Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Jazz Girl »

Well, it may not be my traditional blue (sorry Susie ) since I'm posting on the iPad. But, at least I'm posting, right? I have to say, if a woman needed to feel loved, seeing the protests and inquests around here at her absence would certainly do it. I want everyone to know that I'm not staying away for any specific reason other than my calendar right now looks like a 96-count box of Crayolas exploded on it. It's the same old story about real life rising up to bite me in the buns this time of year, but pretty much doubled due to a shorter work schedule with more responsibility, additional responsibilities for both boys activities and Hubs with more responsibility at school, leaving him less able to cover at home. So, fo instance, I am typing this while sitting at my mom's home helping take care of her house so she and my stepdad can help care for my grandmother, who is rapidly declining after Grandpa's passing. Sadly, it has been my Happy Place which has had to give first. As you all know, my normal posts take some time and focus and both are difficult to locate at the moment. I miss you all and this wonderful place and think of you every day. It's one reason I'm so glad for the FB group because at least it allows me to maintain my standing in the family, even if I've been demoted to second-cousin-twice-removed at this point.

I can't even begin to fathom trying to go back and read two weeks of posts. I hope I haven missed anything of mass importance (again thanks be for FB), but if I have, please forgive me. But, I think I will start new with the latest big event for our family; the new trailer.

The Final Trailer~ What is there to say besides *sigh*. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. I loved seeing the footage of the first hunt (which some of us saw when the pirated vid from CC12 hit FB) as well as the new/expanded footage of the new vampires. Garrett in particular is making me very happy! And I do rather love the way Kate's power is visualized. Poor Jacob Black, it seems, is destined to live tap-dancing on my last nerve. But, I suppose he's at least less of a pain in my (and Edward's) butt now that he's given up his asinine notion of 'saving' Bella and turned his attention to someone else (poor Edward is just doomed in that). I know most of the discussion will continue to swirl around the fighting. But, as I said after long discussions in Chicago, I will be okay with it if it is as SM intended. I am pretty stoked about that last image, though. That was so perfectly 'them' that it made me squee. They may go down, but they are going down fighting TOGETHER. Also, I was happy to see that they worked Bella getting her Cullen Crest into the film. I wonder if it will be an actual scene where it is presented to her... That might just make me ugly cry even earlier! :lol:

And, ummm, yeah, Bada$$Ward fighting for his girls... Ummmm, let's just say that makes me friggin' giddy (which has nothing to do with that little sliver of skin that we see in the GIF, nothing at all)

Rob on StandUp2Cancer~ That was just awesome! I love that he does these things without seeking attention, without wanting it publicized and announced and flaunted that he is participating. He shows up, does his part and lets it be what it is. Can I just say that the pics of him backstage with the breast cancer survivor who started her own advocacy program just made me smile like a proud MamaBear. And girlfriend is holding on to the man for dear life. Can't say I blame her one bit. Though, the pic of him backstage with Jeremy Renner.... Oh. My. LAWD!!!

Alright siblings, must be off to get some things done around here before I head to pick upnHubs from his meeting and head home to get more things done. I miss you all and I promise, I'll try to get round as often as I can.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We're busy watching the closing ceremony of the Paralympics, and I'm enjoying Coldplay at the moment. I'm off to a funeral today. The father of a friend of mine has died. I haven't seen her for years, but heard about her loss and I want to go and support her. Ironically, it will be like reunion for me, because I'll be meeting up with a lot of people I haven't seen for years. But it's not a pleasant way to do it.

Songbird - my goodness, your house is causing you trouble at the moment, isn't it? It never rains, but it pours! That seems to be the way when you own a property, though. I'm glad your daughter has found a friend! I will post this trailer to youtube as soon as my publisher approves it, which should be this week. No, I don't think this guy will refuse to pay me, especially since I'll make him pay me before he gets the file! But I'm trying to think of strategies that will make him realise it's my job to me a mean person in order to make his book better!

Caryn - it's good to see you back here! I'm sorry to hear your grandmother is going downhill now. Yeah, I liked that last move in the trailer too. I like the things they've shown us in the trailer, but I'm still not sure how it's going to work out. I guess we'll see.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I wonder how many of you will say either "wow" or "eww" about my choice of fan fic material--vampires, vampire hybrids and shapeshifting werewolves vs mutated alien/human hybrids and maybe dudes with alien designed biological battle armor?

Caryn: Long time no see, at least here (yes we've talked on the TL FB). At least your Indy boys made the Sprint Cup Chase last night with Smoke and Jeff. But it seems that we can't get away from NASCAR--they're now majority owner of the American Le Mans Series, and they'll combine it with Grand Am in 2014.

Austin: You get my last message?

Well, I'm full of turkey sandwiches and it's gonna be a cool night. Good excuse maybe to go to bed early. Well, I don't mean right now, but maybe in 2-3 hours.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited about the trailer! It reminded me of how I felt the same sense of excitement for the other movies and then I realized that this is the last time! It's great to see people gradually coming back to the Halfway House. Let's really enjoy the moment while we can!!!

Caryn – Yipee!!! Yipee!!! Hooray! !!! All is right with the world. (except I am sad you can’t do blue on your iPad) And NO. YOU ARE NOT A SECOND COUSIN ONCE REMOVED. You’re still the Queen Bee of a sister in my mind!! On a more serious note – I’m sorry to hear your grandmother is deteriorating since the death of your grandfather. Do you think she’s essentially given up since she no longer has him with her? Sad times.

Sean – Isn’t it great sleeping weather? Enjoy. I’m glad you like your job. Even though you’d like more hours, at least this is more than you were working before, and it’s easier to find more work when you’re working than when you’re unemployed. Oh and on the Twitter question – I don’t have a Twitter account, so it is possible to live without it.

Lynne – That’s so nice of you to go to your old friend’s father’s funeral. Regarding your editing job- is there any way you could get some guidance from your boss? Maybe just talking about it would make you feel better. It certainly sounds like an awkward situation.

Brenda – You’re right – facebook posting just isn’t the same as the Lex! Two big wine glasses of Baileys? Do I need to worry about lactose? Hopefully you’ve calmed down and can handle rearranging your schedule and perhaps even forgive the mistake. Still, I know just what you mean and have been thus frustrated before. Parking at the Minnesota State Fair is – if you’re not there before 9am you can’t get a spot. Why do that and pay $12 when you can park at a remote park and ride and get a free ride to the fair? It’s just crazy with 20 buses coming and going every 15 minutes and all of those people crossing the street with crossing guards. It’s really impossible to drive down the streets where the entrances are. I had to drop Sonny Boy off a few blocks away and pick him up a few blocks away too.

Songbird – Welcome back! Many of us have been MIA – maybe people will start to come back now that November 16 is on the horizon! So sorry you have mold in your house. That’s nasty stuff. Have you noticed any headaches from it yet? Maybe you caught it early enough. Still, now you have to deal with the expense and inconvenience of taking care of it. Congrats on losing weight! I haven’t even been trying. I decided that the summer was going to be a “party summer” and now I have to go back to some more moderate eating habits.

Marielle
– Washing windows? I’m impressed! Who is coming to visit next weekend? Agree that Kristen’s OTR Toronto dress was beautiful, and also that she looked unhealthy, a little like pregnant Bella with the gaunt face. I never said I was going to leave the Lex, you must have misread something. You don’t have to worry about that!! I’m here until the bitter end! Sonny Boy started classes last Wednesday, September 5. (it’s in the middle of the week to make up for the two days missed for Thanksgiving)

Ginnie – I wish we could all be together to watch BD2 too. Let’s ALL win the lottery, OK? Love that you posted the maximum number of allowed smileys in your review of the trailer!

Austin – Ah yes! The witnesses! They are indeed expendable. Cullens, not so much. I hope your bowling score improves as the season progresses. I confess I don’t know how bad “25 pts off average” is, but it sounds like a lot. I think the first time back shouldn’t count. Especially is they’re going to oil the lanes like that! Sheesh! My friend recently started sleeping with a CPAP and she says she feels more rested in the morning and it wasn’t hard to get used to it. (love your Darth Vader reference, though! You are so funny!)

Tracy
– (Long time, no see!) Sonny Boy has a different roommate. Last year’s roommate moved out during Spring semester to room with a friend when a space opened up. For this year, he was paired up based on answers to a questionnaire – ex. How clean/messy are you? How late/early do you go to bed/wake up? Etc. Anyway, his roommate is really a nice guy. He’s a little geeky, but very well-adjusted and talkative.

Suzan
– I loved your review of the trailer – so much enthusiasm! I love it! No time for grammar check? Well, it’s 99% perfect, so I guess you can stop worrying about that now. It is so interesting hearing about your internship and how you are going to be a published scientist! Wow. Very impressive. It seems like this internship is working out better than your last one. Is that right?

Tomorrow is the first day of class for me - I'm excited because I'm back to teaching Advanced ESL (Adult Ed) again after two years teaching Intermediate. I know half of my students because I either had them last year or in the past few years. Six of them are brand new. I'd better get to bed now.

See you tomorrow! Nighty Night!Sweet Dreams of Rob!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Those of you on FB will read that I've just done an extremely stupid thing. I've just registered my name as a business and got an ABN - a requirement for a business in Australia. I went through a site which I thought was the official one, but it was actually for an agency that does this for you in 24 hours. When the charge of $98 came up I thought it was just a government charge, so didn't think anything of it, but apparently I paid for a service I didn't require. At least my first editing job will cover it, but that was money I could have used for my book promotion. I feel like an idiot and I don't think it will be long until I burst into tears.

Susie - I've already talked to her about it a bit. She's helped a little. There's only so much she can say, though.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

How was the weekend??
I had a busy one. For the next two weekends we have guests and not much time to get anything done so this weekend we had to do a lot. Saturday we went grocery shopping at the other side of town. There is a good butcher there that has very fine bbq meat. We also went toy shopping for Garfield (seriously he is the most spoiled cat ever!!!)
Yesterday, I spend washing windows and cleaning. And in the evening we spend time going through the pictures from our road trip and Chicago. I’ll try to post a few on fb later this week…

Alright replies:

Lynne, yesterday on the BBC was a girl that had a publishing deal from writing a twilight fanfic story. The book is called “The dark Heiress.” I still don’t know what the original fanfic name is of that story… It’s strange that publishers are diving into the vampire stories like they do now. I mean, there will be an over kill-point. I’m re-reading THG right now… at least that’s original.

Austin, I don’t think there is any chance for us to find such a lot…most houses here are build on a small piece of ground. You’ll be lucky to find something close to a quarter of an acre and still be able to afford it. When I was in the US we drove down the coast of lake Michigan. There were some beautiful houses for sale there. I really could imagine living there with the view over the lake but I went to a realtor to just to window shop to check on the prices. I was shocked to see how expensive they still were…I guess there is still some value in the view you get…even with half the street for sale.
Today we are going back to the house we saw last week. I need some extra time to get a feel of the house. We really like it but there is still some imagining to do.

Sean, I have twitter only to follow the racing teams. Besides that I don’t use it all that much. If people bother you just stop following them. Are you reading Fifty shades?????

Brenda, yes, Kris was wearing Rob’s shirt. They had two pictures next to each other showing Rob in that shirt as well… As it was too big for Kris I’m pretty sure it’s Rob’s. Like I said, I feel like she is clinging on to him. I don’t know if he’ll ever forgive her or give her an other chance but he is sure making her crawl.
Uhm, yeah, especially when they gave Bill a face in the movies and I couldn’t stop thinking that my mental image was even better… (btw, I hate my vivid dreams if they aren’t the smutty ones, I hate dreaming about people getting hurt, killed or sick)…
I’m not sure but the conservatives here want back to that image as well…a wife should be at home raising kids and cleaning. Like you I would be fired from being a female instantly. I’m no cleaner nor suitable for raising kids…

Susan, did you get a mac? We had some trouble with the photo editing program as well but online there are many educational clips and forums.
Yes, finding a good house is an issue. Trouble is that the more houses you see the more critical you become. Our standards for a good house are shifting. They are getting a bit too high but then again we are talking about living there for the next 10 years at least.

YAY!!! Caryn (tackle hug!) your back!!! I’m sorry that your grandmother isn’t doing well. Sadly you see it often that after being together for so long they can’t literally live without the other. Your grandma must be feeling the call as now. I hope for you that she either get a turn for the better or not suffer too long and return to your grandfather.
I feel the same about the trailer. I loved Garret…and the last scene. I loved how they showed that Edward trust Bella in a fight. Sadly it’s safe to say that those fighting scenes aren’t from Alice’s visions… there are just too many…. And yes, we’ll complain a lot about the pup’s annoying presence…

Susie, my bf’s niece is coming over next weekend and the weekend after that my best friend with her kids and bf… so busy busy…
I know you won’t leave, I was just joking…
Have you heard from your daughter yet? How is she doing?
Last night we were going over some pictures from Chicago. I got one really funny one of you. I’ll try to send that one to you soon. Also I still have a nice group pic when we were having Italian. I don’t know if I ever mentioned this but I have the limo pic as my wallpaper on my laptop…

Alright, I’ve got a ton of work that needs to be done…

See you all later!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hello folks!!

How are you all?

We got back from our holiday last week. Had a great time, but of course, it went too fast!! For those who are a wee bit unsure, Tenerife is part of the Canary Islands. It is 700 miles further south than the bottom on Spain, and just lies off the coast of Africe. You can kind of see that here. It takes almost 5 hours to get there from Scotland (compared with 3 or so to Spain), so it is pretty far away. The weather generally is always GORGEOUS! It was soo hot, 35C in the shade! But because the heat is intense, it feels o much hotter - and the UV index is always at "severe", so you can burn after just a few minutes. We love it though - the sun & the intense heat is something you really don't get where I live!

Not sure if you know that all the Canary Islands are volcanic islands? So the sand is black sand (as it's volcanic ash), and the mountains (of which there are many beautiful ones!) are all dark. It's such a wonderful contrast to the true blue sky! But anyway, Mount Teide is what Tenerife is built on - the 3rd largest volcano is the world. When you come in to land at the airport, you can see the top of the volcano sticking out of the clouds - it is an unbelievable sight!! (EDIT: just found this photo on Google: Teide from the air).

Can you tell that I love the island?!? LOL. It's defo one of my favourite places in the whole world. I posted a couple pics of my FB page, if anyone wants to see :)

Anyways, I hope you are all doing good. I finally saw the new trailer today & I really like it. I know that there is going to be a "real" fight, not just a vision one, and I guess I'm ok with that. We knew it would happen anyway. And besides, as much as the fight in NM would never actually happen, I quite liked it... LOL. Defo looking forward to the movie, but very sad that this is all ending.

In other news, I started to read THG. Almost finished the first book - so far, the film has stuck really close to the book!

Right, I'm off. Talk to you all soon :)
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - things are usually overkilled because greedy publishers try to cash in on the market before people lose interest. Giving contracts to fanfiction writers has been spurred on by the success of Fifty Shades.

Jaclyn - glad you enjoyed your holiday. The Canary Islands sound like a nice place. It's actually mentioned in the novel I'm editing, so thank you for confirming for me that he'd spelt 'Tenerife' correctly. I was too weary to google it.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Sean, congratulations on finally getting MS Office installed.

You know, the one thing about Twitter and Facebook is having to "unfriend" people just to drop the clutter. It just feels like you're being rude when you're really not. You get so many friend requests it feels rude not to accept them, and then things get unwieldy.

Perhaps you can set up another account?

Brenda, seriously, straight Bailey's on the rocks? Two full wine glasses? I know Bailey's is good, but I just can't take too much of the sweetness, it starts turning my stomach. Have you ever had a chocolate martini? Very good, but the problem with sweet drinks is they don't taste like alcohol and then you drink too much.

I believe I have had Havarti cheese, but it apparently didn't make a distinct impression on me. I'll give it another go.

Lynne, sorry to hear about this editing chore you're doing for someone else. That's why I never volunteered as a beta reader, I have tremendous respect for the creativity process, and anyone who at least tries to write. I would have a terrible time shooting them down.

Sorry to hear your financial loss on securing your license through an agency. I have used agencies before when I really needed something to get expedited, but they do charge for that service.

Songbird, congratulations on your impending auntihood. Sorry to hear about the mold, it's amazing how destructive water can be. Your stories about Bug and Mr. Man are too funny!

Caryn, glad to see you here! I agree that if Stephenie was in on working this final battle out and she signed off on it, we just have to sit back and enjoy. Now that the last trailer shows B&E battling together, it's hard to argue for the peaceful walk away. The "Merchant of Venice" mental battle doesn't quite work for the big screen when you've assembled the largest vamp armies in movie history.

One caveat: please, please, don't have another "Edward in trouble" scene again. The man is one of the world's greatest fighters and he's had problems in each of the movies, let him have one where he is completely triumphant. Is that too much to ask for?

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, I hope she gets better.

Susie, yeah, 25 points off is bad. The average from the prior season carries over to the first 3 weeks of the next season. Otherwise, average is established on your first night. Since I play in a handicap league, my team can bowl better than the other team and still lose due to handicap. Fortunately, I was only down by 5 points this last week. My average is usually about 180. My best game was a 289, which I hit twice. That's a spare, then 10 strikes, then 9 pins for the last ball. I couldn't even get the 11-in-a-row honor. I have bowled 9 strikes in a row twice, and screwed up my perfect starts in the 10th frame both times. I usually don't succumb to pressure, but the desire for a 300 kicks in and nerves begin to sabotage you. I might have had it by now if I was bowling on synthetic lanes, but we bowl on beat up wooden lanes, one of the few left in Florida that are still sanctioned.

Marielle, believe me, I know we were lucky. Throw in a waterfront location, though, and the price would have been much, much higher. I can dream, but I'd likely have to win the lottery for that.

Jaclyn, sounds like you had a blast. That was some hot weather there. The island sounds really cool.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Just a quick post for right now.

Austin: It's not so much my friends on there, but some of the people who they have to deal with.

Marielle: No, I'm not reading 50 Shades...I can write a novel on what I find eff'd up about that story.

Had a good day at work, slept in after I got home, and I'm still sorting some stuff out.

And for the racing fans here, news about one of the few teams that I feel is worthy of flying the JPS Lotus colors:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... -mans-win/

I'll be back later :)
Last edited by Chernaudi on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/