Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Yesterday was hot as expected but last night wasn't as bad as Sunday night las week, which was something. Anyway, today is Australia Day so it's a public holiday. On Australia Day we celebrate this country being colonised by the British when Captain Arthur Phillip arrived here on 26th January 1788 with the first fleet to start colonising the country. There will be lots of barbecues and fun things around today but unfortunately, it's again supposed to be quite hot so we probably won't go to any of them. The heat can be so oppressive when it's like this. We'll stay in the air conditioning.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today the weather felt more like spring than winter (mid 50s F in January is highly unusual here!) so Jason and I took Rolph over to see Luke today, the two dogs played together while Mom and I chit chatted.

The arcade was fun, just old school pinball and video games. It was quite nice to visit with my friend and be geeky for a while :)

Lynne-the GR Challenge I'm doing is just to read 100 books this year, no other criteria. I've been sticking a lot with biographies at the moment. Australia Day sounds fun, like our 4th of July :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I kinda slept in today again, but at least one of the cars I was pulling for won the Daytona 24 Hours. I was pulling for it mostly because it had a Ford engine in it and is the most modern engine being used in IMSA competition (though the Audi diesel engines that race are still far more advanced, as well as the Porsche V4 LMP1 engine), and being the most modern stock block engine being used in NA racing:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ganas ... -rolex-24/

Right now, I plan on looking up some stuff and making some home-made soup.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi there everyone!

We are done with the elections –thank God!- and now we are waiting to see how the things are going to be… I have never felt so scared in my life, for the future. We will wait and see what happens, I guess!

Lynne Happy Australia Day! And Happy Birthday to your dad! The photo must be one of a kind. I am sure it brought back many beautiful memories…

Sarah, in the past I loved to play all those games: tetris, pac man, arcanoid, lemmings later on super Mario… Well, now I am going to sound like an old lady but those were the days, indeed!!!

Oh, and the thing you said about the NFL and MLB (I did some searching – I even learnt that the final game will be held in Phoenix!!! ;) ) touches in the movies (and the books, right?) gave me an idea for a fan made image!

Sean, I read an article on MSN and although the subject was totally irrelevant I liked the photo that accompanied it, and I think you will like it too! (Ok, i don't know how to insert the picture, so I searced it on google - it's the first one!)

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:A ... GB42WjCuLJ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's the first day back at school for Little Man today. He was a bit teary last night but he seems fine this morning, which is good. Hopefully the day will go well for him.

We had a good day yesterday, mainly just sitting at home. Fortunately, it wasn't quite as hot as it had been on Sunday.

Sarah - well, I've already read eight books so far this year so maybe I should try that challenge. I also wrote a short story for an anthology due to be released some time this year. Hopefully it will be accepted.

Michelle - We've got our elections this Saturday. I'll be glad when it's done although I still don't know who I'm going to vote for. I don't like any of them!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I've recently cut my work week from 5 days to 4, so I had today off. I've spent the day finally trying to deep clean and organize the house..it's making me realize how much stuff we have! I'm culling stuff, old magazines and paperwork, to recycle, and finding DVDs we don't watch that often to sell. It's oddly liberating but way more tiring than I remembered. That explains why I don't do it that often haha :)

Lynne-I'm enjoying it so far, it's pushing me to read instead of fritter away time elsewhere. Helps me feel like I'm being more productive :) Hope LM does a good job at school today :)

Michelle-Glad you researched it :) I didn't put it together about the Super Bowl being in Phoenix, haha..I'm still amazed that our Seattle Seahawks made it!

I loved going back and playing the old school games :) I had a lot of them, Tetris, Dig Dug, and Lemmings on my computer as a kid but we eventually got an old school Nintendo so I could really experience Mario!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Feeling kinda grumpy today. It's one of those days when I'm thinking of all the things that annoy me and I'm getting angry about them. Not a great way to feel.

Little Man did well at school yesterday and his teacher is lovely, so that's good. :)

I'm working for Rochelle today. It's the first time in a while I'm actually working for her so we'll see how I go.

Sarah - Yes, I need to find a new book to read now. I've read all the ones I wanted to read, now I'm at a loose end.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I wasn't able to make it work on Monday because of the weather, and today my doctor's appointment got canceled early in the morning.

So I haven't been up to a whole lot the past couple of days. I do (hopefully) have an outing on Thursday and I'll be getting paid on Friday.

But other than that, I don't really have too much to say right now.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm feeling better today, although work with Rochelle was frustrating yesterday. My computer was slow and before I could do anything I had to wait for Rochelle to get me some things I needed that she'd forgotten to give me. I kept starting things then realised I couldn't do them because I didn't have this or that. I was there for 40 minutes before I managed to get anything complete! She's also wanting us to write down all our procedures, so when I did get started it took a long time to get it done because I was writing it all down. *sigh* At least I got it done in the end.

Today I'll be doing a lot of work on kindle advertising for The Heir.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I have an outing this morning and now I'm starting to get ready for that. It'll be cold and rainy today, but with yesterday, I was glad to have a normal day for a change because a lot of days this month have been wonky with me either being sick or there being bad weather.

I'll also start working an extra hour a day starting next week. A little extra money will be nice, and I also get paid and my Social Security money tomorrow, too. So I'll be buying some stuff after work tomorrow, too.

Also, I actually helped out with a friend it seems from talking to her about something last week, and I'll get to hear that story today. She told me that some stuff that I told her helped her out with something.