Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!

I had one hell of a strange dream… I dreamed that pictures were on the internet of Rob and Kris, leaving a restaurant together. Both were smiling happily. Our fb page exploded with all the theories of what that meant…if they were back together. Why Kris was almost smirking… etc… I half feared opening fb this morning.

It’s the last day of the week!!!! Yay!!! I’m in need of a quiet daybut sadly that won’t be till Sunday…

Anyway, posts…

Lynne, I can’t watch your clip at work. I’ll have a look at it when I’m home. I’m very curious to see what you made of it and how it introduces your book.

Tracy, I had a thought on the poster. It was a strange poster for me. So unusual. But I figured out why… the pup isn’t in the front… it’s now Bella defending them. I didn’t see that at first but in the other posters Bella is always more to the back and the pup defending, now it’s the other way around.

Susan, my new dentist is the same. She asked if you want to have the shots or not. My old dentist always went for the shots. He claims that it helps when the patient is calm and don’t feel pain during the procedure.
It won’t surprise me if a flu outbreak hit. The temps are swinging too much. No wonder people get sneezy and ill.

Austin, strange thing but I just found out that a game of thrones is on the dutch tv now. Apparently they started the first season last week. I’m so bumped that I missed it. However it’s on quite late so I’m not sure if I could watch it every week…
I’m not sure if I’m hoping Rob and Kris getting back together… I mean I think I would love to see who he will end up next… I loved the speculation and the fantasizing. However I think that Kris is making too much of a statement with wearing Rob’s clothes (I’m sure they are his because they are way to big for her)… it’s seems like she isn’t willing to let go or take the next step.
Of course we support you in your bowling competition!!!! *cheerleading for Corona!!!*

Susie, I’m hoping that too, I’m kind of hoping that we find something before Christmas. It would be nice to use the Christmas holidays to move or do the painting and decoration…
Yeah, autumn is really infiltrating into this country. I shouldn’t be surprised because October isn’t that far away any more but that doesn’t mean I like it one bit… the problem with autumn is that winter is coming after that and the winter is too cold and too dark!!!!

Alright I’m going to have to finish a lot today … so I’ll keep it to this short post…
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I have been paid by the guy whose editing I am doing!!! I have also finished his book. Now I've got to give him back his slaughtered manuscript. He will hate me ... I'm not tough enough for this job!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

My great day continued when I went to bed. One of my mom's older male cats pissed in my bed, and I had to change out the sheets and bedspread. And based on the color and smell, he was clearly marking his territory. So that was great.

So now, I'm gonna vent a bit because of what's happened with my the past day or so.

I don't know if it's me being depressed because of yesterday or not, but I sort of feel like leaving the fandom again. I just feel like I don't fit in and, I don't want to say this, I sort of feel either neglected or that I'm just not vocal enough. I doubt the first, so I feel that maybe I'm just not vocal enough about R&K and Twilight, so if that's what's happening, then why should I be a part of something like this?

Also, I'm just tired of everyone's snap reactions to things. A friend misunderstood something that I posted to her and she got pissed an unfriended me. Too many narrow-minded, hair trigger people here anymore, and I'm tired of walking on eggshells for them. So screw them, if they can't take my opinions, that fine, I'll just take my business elsewhere.

I don't want to leave, but some people are making it hard for me to justify being a Kristen, Rob, and Twilight fan. And I'm tired of outside of you guys, feeling like I'm alone. I'm sick and tired of the whole scandal, sick and tired of how the media and "fans" have treated Kristen and Rob, and I'm damn near sick and tired of the media's and pop culture's obsession with Twilight and the cast, and I almost can't wait until November when this will all be over for everyone.

Sorry if I've pissed anyone off, but I've basically had a horrible time of things since I got off work Wed. afternoon. Maybe I should just take a break from this stuff if I'm drawing nothing positive from it. Maybe I should just throw all of it away, but it's hard. I love the stories, love Kristen and Rob (and no, I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about that), I've made so many friends because of this stuff, and I don't feel like throwing it away, either.

Well, hopefully I'll get my paycheck from work today, at least I might be able to look forward to that.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I came down with the crud. I am achy and sneezy, my head hurts and I am sooo foggy. I open the fridge to get out juice and grab the milk instead...I go to put on my coat and button it up wrong...I go to the grocery store and look at my list 4 times
and still nothing registers. I'm just...not with it. I took a nap while the munchkins were at school...I just needed to rest.

I talked to Bug's teacher this morning. They are going to keep her in her classroom for the reading, and start her kind of easy, on end of 1st grade material. I think that's good because she's new to the method and she's a kid who needs to be certain that she can do something before she tries it. She's not a real go getter who is ready to try anything new. So I think starting her off on something that's comfortable instead of pushing her to go to the next level where she might struggle a bit is good. Let her be sure of herself and then later she might be ok with taking risks that way. Some kids like a bit of a challenge, but my Bug is not one of them. I am super happy with the way it's all worked out, and they've done it so FAST!! I thought it might take a few weeks to arrange everything, but I just talked to the one teacher on Tuesday after school, they had her tested yesterday, and Monday she gets to start with the new material. I am one proud mama, in case you couldn't tell.

Sean, that's so weird...I think nearly EVERY actor has that kind of a view..they all say they have to find something to relate to in every character they play. Like, I think it was Charleze Theron said about the evil queen in SWATH that she could see where she was coming from, etc...that's their job. Why would this girl think that made for terrible acting? I think it makes for BETTER acting because it comes from a more authentic place, dealing with the real emotions of the character, searching for those same emotions in yourself and putting yourself in that position...not just pretending to be the person, but really FEELING where they are coming from and what drives them. Otherwise it's just words on a page. Sounds like the girl just wants something to blast K with because she doesn't like her. Ignore it...she's not worth worrying about.
Sounds like you've had a day...do you like to take baths at all? When I've had a crap day, I like to go lie in the bath with a good book and just soak for a while. My husband does the same. You might try it to decompress if you are feeling stressed and upset. It can do wonders.

Austin, did they kick your butts? :P I agree about boredom killing education...SO glad her teachers agree with me!! Hrmmm...that drink...I think I've heard it referred to as Camel Toes, but also a different name that involved cleavage?

Lynne, what a relief that he finally paid you!! My other writer friend that is trying to get published was saying that I should become a professional editor. I'm like you...I don't think I'd be tough enough. I don't want to hurt feelings. It was funny though...the book I was editing for her, she apparently changed the time frame of it and there was a part that now takes place in January, where before it was supposed to be summer. So she had this character who unbuttons her coat to reveal a sizable baby bump and says the baby is due in December. I didn't know that the time frame had been changed, so I was like...is she secretly an elephant? Because she has the MOTHER of all pregnancies...if she's already showing that much in January and the baby is not due for nearly another year....poor woman. We had a good laugh at that. And it turns out that she made the one character that I hated intentionally not really likable. So that was good because I didn't know how to tell her that I still hated this one person. I just don't think I could ask people for money to tell them what's wrong with their work.

It's not so much the voice itself that is creepy, but the way the line is spoken...like...it's a VERY intense and suspenseful sound. But it certainly grabs the attention!

Susie, aw....I know I have heard of Romper room, but I don't know what it is. It must not have been on when I was a kid.
There are currently 28 members on our Cake Day group on facebook. It started with about...7 of us maybe? It started on the Harry Potter forum that really wasn't about Harry Potter and we were just a small group of people and became close friends and there were about 6 or 7 of us...and we decided to open it up because we know there are a lot of people who love cake. So we just invited all of our friends and we have 28 now, but there are other people who aren't part of the group but who see the Cake Day posts each month on our pages and celebrate it, too.
Yeah, I had to giggle at Bug...I went in because she was calling me and she said she had had this nightmare about being lost, like the mermaid in her library book. So I said we should think of GOOD things from the story....like how the mermaid found the pearl. And it made me laugh when she asked to read, because that's totally what I do when I have a nightmare and can't get it out of my head. But she wouldn't know that I do that, because she's always asleep...so I guess she just takes after me in that way. But I am SO SO proud of her that she's becoming a reader. It will open SO many doors for her. She'll ALWAYS have friends, whether real or fictional, always have something to do...books can go anywhere, she'll always have adventures and it will give her ideas for problem solving. Books are a great way to learn. Forgive me for going on and on...I'm a proud mama bear right now.
What are you doing on your day off?

Marielle, I think that's a completely plausible dream. I've not seen pictures, but I can totally see Rob and Kristen at least meeting to chat, somewhere on neutral ground (not at their homes), to talk about promotion of the BD films or even just to be friends. Sometimes people realize they make better friends than romantic partners and if they could work that out, more power to them. I'll be waiting to see if your dream was prophetic!
Yep...by last night I was feeling AWFUL. Headachy, sneezy, stuffy, achy and stiff. Definitely some sort of flu, and hubs has it too. I took a nap while the kids were at school and I feel a bit better. I didn't do my workout this morning...a couple of weeks ago, I had this same thing and I did my workout and it was TERRIBLE. I couldn't get focused, I was hurting, didn't have the energy, and I don't think it did much good. So I decided to take the morning off and just try to feel better and hope that I can get back to the exercise tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then Sunday. But it's definitely weather for flu season.

Well, I'm going to go rest. The kids are playing nicely upstairs together (for a change) and I am starting to feel a bit loopy again. See you all later!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Songbird and everyone: Don't get me started on cleavage--you are in the presence (at least occasionally on here) of men LOL. And yes, Austin, I said men. And, yes, unfortunately, I know the meaning of the phrase "camel toe".

But anyways, that's what pissed me off about that chick. She obviously doesn't like Kristen, and I have no doubt that she doesn't like Rob, either, so I unfriended her a$$. Only thing that ticked me off about that is that I had another friend who I posted about this to and she misunderstood what I was trying to say and she unfriended me.

That's what I mean by hair-trigger responses. Not a lot of Kristen and Rob's fans are like that, but for those who are like that, I'd like to remind you that when you do that, you're becoming the very thing that you're trying to fight against and that Kristen and Rob are fighting against.

And that's what gets me down about this fandom a lot of the time. That people can be extreme and want others to choose sides. I posted about this in the KS topic in the Actors area. I don't wanna choose sides, and I still admire and respect both of them, and I frankly don't give a damn if in some's view that makes me a great of horrible person, because to me, that reflects back on them, and I'm sick and tired of it and it's not worth fighting over. I'm not saying that you guys don't have to disagree with me, but if you're gonna push me and try and make me choose a side or do something that I find to be irritating and annoying, you're gonna hear from me about it. I can understand accidents and such, but those who intentionally irritate me and try and make me choose sides and what not, it's not worth fighting with them, so my options are ignore, unfriend, block, and if necessary, leave. I hope that it doesn't have to come to this, but I have to do what I have to do to be happy, something that I haven't been very much of lately. With you guys, I don't have many worries, but for others, that might be the recourse I might have to take.

Well, at least I get paid today. That's about the only really good thing that I have to look forward to now, aside from Audi doing well in Brazil. Marielle might be happy that Lucas Di Grassi has been one of the faster Audi drivers this weekend, and Audi were 1-2, 2-3, and 1-2 in practice so far, and they can go a ton longer on fuel that their rivals at Toyota can--55+minutes vs 40 minutes for Toyota. As long as Audi can keep their noses clean, they can do 2 less fuel stops than Toyota can in the 6 hour race tomorrow.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey everyone!

I unexpectedly have some more time on my hands. One of the machines I have to use at uni broke down so I can’t do my experiments. And what better use of this extra time than Lexing!? ;)
Apparently it’s just one of those weeks where everything seems to be working against me. On Monday I did some grocery shopping right after school and a yoghurt carton opened in my schoolbag. Had to throw the bag out. (Luckily it needed replacing anyway.) And yesterday morning, I found my most beautiful boots/heels - which I only wear on special occasions and therefore keep in a box – completely covered, inside and out, in mold! MOLD! My mom says there is a way to clean them and I really hope that works or I’m going to be really, really sad! :(

Those of you who’ve checked the HH fb page will know why I’m in a weird state of mind right now (on top of the stress mentioned above). But I’m just trying not to think about that too much. At least I’ve cooled down enough to be able to not treat my sister differently than normal. (These are the times I’m glad to have my own place. I can take a step back from the situation.) The guy however… I’m going to need a lot more time to give him an objective chance. I’m usually not very quick to judge people and I consider myself quite forgiving, but he could be the nicest, greatest man in the world and I still wouldn’t be just okay with this. Anyways… I wasn’t going to rant about it, so I’ll stop here. On to more exciting things:

Kristen looked great at TIFF. I think she handled herself really well. I saw a few red-carpet interviews and there were some questions that weren’t as subtle, but she did a good job avoiding them. I just hope the fan and the press have the same level of respect during the BD2 promo.
I loved that Rob showed up at that charity event! He even managed to do great with the teleprompter! I was impressed! LOL He was his usual stumbling self at the VMA, hihi. The whole cast looked great there. Poor Taylor though. I watched Taylor Swift’s performance of We are never ever getting back together (kind of really love that song at the moment) and right when it was over they cut to a close-up of Taylor Lautner’s face in the crowd for like a full minute. I felt sorry for him, but it was so funny! (He was just smiling and clapping btw. But the irony… LOL)

A few quick responses. I’m so glad to see more activity on the thread again!
Welcome back everyone!

Marielle – I’ll definitely let you guys know if and when the article is published. It’s going to be a lot of terminology though, so you might need you bf to translate. ;) I’m sorry you’re still not having any luck with the hunt for a house. The right one for you will come along eventually, you’ll see. But I’ll tell you that the renting market is not much better. I’ve been looking here and there for an apartment but everything is either too expensive or has a waiting list of 8 to 10 years! It’s no use now, because I’ll be finished with my study in about 1-1,5 years and I might be moving somewhere else anyway. I thought of you when I heard of the tram accident. Glad you weren’t in it!

Sean – I see someone already pointed you in the direction of the fanfic discussion thread. Although if you really want to promote your own fanfic you could go here or if you want to discuss some writing issues you could try here. The FF discussion thread has traditionally been more about discussion sort of the more “established” fics (not really the word I’m looking for, but it’ll do). About leaving the fandom; Maybe you should just become a bit more selective of where you read/post. There are plenty of great sites with fantastic fans (I know one at least… What was the name again… Oh right, The Lex! ;) ), but other sites that are not specifically for Twilight or Kristen or Rob are usually full of trolls and haters. It’s no use trying to argue with them and they won’t go away no matter what you do. There are always going to be haters. And that’s true for all fandoms. You just have to ignore them and steer clear of places they are likely to post.

Brenda – There’re going to be Twilight toy cars? Can you post a picture? I’d love to see that, hihi. They better give me an author’s credit. I’ve done like 50% of the experiments. They are talking about that, yes. So hopefully. Possibly they’ll let me write some of the article itself or at least use some bit of my to-be final report of the internship. Pretty exciting. I hope you win the lottery! (For totally selfish reasons of course. ;) )

Lynne – That seems like a though situation with the book you are (were?) editing. But it’s your job to point out the flaws. That’s why he hired you, right? How will it reflect on you as an editor if you didn’t point out all that is wrong and he’ll send it to a publisher? They will think you did a terrible job. Great book trailer! It’s a little simpler than what I imagined a book trailer to be, but it’s definitely a nice tease!

Susan – Congrats on becoming a new auntie! That’s so sweet that your daughter is such a bookworm. I used to read everything and anything I got my hands on. My favorite pastime on long trips by car was reading the traffic signs and roadside advertisements. Hope you’ll feel better soon! I think the flu is going around. My dad had it and now some of the people at uni.

Caryn – You could never be a second-cousin-twice-removed to the HH house! Glad you’re back. I’m so sorry about your grandmother. From what you said, I’m assuming she has dementia? That’s really a terrible condition, but I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that. I have two great-grandmothers with dementia and my grandparents on the other side are also showing early signs. It’s a huge strain on our family. Wishing you all the best!
I was equally excited about that last shot of the BD2 trailer! It plays so well into what Robward says in the beginning of the trailer about underestimating Bella. That last kick is not only the coolest move ever, it shows how much Edward has started to trust her. Sqee indeed!

Susie – Well, if there’s one thing I get enthusiastic about it’s Twilight, hihi. Thanks. Yes, this internship is definitely better than the last one. I just hope it continues that way. That’s quite a diverse group of people you’re teaching this year! Do you get to talk a bit about the cultural difference? Because that must be pretty interesting. What’s Toastmasters?

So sorry to anyone I missed, but I have to run. I’m going to get a haircut. Don’t worry, nothing major. :)
See you soon! Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Let's see, Susie and Marielle supported me, Lynne supported my opponents, and Songbird wanted to know if THEY kicked OUR butts. Lack of support was based purely on X or Y chromosomes, which just makes me sad.

However, the other team was a lot sadder last night. Much, much sadder. Their tears were flowing. We promised to buy them all ponies if they could just win one game. I am ashamed for how we humiliated them and destroyed their dreams of having little ponies with pink ribbons. Also, the beer was cold and the wings were nice and cripsy and hot.

I'll pop in later, I have to run and pay a speeding ticket. Stupid speed trap, one of those places where the limit drops from 45 to 30 for half a mile for no reason other than issuing tickets. That's $243 down the drain.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

*full cheerleading mode* GO TEAM AUSTIN!!!!!!!!

Suzanne, if you are looking to rent around here (Den Haag/Leiden) than you should check out the renting agency "Duinzight"
When we moved over here we used them. They are a private company and have rentals in all price ranges. They are good and really check out their landlords... also they have own houses they rent out. When we rented there, there wasn't a waiting list.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

And now I found out that I don't get paid today...if it wasn't for having other things to do, I'd have just stayed in bed today. I've had enough of the past two days!

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Chernaudi wrote:And now I found out that I don't get paid today...if it wasn't for having other things to do, I'd have just stayed in bed today. I've had enough of the past two days!
Sean, some days it's just better for everyone involved (mostly yourself) to stay in bed and not move!!!