Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

I'm still here! And I agree with your take on K&R, Sean. Just because they may have met up doesn't mean they're getting back together. They could be just making sure things will be okay on the red carpet at the BD2 premiere. A meeting is a long way from a reconciliation.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Lynne: That's what I'm pointing out; a meeting doesn't automatically mean a reconciliation. It can, but it's premature to judge. I do see a preponderance of evidence to suggest that Kristen and Rob may be considering getting back together, but I can't make a definitive call on that. And that's based on me not knowing them, never being in a relationship with another woman, and knowing how H'wood and the media work. And just because everyone's saying it doesn't necessarily mean it's fact, only time will tell on that.

Everyone: Anyone also check out the photos of Lia/Fallen One that I posted links to? What does everyone think? At least she's a Twilight fan and a fan of vampire stuff in general.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hi siblings! Back for the weekend. Happy to see things are popping more here!

I got a speeding ticket today - I deserved it, absolutely. I got cited for "waste of finite resources." I have never, ever smiled at a ticket before. :D (Y'all remember the quote, of course.) I have been busy busy, but not quite crazy busy. I have been settling work stuff and touching up a fragment I wrote a while ago to post on my fanfic site, more of a Twilight outtake than a separate story. I seem to think in terms of outtakes, Steph left us so many things happening behind the scenes and outside the margins, and some because she was writing PG-13. It's nice to at least be trying to write a bit.

I figured since no one was talking the Sun story on FB, you'd be discussing it here. I would like to believe it, but the rumors of them getting back together are starting to be like it used to be with the rumors of them getting married. I'll believe it when I see it. And I don't think they would ever get back together for any reason but the right one. I find it unlikely that any sources with any real connection would open their yaps about their personal lives ever again. I appreciate the GossipCop update, Marielle, and I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up. Whatever makes them happy ... whatever makes them happy ...

Austin - The chocotini sounds absolutely decadent. I am too lazy to make it myself, but the next time I have a bartender handy, I will ask for one. Perhaps you can be the official HH beach chef? Well, I wish you had won your bowling game, but that is what you get for hassling the ladies at the HH. I am a little split on Lainey's quote about THG. I thought Josh Hutcherson did a pretty good job as a shortish, sturdy baker's boy. He is a little doe-eyed, but it's kind of hard to do much about the shape of your eyes, and I certainly didn't think he looked 13. I did come in reading the books first though. I thought they did a good job portraying a very ambiguous relationship between them - not perfect, but good. Definitely the flashback could have been done better. I guess it depends on how you see it though. I never read any of it as romantic on Kat's part; I read her as a fairly traumatized survivor who has been so busy surviving that romance is not even on her radar. As Gale says in a later book (spoiler): she'll be with whichever one of them she can't live without. But you're dead on about Liam. WHOA. Please, no one post pics of Rob and Liam-as-Gale at the same time. My heart will not survive. :swoon:

Desiree - Hi! Yes, the ending of SWatH was a little too ambiguous for me too. It would be incredible if it announced a release date for MS! But that's even less likely than Robsten.

Grace - So glad to see you back, honey, I've been wondering where you were! Sounds like you have been super busy. Congrats on coming off the Wellbutrin, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jaclyn - Yes, US lottery winnings are taxed at about 60%, I think, but only over a certain level. If you win $2 on a ticket, I don't think they tax you at all: but if you win $100 mil, $60 mil is gone before you can blink. I don't know at what level they start taxing, though, or if it goes up incrementally. Sadly, I have never had reason to know.

Lulu - It sounds like they are scheduling the marathons to start earlier the same day, with BD2 showing at midnight or even earlier. I think it's great that you and hubs have a tradition of going together and I don't want to interfere with that. Maybe you could marathon with whoever can make it, and break to see BD2 with hubs? We might even be in the same theater, but sitting separate or together - whatever works for you guys.

Lynne - Yay for being paid for your work! Maybe the guy will get a lot of benefit out of your comments. I was looking at someone's painting at work today, then reading your post about book covers. If colors, fall, and painting are all important, how about kind of an atmospheric image in bold colors - a kind of natural fall kind of painting, but with the proportions bigger than normal, and in colors more intense than nature? Here is are some examples of what I'm thinking: something atmospheric like this but with brighter colors likethis that maybe echo your rainbow eyes. A little less like a photograph and more like a painting - a tiny bit impressionistic in that way. Maybe an image of a person or people, or school, or a path. Or maybe the natural picture will work better in transitioning to the other book covers. You know that Kayla is an artist, right? I don't know if she's taking work now, or if you want to enter into a financial relationship with a friend over something as subjective as art. But I think if she took it, she would work with integrity.

Marielle - I'm not sure Miss Universe would do so much worse a job running a country than some of the other leaders. A well-run country tends to run itself, anyway, which is the point of institutions. And I think a smut writing platform would at least bring more happiness into the world. Good poster analysis, now Bella is the defender, not Edward or Jacob. Girl Power! I have some sympathy for Kris still wearing Rob's clothes. I suspect she just grabbed them when she packed from the old house - their stuff was likely mixed together. But I remember a bad break up when I was a little younger than Kris, and I was certifiably nutso for a good 2 weeks. And we hadn't been together more than a few months. You seem to pick very cute houses, sweetie. As long as someone you trust looks at the infrastructure, I think you will make a good choice.

Sean - Hi! Girlfriends typically do not like to borrow razors - it's icky and we're not trying to upset you. But sometimes we might be at the house and without a razor. Good preventative action is making sure you have a fresh disposable where she can find it. For when the information is needed ;)

Songbird - My mom is allergic to mold and mildew, and we live in a desert. It doesn't take much if you are allergic, so it sounds like you all are not, which is great. But still good to get it out - chronic mold exposure in the States gets linked, at least, anecdotally, to some wierd and unpleasent chronic sicknesses. It sounds like you had fun with the kitchen! Absolutely send pix of friend books and we will be trendsetters - as there are three of my girls, they can work at it together. Send pics to my FB! I'm glad you are still in touch with your friend.

Susie - I REMEMBER ROMPER ROOM! I have no idea how much I watched it, though. Mostly I remember Sesame Street, The Electric Company, and Captain Kangaroo. The L-word ... I had to think about that, and it made me chuckle. That and Xanadu! You're so cute, honey. I'm glad your Toastmaster's went well! I'm still hoping for the big lottery and premiere in LA, but SWHH in Phoenix is much more likely. I got my last HumpDay pic from a Twitter friend, but I'm not sure where it's from. He looks like Jacob Jankowski to me. Sonny Boy's schedule sounds wonderful to me. I agree with Jaclyn - I don't think Kat just ended up with Peeta. I think Gale would have jumped at the chance to be with her. But Peeta had been through what she had been through, and he was her sunshine - she needed him to heal at all. Gale, bless him, did not have that kind of relationship with her. He couldn't heal her, and he didn't need her the way Peeta needs her emotionally. IMO. My whole perception of the books is premised on my view of Katniss as profoundly traumatized by the loss of her father and emotional abandonment by her mother that nearly resulted in her death and her sister's.

Suzan - In the US they have academic guidelines about when you HAVE to give someone author's credit. So I hope you get it, it will such a big deal for you. Here is a link to a pic of a Twilight toy car. I'll let you know when they come out! S'posed to be October.

Tracy - I'm sure you're right about the CGI, because there is also no way Kris is that tall compared to either of them. It's unfortunate - Jacob should look huge, but it doesn't make sense for Kris, and Rob just ends up looking tiny, whereas he and Kris should look normal and Taylor as Jake should look oddly big. Of course no offense to Taylor! Most child stars are on the short side, it's an advantage to you as a child actor. Rob is just different that way, but then, I don't know if he did much acting before he hit his teens?
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Brenda - yes, I know that quote! :) I probably would have smiled too. I like your ideas, although it's difficult to work the colours in with something that relates to the book (believe me, we're trying). We may have come up with something that is an iconic symbol in the book and use it in much the same way that the Mockingjay pin is used on the latest cover of The Hunger Games. We're seeing what we can do with it. I wouldn't have any objection to working with Kayla, except that we couldn't pay her very much, and I wouldn't want her to start work on an image only to have me say it doesn't work and pull out. That wouldn't be fair on her. Rochelle has some people and she's talking to them at the moment, so we'll see what happens.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I'm about to go to bed, with a couple of songs stuck in my head--and yes, they're fairly obscure, so you've never heard of them more than likely. Good Night :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Thank you, Brenda! You know, I think I'm going to make it. I heard something the other day that made sense. "There is a happy ending in store for everyone. If you're not happy, then it's not the end."
I think having the faith that my Father was comfortable that his job raising us was done and it was time to go home. I think he must have known I would be okay without him even though at times it still takes my breath away at how much I miss him. I don't think the medicine was helping that and making the anxiety worse wasn't helping anything.

I guess I missed quite a few things. Do we have another brother in the HH?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Last edited by GrayceM on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grayce
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Howdy, all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am completely vegging out today. We went to my in-laws' on Friday night, dropped the kids off and went out for dinner at this Greek restaurant we love in Arnhem. So yummy! And I don't like walnuts, but for some reason I LOVE baklava! So we stuffed ourselves and then went back to my in-laws' house to sleep. Poor Mr. Man has not been sleeping well and I'm not sure if he's getting nightmares, or if his stomach is upset...we've all had a bit of upset stomach in the last several days, but he's still sleeping when I go in because he's crying. But he stretches out and then scrunches up and turns over like he's got stomach cramps...BUT, if I rub his tummy or his back for a couple of minutes and sing softly, it settles him and he'll sleep peacefully for an hour or two before the next episode. So I'm not sure what to think. But I had baked biscuits on Friday...and I'm lying in bed at midnight and realize that I don't remember turning the oven off before we left. So between MY upset stomach, Mr. Man crying in his sleep several times, and worrying about the oven, I did NOT sleep well. SO Hubs had to get up and drive 45 mins back home to turn the oven off, and then come back. Boy did I feel stupid! But everything was ok...I didn't burn the house down. So then Saturday I tried to figure out how to set my in-law's blueray/dvd player to region free so I could do my workout, but couldn't find anything. But I did the interview for the guy from my friend's church, then we went back to the in-laws and bought Chinese take-out for dinner and went to the carnival. I'll probably post pics later on FB. It was a really fun evening until Bug got diarrhea and soiled herself. Not fun...thank goodness the carnival was only about 5 minutes from my in-laws' house so we could get her cleaned up. Poor baby cried and cried. Not the greatest end to the evening.
The wallpaper people emailed and are coming Thursday and Friday (if necessary) to remove the old paper, clean the mold off the wall, and put up the new paper. YAY!!!

On to posts!

Sean, that's great that you got so much money on your card...and that you can withdraw money from the card so you have cash. That's a great way to solve that problem of not being able to use the card everywhere! As far as where everyone is, didn't Susie say she had somewhere to go? And Tracy said she was at a retreat, and Tonise is sick again, we were gone for our anniversary...I'm sure it will pick back up on Monday. And I'm with Brenda on the razors...I can't imagine WANTING to use my husband's razor if there's a way around it. For one, I think they are made slightly differently for men and women, though I'm not positive. But it just seems so unsanitary...if you nick yourself, you get bacteria and such on the razor..then if the gf comes along and nics herself, that's not good. Razors and toothbrushes are just things that shouldn't be shared. Should you have a gf that comes over for a night, it would be good to have disposables at her disposable and just let her know she's welcome to use one.

Austin, I am sorry you lost in bowling...no ponies for you!

Lynne, I thought you already had a retaining wall in place for the flooding? Or was that not finished? Wow...that sounds like hard homework for littleman. Isn't he in kindergarten? I realize he's in advanced reading, but can he write as well? I think writing sentences about a book seems a bit much. Just because they can read doesn't mean they have the motor skills to write yet!

Desiree, we went out for Greek food. We dressed up and everything..just a nice evening away from the kids and we got back just in time to tuck the kids in bed!

Grayce, long time no see!! Glad you stopped in! Wow...did you know the boys' mother was planning on moving? Was it a last minute decision for the youngest to go with her? I bet that's a huge change. Wow...mountain biking...it seems so intimidating to me. Are you enjoying it? And how is the new boss? Is it a GOOD change? Yay for getting off the meds! Were the anxiety attacks a side effect of them? Why is it that you aren't sure about a marathon for BD? Is that too late for you or you just don't want to sit through all the movies? Here they have 2 different kinds of marathons...some theaters are doing ALL the movies, and some are just doing Part1 and Part 2 of BD...I'm going to that. I can't sit through all the movies, and I don't have the time anyway. And yes, we have another brother. Austin has posted on other parts of the forum for a long time, but just recently joined us (or possibly RE-joined) here in the HH after the Kristen scandal.

Brenda, was the finite resource gasoline/oil? That's amusing...did he realize he was quoting Twilight? I will send you some links to friend books. Different ones ask for different things, so I'll have to translate some for you. You'll be rich!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody.

I hope you are all having a good sunday. I had a busy day with my best friend and her kids...pffff... they are almost 2 and 4. I know now for sure... one kids if more than enough... they are so tiring...
I don't have much energy to type a full post. I'll do that tomorrow. I just wanted to drop in to tell you all...

I'VE GOT TICKETS FOR THE MARATHON!!!!!! ON THE 13TH OF NOVEMBER I'LL BE SPENDING THE DAY IN THE CINEMA!!!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Songbird: Card has worked fine so far--bought a shaver and sneakers a Walmart and some stuff from BK with it. I still have over $90 from the $100 that was withdrawn from it in case I need cash.

As far as razors, I don't know about the cheapo disposable ones being different between men and women, but I know that the more expensive ones are like that. But with that shaver, I hope that I don't have to use actual razors again any time soon.

Grayce: Yes, with Austin we have a new male visitor to the HH. He pops in usually every day now.

Everyone: I still have those songs in my head from last night--didn't help that I listened to one just recently, and it's addicting. Various media outlets still are running with the Kristen and Rob "reunion" stories, and have been repeating them over and over again, probably to get hits. I don't know about everything that they do, but for the tabloid deviants, Every thing that K & R touch for them turns to gold...whatever, meh :( I know a couple of guys--one for sure--who'd have some nice razors for them, as in some very big, sharp, nasty straight razors that were made for cutting though almost any material known to man--I for damn sure wouldn't trust one of these men with any sharp objects if I were on his bad side, I can say that as sure as hell. This is also the source of one of the songs I can't get out of my head, and that song, as I said, is really addicting to listen to.

I also can't get the pics of Lia out of my head. Aside from having more tattoos than in 2009/2010, she's really starting to remind me of how she looked back then, and in Fallen One's early days--it's all in the hair, it seems based on the photos from this weekend. And her singing is very, very addicting, too. Oddly enough, that's not the only thing that's been reminding me of '08/'09 time frame--Robsten rumors, me working (though having a job that I like), money in the bank, generally happy. All sounds really familiar to me.

Might make a bit of a shopping trip later on depending on if we still need something, but otherwise, I have no big plans tonight aside from getting something to eat--possibly steaks--and getting ready for work on Tuesday.

And what is it about NASCAR races anymore that make me wish I was watching Twilight?

I'll be back later :)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's the first day of school holidays and my son has pulled a muscle in his leg from trying to put his toes in his mouth ... as you do! We're going to do some cooking this morning and he has a dental appointment this afternoon, but that's as exciting as today gets.

Songbird - I'm glad you had a good time at the restaurant, but I'm sorry about Mr Man's stomach and not turning the oven off. No, we don't have a retaining wall in yet. We have been considering getting it done for some time, but now we can. Yes, Little Man is in the equivalent of the preschool/kindergarten year, but they push them hard here these days.

marielle - congratulations on having tickets for the marathon!

Sean - some songs are difficult to extricate once they're in there!