Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today we are decorating the house for Christmas :D Jason spontaneously went out and bought lights to put up outside, our first time doing that and I cleared a spot for our tree. We have to have a fake one, as Jason is allergic to pine, but it's still fun to dig it out and put it up. I'm hoping to be able to slow down and enjoy the season so I'm super glad I got most of my shopping done over the weekend. I'll be working a bit more, as we're just too busy for me not to, but I at least talked to my boss and she agreed to let me keep one of my Mondays' off during the month since I need it to finish my errands.

Lynne-oh yay about your sales!! How awesome :) I love putting up the tree as well, it's so much fun! I'm sure it's even better with kids, so you can develop traditions with them :) Good luck with your call!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First, some not so great news. I feel like I might have stomach flu right now. I hope that it clears up by morning so I can go into work.

Good news is that I found an article with specs and photos of the Audi R18 for 2016 that's actually from a website, so you don't have to have a Facebook account or a forum account to see it, though more detailed photos are at Audi Media Center:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/audi ... n-quattro/

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Yesterday work was a bit exhausting. The marketing call went okay. In fact, I convinced the guy to let me do a sample edit on his work, and boy, does it need it! However, I started editing another book and had to talk to my boss about it. It's a New Age instruction book on talking to spirits, and I'm a bit conflicted about being involved with it. Fortunately, she understands that. It's just a pity it's the only editing job I've got at the moment.

Sarah - We put our Christmas decorations up on Saturday. Plastic trees are common here - we have one. While some people do have real trees, because of the heat, they don't tend to last long, so plastic trees are the norm. It was so much fun to put the decorations up. We also have some new solar powered lights for outside. They look lovely.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today hasn't been much to write home about. I've been sick most of the weekend and today was no exception. I had to call off work and slept most of the day. Not exactly the day I was looking forward to.

Good news, though, is that I got up and washed dishes, so that's out of the way, and I found out that back earlier this month that Audi had a very successful test in France with the new R18 where the new car, in it's first major test, covered considerable distance.

Tomorrow, hopefully I'm better, since I have a lot of running to do.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Work went okay today and I ran a few errands after work. Tis the season for errands, right? I found out last night I get Friday off so I'm trying to get all the packages I need to mail ready by then so it's just done and taken care of!

Tomorrow kicks off Advent, which I'm excited for. We have a wooden Advent calendar that Jason and I fill with stuff for each other and this year we've decided to read a devotional together every night. It's fun developing traditions together :)

Lynne-well that makes much more sense! I wonder if real trees are more common in colder areas here, I never thought of it that way. I grew up with real trees but last year when my Mom hurt her back, they opted to do a fake tree (they weren't going to do a tree at all but I insisted and ended up putting it together) rather than real and because of their dog, I think they're putting it up again this year. He's not to be trusted around a real tree ;)

I'd feel the same way about the book that you do, bleh. It's why I never read the Mortal Instrument series.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

Yesterday was such a busy day. I had grocery shopping, a dentist appointment, I had to take an invoice to the bookstore at Capalaba where I had my signing on the weekend, and I had to take one to the bookstore where I had a signing back in October (it's about half an hour away). I had to get petrol in the car on the way home or else I would have been stranded, and I still made it back in time to get Little Man from school (just). Then we decorated some gingerbread Christmas trees I made for a special parent get-together we're having at Little Man's school this morning. Phew! This time of year can be really busy!

Sarah - yes. Amanda actually called me yesterday to confirm that I didn't want to do that book, so she could give it to someone else. I'm glad she's okay with it. Hopefully it won't cause the other girl who's now doing it to become overloaded with work.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Chaotic work day today thanks to a last minute cancellation happened because a client left their adorable but aggressive pit bull puppy out. I love dogs but not dogs seem mean and this one rushed at me like he wanted to attack me so I quickly left the house and called my boss who takes dog aggression seriously, thank God. Thankfully the client understood and we re-scheduled so the dog can put away next time. Jason and I had dinner with my father in law tonight to celebrate Jason's birthday as well, so a good ending to a decent day.

Lynne-errand days can feel accomplishing but exhausting. I love things like Christmas cookies! I'm not a big gingerbread fan but I'm sure they're cute. Glad your boss understood!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm back at work today. Hopefully my other editing job has come in, so I can at least feel productive. Yesterday's Christmas party went well. I came home with more food than I took, much of it celebratory food from other cultures. I love our parent group at school. We have so many different countries represented. It's great.

Sarah - I'm glad you got out before the dog decided it wanted to take matters further. Dogs can be scary when they're like that. I'm glad everyone was understanding of the situation.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Last night we had dinner with my parents to celebrate Jason's birthday and today work was crazy with a last minute call out. I'm so relieved I have tomorrow off! I'm getting the dog groomed and getting all the Christmas mailing done, which I hate, but afterward I'm seeing a friend to celebrate her engagement :)

Lynne-Your parents group sounds fun, so diverse :) When does MM go on holiday?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Yesterday at work was quite relaxing, mainly because the boss had a day off. Sad to say, things are more pressured when she's there. At times she makes me feel like I'm stupid for not knowing things, even though I've only been there for five weeks. But I do know she appreciates what I'm doing. It's just that her manner can be quite abrupt.

Little Man took some special exams earlier in the year. They're Australia-wide, but parents have to opt in (and pay) for them, so not all students do them. However, I think the more academic students are the ones who usually do. He got credits in all subjects, and was in the top 15% in English Australia-wide. Such a good job! :clap:

Sarah - Little Man finishes school for the year at the end of next week. Then we're going to the Bunya Mountains for a week. I probably won't be on here much then, as there's not much internet up there. Hope you enjoyed the engagement party. :)