Not so much new stuff going on in my life right now. Went for a walk tonight with hubs. Bought a lottery ticket for the Wednesday drawing, in hopes of winning $20 mil and being able to get us all to LA for the premiere. (Cost, plus being able to say to hubs: look, even after taxes we still have $7 million - I can throw a party if I want.) Following BD2 news and waiting for them to announce marathons, Amy, Joyce, Lulu
! Being completely owned by tara sue me's Submissive, Dominant, Training. I no longer have any words at all for inferior BDSM Twific. Felt like Lexing and came here, natch, and realized:
Happy Hump Day!
Since I really can't post on Wednesday because I work a 12 hour shift.
- Bailey's is one of my fave drinks. I like the sweet - I don't like the taste of alcohol. And yes, I have sometimes drank too much that way, but that was usually in college. Funny how I cut back on my drinking after I hit 21! I don't think I've had a chocolate martini, but I have had Godiva liqueur ... mmm. Next time I'm out, I'll see if I can get a chocolate martini. Let me know about the Havarti re-encounter. Boy, liquor and cheese, pretty sophisticated crowd here at the HH. Oh, and about me saying it was a beach house - typically (at least lately) when we get a new thread the moderator who opens it or a member puts up a picture of the current incarnation of the Halfway House, and I think the most recent variation is the vacation house on Isle Esme. We decorate and add on in the early posts of the new thread. Go check it out ... if you can stand the Robcrack
This time I think house decoration was cut off early by Cheatgate (I think I got that from Caryn)>
- Family don't demote family. Nuff said. (Oh, and luffs!) I'm sorry about your grandmother, it happened that way for my grandfather-in-law. I think people who lose their partner when they have little ones, live for the kids; but when even your grandkids are grown, and your partner and so many others have already gone, there is less interest in sticking around here. Shift back to the trailer - yes, Garrett, swoon. I didn't get it from the stills, not until I saw him in action. Laura's blog post of the fansite Bill interview says that Bill thought Lee was perfect for Garrett, and easy to cast.
- Welcome back! Beautiful pic of Teide, and Tenerife sounds wonderful, thanks for explaining. Glad you had a good time!
- Hi honey! Maybe Kris's makeup was to make her look younger. I just thought she looked tired, and maybe a bit thinner.
- Regarding good covers, as someone who has lingered over many, many book covers; take a tip from Kris and think about what style of art would well reflect the content of your book. It's YA, right, more a teen audience? So something more abstract than HP, where the cover tells a scene from the story, but still colorful and engaging, like Hourglass. Do you think it would be equally appealing to boys and girls? How about a retro 50's-looking sci-fi-y cover? How about a sleek modernistic cover? Maybe an Impressionist style? How much influence do you have over the cover art? And of course, you want to give the artist some freedom, since they might have a brillant idea. Stress, I know, but fun too! Regarding the edit of the guy's book; well, it's your honest opinion. Everybody has different tastes. Is there anything contractual about getting your money back if you don't like the edit job?
- I am glad you were not on your usual tram! Thanks for the shirt update. Definitely crawling after what, 6 weeks? It does sound like she is sending a message - something like, fine, you won't take my texts, but I'm still wearing your shirt. I only know to hope that they are both able to move into whatever happy will be for them. If the conservatives in our countries take over and send us home to clean and cook, we will band together and start an Internet revolution! And write smutty fic on the side.
- 9/11 has to be remembered. Hope that it is remembered well, and if you want, just ignore everything that day. Better yet, use it as a refreshing media-free day, and if people ask you can say that it is your way of marking 9/11. I tend to avoid it myself. I cried my eyes out for 2 days when it happened, and on and off for a long time after, and find that since I remember well without a memorial, it's just more comfortable for me to not listen to the tearjerking on the media when it is just tearjerking.
- Yuck, mold. My BiL's girlfriend's house just got mold - and they just moved in. Good luck with that, and I hope insurance will cover it. Are you allergic to mold? Sounds like the kids are having a cute time! No, I haven't heard of "friend books" here, but it's a heck of a good idea, maybe I will start a craze here. Anything that gets them to write is good. Congratulations on your loss of inches! That's better than weight loss any day.
- For any major event, remote parking and free ride is Da Bomb. And the alcohol erased any worries I might have had, including about the lactose
Seriously, a little milk here and there is ok. Have fun with your new/old students this year!
- Meh, work is work. I did just get offered a permanent position, so that will be more stable. Sean originally posted a link about these die-cast cars last spring, and they are supposed to be out soon. The pics of Bella's truck look great. I think they follow the movie, actually, which is a shame, because I'd love to have the Aston Martin. If that Volvo's not silver and not a sporty 4-seater, I may avoid it. No SUVs!
Hi Jenn Jenn
, and anyone else I missed!