Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hey Ginnie - Of course we remember you. You are one unforgettable lady. We understand life is crazy for you right now. We are here for you whenever you need to. As far as not reading 50+pages, I have to ask: why not? J/k ha ha ha! We are here patiently waiting your return. *big hugs*

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Susie - yes, time's a funny thing, isn't it? It's all down to our perception!

Ginnie - Hey there! I hope things are a little better in your neck of the woods.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody….

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

We are already halfway through the week… I hadn’t realized time was flying by this fast. I had so much work to do…today I don’t have much to do, only catch up on what has been laying behind due to unexpected tasks.

Let’s see, posts…

Lynne, nah, I don’t think they will do re-shoot of the cottage scene… I’m quite positive it’s the hunting scene or maybe the scenes between the Cullen’s left and the Denali’s are coming… but I can only imagine one scene where they would need stunt people and that’s the hunting scene.

Songbird, yeah, actually yes… now all I have to do is find me a Cullen!!! Hihihi… :D I would love to be able to bottle my dreams and go through them with others… they are driving me insane… I always dream very intensely and sometimes they shake me so much…

Amy, Ewwwww!!!! A large bug on your leg… I don’t blame you for screaming… yuck!!! I would be screaming as well… and maybe running home to take a shower…
Marcus Foster, is a good friend of Rob, him and Kris are seen at his concerts regularly. He is also the singer in which clip Kris is starring. I really loved that song and bought the album based on that song but it’s really good… even my bf likes it a lot and that isn’t often.
Gods, no! they can’t put a wig on Rob!!! That would be worse than paying to Allah in the St. Peter’s Cathedral.

Ann-marie, in principle you can go anywhere you like. Stay in the UK you could leave London and go to Wales or Scotland or Cornwall (at least the weather would be nice there) but if you really want a new start why no go to an other country? Within the European union you can go everywhere. Just be careful that you pick a spot where you can find work… I know many Britts are going to Australia… I think it could be lovely… I know you go to church, maybe you can find a project with the church that will take you away for a while. I would take the chance if I were you.

Susie, heaven’s knows that pronouncing the G in Dutch is a torture for all immigrants or non native speakers…for us Dutch it’s very difficult to make the ‘th’ sound good and not like a snake.
I take it that my phone will work in the US and Canada…I haven’t thought about the fact that it might not work… I have to look into that… but my idea was that I get online where ever I can get free wifi (pub or hotel) I have to give my mom updates as well but I like to be able to contact one of you if it’s necessary… maybe I’ll buy a sim card to use overseas…

Ginnie, you are very missed here… I hope you’ll be able to come back more often.

Alright, I’m going to use this day to catch up on work…

See you all later…
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Tracy-Yes things are looking up. With the help of someone I consider my older sister, I am dealing with the stress as best I can.

Jaclyn-Congratulations hun! I saw the pics and you were stunning! I love your dress! Gordon looked handsome as well. I hope you have a fabulous honeymoon!

Susie-That's awesome you met up with Chrissy :-) That's awesome that you made the decision to go offline on Saturdays. Sounds like something I should do. I've been seriously thinking about moving for a long while now. And with some bad situations that have happened the last couple weeks, I know beyond a doubt that it is the right thing. Yes, definitly gotta come to Cali sometime after I move there :-)

Susan-Yes I am in KY right now. Unfortunatly, I do not have a job lined up. However, there are a few places being built out there that will bring a lot of jobs. So there are prospects on the horizions. Also, I can try Wal-Mart and get a rec from my mom (she's on the matinence team there) I worked at our local one when my daughter was a baby, and when I was let go (it was a temp posistion) I was told I was more than welcome back. I'll be in Southern Cali, about 2 hours or so from L.A. I'm nervous, but excited! Wow, what a dream! Sounds like dream you did good with dream Rob!

Marielle-California is about 2096 miles from here (well, from the house I'm in now to where my mom is that is) my daughter has her moments. She wants to move, then she doesn't. I think once we do move and then get settled in, she will be fine. It'll help that we'll have the summer to do that before she starts school in August.

Brenda-We all have times where we are away. I try to come here more, but with the crazy that is my life at the moment, I only get a couple time a week. As you can tell, we treat everyone like they haven't left. Yes its back to California. Ill be around my family again which is great. Sounds like you had a fantasic trip wow! I don't know if I could do it so I'm in awe that you could!

Amy-I'll be about 2 hours from LA, and about 1 hour from where I used to live. I would have done the same if I had found a cockroach in my pants leg! Although with the way I am, I would have added a few cuss words :LOL:

Sean-that sucks your library sucks. You would LOVE the library in my town (just ask Susie! She's seen it and loves it.) We have some really good workers there.

Anne-Marie- I missed the post about what happened, but I hope things get better hun! Definitly here for you!

Ginnie-So glad to see you here doll! I know things are crazy for you, but even to take a moment to say hi we love!

I know that I have missed some post, and I'm sorry! Yesterday was a horrendous day for me (in which I was accused of being a bad mother, only think of my self, that I will ruin my daughter, called a witch with a b, that I don't care about anybody here, I even got threatned to be taken to court to have my daughter taken away!) So my mindset is not in the best place at the moment. I will check in later.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy HumpDay! What is it about Rob's back that is so... so... :swoon:

Internship update: I met with my supervisor yesterday and it went really well. He has a pretty interesting project for me and it's completely different from what I've done last year. Which is a good thing, because that's what I wanted, but it's also pretty hard to understand everything at once. He said he remembered me from a course I did two years ago and that he was confident I could handle this complicated project, because I got a good grade then... I'm glad he feels confident, but it was two years ago; I'm not sure how much I remember... :? Anyway, he showed me around the lab and introduced me to some colleagues. Some of the students in my year and some of my friends are also doing an internship there, so that should be fun. I even have my own workspace and lab coat already! As soon as all the papers are signed by the appropriate people, which can be any minute now, I can start. It's moving so fast all of a sudden; I'm in shock.

I'll tell you a bit about the project itself since some of you asked. It's pretty technical though, so if you don't want to read that's fine. I'll try to make it understandable for everyone, but I don’t really know how much you all know about these things… Let me know if anything is too difficult or too simple.
Different tissues and cells in your body communicate with each other through signalling molecules and proteins. For example, think about hormones. Cells receive signals from their environment through binding of signalling molecules (also called ligands) to receptors on the surface of the cell. The receptors then “tell” the cell what it needs to do, by initiating different processes inside the cell. Think of it as a lock (the receptor) and a key (the ligand). Some keys fit better to a specific lock than others. When designing a new drug, you basically make a lot of keys and see if they fit the lock you want to influence.
However, some molecules bind to the lock and change its shape. This results in a better or worse “fit” between a key and a lock. My project will study the effects of such shape-changing molecules on how long the key stays in the lock. (The longer a key stays in a lock, the longer it will influence the processes inside the cell.) I will do this specifically for the adenosine A1 receptor, which has various functions throughout the body including regulating heart rate and blood pressure and it plays an important roll in the brain. It’s also one of the receptors that are influenced by caffeine, giving you that awake and concentrated feeling after your morning coffee. :)

I’m sorry if that was too much or too technical, but you asked for it… ;)

On to the order of the day; posts...

Sean - Yay! for getting your food card! That must be a big help. Will you get the $200 every month?

Tracy - I loved your post about Rob's beard, hihi. And I definitely agree that the ladies of Robsessed are amazing! GO Operation Release The Jaw!!! LOL The internship will be a full time job; 9am-5pm, 5 days a week. It'll be tough, but I'll have to get used to it sometime right. Link to my fanfic. Chapter 3 is almost ready. It's going a bit slow at the moment because of the internship and everything. But that definitely has priority; fanfic will have to wait sadly.

Brenda - Hope to see you posting this HumpDay. :) How do you like the new van? I will stick it out at least until I get my Masters degree no matter how long it takes. I don't have plans to go for a PhD at this point. I'm hoping the business course will work out and I can find a job through that.

Marielle - That's really too bad that you can't see Bel Ami. Well maybe when you're in Chicago. And weren't there rumours that the DVD will be out in the summer?

Lynne - My lips (and keyboard) are sealed about the book your editing. I've seen bits and pieces of Lord of the Rings, but never the whole thing. I just couldn't get into it for some reason. I guess it's just not my kind of thing either.

Susan - I'm glad your BIL is doing better. A close colleague of my dad had a kidney transplant and he's been having a really tough time. They couldn't get his medication right and there were signs of rejection. He's okay now, but I definitely understand how scary those things are. I can relate to those kind of dreams; I'm quite the nerd myself. See the internship talk above, hihi. Will you go see Bel Ami somewhere else? I know it plays/played in Apeldoorn, which is probably closer to where you live.

Amy - That sounds like a fun week; no bosses to look over your shoulder. EEK!!! A cockroach?! My legs are starting to itch just thinking about it. You have my permission to scream all you want when that happens. *shudder* I haven't started on MotU yet, as is evident from my presence here. ;)

Ann Marie - I'm glad you're feeling better! You're absolutely right; they're not your real friends and they're the ones who will lose out. You go girl!

Susie - How did your night class go? The Dutch G is always the problem for non-Dutch people. You should try to pronounce the original name of The Hague: 's Gravenhage. ;) Do you have Dutch students in your class? Thanks for explaining Brownie Points. I didn't know it was an expression. I thought it was just something you and your husband came up with, hihi.

Caryn, Ginnie and JennJenn - Hi! :wave: I hope things will get better and less stressful for you all! :hug:

I'm off. Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*looks around semi-awkwardly, and no longer looking like I just survived the hunger games* Oh hiyah! Sorry I've been MIA as of late, but things have been busy around here, and my down time has pretty much been doing anything where my brain is in OFF mode. Like sleeping. :lol: For those who asked, yes my grandfather is much better now. Back to normal - or what's normal for him anyway. Apparently my grandmother didn't quite understand that a medication he had been on since a surgery he had around 2000 was to help lower his blood pressure, and so the reason he passed out was because his BP had gotten too low. So they've cut that in half to help sort of stabilize his BP so it doesn't get too low again or too high, and they'd also talked my grandma into going through the horrendous effort of taking him to see his doctor (the appointment was last week, and he said my grandpa is fine now).

Also, I have registered and paid for my CNA three-week course that begins May 14th. Now I just have to go to Mattoon (half hour drive from here) and get a Student ID card. Other than that, I've nothing more to do until my class starts. :)

Susie~Pretty much everyone I know thinks I know too much info about it already, but yes. I've had it all planned out since about 2005 - it was just a matter of finishing school and turning 18 so I could go. Its just one of those things that I picked up and really loved since I've moved around so much.

Marielle~The CNA course is only three weeks, and then I take a state exam, and I'm finished. But for the other degree (Interior Design) it's a 4-year program. If I go during the summers, I can finish a bit earlier than that, but I'm planning to work during the summers full time, so that I have a bit of money for during the school year, so I don't have to borrow as much in loans.

Tonise~ :lol: The Gangster Tour sounds funny...though interesting too. Surprisingly, even though I only live a few hours south of Chicago I've never been there, so I know next to nothing about the place. But either an actual tour, or at least going around to see the 'points of interest' while there would be a nice idea. Other than that though, I've got no ideas whatsoever. Though, I've heard that the Rainforest Cafe is pretty neat.

Brenda~I'm the same way with fairytale/fantasy stuff. I was big on the Disney movies when I was little, but my bedtime stories were courtesy of the Grimm brothers and the original Mother Goose stories. So Once... is very interesting, and I'm really loving how well done most of these shows and movies are. And I can't wait until Tim Burton's Sleeping Beauty starts filming. Very excited for it as well, despite Angelina Jolie being in it. Ah yes. The mid-season break. A lot of shows are doing that right now actually. The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural both took a two week break, so I'm not surprised that Once is too. As for Adam and Josh...I never really thought about it, but I think its just a coincidence. Either that or that aren't closely related.

Ginnie~Good to see you pop in!

In other HH CON related news, I finally ended up having to email Amtrak since I still haven't got my tickets, and they profusely apologized and said that they were now in the mail, so I'm hoping they will be here by my birthday next Saturday. Less things to worry about for me that way. :) And my grandmother - who hasn't mentioned the trip at all, other than my tickets - asked me for my bank account number this morning so that she can some time soon (I'm not sure when she'll do it) transfer the funds for my trip into my bank account. Which for me was a relief, as she's not too keen on me going to Chicago (our family absolutely hates any town bigger than 12000 pop.), and hasn't really given me a warm reception about it any time I bring it up.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Suzan wrote:
Internship update:
I'll tell you a bit about the project itself since some of you asked. It's pretty technical though, so if you don't want to read that's fine. I'll try to make it understandable for everyone, but I don’t really know how much you all know about these things… Let me know if anything is too difficult or too simple.
Different tissues and cells in your body communicate with each other through signalling molecules and proteins. For example, think about hormones. Cells receive signals from their environment through binding of signalling molecules (also called ligands) to receptors on the surface of the cell. The receptors then “tell” the cell what it needs to do, by initiating different processes inside the cell. Think of it as a lock (the receptor) and a key (the ligand). Some keys fit better to a specific lock than others. When designing a new drug, you basically make a lot of keys and see if they fit the lock you want to influence.
However, some molecules bind to the lock and change its shape. This results in a better or worse “fit” between a key and a lock. My project will study the effects of such shape-changing molecules on how long the key stays in the lock. (The longer a key stays in a lock, the longer it will influence the processes inside the cell.) I will do this specifically for the adenosine A1 receptor, which has various functions throughout the body including regulating heart rate and blood pressure and it plays an important roll in the brain. It’s also one of the receptors that are influenced by caffeine, giving you that awake and concentrated feeling after your morning coffee. :)

I’m sorry if that was too much or too technical, but you asked for it… ;)
Hi Suzan! I don't know if I ever mentioned this before, but I actually majored in molecular/cellular biology in college. (Not that I've used it for anything other than being a highly educated stay-at-home-mom, or occasional tutor to my friends kids, but oh, well.) Anyway, I thought your description of the new project was very good &, although I may be remembering incorrectly, I think that they were studying adenosine A1 receptors in mice at my university when I was in undergrad! (15 years ago or so) Small world, huh?

Okay, well, that's it for today's episode of "random trivia with Ginnie". I have to run again, but I'll be lurking... 8-)

Laters!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Amy, Awesome that your boss will be gone for a couple of weeks…time to play!! And euuuuwwww….cockroach! How did it get in your pants?? Sounds like you had a great party with the boys! And yep…always the quiet ones, eh? When I was in college, my choir went on a recruitment tour and we stayed in a motel. Almost the whole choir went out to party, but I stayed back with a couple of other girls, one who was mormon and didn’t want to party, and one who, like me, had volunteered to help hem up a couple of girls’ dresses because they couldn’t sew. So there was this guy who kind of thought he was a bigshot and we decided to prank him. So while they were all out partying, I pretended to have locked my key in my room, which was really his room….so I got his key from the front desk, we shortsheeted his bed, stole all his towels, washcloths and toilet paper, we set the alarm clock for some ungodly hour, and unscrewed the lightbulbs just enough so they wouldn’t turn on. Oh, and we opened the window in their room….it was January….in Wyoming. So the next morning, he got on the bus and was like “I don’t know who did it….I’m not mad…whoever it was….you are GOOD. But I want to know WHO it was.” He didn’t believe that I had planned and executed the whole thing because I was the last person someone would suspect...and one of my accomplices was likewise. It was pretty funny.

Sean, glad you finally got the book. Let me know when that article comes up and I’ll translate it for you. Written should be a lot easier than listening to a concert setting in her thick accent! LOL And if there’s a word I don’t know, I can ask my hubby. What is the food card? Is it just like a giftcard that you can buy whatever groceries you want?

Ann Marie, who is Simon? I’m glad you realized that you don’t need people like that in your life. People like that are so toxic….you deserve better. Let them make eachother and themselves miserable with their toxicity and find yourself some people who know what it means to be a friend and who have some integrity! Ice cream AND Twilight?? Sounds like my kind of night!

Lynne, is it warm? It drives me nuts when it’s sunny and looks so warm, then you step outside and freeze. It’s so deceptive! Do you have periods where you dream more? Is it triggered by something? Like for me with tornado dreams…when I’m stressed, it triggers those. I dream every night, but when I’m overly stressed, it’s always about tornados. So maybe you are dreaming right now because of something going on that you need to process…like suspense from your book?

Susie, it took me MONTHS of practice to get the Dutch G. That was the hardest sound! And the “ui” combination took some practice too. I still don’t hear a difference between single and double vowels (a/aa, u/uu) unless I hear them one right after another. I can imagine there are things in English that foreigners would have problems with, too…like Marielle said…the “th” sound. Yeah, I have 26 Italian Songs for Soprano voice, and then I have 2nd book of Soprano solos, which has a bit of everything in it. And then I think I have a german book that was for our diction class. I did a really fun German piece for my senior recital that was 2 parts…it was a boy begging his love interest to come in and she tells him that she won’t let him in because her mother warned her about boys like him. And he tries a line about how cold it is and it will freeze his heart. And she says…oh…sorry…but no…goodnight! It was just light and fun and cute. I loved that one. Is your tendency to want to sing the Sop I part because your ear automatically picks out the highest part? I have that to an extent, but once I learn a part, I’m really strong with harmony. I know a LOT of musicians who have difficulty keeping on their part instead of singing the melody.

Ginnie, Hi! So glad you could drop in. I hope things are picking up for you a bit.

Marielle, I think all the Cullens are taken…but perhaps you could find a nice nomad! Maybe Garett knows someone. I’m always fascinated about other people’s dreams and why they dream what they do. About your phone…do you have a triband phone? You need to have at least triband (bandwidth) for your phone to work in the states. But I will warn you, the rates are insane. I don’t know how it works for phones with internet, actually, but I know with regular cellphones, they won’t work in other countries because of the bandwidth…it’s kind of like the difference in DVDs. We learned that the hard way the first time we went back to the states, so now we bought phones with tri or quad band, but it's really expensive to use, so we tried not to much. But at least we HAD them if we needed them.

Jenn Jenn, Walmart is a pretty good company to work for. I worked there for nearly a year right after I got married, until we moved over here. I was an overnight stocker. And you can always look for something else while you are working there…it would be good for you to have SOMETHING. My best friend lives in LA, so I wondered if you were going to be close to there.
Don’t listen to anyone who tells you those awful things…it’s not true and anyone who would say those things is just MEAN. And someone who could be so mean spirited, I wouldn’t trust their opinion of you.

Suzan, That’s actually really interesting! I have a friend from Germany who has done something similar. She is working for a company doing cancer research, where they are trying to isolate the gene where cancer occurs and turn that off, so to speak. I think she works with several genes, but she activates them, deactivates them, and has to see what effects it has on the mice. Yeah, the kidney transplant stuff is scary, and he’ll probably need another at some point. They told him the one he has should last him 10-15 years, but then it’s back to dialysis and hope for another transplant. His aunt was a match for him, luckily, so it was easier to find a donor for him. But like…my FIL couldn’t donate his..he wasn’t a match. But that worked out better in the long run because then my FIL ended up with cancer in his kidney and had to have one removed. If he had donated one, who knows what would have happened. I doubt I will get to see Bel Ami. We have no car right now so we’re using public transportation for everything, and then there’s the matter of getting a babysitter. I’m not too fussed about it…I am not a real fan of gratuitous sex anyway, so I don’t know if it’s my kind of movie. If it was playing here, I might go to see it, but the effort of getting a babysitter, finding transportation, and the cost kind of outweigh the benefits for me. Yay for nerdiness!! Glad it’s not just me.

Hi Ashley! Wow, how scary…but how did his BP drop so low? I mean, I understand he’s on meds, but doesn’t he have checkups to see if the dosage is right? My hubs has BP meds and he has to go every so often to get it checked to see if the meds are working right and if the dosage is a good one for him. What is CNA? Is that nursing? I hope you get your tickets soon! How did you order them? When I ordered my tickets to come visit hubs when we were still dating, my tickets never came. I called and they told me they had been delivered and signed for…I was like…um…no they haven’t. I verified the address and assured them that I most certainly had not gotten them. So I called back, got a different representative and he read the address back to me and the zipcode was wrong. The first few times I called, including when I ordered the tickets, the representative had a thick Spanish accent…she apparently got 5 and 8 mixed up…so when she repeated my zipcode back to me, she said the right one, but had entered the other. So my tickets ended up in Ohio.

I started a new exercise program today…supposedly I’ll be running 5k within 2 months. It went alright, but the first 60 second run was murder!! I couldn’t wait till the 90 second walk. But after that it got slightly less sucky. I FINALLY got called to work next week for a couple of days. It’s the first time since October, so I’m really glad they finally need me! I hope I still have the stamina to walk so much! I got an email from my best friend and she MIGHT be able to see me in June! I hope she can because I miss her so much. We’d have such a blast!!
We have a tour of the public school tomorrow to see if we want to send the kids there next year since their school is closing. We probably will, just because it's the closest one to us and it just makes sense. Anyway, I'm off! Hope everyone has a great Hump Day!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Well, I'm off to see The Hunger Games today. I've also decided that I will read the other two books in the series, because, if my book is published, I really need to keep up with what's going on in the fantasy/sci-fi genre, if only so I know what people are into. What's more, from what I've heard about the end of book two in the series, it could be a good argument to use with my publisher for the ending of book two in my series, which has a bit that is ... unresolved, let's say!

marielle - I agree. It probably is a reshoot of something to do with that. Maybe when she hunts the humans, or something.

JennJenn - I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. Try not to let it get you down. I'm sure your daughter would say differently, and I think she'd know better!

Suzan - yeah, Lord of the Rings seems to be an acquired taste! I read the technical bit you wrote down, but my eyes tend to glaze over when I start to read anything like that, so it didn't make much sense to me! I hope your internship goes well, though. It sounds like you are onto a good thing, with your supervisor trusting you like that.

Ashley - I'm glad to hear your grandfather is doing better.

Songbird - I do tend to dream when I'm stressed, yes. I'm always terrified of water in my dreams. If I have a dream with water in it it is usually a sign of something bad that is coming into my life.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

JennJenn: That's just stupid. My mom raised me as a single parent and I've turned out fine. People are so GD stupid and judgmental anymore. Ever wonder why I get PO'd when I hear people ripping on Kristen and Rob? Because the same crap happens in real life to everyone else. Wanna know what would really make me happy? That I wake up one morning to learn that all the stupid, immoral, amoral, evil people in the world committed suicide. You know, choke down some cyanide, gave themselves a lead implant into their brains, and little hara kiri or seppuku. I know that people who are like that have to be miserable, and if they enjoy wallowing in their own misery and trying to make others miserable, well, just like the title to the theme song from MASH, "Suicide is Painless". Serves them right for not dealing with their own problems and trying to bring others down with them.

There just never seems to be enough friggin' idiots on this planet... What ever happened to "don't judge unless ye also be judged"? Just too many damned stupid morons on this planet, it's little wonder why I shun mainstream society, and what they consider to be "entertainment".

Suzan: Yes, it will be $200 a month.

Songbird: It's sort of like food stamps. Do I feel a little bad about having them when I'd rather have a job that would allow me to help out. Yeah, but that's a while away, and I don't feel bad that the State of Ohio and the management at the library screwed me out of my job. I just see it as a bit of payback...

One thing that surprises me is that there are actually very few things that you can't get with it, and it even covers the tax at least on pop and candy and crap like that. And I used the card today to get my grandma some coffee creamer and bananas and milk. And I still have $48 of the original $180 on it. And it will go to $200 plus what I have left over next month.

Everyone: Sorry for my blow up at what's gone on with Jennifer. But as me and a friend have been talking about in recent days, people are so ignorant and judgmental, and if they wanna be that way, fine, but whatever ill falls their way, that's karma, and karma can be a b****, and they had it comin' to them. There's a side of me that's just heartless and amoral enough anymore that I wish that mainstream society will collapse, because they remain willfully ignorant of the issues that THEY'RE causing, and the media, being part of society, reflects that, and they contain the seeds of their own destruction. So I say that people suck, society sucks, the media sucks, and I don't have to condone or endorse their behavior. Just because something's popular, doesn't mean it's right. Kinda makes one value the decent, nice people that we all know, doesn't it?

Anyways, after that rant, I'm gonna play some VGs and read tonight, and I'll watch some cooking shows later, and finally make this huge pizza I got yesterday. I wanted to make it last night, but I got caught up in some things and there wasn't much on that was interesting, so I'll make it tonight.

Maybe after reading about the stuff that Jennifer has gone though, maybe I just need a tea and coffee induced coma--that's something that's odd for me, that tea and coffee has no effect on me as far as the caffeine in it. Also, Audi has hired a new driver that will be a reserve driver for them at Le Mans and will race in relief of an injured driver at Spa in about 2 weeks:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... rd-at-spa/

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/