Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to work for Rochelle again today, so I can't stay long.

I've seen the teaser for the teaser. There was a bit of complaint about it at twifans. One person didn't like the fact that Edward seems to find it awkward to pick up Renesmee because she's so big. Another found Alice's line poorly acted. I think the line she gives is a construction for the trailer, probably out of a few different lines she says, which accounts for the awkwardness in it. They did the same thing in NM, and in one of the Bel Ami trailers, and it's so easy to hear I wonder why they bother to do it. Having read both these opinions before I'd even watched the teaser, they have coloured my view of it, so I'll wait to see the full one before I judge what I think of it all.

Ginnie - you have had a busy time. Congrats to your daughter at getting into the school, and to both your kids in doing so well at the recital. I hope you get that job!

Raine - Baby Jayne is sooo cute!

Caryn - that shot of Rosalie showing Renesmee to Bella is lovely, isn't he? I'm guessing that's the scene where the robotic baby was used. I wonder if we'll be able to tell ...

Jaclyn - yes, I think we'll both have to commiserate with each other!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Anyone see Kristen at the Oz SWATH premiere? She looked good in that dress, but she'd have looked better with her hair down instead of that pinned braid, like what she had for the LA SWATH screening, which suited that outfit. But overall, Kristen looked very good.

Also, Audi TV has some short videos up from Le Mans detailing the race for you to watch.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

HAPPY 111th BIRTHDAY EDWARD!!!

Hey everyone! Again I have to appologize for being MIA lately. And I'm not even going to pretend I can catch up anytime soon. I'm freaking stressed at the moment with the internship, my grandmother in the hospital and my roommates having a fight so big I wonder why WW3 hasn't started already. I've tried to be Switzerland for a long time, but the things one of them does, are just about to put me over the edge. I fear everything might blow up in my face today and when I finally loose my composure it won't be pretty. Maybe I'm just getting too riled up, bit not even the teaser-for-the-teaser could cheer me up yesterday... That's saying something... Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble on about my issues...

Safe travels everyone preparing to go to HHcon! Let me know when/if/how we could have an international chat session.
Miss you! Bye!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning siblings.

Stopping by to drop off Edward's birthday present.

Looks like they did Edward proud.

I have many thoughts onthe trailer. More than anything else, I think this is a good introduction to the action, to the path the film will take. I'm hoping that we get more character-driven scenes in the next one. I really just want to see a glimpse of Edward, Bella and Ness as a family. I'm excited, but it is bittersweet. So hard to see the end is near.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

LOVE THE TRAILER!!

Wow. I know Caryn is concerned about the proportion of action scenes to the more character-driven, emotional scenes, but I think this is just the formula for trailers to get people into the theatres. I think we will be quite happy with the balance. I mean, why would Bill Condon change his philosophy/approach THAT much?

By the way, Happy Birthday, Edward! I hope you like your present from Summit.

Now – on to your posts:

Grayce - Agree, it is a very good look for Bella.

Lynne – Happy Lexiversary! Glad you’re feeling better finally.

Brenda – Glad you liked that little gif I posted last week. What a coincidence! I got my hubs a smart phone for Father’s Day too!

Marielle – I’m so glad you think the U.S. is beautiful. Just think, you’re only seeing part of it – we’ve got deserts and tropics (almost) and mountains and ocean and lakes… You’ll have to come again!

Tonise
– My advice regarding Scott – you’re right, men are from Mars. So, keep in mind that lack of communication in the sense that it isn’t done as fast and in the mode that we prefer, doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not interested. Men don’t really think about these things during the day. They are in work mode and then all of a sudden, they get off work and think, “It would be nice to go out with my sweetie now.” Don’t do the passive aggressive thing – just let him be a silly man. Thanks for the reminder that you’re staying overnight in Birmingham tonight.

Ginnie – SO HAPPY FOR ALL THOSE HAPPY THINGS!! Congrats to Daughter for getting into the school. Is the location better for you than the public school option? I remember you talking about it being too far away.

Raine – Thanks for checking in with us! Aww… You make such a great Auntie! What a lucky little girl Baby Jayne is.

JennJenn – I’m so happy the move was good for you and your daughter! I’ll look forward to seeing you here on the Lex more often.

Suzan – Roommates having a fight? Are these the same girls you’ve lived with for a while, or is there someone new. Let’s see, the only thing to fight about is the kitchen and the bathroom and maybe hanging laundry in the hall? Sorry to hear your grandma is in the hospital.

Sean
– It sounds like you prefer to see Kristen’s hair down in its full glory rather than restrained in any way.

Amy – Sounds like a fun Father’s Day for your family. You’re so right about getting those kids good and tired so they go to bed easily!

Jaclyn – Sorry, I don’t know about the Skyping – it will be someone else’s department, but you will for sure know about it as soon as we have a plan. I realize that you’ll need some advance notice. LOVED your photo for Caryn. It actually made me stop beathing for a moment, and I’m not even kidding.

Caryn – Very nice tribute to your hubs on Father’s Day! What did you do for your two dads? I too LOVE the DaddyWard still of Edward picking up Renesmee! *sigh*

See you later today.....
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hello folks,

I am, once again, knackered! Work is busy, and I am constantly running about - getting plenty exercie I guess LOL!

Tonight I am heading over to my moms for tea, as my hubs is away overnight for a works thing again. Should be the last one for a wee while.

Suzan - Sorry about all the stuff you have going on just now. Is your grandmother ok? Why are your roommates fighting? How long left of your internship? Is it the experiments that are stressing you out (eg, are they not doing what you expected etc)? I hope everything smoothens out for you soon!

Susie - Yeah if you guys are doing a Skype session, I need to know asap as it is our local Gala Day on Saturday, and BabyE and YoungB will be here. I will still be able to do a Skype I think, but need to know so I know to bring the laptop with me or not LOL.
Glad you liked my RobPic - it certainly is a good one!

Gotta go! Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hello, Siblings!! I just can't believe that in less than 24 hours, I will be in CHICAGO and already chatting it up with many of my HH SISTERS!!! :clap: :clap:
The date with Detective Scott went very well last night. We had dinner at Steak and Shake and then went to play a few games of pool where I s u c k e d BIG toes, as usual! :lol: But, it was fun to relax and laugh a bit. Then, we went by Starbucks and had an iced coffee and did some more talking in the car until he went home. He'd been out in the sun mowing his yard and was a little drained. Anyhoo... the conversation last night was a little more serious than usual. We have a difference of opinion on a couple of spriritual issues. Nothing that is deal-breaking. He has just been severely messed up by a wife of 17 years that "he says" he did everything in his power to make happy and she left him and the kids in the end. So, I keeping it real and just giving him time and space when he needs it. I'm sooooo okay with taking it slow and making sure it's right this time. But, there is going to come a point where I want to know if he ever sees it going anywhere permanent. I don't want to be still seeing him a year down the road and there not be a chance of a future. I'm not into the spinning my wheels thing.
Ok... I am all packed up. Bella is packed up and ready to spend some time with her Aunt Shena and Cousin Mattie Grace. I'm going to sign off of the computer - I'm taking my iPad to Chicago, but not the lap top - and get somewhat - not a lot - spruced up for the day and go get an early dinner before my Celebrate Recovery Step meeting tonight. After the meeting, I'm dropping Bella off and heading to B'ham for the night! Then... early in the morning, I'll be on a plane headed to CHICAGO! HH CON 2012 is almost here!! :clap: :clap:
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Hump Day!!

Hope you all had a pleasant Father's Day. I actually spent most of Saturday with my dad. We went to a movie and then an early dinner, both his choice. We saw Prometheus and while it had a somewhat interesting storyline, it's just too much horror for my taste. :nea: But if you liked Alien, this film is right up your alley. It's actually an Alien prequel of sorts.

I've spent all day getting ready for HHCon and I'm just about done. :clap: I am so excited to be meeting up so many of my sisters tomorrow! I'm probably going to have trouble getting to sleep tonight. I'm not likely to get much sleep during the trip either, knowing how chatty we all can be. ;) Good thing I took next Monday and Tuesday off work too so I'll have time to recover. :lol:

I was very excited to see the BD2 teaser trailer this morning and have probably hit replay on it at least 50 times. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, although I'm still disappointed about Renesmee's aging. I'm really hoping that the fight scene at the end of the trailer is one of Alice's visions or something though. I don't want to see the Volturi face-off turned into a melee. SM specifically said she wrote it the way she did because would've been a bloodbath if it had come to a fight.

Okay I'm off to put the last few things together for my trip. Have a good night everyone! :wave:
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi All!

Happy Hump Day, Indeed! (Sorry I come empty handed)

We so feel bad that not everyone is able to come to Chicago for the HHCON, so in order to keep everyone together, at least in mind, we've paired up one HHCON sibling with one who is not attending. This will be your buddy. Expect to hear from that person a couple of times a day during the convention. Have fun!

Here are the pairings:

Chrissy –Susie
Desiree - Amy
Grayce - Joyce
Jaclyn –Tracy and Ginnie
JennJenn –Ann Marie
Lulu - Brenda
Lynne - Christina
Raine –Caryn
Sean - Tonise
Songbird -Ashley
Suzan - Marielle

Sorry if I missed someone! Let me know and I'll get someone paired up with you ASAP!!

See you all this weekend either in person, or in virtual reality!!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Susie: Good idea on the paring, but then again, I didn't inform anyone how my Le Mans weekend was going, and I doubt that any of you would've gone for the idea of a LM24 party, as most of you probably wouldn't be able to stay awake though the whole race broadcast, and most of you probably aren't big race fans--I know that Marielle, Ann Marie, and to an extent Caryn are, but most would be lost in that world, even those who are kinda motorsport fans. I was barely able to stay up for it, and I'm 25, and I can already tell you that it doesn't get any easier as you get older. I don't know how Audi Sport boss Wolfgang Ullrich, who's gotta be well into his 60s, does it every year. So I guess that it's maybe a good thing that I'm not there, and and that Le Mans was last weekend--only maybe Marielle or Ann Marie would join in, and I might disturb some--well, most--of you just by being awake with the TV on if I had to share a room.

But still, a good idea on keeping us informed, but I don't know how this will work for me--currently, I'm sleeping until sometime in the early afternoon, and I'm usually offline by 11:00 usually at night. Will this be Facebook or forum posts here?

BD2 trailer: I saw it and liked the visuals, but I hope that the fight scene was an Alice vision--one of the things that Summit has failed at is keeping fully within the canon of the novels for the films. An added fight scene just to draw in guys or for the sake of it is kinda a crap move in my book. As for Nessie's aging, I think that Caryn did a good job explaining that on the HH Facebook page--you can't expect a little girl to do the things that Renesmee does, so there had to be a bit of a trade off to make everything work.

LM24 fact: Even though she didn't drive a car, there was a female winner in the Audi camp. Leena Gade won Le Mans for the second year in a row as race engineer on the #1 Audi that won, and she won with the same paring of Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Marcel Fassler, who were the driving team that also won in 2011. She's not the first female to win Le Mans to have an association with Audi, either. Before she won races for Audi in the World Rally Championship, Michelle Mouton had a class win at the 1975 24 Hours of Le Mans. However, Leena was the first woman to have won Le Mans overall as far as having an active role with the winning team.

Me: I'll be having dinner soon, and I'll be checking out some cooking shows and playing some GT4. So not much for me going on tonight, aside from the fact that it's as hot as hell here! At least everyone at HHCon will get the cooler rain tomorrow--I still have a day to wait! :(

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/