What was the last movie you saw?

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by Kate »

ringswraith wrote:Just saw Tangled. If anyone's still on the fence about this movie, I highly recommend it. Pascal totally wins the "best animal sidekick" award in my book. :D
I second! A lovely movie! :)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 - Saw this at the cinema last week and was surprised how dark/mild horror there was at times. I enjoyed the film and it felt like it was leading up to something big so looking forward to part 2. The acting, mystery and plot thickening gets better and better with each film.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Silver Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Silver Rose »

I watched Year One with my sister and dad last night. I heard it was supposed to be dumb. It was, but there were actually some funny parts.
Thanks to Eclipsed.by.Love for the sig and avi
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Voyage of the Dawn Treader was pretty darn good. Not brilliant, by any means, but it pleases me that the directors aren't trying to hide or obscure the allegories of the story. They may not make it obvious, but it's still there, and they left the "I am known by another name in your world" line alone, so I'm happy with the movie. Not so many giant fight scenes in this one, but that's cuz they're sailing the whole time, but that doesn't mean there's no action. Good, fun, enjoyable. But I don't think it requires 3D.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The Muppet Christmas Carol. I love this movie. One of my favorite Christmas movies.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Watched a couple movies this weekend:

TRON: Let me say that there were two moments in this film where I went "Whoa." One of them was seeing the Disney logo TRON-ified. Take that as you will. Still, I enjoyed seeing the Grid again, and oh the nostalgia. :ugeek: (I also had the urge to hurl shiny round objects for a long while after seeing it.)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: To me it was less of the same with less people. I honestly do not recall reading the books but something tells me that the central quest in this installment (which I won't spoil for obvious reasons) should have been more... epic than what is presented here.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

A Christmas Story - So much fun! A lot of cute little kid material with the little brother Randy.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

The 1993 version of The Three Musketeers can be fun to watch in places, but it falls far short of the best screen adaptations of the Dumas novel. In this version, the intricate, intrigue-filled plot of the book is reduced to B-Western simplicity, with Cardinal Richelieu plotting to assassinate the King of France and assume the throne, while young D'Artagnan and his Musketeer friends oppose him. The cast is far less impressive than that from the 1973 Richard Lester film (the best Dumas-based film of the sound era). Michael Wincott is the only significant cast member who would not look out of place in the Lester films--he is a solid Rochefort. Oliver Platt hams it up as Porthos, but his performance is enjoyable, largely because he is clearly enjoying himself. At times, Charlie Sheen has the same quality as Aramis. I'm a big fan of Julie Delpy, but sadly she's wasted as Constance, her role little more than a cameo. Of the rest of the cast--Kiefer Sutherland's awful Athos, Chris O'Donnell's wooden D'Artagnan, Tim Curry's scenery-chewing Richelieu--the less said, the better.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Julie and Julia :)
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

With The Mexican, Gore Verbinski ventured into Coen Brothers territory, with uneven but often enjoyable results--it's stronger when it comes to cast than story. Jerry (Brad Pitt) is a grifter of limited competence; Samantha (Julia Roberts) is his girlfriend, who wants him to stop working for mobster Bernie Nayman (Bob Balaban). Bernie has one last job for Jerry--to go down to Mexico and bring back a famous gun called "The Mexican." To ensure that Jerry keeps his mind on his work, Nayman has Samantha taken hostage. Many twists and some very fascinating character interactions ensue before everything is resolved. If you're looking for a ton of Pitt/Roberts action, you'll be disappointed, as they are apart for most of the film. Their bickering when together is priceless, however, and they're both quite good here. In support there's good work from J.K. Simmons and James Gandolfini, and a nice cameo from Gene Hackman.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing