Trying to stay caught up with my life. Tomorrow will be crucial. I will have to discipline myself not to goof off, but to get work done before I play (unlike tonight). Things are pretty good - got the van although we still have to finish the financing; got a bunch of checks in today, so hopefully we can continue to pay the mortgage and bills.
- That footballer pic is from the VF 2009 shoot. Lots of sisters asking, so here's the link
. Take your time. But not if there are cockroaches around *shudder*
- That's the spirit! Marielle's idea of missionary work with your church was BRILLIANT. No big committment. Travel with people who will try to keep you safe. Meaningful and hopefully interesting work. Big change of scene. I know, it sounds kind of scary too, but think about it. Maybe a 1 month thing? Even if it's just doing charitable work in the UK? Maybe try a weekend first.
- What a good plan - a CNA so you can pay your way through school in interior design. That's great! Glad to hear grandpa is doing better. Tim Burton is a genius, so his Sleeping Beauty will undoubtedly be stunning and unexpected. Do you not like Angelina Jolie? As an actress or as a celebrity? Her looks took quite a while to grow on me, but I think she's quite a good actress.
- In the very long picnic that is the HH, you have merely strolled down to the creek for a few minutes. We're still here, and happy to welcome you back into the conversation whenever.
- I know, sometimes it seems silly to make a big deal about the Grand Canyon. But it's a really BIG hole in the ground, and interesting. Did you know there is still a viable Native American village at the bottom somewhere? I'll try to check it out whenever we get back there to overnight. Are you happy with your Nook? Can the same format e-book be read on either the Nook or Kindle, or are they customized for just one?
- Yes, you will be our new Westernmost sister! So Cali ... will you pick up a pair of binoculars so you can scout for Rob?
OMG, someone is threatening to take your daughter away?! So over the top judgmental. Small piece of info to use as you wish: both hubby boy and I work in local child welfare, and whenever someone privately tries to use the court to say someone is an unfit parent, here at least, the state child welfare system ALWAYS gets involved. Usually the people end up regretting going thru the courts, unless it truly is a very bad situation. If you think this person could be serious at all ... well like I said, use the info as you see fit.
- If you're reading, hope you are doing well!
- I love LotR, but I seem to be in the minority here. I began reading it before I hit my teens and it is really in my head as much as Twilight. But nothing is for everybody. Finally read your THG review. Yes, Woody Harrelson was born to play Haymitch! Great casting. The first book does follow a natural progression that is well suited to film, so it will be interesting to see how they work out Books 2 and 3, which are quite different. I will await your opinion. Sounds like Little Man is making a good transition to school! Sorry about your former worker backstabbing you that way. And about how your publisher/boss' finances impact yours. At least she's honest with you, and tells you to take the day off, instead of lying.
- The fanfic world seems to have experienced a general holiday and post-holiday slump in productivity, so you are not alone in having trouble getting going. I kinda wonder if it's related to the increased employment in the US, though - like, we are generally busier working, so have less time to write. You should be able to use the Internet at either your hotel or a coffee shop on your vacation to email your mom, to maybe avoid sky-high phone rates. Maybe you could develop a code so that she's sure it is you and you're ok? You're right - a wig will never, ever look right on Rob - they'd better be shooting from a long ways away. BTW is "Drag Racing with Alice and Edward" for real, or did you get a custom one? Cuz that is so on for you right now!
- That's an AWESOME prank. You should be an honorary Cullen. I will be careful to try to stay on your good side!
- "Wouldn't you love to shave him" didn't sound improper until you said. *giggle*
n - If you're watching Rob's back I'm right next to you with popcorn. Hypnotic! Your new project sounds incredible and really meaningful. Good luck with it! Biology is not for me, I love understanding the mind, but I boycotted high school biology when we dissected fetal pigs. Thanks for asking, the new van is very nice, a little more open feeling than the old one.
- Sorry to not address the Gangster Tour earlier. If it's not too pricey it would be very fun, but really, any walking tour would be great, and lots of cities have self-guided ones that are free or close to. With all the movie watching we are bound to do, we should definitely stretch our legs once in a while!
To everyone I missed - hugs.