Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today was kinda a long day at work. It wasn't a bad day, just a lot to do.

This will mostly be a cat update. First of all, Marcy left the house Sunday night; she escaped from where the older cats get outside. However, she returned Tuesday morning and she's stayed in the house ever since, and she'll let people pet her and she'll at least tolerate being held, though you have to catch her by surprise. She also likes playing with people, too.

Also, Mama kitty got out of her carrier last night on her own, and she let my brother hold her for a couple of minutes. They were feral cats, but they've both adjusted to being indoors where it's safe and they have access to food. If they stay around, they can be decent mousers come winter, due to their hunting for food in the past. And Marcy was probably just curious, went out side and decided that she would rather stay inside.

Also, there's this from Audi testing at Monza this week to get ready for Le Mans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGXCIw96-N0

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I don't have a ton of stuff on tap for today. I'll mostly be looking up some stuff, doing a few dishes, and making myself a chicken dinner tonight.

I do have some big plans for the weekend, though. Mostly, I'll be getting paid tomorrow, which means grocery shopping, and on Saturday, I have a big outing at the Bird Sanctuary, where I'll try and watch a barn owl perform falconry stuff.

But outside of that, I don't have too much going on. I do wish it was warmer and sunnier though. This feels more like February than April.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today I've got a heap of things to do. I need to get my hair cut, then do some shopping for the cake I need to bake for Hubby's birthday on Monday (which we're celebrating along with my mother's on Sunday) and I need to get a flower wreath from the florist for Anzac Day, which is tomorrow. The shops are shut all day on Anzac Day as well, so I need to make sure I've got all cake ingredients because if I don't, I can't get them then!

Anzac Day is Australia's commemorative day for those who've lost their lives fighting for this country in wars. I don't normally buy a wreath but it's the 100th anniversary tomorrow, as it's on the same day that the ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corp) began fighting in World War I at Gallipoli. My great uncle died that very day. Tomorrow is the 100th anniversary of his death and I've written a special blog post about him which I will post at midday (our time) tomorrow, as that's when dawn comes at Anzac Cove, and he would have been trying to get up the cliffs at Gallipoli by the time dawn broke. I think it's going to be a sad day.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's early on Anzac morning here. We've finished watching the dawn service on TV. They were expecting 30,000 people to attend the one in the city and it looks like they exceeded that. It was packed! I'll have to start getting ready for the one we'll be attending in a couple of hours. I will be posting some photos on Facebook later on.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I had a decent day at work today, got some good stuff grocery-wise, and I'm planning for my bird sanctuary visit tomorrow. Hopefully while I'm there, I'll learn more about where one of my favorite owl's new homes at the sanctuary will be. Even if he won't be a major part of the show, I hope to at least visit him.

Other than that, I just have the usual stuff planned, though I have an unusual sleep cycle for the next day or two because of the early start that I'll have tomorrow.

And here's a new video of Audi testing at Monza:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eim-ZGjc6Ck

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's just Sean and me playing tag at the moment, it seems!

Anzac Day went really well. I managed to keep Little Man in sight while we marched down the street with his school. He was a bit nervous about that because last year he lost sight of me. This year it was okay. I laid my uncle's wreath at the memorial and I must admit I got a bit choked up. It was an emotional moment. There are a couple of photos and videos on Facebook if you're on there and you want to have a look.

I also managed to get Hubby's cake made, in spite of a miscalcuation with the sugar, and I got all the other baking done too. Now I just have to do the washing this morning (I normally would have done it yesterday) before we go to church this morning. I really wish I'd been able to sleep in, as we were up so early yesterday morning. Oh well, at least we went to bed early last night.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

The past few days I've been trying to settle back in at work and get us back on track around the house. It's never easy when once of us isn't feeling well since it throws everything off. Jason's cold turned into a sinus infection :(

I found John Green's Paper Towns in the airport on the way to Disney and bought it off of Amazon because it grabbed me. I hope it's as good as TFIOS, I wasn't impressed with what I read of Abundance of Katherine's.

Lynne-ANZAC day sounds lovely, I saw the photos you posted. What a cool experience for you.

I assume you don't sleep in but rather get LM up for school?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty good day today. I saw my owls at the bird sanctuary, including getting within a couple of inches of Monty the Barn Owl. Only negative point is that it was raining, but that didn't really happen until after I got done with about everything, and while it was raining hard, I got to sit under the visitor center overhang with Monty and a Kestrel.

I also had a great chicken tenders meal at Old Bag of Nails and after that, I went home. So it was a pretty good day.

Other than that, the usual is in the cards for me now.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm working for Rochelle again today. At least I've got work I've also been paid for my private editing job so it's nice to see a bit of money coming in.

Sarah - poor Jason! Hopefully he'll get better soon. I don't usually sleep in very much, and Little Man never does. He's an early riser and likes to make sure we are too.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

A bit of a quieter weekend here which has been nice, just recovering and taking care of Jason. We're currently binge watching a show called Reba, which stars the country singer Reba Mcintyre and it's pretty funny. It's always nice when we find stuff to watch together.

Lynne-oh I'm glad you've got some work to do! Any idea what you're going to do next?