Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

The world is a abuzz with the terror attack in Paris. Now there's been another in a university in Kenya. Why do people think this is the answer?

Last week, my favourite TV show, Doctor Who, had a wonderful anti-war speech. I wish we could translate it into every language and drop it to these people. Of course, it wouldn't mean they changed. They're too interested in power for that.

Other than that, it's been a nice, quiet weekend. There's been a cover reveal for the anthology I'm in, which will be released soon. Unfortunately, I don't like the cover. It makes it look like a cheap self-published book (and I guess that's really what it is). However, everyone else thinks it's wonderful and I'm tired of being the person who always goes against the flow, so I'm shutting up this time.

Sarah - thanks so much for the encouragement. :D And you go, girl, and make your stand by staying away from the shops!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Yesterday was fairly quiet, I met up with my BFF for dinner and we wandered the mall after. The weather has been ridiculous, tons and tons of rain yesterday and now really cold!! It makes it feel more Christmassy to me, so I'm itching to bring out the tree already! With all the drama at work and all the sadness of Paris, I need something happy to focus on.

Lynne-It's hard always being the contrary person, right? I tend to be the same way..and it's hard to keep my mouth shut!

The attacks are so sad and you're right, it is about power. I tend to forget that as I read about suicide bombers. I always hate when I read about senseless deaths done in the name of religion (I know Christians aren't perfect either but it still gets me).
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I finished going through the manuscript of my latest novel and have taken care of all the edits Rochelle gave me. I've given some excerpts to a guy I know who handles restoration conferences (which is a theme in the novel) to make sure I've got those right. Once he comes back to me, I'll give it another once-over and send it back to Rochelle.

Nothing else really on today.

Sarah - yes, it is hard being the contrary person. I always have been. It's why I don't have a lot of friends! Yes, I always feel sorry for the suicide bombers, although really angry with them too. It's all so sad, all this fighting. It doesn't solve anything.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hellooooo????
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Yesterday was chaotic, with getting a call in the morning to go into work but thankfully at least I got to sleep in before seeing my boss had called. It was only a half day and I still ran a few errands, just threw me off my game a little. Today work was back to normal but then we had a freak storm that shut down power in half the town so getting home took forever. At least we still have power and the storm seems to have settled down.

Lynne-Good luck editing your novel! Are you still off from the horrible job for time being?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Has Sean left us? If so, it's just you and me here, Sarah.

I really wish more of our Halfway House buddies would come back. :(

Anyway, today I'm back to work. :roll: I'll let you know how I go when I'm here tomorrow.

Sarah - Storms can really stuff up traffic! We haven't had a really bad one here yet this season, but it's only a matter of time. I've finished the first read through of my novel, and now I'll leave it a couple of weeks before going through it again and then sending it back to Rochelle.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Good work day today, such a relief! I've decided in honor of the Mockingjay premiere Friday I'll listen to the movies in order while I work. Today I finished THG and tomorrow will do CF. Thankfully I have digital copies on my iPod. It helps break up the quiet at work. I can only imagine how quiet this job would've been pre-technology!

Jason and I are going to the movie Friday night and this time I was able to find a theater that let me reserve seats ahead of time :) I don't think he and I have seen a movie in theaters since Mockingjay Part 1. He doesn't really care to see them in theaters and I tend to go with my girlfriends because does he really want to see Pitch Perfect 2? :P

Lynne-We have power and nothing in my area was closed today but there's branches everywhere. We had a really dry summer so the rain has been welcome but maybe not in such massive quantities? :lol: How's the weather during your summer?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I had an interesting day at work yesterday.

My boss had emailed me earlier in the week to say she was making some 'major changes'. I wasn't sure what that meant, but when I went in, I found out. She'd let go one of her full time staff, as her job just wasn't doing what she'd hoped it would. Then the employee turned around and tried to steal some of her best clients!

She's also decided to move the office back to her home. This will save her a lot of costs. She also wants her editors to work from home. Unfortunately, since I'm also her assistant, this doesn't include me, which was a let down. However, I spoke to her at length about time off for school holidays and she even seemed okay with the idea of me taking a week or two (if it isn't busy) if I have a lot of private editing jobs coming in! So yesterday was a far more relaxed day. I think a lot of that had to do with that staff member not being there. I found her difficult to deal with, so I'm hoping this will make it better.

Sarah - I'm envious that you're seeing Mockingjay so soon! It was released here yesterday, but now that I work on Thursdays, I couldn't see it. I won't get time to see it until next Wednesday. Never mind. Our summers are usually pretty hot. Even in November it can be that way (as it is supposed to be today and tomorrow). Also, we regularly get big storms in November and December. By January, cyclones (or hurricanes, as you call them) usually start forming, although they don't often come as far south as Brisbane.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Long day at work but at least Big Bang Theory was cute tonight :) I'm just looking forward to getting out tomorrow since next week will be so busy with work so we have time off for the holiday next week.

Lynne-I'll be doing the same for Star Wars, seeing it the Wednesday after with my Dad. I saw one of our Lexers saw MJ already and I want to avoid all reviews/spoilers! So what happens with your job now? You have to be her assistant at her house? How awkward if so!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's Saturday ... and it's going to be really, really hot. I've got an 80th birthday party to go to this afternoon, and I don't think the place where it's being held is air conditioned, so I'll probably be sweating and boiling all afternoon. Rats. At least the party should be fun.

Sarah - I don't know that it's awkward. Rochelle's office was at her house too, and that was fine. It will depend on whether she's got a separate office area or not. I think her business, like Rochelle's also started in her home, so it's possible she does. We'll se how it goes. Yes, I noticed Jaclyn had seen Mockingjay. I successfully avoided the spoilers!