Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Susie - Ah yes, we had Romper Room over here when I was growing up. She never said my name, though. :(

Marielle - it's not too bad ... comparatively. I can't remember the percentage of unemployed, but we've definitely had worse.

Okay people. Here's a link to my book trailer. Enjoy!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

About ready to un-friend a person on FB (not from here, though). I wonder if what she said about Kristen she'd be willing to apply to Rob as an actor...
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hiya all! Happy Cake day! For those of you not familiar with it, cake day is the 2nd Thursday of each month and is just a day my friends came up with to celebrate our love of all things cake-like. We are not cakeist, so whether you choose to enjoy cookies, donuts, brownies, cake, or just a bit of chocolate, it's fine. I will be making some scone type things with light yogurt sauce and fruit. Yay!

Lynne, I liked your book trailer..the voice over part about it being true sounds so creepy! Is it a thriller as well as sci-fi? That's so great that your son's school is supportive. I remember you said he reads and was going to probably go to the next grade up for reading.

Tracy, that's an interesting poster...it's a very different style from the previous ones, isn't it? You are certainly busy, aren't you?

Susie, nice to see some more faces back, isn't it? What is your ice breaker speech about? Yes, I'm so glad Bug is a reader. She woke up this morning with a nightmare at 4 am and asked if she could read to make it go away.

Marielle, it's supposed to be dry the whole day here I think. Is it rainy over where you are? Yes, I'm wondering if I'm fighting something off...I'm kind of sneezy, too. Maybe I should take some zinc. Wow....I've never heard of that dentist. I like our dentist...he's nice, and he told us when we first went in that if people want something for pain, he will give it to them because so many people are anxious. He said a lot of times, the shot hurts worse than the procedure would, but he believes the patient has to make that choice for themselves or they will be too nervous.

Sean, someone expressing some fightin' words?

See you all later!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Songbird: Some chick who says that Kristen sucks as an actress because of what she said about "finding herself" as an actress. Rob has much the same style, so I wonder if this chick is brave enough to say the same about him? I won't even bother asking her that, as I'll just go ahead and unfriend her. Not like we talk much anyways, and she never got how I was a big Twilight fan anyways.

Here's her comments:

"- "My biggest thing about acting is that you're not pretending to be someone else; you're just finding yourself."
–Kristen Stewart to The Hollywood Reporter on the importance of her craft.

Definition of Acting:
1. Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another.
2. The occupation of an actor or actress.
3. False behavior; pretense.

...Well no wonder she's a &#%*!@ actress"

That's worth an unfriend, isn't it, considering that she probably does feel the same about Rob.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Sorry to double post, but I unfriended the chick, because she's an R&K hater, to put it short. She may've cost me a friend on Twitter and FB because I vented about what she said, but I did unfriend this other chick because of her running her mouth, and I believe that she's afraid to say that "Rob Sucks" because she knows that people will jump all over her on it. That's cowardice IMO, and I can tell that she doesn't like Rob much, either. She's a R&K hater, pure and simple...

corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Songbird, sounds like little Bug is a smart one. When they have the interest you simply have to feed them. I'm glad to hear you supported your daughter's desire and interest in reading. Boredom is a killer for education, good news that her teacher understands that and will support her higher level reading as well.

I have had Bailey's and butterscotch schnapps before, very good but very sweet, tastes like candy. Over here, we have a rather risque name for that particular drink.

Lynne, I have no problem with Josh as an actor, but it felt to me that there was something definitely missing there in the chemistry between him and Jennifer. I felt the book character was braver and smarter and shrewder, and you could tell he definitely had strong feelings for Katniss.

Tracy, hmmm, maybe they could borrow that box from Taylor and give it to Josh?

Susie, I remember Romper Room and Miss Betty. How cool that you were on one of those shows!

Yeah, the sauce got it's name from the Tabasco peppers. If you google the name and see the pics you'll find they look really cool even if you don't want the peppers. They are about 5 times as hot as Jalapenos. I'm hoping I get some peppers off of these, I have a Habanero that looks great but hasn't given me any peppers yet. My Jalapenos produce a lot, continuously.

When people think of Florida it is usually Miami. Miami rarely will get a freeze. Tampa and Orlando, Ginnie's area, will get a freeze most years at least once. We aren't too far from Miami, but those extra miles south makes a big difference. I checked the data, and Tampa will average at least one extreme low of 25F to 30F during winter, which is freezing and kills off tropical plants. Miami is 35F to 40F, which means they get to keep their tropical plants, while we have to either pot ours and bring them indoors or provide heat during frosts.

Marielle, the Toronto rumors are based at least on the fact, I believe, that K&R and speaking and will be able to appear together at some point in the future. The stuff about them getting back together is pure speculation, but at least based on some interesting theories concerning the clothing, and how Kristen just seems to be able to find clothes that Rob has appeared before in pics. The theory goes, what are the odds she would be able to find those exact clothes, and the possible answer is that she has access to his wardrobe. I don't know about that, but she does seem determined.

My wife got into Game of Thrones first. I ended up sitting in on a few shows and got interested and then went back to HBO's on demand service and watched all of them, then got the books.

Sean, that is an interesting statement that your friend pulled up. I don't agree with her sentiments, but it does seem to mesh with a theory I had that I shared with you. Her conclusion seems to be that Kristen is a phony. My own theory is that Kristen dives into her roles and loves experiencing their lives, and that she might possibly have viewed her own real life as lacking something.

P.S. Bowling tonight!

MEN VS. WOMEN!!!!

My all-men team against an all-women team. We are coughing up 85 points of handicap per game to them.

Just remember, I am an HH brother, and therefore family. You must support me. These other women are "sisters", but only in the technical "We are the World", "Sisters are Doing it for Themselves" solidarity sense, not the truly real Twilight HH family sense. They are not really your sisters. Not really. They may not even like Rob. I don't know, I haven't asked them, but wouldn't that be a deal-breaker?

You must support corona.

And they might not like Rob.

Word.
Last edited by corona on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Austin: This chick is a long time R&K hater, and she never liked either one or any of the Twilight films. So I say good riddance to her as a friend, though when venting to Twitter friends about it, one of them misunderstood and unfriended me because of it. Well, I guess that's the penalty for being my own person.

So, yeah, I'm kinda pissed off right now, so I'm probably gonna go to bed, probably the best place for me right now.

I'll be back later.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Still no payment from Mr Edit My Script. I've nearly finished it though. Only about twenty pages to go, thank heavens!

Songbird - Hey, I'm happy to celebrate cake day! I love cake! And chocolate and ice cream and ... You think that bit in my trailer sounds creepy? Guess whose voice that is? :D Yes, Little Man's reading is going in leaps and bounds. It's so nice when you can see that they're good at something, isn't it? All those years of reading to him have paid off.

Sean - I do think Rob and Kristen's acting styles are very different, but there are plenty of actors who would say the same thing as Kristen. If it doesn't fit what this girl thinks acting is it only shows how narrow minded she is.

Austin - I agree that the chemistry might not have worked, but they weren't given much of a chance in movie one. We'll see if Catching Fire is better. And sorry, but girls stick with girls!! It's policy!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello There!

My happy memories of Romper Room have been shattered! Apparently it was some sort of syndicated show!! I mean if Lynne saw it in Australia, and Austin saw it in Florida and they both saw Miss Betty too.....and probably not in 1963....well, then Miss Betty and Romper Room weren't REAL at all!! :cray:

I love this smilie. :mod: I think I'll use it for - Anyone know where Christina is? She hasn't been on the Lex in a couple of months!! Ginnie - please tell her she is missed here!

Lynne - The fact that your editee hasn't paid yet is extremely tacky. I watched your book trailer - very cool, indeed!! Are you alluding to Songbird that it was your voice??? I suspected it....

Songbird - Happy Cake Day to you too! You are making me very hungry. Just how many friends are in this group? That's so mature of your little Bug to problem solve a way to make herself feel better after a nightmare - reading! And you didn't have to be the one to suggest it. Not only is she a precocious reader, but one who knows her own soul!

Austin - Yes, yes. We'll cheer for you because you are our brother...

Sean - You should just let those fb posts roll off your back. Don't give them more attention than they deserve, which is not much. Good idea to unfriend.

Marielle
- Fall is in the air? Ah!! Reminds me of last fall when I was there. Happy memories! I hope one of those 3 houses is one that you like.

Tonight I went to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I absolutely loved it!!! Such incredibly fine acting.

Tomorrow is my day off. I need to get some serious business accomplished. :write:
(now you'll all be checking up on me, which isn't a bad thing)

Nighty Night!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Susie - no, no. We didn't have Miss Betty. The one we had was Australian (Can't remember her name, but it definitely wasn't Betty, and she had an Australian accent). But, you know, that mirror really didn't work ...