Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by openfire »

I am simply LOVING all the photos that have been put onto fb so far so the HHCon2012!

:D :D

Susie - Love the buddy idea!! Thanks for organising that! Can't wait to hear all the updates ;)

Ginnie - LOL, that is strange that Midway doesn't have a Starbucks! I thought it was a big airport LOL! Does it have another major coffee supplier, maybe they don't like to be in competition with each other LOL!
Have an awesome time Ginnie!

Songbird - Hey there! I am so glad you enjoyed paris!! That's where my hubs & I got engaged, so I have fond memories of the city :)
Yep, so far, that new job is pretty good. It's quite different to what I done before, but it is very interesting. And it's really busy - which is good!

I'm off to check out more of the fb updates! Catch you later!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's school holidays as of next week, and I am trying to think of things to do to keep my son amused. It's so hard. I find school holidays very draining.

Songbird - my 'flu is marginally better, but it's hanging on. It's three weeks today since I got it. Yes, once your fan page gets up beyond about 500 fans Facebook only sends your updates around to about 10% of your fans. If you want them to go to more, you have to pay money. There was a post about it on the TL blog page not long ago. Business is still quiet, but we're hoping it will pick up in the new financial year, which is only a week away.

Everyone have fun at HH Con!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Songbird: Those were doctor visits over my anxiety and stuff to see if I qualify for Social Security benefits. I don't really think I do, but this place I work for wanted me to give it a shot, anyways. Kinda a complicated process, and I'll email my contact about a phone call that I was supposed to have been given this week that I don't think I got or the message got erased off the answering machine.

Everyone: Enjoy HH con for everyone who's been able to go. I'll be enjoying my road racing weekend. I have some cooking shows to watch, some dinner to eat (fish and fries, or chicken taco salad), and some GT4 to play. Currently, I'm waiting for the rain showers and thunderstorms to come--it'll cool things down for one thing, as many of your in Chicago will attest to, and I like watching distant lightning storms at night. Don't worry, I wait until they're approaching and keep in mind the rule about distance, and when they're well past.

Also, has anyone seen what happened when paps showed up at LAX when Kristen got home? She was treated like a caged animal, and some of those (bleeps) reportedly tried to follow her home! Now that's just sick and pathetic. If I ran the world, those guys would get locked up for 25 to life, and be forced to get real jobs.

Well, I gotta end on a high not, so here's a video of how the Audi R18 e-tron quattro works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUZHD0j2d34

And an onboard from the winning car, demonstrating when the hybrid system is working (the whine under braking and on acceleration):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcNvS7dvK7g

Better sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfCKPoJ2 ... re=related

And if you think that's bad, someone made 2 compilation videos of on boards from the winning #1 Audi, and someone also, albeit on accident, made a 4+hour long video of footage recorded from the #1's on-board during the morning. So I guess if anyone gets bored, I can send them those videos, I guess :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Hey sisters (and brother)
Just a few notes...I know I'll never catch up but here's few I glanced at.

Songbird: I don't know how much I will do actually on a mountain...I'm still re-learning to ride a bike. I realized it's been 30 years since I was on one and this one has brakes and gears. Wore myself slap out Tuesday and that was only about 6 miles. But I know it will do me some good since it is exercise and he'll have his buddies if he wants to do that gravity defying stuff.
Release date for BD 2 is November 16th in the states. That's a Friday so I've already got it off work :clap: .
I'm glad you had a nice time in Paris!

Lynn: I noticed that part too. I've said this before, but they always seem to show scenes in the trailer that never make it to the movie. I've seen some in the trailer that didn't even make the deleted scene sections.
Did you notice how small the group was running towards each other. It only looked like the Cullens and about twice as many Volturi. I'll have to watch again, but I'm wondering if this is the vision. The reason they do get more together for witnesses...

I haven't gotten my extra copies of the magazine yet. Jaclyn, if you want me to send your copy send me a PM with an address. And please let me know which cover you'd like. I got three of the the one with just Edward, Bella and Renesmee, but I will have 2 of the one with those three and Jacob. I only need 4 of them. One for the boys' collection I've been working, my own and my sister. So the other will be up for grabs. I never saw them in the stores. I wonder if they are going to do a People magazine special edition like they have previously....

Alright, I'm off to bed. One more week til VACATION!! YAY...
Hope ya'll are having a wonderful time in Chicago and hope it's not as hot there. It's been in the 90's with 30some % humidity. Sauna...

Night!
Grayce
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Grayce - that's a very good point actually. Because you know what I remember about that small group? NO WOLVES. And Alice can't see them ... I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure there are no wolves in that shot.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Okay, I've double checked. There ARE wolves in that shot, so it can't be a vision of Alice's unless they've decided to toss the fact that she can't see them out the window, which is not impossible. However, I think it's unlikely. So I think that is, indeed, a shot in real time.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Grayce, how sore is your bum?? When I first rode a bike after 20 years, I was SOOOO sore the next day! I could hardly sit down! But it IS good exercise...kudos to you. 6 MILES??? That's great!

Lynne, are you ok? My friend in Oz said that they are getting flooding and some people have already been evacuated. Her kids' schools have already been evacuated and some friends of hers asked her to pick up their son because they are stuck where they are, and other friends are coming to stay with her because their home is in an evac area and they can't go there.

Sean, when you say "The people you work for", you have a job already? What are you doing?

Jaclyn, that's sweet...where did he propose then?

I'm sitting here waiting for the repairman...I HATE how they give you a huge window and you just have to sit at home waiting for them. The dishwasher stopped working 3 days ago, which isn't a big deal for ME, as dishes are Hubs' territory, though he hasn't had time to do them lately because of the dishwasher being broken...so I've had piles of dishes on the counter and we've just been washing what we need by hand. But the waiting sucks...and they were supposed to be here between 9 and noon...it's 11 and there's no sign of them...they'll probably get here just as I have to pick up the kids from school.

I got the school class lists for next year. My son will be in a class in which I know both teachers a little bit, thank goodness. Being a new school, I was worried about that, but Bug had one of them for a couple of days when she was in the special class, and the other was at the informational meeting about the special class because she used to teach it. So that's good...but there are 2 kids in his class that I know from his preschool that I was really hoping would NOT be in his class, and then the little brother of one of the boys in Bug's class that are the WORST behaved kids, so I'm not looking forward to that. I'm hoping he'll be friends with the OTHER boy from his preschool that I liked, and his older brother will be in Bug's class. He and Bug were in preschool together...between preschool, her current school, and the special class she was in, Bug knows more than half the kids in her class. And we are happy that she's in the class that doesn't have to move each day, so Bug will only have 2 teachers instead of 4. They have 2 classes for her grade, but then there's also the special class...so they have divided it so that the majority of the kids are in one class. Then in the afternoon, the kids that have to go to the special program go to the other 1st grade classroom and the kids in that 1st grade classroom who DON'T have the special program, go to the larger 1st grade classroom for the afternoon session. But each of those classes has 2 teachers....1 for 2 days and the other for 3 days of the week. So if they are in the class that has to switch in the afternoon, they have one teacher on 2 mornings a week, another teacher on those afternoons, then a 3rd teacher in the mornings on the other 3 days and a 4th teacher in the afternoons on those 3 days. Talk about confusing for the kids! So we're relieved that Bug got into the one that stays put in the afternoon. They put all the kids from her current school in that class so they are all together, which has it's advantages and disadvantages. (ie: the boy that runs on top of tables, and likes to karate chop the other kids, and has ZERO respect for authority already at 7, will still be in Bug's class, which I thought they were going to a different school...very disappointed to find him on the class list. But hopefully these teachers will be more strict about that. He's a year older than Bug and I was looking forward to him being in a different class already this year, but he got held back.) I'll get to meet her teachers on July 4th. And I'm glad she knows so many of the kids already...and her best friends from the special class are in her class for next year, too, so that's great. I think I'm more anxious about the transfer than the kids are!

Ok, it's 11:40 and no repairman has been here...20 minutes left in the window they set...and I have to leave in 15 to go pick up the kids from school. Grrrrrr!!!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hello from Chicago!
Oh my Rob, we are having so much fun here. Let's see...Ann Marie is one lucky lady. She won an autographed Eclipse book by SM. We must have stayed up til passed midnight talking and laughing. It's so exciting getting to know these incredible ladies on a one-to-one base. The conversations: what's going to happen in BD2, the wigs in the stories, The Host, ActionRob, Rob's backside....

Grayce - good for you for bike riding. I haven't ridden a bike in years. Six miles is a lot to be proud of.
Songbird - I hate when the repairmen tell you that. The satellite people will tell you that they will be there from 8:00 to 2:00pm. WHY?? I know how you worry about Bug. When I put Monkey in daycare, I knew that their were kids there that were troublemakers. Don't be supprised if Bug brings home bad habits or words.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy Friday all!

I am still LOVING the photos & updates! I am so happy that we are getting to see what you have been up to, and can't wait for you to post all about what you get up to. It does make me sad as well though that I can't be there, but I am SOOOO happy that it worked out for so many of us!! It's just possible the coolest thing ever!!

Grayce - Aw, thank you so much, but when you posted the link on fb to buy EW online, I thought that meant you weren't able to get me one. Marielle has actually picked me up one while she is in the States... Sorry!! I hope that is ok :)

Songbird - He just proposed in our hotel room. He said he was planning on doing it up the Eifel Tower, but a one-legged pigeon put him off LOL.

Amy - Thanks for the update :) It sounds, just completely, awesome. I really hope I will be privelleged to meet all you ladies at some point!!!

Like I said before, it's the Galaday tomorrrow... but the weather is TERRIBLE! It has been raining non-stop, and places are starting to really flood. There is thunder & lightening, and the rain is to keep coming all night & all day tomorrow :( It's such a shame! It will be a total washout, and may even get cancelled!!

Need to run - gotta go collect BabyE & YoungB now! Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

i agree with jaclyn, i'm just loving all the updates, pictures and randomness you guys in chicago are posting on our Facebook group page. it's so much seeing what's going on! i can just imagine how crazy and fun it is--it was like that when amy, joyce, brenda and i got together some months back. rob's halfway house sisters are the best! :lol:

please keep the updates and pictures coming!

congrats ann marie on your win, wow!