Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

I’m really excited!!! We went back to that house and we really liked it!!!
We are thinking about putting an offer in but we need to find out some technical details first. I’m going to contact our financial master mind and see if he has some decent answers for us.
EXCITING!!! :yahoo:

Besides that I’m in a pretty good mood. I have been downloading a lot of Woodstock music and I’m totally in the 60s/70s mood… peace, love and flowers!!!! Oh yeah and a bit of good rock’n’roll.

Oh Yeah not to mention that I’m in a bit of Legolas haze. I’m reading LoTR fanfic again and it sure hands out some good dreams…

All in all I’m feeling good!!!

Now posts…

Austin, I like your initial thought on a full circle Cullen future for an extra scene…it would be really nice if they do that. Maybe we will get Alice’s vision of the future. With her and Bella. I would be okay with that. Like I said to Lynne, as long as it’s not the pup.
Hihi, yes just to that MS scene and a release date right after. I would forgive SM any mistake she let the movie makers and scriptwriters make…

On the book that must not be named… My most desired wish is that SM will do a complete Saga rewrite from Edward’s POV. However she has said that she could never write NM from Edward’s pov. Too painful she says.
I really doubt she’ll finished the first one. People will continue to ask about it and as long as people do she won’t look at the manuscript.

Suzanne, nah you still stay our sister… Which cinema are you going for the marathon? I hope we are all going to have it the same date. To bad we can’t go together with all our Dutch Sisters. I’m sure I’ll meet Paula and her Sister again. She will be sitting a row behind me. And maybe I can drop by Susan (if my mom shoots down the idea of going to the Margriet Winter fair)…
Take it easy, lady! You don’t need to burn out on your internship!!! Make sure you plan a few relaxing days after to finished the article. You have deserved a few days of pampering.

Grayce, the strange thing is that this silly little country is always one of the first who get to see the big movies. Sometimes the Asian countries or Belgium is first but most of the time we are. I don’t know why.
On the Hobbit, Orlando Bloom is playing Legolas. (I almost wanted to say of course he his playing that!!! Why else do you think I’m excited about that movie… ;) hihi) Cate Blanchet returns as Galadrial and the guys who played Gandalf and Elrond also are the same. I don’t know if Arwen will be in it. I haven’t paid attention to that. I know Elijha Wood is also returning.
That’s really sad that a young boy like that has to hide his hard earned money from his own parents!!! You are so good to take care of him a bit.
Still I really don’t want to think about Christmas yet!!! However with a possible house to buy I’m thinking about using the Holidays as an extra bonus for moving…

Alright, I’m off. Lets see if my hyper energy of this morning turned piles of paper in good organized work…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Grayce: I'm in general in a better mood, but I have to admit that some of the rumor mongering and stuff people have said about Kristen and/or Rob has been known to set me off. But at least I can tune most of that crap out now.

Everyone: I just got up from the nap I took after Top Gear. Right now, I'm thinking about some Twilight fan fic that I'm writing and future ones that are Twilight and Guyver crossovers. And yes, there seems to be only one man who can bring these two universes together--not sure if that's a good or bad thing :/

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy HumpDay!!! MAJOR :swoon: !!
*If someone already posted this beauty - You won’t mind if I post it again right?
And if nobody did - That’s outrageous! Shame on you!*

I actually have a few minutes today and there aren’t that many posts, so here’s a little post from me.

More exciting news on my side. I just found out I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off next week! I so needed that! There’s a conference on Monday and Tuesday which all the supervisors are attending and I’m not allowed to work without supervisors there. Safety precaution. On Wednesday we have sort of Liberation Day of Leiden (the city I live in). The whole city –including the University - basically closes down and parties. :D

Austin – I have to agree with you on that one. If MS doesn’t come out soon, it never will. I’m hoping there will be some hints during promo, but an actual announcement during BD2 the movie… I don’t think so. Anyways, we’ll see.

Grayce – Hey there! In case nobody answered yet; Austin’s board name is corona. We’re definitely not blocking you. ;) An alternate ending on the DVD… Hmm, I don’t know if I’d like that. There’s only one ending to The Saga and that is the book version. Whatever they’ve done to the middle with the fight and everything (which is where the chasing-Renesmee-shot comes from I assume), I could overcome. But they have to have their HEA!

Marielle – How exciting that you finally found a house you like! I hope everything works out with the technical details and the financial arrangements and that your offer is accepted. Did you post a link with pictures of the house already? I think I saw one fly past in my fbHH mail. (Which is basically the only way I’ve been keeping updated on you guys.)
If I’m going, I’m going to Pathe Breda. It’s closest to my parents and we went there last year as well. They have these seats in the very last rows called clubseats, which are basically big sofa’s for two or four people. Very comfy! Hopefully I’ll be able to reserve those. Gonna make some calls tonight. It’s on November 13/14 for me. That’s the same everywhere in the country right? That’s great that you’ll meet up with Paula and maybe Susan! Maybe we can all see it again after the premiere together or something. We still have to get together for the money from Susie / Jaclyn’s gift. :)

Lynne – Thanks, I will. I’ve missed you guys too. Hope you have fun at the beach!

Sean – In my humble opinion, writing fanfic is never a bad thing. As long as you are having some creative fun with it.

Time to go. But it looks like I can at least be back within a week. Yay!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Fall weather here in Florida had a brief visit this weekend and then left. It will come back within a few more weeks.

It's around the middle of October that the weather usually takes a permanent turn, dropping down to highs in the 80's and lower humidity. It's the lower humidity you notice first.

Lynne, I think I misunderstood you, but I wouldn't doubt it if that final book scene is actually during the closing credits. It's actually not a bad way to end the series. It is NOT something, though, you would advertise as a BONUS scene, but that is really parsing Kellan's words. I'm guilty of that, I admit it. If nothing had been said about a closing credits scene it wouldn't even have concerned me at all.

The fact that Kellan didn't seem to be really aware of what exactly that last scene was until Bill told him about it implies he isn't in it. So, that would take out any flashback with him in it or any flashforward. If it is a Bella and Edward centered scene, that lends weight to the shield lifting.

If the scene involves Jacob, I don't really have a problem unless it is centered on him and Nessie. I wouldn't want it for the movie and I wouldn't want what it implied about SM's intentions on writing future stories. She didn't want to give anything away for the future in her IG, the only slim piece we got was Garrett did move to Alaska with Kate.

Grayce, hello, I'm Austin/corona. We talked a bit over in Explorations. I got you beat on tickets, my worst was 102 back in 1984 on a road trip from Tennessee to Arkansas. The cop was actually real nice. I probably paid less than $100 for that one and was close to $300 for my last one doing only 45. My father was a bad example, he took me and my brother on the Kenai flats and did 120 in a Mazda Rx4. My brother tried the same thing closer to Homer and got busted doing 120, but he went to jail.

But, doing 30??? That almost sounds like military restrictions. They have 15 posted, and they will enforce. Very few places I know drop that low, I think even school zones post 25 or 20 mph limits. New Years Day explains it, though, that is such a terrible time to be out on the road, cops are everywhere. Even though my family likes to party during the holidays we all stay home on New Years.

I'm sorry to hear about those troubles with your husband's ex. This situation with one of your boys' friends is very touching, it makes me mist up a little. He will remember your family's kindness for the rest of his life.

Marielle, I understand about the whole marathon thing. My butt would be extremely sore after sitting through it all, it would just take so long.

A BD1 and BD2 stretch I think I could do and would be worth it.

My cat is definitely doing better, but I still don't expect him to live another year. He is moving around more. The little dogs are very possessive of us and don't like the cats trying to sit with us, although they make an exception for Jones. The larger Shelties are herding dogs and there is a tendency for them to get bossy although Chuey and Charlie will occasionally whack them one. Otherwise, most of the time they get along well.

Jaclyn, sorry to hear about your cold. I tend to get them when the weather changes, particularly in the fall when the humidity drops. My wife had the sniffles this morning.

Sean, cool news about your TV, you can get such dirt cheap deals these days on them.

Brenda, so you got a ticket too? Sucks, doesn't it?

I think your 40% of lottery winnings estimate is pretty close, but I think that is when you take everything in a lump sum up front in addition to taxes withheld, and it's about half and half (lump sum reduction and taxes) of the full sum that is supposed to be paid out over a number of years, like 20 to 30. So, if you won $50 million you would only get about $30 or $35 million for a lump sum, and then they would take out another 25% or so for fed taxes off the top and more for state taxes if applicable, leaving you with around $20 million.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Happy Hump Day indeed! :swoon:

corona/Austin Ah HA! I had my suspicions that was you! Nice to "meet" you and Welcome to HH! I've enjoyed your comments and ideas. I'm in the Foothills of NC so it's very cool here. Been about perfect weather. Cool mornings, only up to 80 midday and then drop enough in the evenings that I don't get eaten alive by mosquitos. The little vampires love me! :lol: \
The thing was there was a teacher's assistant that lived across the street. She had the same first name and drove a white car. There were a lot of kids in this neighborhood and she would fly through. You would think a teacher's assistant would realize you can't drive like that in a closed neighborhood. People walking with their pets, children playing on the dead end streets or areas where lots were still empty...she was dangerous. Well, we had another neighbor who had family at the police department that mentioned it...so they started sitting at the entrance/exit to the neighborhood. It was posted 15mph. Normally I do only about 5 over but with people being out of town, school's out for vacation, and everyone else was off work, I thought it was pretty safe to do over the speed limit. Worse, this was my first speeding ticket. My husband thought it was hilarious...but he's had at least a dozen since he turned 16. I'm on the phone with him bawling and he wants to know how long it's been since my last ticket! Husband: Honey, it's fine. How long has it been since you got one? Me: Got one what? Husband: a speeding ticket. Me: I've never had a ticket before!!! :cry: I can't afford this! Why do I need to take a safe driving course? How am I going to have time to do this at night? Is the insurance going to go up? Oh God, Honey, I'm so sorry! :cry: Husband: ... you've never had a ticket before? Me: No Husand: :rotfl: . Me: Why are you laughing at me? Husband: We'll take care of it, don't worry! Are you okay? Me: Yes, are you sure? Husband: Of course, just calm down before you get back on the road. *chuckles

Marielle I forgot you guys were looking for a house, but I'm glad you have found one you like. Really glad they are bringing back Orlando and yes, now I can understand why you're excited. I'll have to start looking for the previews for it now.

Suzan I know the ending that should be there. Did you ever see/read Dear John? That book ended how it should have, but I didn't like it because our main characters didn't get to be together. Now, on the DVD, there was an alternate ending where they did end up together. All that was different was final letter and the last scene. I liked that. I could get my HEA and have the true ending together. That's all I meant about an alternate ending.
My hopes is that they put in the shield lifting and a shot of Charlie and Sue's wedding.

Wouldn't it be cool for Lean to imprint on Nahuel? Then everyone has their HEA :clap:
Grayce
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Gonna finish up looking up some stuff from last night/this morning soon, and then I'll probably work on some fan fic.

Sorry I haven't posted much more than I have been, but I've been kinda busy, and this forum actually hasn't been the busiest of places recently, either, so it's sort of hard for me to really make any major posts. I'll try and do that tonight after I'm done writing.
Last edited by Chernaudi on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We had a good time at Redcliffe yesterday, although it was a little cooler than I would have liked. I'm like Bella - beaches should be warm and dry, and I mean warm enough to go swimming, and it wasn't for me, anyway.

Grayce - he has fully recovered from trying to put his toes in his mouth, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen again.

marielle - that is exciting about the house! I hope it all works out!

Sean - I must confess I don't even know what Guyver is.

Suzan - hooray for having a few days off! Yes, we had a good time yesterday.

Austin - I don't think the shield lifting scene will be in the credits. I think it will end the movie proper, and then they will have something else in the credits. And, in spite of Marielle's (and the rest of us) dislike of the thought, I think it could well be Jacob and Renesmee, in order to satisfy his fans. Hopefully, if they do go that route, they will give the rest of us something too.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Lynne: This might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bio_Booster_Armor_Guyver

Everyone: I'll be back later to post more. And sisters, I need one of these, NOW!:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... l-gt3-car/

And an Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 wouldn't hurt, either ;)

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

Well the bouncing energy is gone. I woke up with a sore throat and upset stomach… I hope it will get better as the day continues. I’m just really tired.

BD news, the soundtrack for the new movie will be released on the 13th of November. That’s so annoying because that’s the day the movie premieres!!! Normally I listen to the soundtrack on my way home but that will be impossible.

More exciting news (and possible the cause of my upset stomach)… I’m going to put an offer on that house we saw two days ago!!!! I’m a bit nervous about it all… It’s a big investment. Due to the Dutch mortgage system that starts in 2013 it’s much more cheaper to by a house now than next year so we are a bit in a hurry now.

Anyway,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARYN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Now posts…

Suzanne, are you going to the parties next week? I’m sure your whole city will be out partying. Or are you going to your parents and relax?
I did post the link of that house a few pages back, but here it is again
It’s not completely to our taste but we just can’t overlook the fact that it has such a big garden and living space.
Yes, I think all the Dutch premieres are 13/14 November.
And yes we really need to have a HHH-con soon. Susie gave me the money when I was in Chicago so we definitely need to meet up!!! As I’m very flexible and don’t have school or kids to worry about I think it’s best you and Susan come up with dates. I’ll ask Paula what she wants.

Austin, are you sure you can speak of fall in your part of the world? I was in the understanding that it was Summer all year around there… Only when you have freak nature like 2 yeas ago when it was almost freezing there. (I remember that from the news reports we got here)
Yes a movie marathon is killing for your back and butt!!! I have sat through 4 now but never more than 7 hours. I did 2 Harry Potter marathons and 2 Twilight marathons at the cinema. At home I tried a LoTR special edition marathon but I fell asleep with one of the boring Frodo/Sam moments…I don’t really like the hobbits that much… normally I fast forward to all things Aragorn and Legolas… Though I like Faramir a lot as well…
It sounds like you got your pets well under control. I’m tried to raise a decently behaved cat but I think I’m failing big time… Garfield will be the most spoiled cat in Holland…

Grayce, I think us twilight fans should be excused from speeding tickets…Just blame the Cullens… they really edge you on to drive fast…it’s all Carlisle’s fault :rant: , he should have taught Edward the responsibility about driving fast… ;)
Hahaha…. I could imagine that conversation with your husband…
Yes, I’m about as excited for the Hobbit as I am for BD2. It’s will be such a good start of the winter… maybe I’ll make it through without a depression this year… I’ll be living on a Edward/Legolas created pink cloud…nice and cozy cuddled between a vampire and an Elf…(why are they both immortal????)

Lynne, how is the weather over there? Summer is coming right? A friend of mine is going to do a backpack trip through Australia in 2 weeks time. She is so excited about it.

Alright, time to work again…
:clap:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry that I don't really have much time to post right now, but I'll try and do something for everyone tomorrow night. I have to get ready for bed since I have to go to work early tomorrow.

Now I'm off to bed to dream of vampires, shape-shifting werewolves, vampire hybrids, and things that go "bump" in the night that scare the crap out of Caius from the Volturi.

I'll be back later.