Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

My father's book launch went really well. We had about 25 people in attendance. He sold a lot of copies of his books, and to my delight, I sold three full sets of my books too. I have never sold three sets in one day at any event I have yet attended so that was nice.

Because our church is so small we're not having it today, as everyone else is away for the school holidays. This is probably a good thing as we were supposed to be leading and I'm exhausted after cooking things for the book launch and cleaning the house and then playing hostess yesterday. It's going to be nice to have a day where I don't have to do very much.

Michelle - we've been following the situation over there and I've been worried about you and how you're doing. Do you know which way you're going to vote? I hear it's seems to be split pretty much 50/50. It will be interesting to see which way your country decides to jump. We'll be praying for you in the weeks ahead.
The novella will be primarily from Sarah's POV but it will go into Jill's a little, so you will see Hajitis being involved. They will be liasing over their 'phones' with someone they call 'the boss' and 'fearless leader' and will probably be called by his full name once but i'm trying not to openly identify him as many people reading this won't yet be familiar with the story.

Sarah - Oh well, read it aloud to yourself if he loses interest. I've done that!

Sean - happy 4th of July to you. :D
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Everyone must be having a great weekend ...
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

This weekend was super busy but quite fun. I spent most of yesterday at a family party, socializing and hanging out, and then lit off a few fireworks in my parents' neighborhood in the evening. Today I went to an airshow that my Dad's company puts on and it was nice to go a spectator and not a volunteer this year. Last year I counted the money and I was horrible at it so Dad chose wisely to have someone else do it :lol:

Thankfully my house wasn't affected by the fireworks at all, though I did hear sirens going off multiple times and it made me pretty nervous.

Lynne-I'm so glad the party went so well!! How exciting :) I'm hoping to get some more reading done today and I'll gladly re-read it if Jason loses interest!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man's off to a theme park with his grandparents today so I'm hoping I can get a few things done. I'm in the middle of writing a difficult scene in my novella. It's a scene with a debate in it. I never did debating and it doesn't exactly interest me so it makes it tricky to write. Thankfully, the help of my Lex friends on Facebook has given me some resources and I think it's going okay at the moment. I'm still worried about the word count, though. I haven't even made it to 10,000 yet and it's supposed to be a minimum of 15,000. I can't see this story making it that high. I can only hope that Rochelle won't worry too much about that.

Sarah - I'm glad you had such a good time on the weekend. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

A decent Monday and I stopped by the library on the way home. I stumbled upon a book written by Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, detailing his previous addictions and how he got clean. He gives self-help tips throughout the book so it's different to read that type of memoir of sorts.

I think Jason is starting to get hooked! We made it through the rest of chapter 2 and all of chapter 3 tonight and it's amusing me to try and mimic Rob and Kirsten's voices, though sometimes I do think of Book Bella and Book Edward being other people, since the scenes aren't exact in the movies. Of course, I can't really think that any script writer could get it exactly done the way it's written in a book!

Lynne-So what you're working on is sort of like the short stories Veronica Roth did, right? Good luck getting more words! In some ways, writing reminds me of high school, with word limits and page numbers!
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hi guys!

Thank you for the support and your prayers. You are awesome!

I am not sure on how the things are. The referendum wasn’t a 50-50 after all. Before it, you mostly heard disappointing things on the situation. Now everyone is milder I would say – provided that the politics will reach an agreement. In the meantime, the banks are going to be closed for the whole week and in the island where I live the gas stations have no gas for the time being…

Lynne, great news for you and your dad! You should do more events together! I am a little bit confused with the “fearless leader” but I am sure that you are going to do a really good job! ;)

Sarah, your weekend with the family and the 4th of July celebrations sounds fun! Do the rest of your family shares your passion for the saga?
So you got to that point in the book where it’s difficult to put it down. I am jealous of those who haven’t read the whole series yet – so many emotions to experience in the near future… And, you can mimic Rob’s voice?!?!?! :lol:
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man had a lovely time at Movieworld yesterday and I got a lot done, including finishing that difficult section in my novella. I've now passed the 10,000 word mark and I'm starting to think I might make the 15,000 word mark, although I'm not sure. We'll have to see.

Today I'm taking Little Man to see the MInions movie. He's been wanting to see it all holidays so hopefully he'll enjoy it. :)

Michelle - you're not sure who the fearless leader is? There's a comment from Hajitis late in The Heir when he says, "Hardly brilliant planning, oh, fearless leader." What can I say? Haj is a sarcastic brute. :D I hope things are sorted out over there soon.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hellooooo?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I had half a post written last night but I ended up reading some more to Jason :) We got through another chapter and now he seems a bit more intrigued.

Today after work we went and had dinner with my parents-they cooked for us, which was super sweet- and just hung out. My Dad has been so busy with his air show stuff that it's been a while since we've gotten to see him. We're still enjoying the nice weather, though in Forks it's supposed to be back to normal and in the 60s!

Michelle-My sister read the books but stopped watching the movies after Bella ended up with Edward. She was totally Team Jacob haha. I got my Mom to watch the first one but she made fun of it-she couldn't get over Jacob's long hair, among other things.

And I am horrible at mimic the voices but it makes me laugh to attempt them :)

Lynne-I'm so glad your writing is going well! I'm jealous the Minion Movie is out over there already!!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been posting much this week. I've been busy, sick, and in pain. I did finally get to see a doctor about my shoulder, and now I'm on medication for it. I have to also try and get an x-ray done on Friday, too.

Work has been going fine aside from scanning system updates and my shoulder/arm pain.

So today I'm going to try and get some dishes washed and some other stuff done that I've been putting off.

At least the entry marked as Lia here has made me feel a bit better:

http://www.chapeaumagazine.com/nl/headl ... onclash-1/

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/