Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Songbird »

Marielle, I’m glad you had fun on your day out! It’s supposed to POUR all day tomorrow, which means I’ll be biking to work and back, and to choir and back in the rain. Not looking forward to that.

Tracy, sorry the game was rained out, but hey….sounds like it worked out for you! I love the Little Mermaid, too. It’s so funny! Yeah, I got mom’s piano because I’m the musician. My brother never took lessons or anything, and he didn’t have that history with mom like I did, so it went to me. I don't think 50 Shades sounds like something I'd like...I think I'll skip that one.

Lynne
, what a strange dream! I hate dreams where I’m running late for something because it’s a pet peeve of mine. Sorry you didn’t get to sleep in! I hope you get some work as an editor. That could be a really interesting job if the books are good, but frustrating if they are really bad.

Sean, sometimes a boring night in is just what the doctor ordered…hope you weren’t TOO bored, though. I'm hoping for a boring night tonight, myself.

Caryn, nice to have you back! Yeah, the beginning of a new routine is hard. I didn’t get to run today, nor will I tomorrow, because I had/have to work. But, I ride my bike there and back…about 20 mins each way, plus tomorrow I will also bike to choir in the evening. So I’m getting exercise in, even if it isn’t running. I’m not running with the goal of being able to run the 5k…just with the goal of losing weight and this program seems to be a good one to get me in shape. But who knows…maybe once I can run it, I’ll see if there’s a 5k to enter.

Ann Marie, what kind of cards do you make? I enjoy doing that, too. I do 3D, embossing, very little stamping…I’d love to see some of your stuff!

Suzan, what do they do with the mice? When I was in high school, I went to an academic summer program and the science class I took was all about drugs. We did some testing with rats where we observed them…we had a control group, a group that was given caffeine, and a group that was given some sort of a downer…then we did things like, place them with a paw up on a platform to see how long it would stay in that position....it was interesting to observe. We didn’t actually have to inject them ourselves…so I was wondering, I know you don’t work with the mice, but is that the kind of stuff they do that you can’t stomach? Thanks for the encouragement about running. I really hope I can stick with it. I’m so out of shape and overweight, I HAVE to do something about it.

Susie, that’s a nightmare!! Missing BD2??? Good thing it was just a dream! That’s so great that you got to see your daughter’s performance! What did they sing? (just because I’m nosy!) I have a mental block about singing solo. I know…weird for someone who majored in music. Ever since I was in high school, I have this thing where I get to the end of a phrase and my throat closes up and I have to swallow, mid-word. So I’m always terrified that’s going to happen, so I get unbelievably nervous. What I fear, I create. It only happens when I’m singing a solo piece as myself, though…when I’m playing a role in a musical, it’s like it’s not me, so I don’t have that problem. I LOVE doing musicals. There was a girl in the music department…we didn’t get along, but she told me if I didn’t like to sing solo, I shouldn’t be in the music program, I should just give it up. I told her I was an ED major, not performance, and she tried to put off some junk about how teaching is nothing but solos, but I don’t have that problem when I’m SPEAKING. She was just very cocky herself and liked to tell everyone how much better a musician she was than they are.

Work was actually good. In the past, it hasn’t been a very nice environment. Like…when I switched from weekly hours to just “on call” temp type, I was away for 3 months or so…the first time I came back to work, I expected people to greet me…just a “Oh hi! Nice to see you back”…NOTHING. Not a word. And it’s a real Catty place…people watching everyone else to see who’s doing the most…hiding in between shelving sections to spy on certain people and then going to the boss if someone spent 2 minutes chatting with someone they hadn’t seen in a while, or to ask how a doctors appointment went…stuff like that. Really like…junior high. But I went in today after 6 months…well, more like a year since I’ve seen most of them and they all greeted me and asked how I was and how the kids were. So it was actually nice for once. My supervisor didn’t say 2 words to me, but that’s just the way she is. But the owner of the company brought in her 4 week old baby…sooooo cute. She’s smaller than my daughter was at birth!
Ok, I’m heading to bed. I have to be up at 6 to get Bug ready for swimming lessons, and then I work while the kids are at school and I have choir in the evening, so it’s going to be a LONG day. I probably won’t be back on until Wednesday.
:wave:
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

It's been cold and windy here, which kinda sucks. And it won't warm up until later this week. But what are you gonna do.

Fallen One had a concert yesterday, and http://www.fallenone.nl has a couple of photos of their concert Sunday, but their site is down for maintenance, but Lia dressed normally on stage for once--cardigan, sweater, jeans and sneakers. A bit different than her mini-dress or mini-skirt/corset with torn nylons or fishnet hose and boots get up. You know, that sounds like stuff that Kristen would wear. But then again, Lia has worn cut off shorts like Kristen wore last night or Saturday night, whenever, and she's even on occasion tied her shirts in knots like Kristen has.

And that also seems to be why Lia favors wearing dark colored nail polish--in this case, it might not be a case of even coincidentally emulating Kristen, but because it's a punk/emo deal. It for both of them may even be a thing to do with their skin tone--both have fairly pale skin, especially Kristen (Lia is a natural brunette because of her Armenian heritage, while Kristen is definitely fair skinned--Lia actually hates getting tans and she'd rather be pale). It's probably a combination of those factors.

Speaking of fashion, it seems that Fallen One's site has been fixed, and here's a HQ photo of Lia and her outfit:

http://www.fallenone.nl/zp/albums/Diffe ... kpop-1.jpg

And I just noticed that Lia and Kristen recently both actually (may) like so show off their bellies/midriffs. Both do have amazing bodies, I have to say. I'm not sure if that's a T-shirt or Lia's belly I'm seeing between her jeans and her sweater, but it could be either, and Lia has done both as far as her more "normal" stage get up. But as I've said before, when has Lia been normal? Or Kristen for that matter. I think that Kristen and Lia are a bit off the rails, if you know what I mean--that Lia and Kristen may be a bit eccentric. To be honest, I love that in a woman, especially if they're not afraid to show it.

Anyways, I plan on finally making some fish tonight, and watching Top Gear and Crash Course, as well as reading and playing some VGs. I'll probably try and turn in early, and I have to remember to show my father my lamp--the switch is broken, and I have to know if he can fix it or if I have to buy a new lap. Kinda boring at night when I can't read in bed when I turn in early.

Hopefully my check will arrive soon--it's still being processed as of today.

Also, Robstenation has some photos up of Kristen and Rob at Coachella this weekend. The "and" has been bolded to put down the stupid rumors of a break up and the other stupid crap people start up about when Kristen and Rob show up alone at events.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi HH Crew :wave:

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I for one had a busy weekend witch is why I didn’t post. It all started on Friday when I should have gone grocery shopping since we had absolutely nothing in the house but instead surprised my friends who never see me to an invite for a afternoon swim with the kiddos. Saturday my kiddos had swimming lessons and then a birthday party to attend and Sunday consisted of another b-day party and then a bbq with my friend and her husband and son at my house. Lets just say I need a vacation from my day off.

Saturday/ Sunday post.

Caryn~ Are the boys in competitive soccer or just community soccer? I didn’t watch really MI I was to busy trying to get caught up on the computer with emails and Scentsy stuff. I think I watched the first 20 minutes but my husband said it was ok and my friends said her and her husband liked it. I will say the those minutes I did watch was pretty entertaining but it is the same thing every movie almost like the Bond movies.

Susan~ The baseball game was great. It is called Park in the park. I don’t know if you ever visited SD so if I am repeating something you already know my apologies. They built this stadium and then built a park on the outside looking in. You still have to pay but tickets are only $5.00. They have a grassy area that looks into the game and it has all the food and apparel stands. I actually find it nicer than the inside of the stadium. There is also a playground for the kids and a mini baseball field for the little ones as well. First time going there, it has been 10 years since I been to a game.

Marielle~ Sounds like you have been having a great time with your bil . Does he live close or was he visiting? THG so you are reading the 2nd one. I won’t ruin anything but I have to admit by the time I got to the last book I was kinda already over the series.

Tracy~ Thank you for the warm welcome back. MI was good for the first 20 minutes I watched I was trying to get caught up with emails and some other things, which causes me to not really pay attention to the movies. I know I don’t have to stress on making it over here but I really did miss all of you girls.

Lynee~ I can’t stand getting woken up from a good dream so I know how you feel.

Ashley~ I watch Supernatural but I am only on season 4 got far behind after having my kiddos. Would love to see a picture of your cake.

Ginnie~ Saw you lurking and wanting to say HI Sweets.

Karena~ I hope your son is ok and doesn’t have whooping cough. That was going around everywhere here in the States. (As a mommy I know how it feels to feel overwhelmed. Take care of yourself sweets. )

Tonsie~ Have a nice getaway. Hot bathes and shopping sounds like my kind a vacation.

Sean~ Your story sounds good. Yes Niki and Kristen both were at Coachella.

Sunday post.

Annmarie~ My fingers are crossed for you and hope you get that job. I have seen the cards you make they are beautiful.

Susie ~ How nice that you and your hubs took a trip, and even a bonus to see your daughter and niece. I am sure the water was cold. Didn’t you just have snow? More on my baseball game explaining the park in the park is in my response to Susan.

50 Shades ~ I hope we can talk about it on here. I am going to start it tonight. Wanted to know though and Caryn maybe you can answer it for me. Is it the exact same except she just switched out the names?

How do you all feel about all the attention she is getting vs. Sempre Forever?
Banner by TammyAZ
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hello Halfway House.

I know I have a few pages to go back and read before I make a big post. It looks like I have a lot to catch up on. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Desiree - I am over half way through Sempre and I have only read the first few pages of 50 last night. I think that 50 will be very close to the original fanfic, especially the way they describe Christian (minus the eye color). That's all I can sat about 50 though.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

No dreams to report today! :( At least, none that I remember!

Susie - I'm glad you had a nice time on your road trip. Yes, I often dream that I'm running late for things, but I'm not going to be late for BD Pt 2 anymore than you are! :)

marielle - yes, Jackson does have a great voice, especially with that accent! :swoon:

Tracy - yes, hopefully I can get some more income that way, and help some writers into the bargain! Yeah, I rarely dream about my husband, or my son. Maybe it's because I spend so much time with them.

Songbird - yes, I'm rather anal-retentive when it comes to being late! Yes, it would be frustrating if the books are bad, but then, at least I get paid for helping them fix it up, rather than doing it in my spare time, or taking up Rochelle's time to do it. I'm glad your workplace is a little more friendly at the moment.

Desiree - Boy, that was a busy weekend. At least what you did was fun! Yeah, I always seem to be woken up during the good dreams, not the bad ones.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good afternoon, siblings. Posting a bit late today as I had a few meetings to attend today which kept me away. Of course, I've also been squeeing internally at all the lovely pics we saw from Coachella of Rob&Kris at the various concerts. Seems they had a lovely relaxed weekend, just hanging out and getting in a few shows. Ahh, but that is what I hope for most with them. Rob looked his hobolicious self, with just the right amount of scruff (I'm sure the result of having shaved late last week for the shoot) and his customary cap on (though we can clearly see that his hair is returning quickly). Kris looked hella sexy in her short shorts and tshirts and rocking Rob's Orioles cap. I swear, I don't know how anyone that short can have legs that damn long!

Anywho, on to posts...

AnnMarie~ Wonderful to hear about your interviews. Can’t wait to hear the result. I think you’ll find that, once he takes that cap off, the hair is quite tousell-able. :lol: Hell, he was even running his fingers through his buzz at Berlinale.

Suzan~ WOW!!! She looks so fabulous in OtR! Hmmm, do her eyes look blue in that picture to anyone else? I thought she’d been able to keep her own beautiful green, but I wonder if she had to wear contacts again? Hmmm, I’m not sure about the PMing… I’ve never noticed that. But, as for responding, it honestly depends upon the author. Some authors do respond to each review, even if it’s a quick TY. Others just don’t. It’s an individual thing.

Lynne~ I think that is such an amazing opportunity for you!! You’d be completely amazing as a professional editor. I think you’d enjoy The Lucky One. It’s actually a very spiritual story, and so very sweet. But, then again, it’s Nicholas Sparks, so that should come as no surprise. I’m definitely interested in hearing your thoughts if you do.

Susie~ Aww, that sounds like such a wonderful trip. Bah! You’d never allow such craziness to happen. I have no worries when it comes to you putting together your viewing of BD2. That’s so great to hear that SonnyBoy is having such good results. Frighteningly, I do happen to know that protein-rich foods (makes sense as hair is essentially made of protein) such as soy, beans, eggs, seeds and nuts are all known to encourage hair growth. One note I’m sure Rob would take interest in is that brewer’s yeast, which is rich in Vitamin B complex, is also said to encourage hair growth. So, at least we know the Heiniken isn’t going to waste in the effort. :lol: And, if we can judge by the little bit of hair we could see in the Coachella pics, he’s definitely on his way.

Marielle~ “But seriously, Kris should be arrested for stealing clothes” :rotfl: Well, at least we know the shorts weren’t his! But, I always think it’s beyond adorable when she steals his shirts… coats… sunglasses… hats. I kind of love it. Yeah, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I keep seeing different dates for the second unit stuff, everything from next week to the week of Cannes and after.

Tracy~ Mmmmmmmmm, although, sadly, yes, I still need my coffee. But that certainly made it easier to temper the need. Okay, that makes me feel loads better. I knew you knew that, but when I read your response, it just made me pause a second and say, huh? :lol: Oh bloody hell, you went and broke out the ONDS on me??? Are you trying to do me in? Yes, the comparisons will be inevitable, but they will each have their own special moments and special meaning. I think the one thing I’m most curious about is whether or not Rob & Kris will be seen out and about together. Ach, I don’t know whether to hope for and treasure that possibility, or hate myself for even considering it.

Susan~ Oooh, and biking is such good exercise, too! Well, good for you.

Sean~ I’ve honestly given up trying to keep up with the number of times people have indicated trouble between the two of them. It just seems to be the natural assumption some have when they aren’t attached at the hip. Even if Kris had been at Coachella alone, so what? I went to a movie by myself on Friday. Does that mean I’m leaving Hubs? No. It means that I enjoyed some me time. End of. People are going to talk because talking gets them noticed. I will continue to maintain the same faith I’ve always had. And, I will continue to maintain that I would much rather Rob&Kris conduct themselves with grace and independence than be two-faced, saying one thing and then doing another *coughBrad&Angelinacough*

Desiree~ Youngun’ plays travel or competitive soccer. He’s been with his current team for going on two years and loves it. It keeps us way busy, but as long as he wants to play and gives his best effort, I’ll do what I have to do. I really liked the first MI, but got over them pretty quickly after that. Of course, part of that could be my aversion to Tom Cruise, but that’s another story altogether.

Okay, I've to be off towards home. I'll check in later.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Do any of you girls have the book Crushed Seraphim. It could be a different title when it was fan fic. It is by Debra Anastasia and she wrote the fan fic Poughkeepsie. I have that one but not this. Thanks girls.
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Lurking again... Well actually, I was lurking last night. Technically I'm not lurking now, am I? :P

Anyway, I'll let her give you all the details, but I went over to Christina's yesterday to spend the afternoon with her and help her set up a WiFi router in her apartment. Unfortunately we had a lot more trouble with it than we should have, and while the router works while unsecured, once we established a password for the thing, we couldn't connect anything to it. It was a major pain for what's supposed to be a relatively easy installation, but at least we got to see each other and get caught up. I'm sure she'll make her way on here soon. At least, she might when she gets the router working. Stupid thing... :dizzy:

Other than that, things here are stagnant. I'm writing again, as much as I can, but still have a lot on my plate to deal with. Sadly, I've had to ask my husband for a separation, and even more sadly, he's refused; which makes the entire ordeal about 1000 times more complicated than it needs to be and only magnifies my already precarious position. For those of you who are not aware, I've been a stay-at-home mom for the last twelve years and live about 2000 miles away from my nearest relative. While I'm certainly not helpless, I do feel very much caught between a rock and a hard place. I have no income of my own to pull from to establish a new household without him, and the letter of the law is on his side as far as my ability to take my children out-of-state to start over with the aide loved ones until I can make it on my own. Adding insult to injury, (as a few of you can attest to) it is proving a very difficult time to find a job. I suppose it doesn't help that I have to ask for limited hours until I can be certain my children are looked after at all times, but still... it kinda sucks.

So, now that I've completely depressed you all... :? I'll say goodnight. I'm going to work on some writing a bit and peruse the internet any new possible job openings in my area. I may also have a glass of wine. Maybe not though. It tends to make me sleepy.

Catch you lovlies later!

~Ginnie

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'all! I am checking in for just a quick hello! Tonight is my last night in Hot Springs, and I have so enjoyed my visit! I'll be packing up and loading up the car for the trip home in the morning. I am ready to see my Baby Bella. Today has been an absolutely beautiful day, and I have taken advantage of it by sitting out on the porch all day doing the inventory portion of my 12 step recovery program, Celebrate Recovery. So... it's been a bit of a hard day emotionally, and I am just about spent! I am chatting on FB and CM enjoying a large citrus cooler (my newest adult beverage concoction). I'll try and check in again tomorrow night when I get off the road and have Baby Bella settled in for the night! :D

Ginnie~~ ((((HUGS!)))) That's all I can say for now, Hon! My heart goes out to you!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Ginnie~ *hugs* Aww, sweets, I'm sorry. I wish there were more I could do or say. But, just know that we're all here for you whenever and however you need us. Holding you in my heart, hon.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS