Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Jazz Girl »

Lynne~ Gobsmacked doesn't quite cover my reaction. I saw them first tagged and on my iPad and I literally went dead still and quiet. That alone should tell you about the strength of my reaction. I think I posted over on the Annex that this shoot has officially replaced Segal 2009 as my all-time favorite. Yep, I kind of love it that much. Sounds like the awards ceremony was a hoot! Hijinks over a literary disagreement? Sounds like an interesting weekend for sure.

Susan~ :lol: Trust me. If you want the pup, you can well and truly have him. I'll just move to the back porch if necessary. Like our vampire brethren, the ...erm... scent is a little overpowering for me anyways. But, I'd suffer through if necessary to stay near my family.

Marielle~ If those beautiful new shots are anything by which to judge, I'm anticipating a LOT of premiere goodness which will leave me a permanent resident of the perve corner... not that I haven't always been anyways. :twisted:

Susie~ BOO!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Sarah and everyone: I had my battle with the power, too. We lost power here for a couple of hours. At least I can still watch my shows tonight, but I'll have to delay a lot of the stuff I wanted to do until later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Welcome Back, Caryn! You're so silly to think you need to ask our forgiveness!!! Love the pics!
BOO Yourself! You needs to get back to me on somethin', girl!
-------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've haven't been doing my Susie duty here.

On Friday I made a little day trip to Nashville and had lunch with Alphie! It was very fun. I have a pic, but have to make sure it's OK with her before I post it. I look terrible in the picture, but at least it is proof that we had lunch together.

Yesterday I was a busy social bee - I visited a friend who recently had surgery and spent a while at her house with her family talking all after noon. Then, last night a friend's birthday dinner. I've talked about this the last two years too since it is an recurring event. This man has been living with the same woman for 30 years and my husband and I are friends with them both (from the Gilbert and Sullivan operetta group). For the past 26 years, he's been having an all women dinner party for his birthday because he thinks men are boring. So - he invites 10 of us (I'm on the A list) and he cooks a lamb dinner for us. Pretty good deal, eh? We all have to give him lipstick kisses on his cheeks and forehead, though, and give him clever cards. He turned 59. See??? You can still have lots of fun when you get older!

Today - Housework and laundry, but my friend Mary will be coming over soon for dinner and to watch "Call the Midwife" with me on PBS.

I'll try to get back into the habit of posting regularly. Sorry I can't address you all individually now. I see that many of you have stopped by in the past few days - Sarah, Brenda, Tonise :clap: , Suzan, Songbird, Marielle, Lynne, Sean, and Austin...

See you tomorrow!

p.s. I just noticed that I'm "Playing Thunderball" now! Cool!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Song- I wish I could get along with her..but she's caused a fair amount of drama since our engagement...she went behind our backs to get more of her family invited to the wedding when I was already outnumbered 3 to 1, got in a fight with my sister in law and ended up in tears at the reception (thank God we were gone at that point), and basically told my husband he was a terrible brother to his younger brother who has some medical issues but who has been coddled/favored all his life and cried the last time we had her over for dinner..which is why Thursday was a big improvement :lol: She tried to complain about that brother but we changed the topic every time. I refuse to play her games...which is why I really, really don't want to have lunch with her but I will to keep the peace between hubby and her.

At least hubby gets along with my parents alright but my parents have a really hard time admitting I'm old enough to be out of the house and happily married. I suppose all parents never truly let go of their children..but it's been over a year already!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Oh, I forgot to tell everyone what darling Hubby did for me, although those of you on FB may have already seen it. When Hubby arrived at the getaway, he asked me to hold out my hand and on it he slipped my engagement ring with a new diamond on it! He and his mother had sneaked it out of the house to have it reset. His parents paid for it. I'm so happy to have my engagement ring back on my finger with my wedding ring, where it belongs!

Caryn - ah, it is a delight to see the blue font back in HH! Yeah, those photos are really something!

Songbird - there wasn't really a chance to promote it this year, no. That will come next year, when it's released. We haven't even decided on the cover yet!

Sean - it's amazing how much we rely on power. When it went out not long ago I had a hard time explaining to my son just why he couldn't watch TV or look on the computer.

Susie - You're so lucky to have lunch with Alphie! I'm glad to hear you can have fun when you're older. I'm already dreading 50!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

I got a bad start of the week… after a weekend of stomach pain and almost no sleep. My alarm went off 30 minutes early (don’t know why) and than to top it all the tram I take didn’t show up… resulting in waking up 30 minutes early but being 20 minutes late at work… SO ANNOYING… :rant:

Anyways…let’s see if I can catch up.

Susan, are you feeling better yet??? Did the weather stayed nice yesterday? We passed your town yesterday morning when it was still really sunny but by the time we were halfway to The Hague it started to rain.
Good of your MIL to insist that the docs did proper testing. Always trust your feelings in those situations and demand an apology! Bloody doctors..

Suzanne, good luck with your article. I read your pm to me but I didn’t have the chance to reply yet…

Sarah, yes the history of Europe is really interesting. I’ll give you that. Though In Holland we have very few legends and myths. We do have a history but to be honest the country Holland doesn’t exists all that long… It’s one of the main reasons I’m really drawn to the UK. The history, myths and legends there are so interesting and fascinating. I can read non-stop about them…

Sean, the F1 race was a big disappointment this weekend… though I came to the conclusion that I have rather that Red Bull wins the driver’s championship than Ferrari… I do have a soft spot for Christian Horner. But seriously McLaren needs to up it and win the constructor’s title…

Brenda, I know what you mean about the smut fic drying up. It’s because FFN is pulling them off or demanding a rewrite. Even with a creative plot in it they will be difficult. I can’t find much good new stories either. I’m already looking for other sites but Twilighted just doesn’t work properly for me…
Yes, we signed all the papers. The only thing we are waiting for is for the insurance company to give the green light. That might take a week or 3…

Lynne, my friend who is traveling in Oz is sending pictures over of the Blue Mountains. They are so beautiful!!!! It’s unbelievable pretty…

Caryn, we are of the same mind… (though it surely lives in the Gutter! :twisted: ) I don’t think we will survive the promotour of Rob looks like that every time…

Susie, the serial traveler strikes again!!! I hope Alphie was doing fine…

Alright, it’s time to focus back on work!!! See you all later…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - getting up early and getting to work late? Yeah, that's no fun! Yes, the Blue Mountains are lovely. They're down in New South Wales, but i've been down there a couple of times.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Just a quick stop in. I swear I posted on here last week and was going to try to get on this weekend but for some reason I can't find the post and come to think of it, it was on my phone and it told me it would be posted whenever the administrator released it...and this site will only show my post in HH #10 so I'm thinking it's the link through the phone.

Anyway...if it doesn't end up getting posted. I'll hunt down the pic I posted and link it again. I also let everyone who isn't on my FB page that the husband had his appendix out early Thursday morning on the 4th, the day before his birthday. So Wednesday - Sunday I was completely useless and he was on Percocet. Luckily, it didn't rupture and he's recovering nicely.

I'll check back later or tomorrow. Busy....busy....busy and getting closer to November all the time... :clap: :cry:
Grayce
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

. Greeting, siblings!! Yep, that's right. Two days in a row. Just thought I'd swing by and say hello and see how things are doing. Given activity in the annex today, we might even get a few more long lost relatives back!!

Susie~ I know I need to get back to you. I'm working on details. As soon as I have a definitive answer, you'll be the first to know...ok, second. ;-)

Marielle~. Yes, definitely. We can set up a second HH annex in the gutter. I have a feeling it will get its' fair share of use in the next month or so.

As for the latest "news"... Simply put, no comment.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I might get time to do some work on The Heir today, which would be nice. I've been so busy doing everything for everyone else. So far, the editor has made some reasonably good comments, so I will have to put them in action.