Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Past couple of days have been pretty decent. I got some grocery stuff yesterday and on Monday I plan on trying to get my hands on a couple of magazines at the book store.

Other than that, I'm just doing the usual stuff and trying to get some stuff done this weekend.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Despite plenty of nerves, the book signing went well. In fact, I sold my first copy as soon as I sat down! It was a little slow at times, but I ended up selling five copies of The Heir and one each of The Crown and The Reign. I've done better before, but I've also done much worse. Seven copies is fine by me!

Boy, it's an exhausting procedure though, trying to catch the eye of passers-by and engage them in conversation without being too pushy. It really wears me out.

Sarah - Yes, I love trying to support small business too. I do all my fruit, veg and meat shopping from a local green grocer. I used to use a smaller chain supermarket for the rest of my shopping but the place I used closed down, unfortunately. I buy Australian made and owned wherever I can.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Another gorgeous day here, so Jason and I went to the farmers market and took the dog, who loves to socialize with all the dogs and people there. He's got a shameless habit of begging from random strangers who are eating, ugh. It's cute but annoying sometimes because I feel so bad. Most people think he's adorable though.

Lynne-Good job! That has to be so hard, trying to attract people but not be obnoxious. I encounter those at yard sales sometimes and they annoy me to no end.

It's hard to buy American made mass products but the farmers market or buying used is one way I like to do it. There's a great discount grocery store that is employee owned, where all the employees own stock in the company, and it's inexpensive as well, so I do the majority of my shopping there.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hello everyone!

I am a little bit down these days and I believe I know the reason: I am reading Breaking Dawn. Although I adore it, it always has this impact on me. When I don’t read it, I daydream about it and when I finally decide to read it I am getting depressed… :?

Yesterday I ordered the first Harry Potter book in order to give it to my 10 year-old niece for her name day. This way I will have the chance to read it too, since I haven’t done it till now! I remember ten-fifteen years ago there were people in church here who were against the books because they allegedly conveyed wrong messages to kids. Was this the case in your countries, too?

Sarah, I read a tweet recently from a guy that said that he was watching Twilight for the first time and enjoying it. I believe you should give it a try with Jason! :clap:
A clutter-free home is awesome, but how you do it?

Lynne, it’s so nice that you did well in the book signing! I am sure you will get used to it and you will grow to like it!

Sean, I guess Athena is named after the Greek goddess. Her symbol was an owl and she was the goddess of wisdom. Here in Greece -and I believe in other places too- we still consider the owls as the birds of wisdom!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

it's a public holiday here today so we'll be going for a drive up to the mountains to have a picnic. Hopefully it won't be too cool (or too busy) up there. I'm baking some nice crusty bread in the breadmaker to make some yummy sandwiches for us.

Michelle - I remember the first time I read Breaking Dawn how much the first half upset me. I nearly gave up on it. I was wondering where my beautiful love story had gone! I was glad I persevered, of course, and there are certainly aspects of the book that annoy the hell out of me.
I've read all the Harry Potter books and enjoyed them. Yes, there was a huge outcry amongst many church people here when the books first came out. I was fielding quite a few antagonistic articles when I was the editor of a Christian magazine. Nowadays, I know many Christians who adore it and I hardly ever here from anyone who thinks it's a problem.

Sarah - yes, it's hard trying to engage people in a way that makes them comfortable. I like the sound of your employee-run grocery store. I don't think I've heard of that happening over here.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today it hit 88 degrees here which is really strange for this early in the year! We're lucky if we get this weather at all during the summer, let alone in early June. It's supposed to stay in the 80s all week.

I talked Jason into buying a plastic kiddie pool and we ended up sitting outside for a while, soaking our feet in the cold water and reading. Air conditioning isn't standard here but thankfully we have a lot of fans to help us sleep.

Lynne-Have fun on your picnic, sounds fun :) I used to have a bread maker that I loved until it broke..now I'm just not sure I'd use it if I got a new one.

Michelle-good to see you here again! I haven't read HP, originally because of the Christian viewpoint about them but now they just don't interest me.

Jason's seen the movies, under duress, but he really likes Forks. We've stayed there in cabins before, it's beautiful.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Well, yesterday's picnic didn't go exactly as planned.

Little Man had a stomach ache when he woke up. He told me not to worry. He was fine. While he was still talkative, he was quieter than usual, and that's an indication that he's not fine. I took his temperature a couple of times and it was normal. I kept asking if he wanted to stay home. Nope. So we packed up our picnic lunch and headed for our favourite spot.
When we got there, Little Man got out the soccer ball to kick it around with Hubby. However, I could tell he just wasn't as enthusiastic as usual. Soon he came and sat next to me. Hubby tried to convince us that we should go on a bushwalk. But Little Man's lip was wobbling.
'Are you feeling all right? Do you want to go home?' I asked.
'Yes, I want to go home,' he said.
So we packed up our uneaten picnic and took him home where he promptly fell asleep in his bed and slept for two hours. He was a bit sick last night but assures me he's well enough to go to school today.

Sarah - I love my breadmaker. I wouldn't be without it now. :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've been pretty busy the past couple of days, and asleep when I haven't been busy. At least I don't have to go into work tomorrow.

I have some stuff that I want to do tonight and I'll probably be making hamburgers and fries at some point.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'll just be doing my usual stuff today. This is Le Mans week so I'm getting ready for that. And right now I'm getting ready to make my grandma dinner and myself some dinner. In this case, it'll probably be hamburgers and fries. I wanted to make that last night, but instead I had some mixed nuts and fell asleep.

Other than that, I haven't really been up to much.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm feeling a bit troubled today. I've been having trouble balancing my anti-depressants and it's been effecting my sleep. I had a good night last night, thankfully, but the whole thing is really troubling. I wish my brain worked normally.
Last edited by Tornado on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.