lot of people don't have much money, but I just expected people to want to give a lot more. Maybe that's just me though!
I really loved Avatar too!! I thought the effects were brilliant & I actually really loved the story! Did you see in in 3D?
In Scotland, we call a champagne & orange juice cocktail a Bucks Fizz. Funny how everything has different names! LOL.

Songbird - LOL, it least it's not just me who noticed a difference in the actual flushing of the tiolets! In the UK at least, there is normally a very clear handle or button to flush, but I thought in the US, it wasn't very noticable which part done that LOL.
Yeah I realise that people in the US working in restruants don't get paid very much & that's why they have such big tips. Like I said, we didn't mind tipping, espeically if the meal was good, I just didn't realise it was so much. Some people in fact, we gave closer to 30% if they were really good LOL.
I thought food in general was at least the same price as here, sometimes cheaper. But the portions were much bigger! And I loved that you got free re-fills of cola and stuff in every place! That was awesome! (as you only get free re-fills here in certain places, like Pizza Hut).
Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. I hope that it is just "one of those things" and that your friend will have discouraged her from ever doing something like that again. Sorry you can't be there in person to give her a big hug, but I know that she will appreciate your advice, even over the internet or phone!
About the dessert menu stuff: we have puddings over here, like cheesecakes, brownies, pies etc plus ice creams and stuff. So maybe it's just in Holland they don't like desserts as much, rather than Europe in general?

Sean - Well I hope you manage to get BD1 soon!! It's a shame you haven't been able to watch it yet!

Ann Marie - That's great that you will be able to book your flights to HHCon soon!

Suzan - I'm sure you'll have a blast at the cocktail workship, as like you said, you can make a lot of non-alcoholic drinks! If you were going to have a alcoholic one, I would say stay away from dark drinks (like whiskey, dark rum etc) as they will make you feel worse in the morning (I know you are not planning to get drunk, but if you don't normally drink, just in case it affects you more than somone who does!). I would say try and just have something with 1 shot of alcohol (ie. don't get a cocktail that has 4 or 5 different things in it). Maybe try a frozen cocktail, as that means you are getting lots of water (in the ice) too. Let us know how you get on!

Lynne - That's good that whenever your publisher mentions your book, it's in a good light. Still got my fingers & toes crossed for you!
Aww! That's so great about you maybe getting a dog! Is your son very excited?

Desiree, Amy, Susie & Tracy - Nice to see you all! :)

Marielle - Maybe you and your bf could make a trip over to London one day to see something at the West End? Although, I think that is almost as expensive for tickets as it was in NY!
Yep, NY was very clean. I was honestly shocked! I can count on my hand the number of peices of litter we seen the whole time in the street - a lot times better than here!
Yeah, if you are hoping to change jobs soon, maybe you will be able to look at different locations, or even different price bands, as your next job may pay more! Keep us posted :)

Well I'm away to watch the last 7 minutes of the game. It's tied now at 1-1...

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Suzan, I might be too late now, but I second the Mudslide idea. It’s bailey’s or kalua (or both?) with ice cream…it’s a chocolatey type thing and very happy, and there’s often a “virgin” variety that has no alcohol in it. That’s what I get when I’m in the states and go to Applebees for dinner. Also, the Butter Schnops and Baileys someone mentioned…it’s pretty smooth. Another one I like (I only like the stuff that you can’t really taste the alcohol in as I don’t like the taste of alcohol) is a dreamsicle. It’s amaretto, orange juice, cream and grenadine (cherry syrup). Have fun! I hope you can find something you like!

Grayce, they’ll have a dessert menu…it will just only have ice cream dishes on it…like banana split, or a “dame blanch” which is vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce. There just won’t be any baked goods on it…like when you go to village inn, or perkins, or pretty much anywhere in the states, there will be several kinds of pie, some brownies, carrot cake, cheesecake…you get a wide selection. Here, none of that stuff will be offered. Pies are pretty much something served at a party (birthday, anniversary, retirement), not as a dessert. But that’s why I’m well known here…they just didn’t know what they were missing out on until I got here and started serving baked goods with them. It makes a great birthday present, too, because it’s stuff they love and can’t get anywhere else. I’ve been told by numerous people that I should start a bakery. My kids’ preschool teachers were very disappointed once both my kids had moved on to elementary school…no more baked goods for birthdays, Christmas party, etc. Mudslide is with Baileys I think, not amaretto, and I think it might also have kalua in it. It’s my favorite! You have good taste!

Lynne, how fun! Cocker Spaniels are supposed to be great with kids, too! I hope the shelter one works out. I don’t think I’d dare walk in because I’d want to take every one of them home with me.

Sean, no, my friend’s not a single mom, but she had her daughter when she was 19 and she was a single mother for 6 years before she got married to her husband, who is NOT the father of her oldest, but they do have an almost 5 year old together. But, because he is not J’s biological father, he can’t really be as much of an authority figure…he doesn’t have the history with her. That’s actually been a huge problem with them. He doesn’t treat her as a daughter and he’s broken a lot of promises to her (like saying he would adopt her officially when they got married and he didn’t) and so she doesn’t trust him or respect him as a father. But my best friend is probably the best mom I know. She’s so strong and she is always there for her girls and makes them a priority. Her husband works up to 60 hours a week, occasionally more, so he’s almost never home and she works from home so that she can be there for the girls. She does it 95% on her own, even though she’s married. But they live in Los Angeles. We grew up in a town of 1000 people in Wyoming, middle of nowhere. There were a few kids who did drugs, but everyone knew which kids did and which kids didn’t and there weren’t drug dealers standing on street corners. But in L.A. I’m sure that’s different. But she went through a rough patch in high school when her parents got divorced and she started hanging out with some bad influences, moved to the next town over that is big by Wyoming standards and has a lot more of those problems…she got involved with a druggie and while she wasn’t doing drugs (well, maybe she did pot, I don’t know) he was a total loser deadbeat. When she got pregnant she straightened up her act and cut out all of the bad influences, including the father of her baby. He wanted nothing to do with them anyway, and refused to get sober and take responsibility, so she left. Now the daughter is struggling because she doesn’t have a good relationship with the stepfather, doesn’t know her father….it’s a lot to deal with at 15.

Desiree, good luck! I wish I had done that now. I really liked working with the younger kids (I am out of my element once they are passed 3rd or 4th grade), but my degree is in music, which I had all grades up through 6th, and you have to fight for funding….I think I’d have been a lot happier going with general elementary education and just keeping music as a hobby. I hope you love it! I’m sure it won’t take as long as it seems!

Caryn, I’m so happy Rob has another great project…but why does he have to keep doing stuff I can’t watch?? LOL I can’t to thrillers…I just can’t.

Tracy, that sounds like a fascinating person….really exciting for Rob to get to play an interesting person, and not just a character. I wish I could handle stuff like that.

Marielle, how sad is it that I have lived here for 9.5 years and I didn’t know that there are festivals and such with remembrance day! I highly recommend Phantom of the Opera if you are ever in NY and get the chance. It is amazing!!! I want to see Les Miz and Rent. No the sun burn didn’t seem to bother him….it wasn’t bad on his arms, but his cheeks were really red. He has my coloring and we burn through sunscreen as well. I avoid the sun if I can. I get blisters. My father in law LOVES to be outside and he doesn’t understand how I can want to stay inside and no amount of telling him that my skin is too sensitive will convince him that I shouldn’t be out there for hours every day working in my garden like he does. He thinks my skin would get used to it, because he’s never had a problem with it, but their whole family is more darkly skinned, whereas I’m like Bella….the next best thing to Albino. I have nothing against someone smoking pot here if they are old enough to make that decision for themselves, but this girl is 15, and it’s illegal there. If she’d gotten caught by police instead of her mom she’d have a criminal record. It’s legal here, so if they want to do that at 25 years old, their decision, no big deal. But for a girl who is not an adult, and in a place where it is illegal, and she steals to get it, she’s doing it regularly, not just once in a while, AND her grades tanked…it’s a much bigger issue. My brother does it, too, and it’s possible my best friend has. And I know a few of my friends do. But they are all adults and old enough to know the consequences and take responsibility for that, and they have their own money to buy it and it’s not effecting their work/school/whatever.

Jaclyn, too funny….I guess toilets are just hard in foreign countries! Oh how I miss free refills!!! No one over here has free refills and the drinks are SO expensive!!! I don’t miss the huge portions so much…I noticed that 2 years ago when I went back for my brother’s wedding. I would get a “doggie bag” but have no chance to eat it…it’s SO much food and it seems such a waste. But I do miss the free refills. And the desserts. That’s what I meant about “over here”…just the Netherlands. I don’t remember Germany having a bunch of that stuff either, though…I don’t know. But I mean just here in the Netherlands.
Dr. Oz is a doctor who has a tv show. He started on Oprah and he does stuff about health. People would ask questions and he would answer them on the show...now he has his own show. I've actually never watched it because I don't have that much time and I'm sure I would get sucked in.

Hi Susie, Amy, Ann Marie and anyone else I missed!

Nothing new here. I should probably start peeling tomatoes and chopping garlic, onions, and red peppers for spaghetti soon or I won’t have time to make it. At least I got my meatballs made and the tomatoes cooked this morning so I don’t have to worry about that. So I will see all you lovely people later!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ