What was the last movie you saw?

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by n0vaice »

Iron Man 2! 8/10. No complaints here and the graphics were awesome. Wish there were more actions scenes though just like part 1.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Jacques Demy's La baie des anges/Bay of Angels tells a simple story--the potentially tragic romance between a young man named Jean (Claude Mann) and Jackie (Jeanne Moreau), the compulsive gambler he meets while on a holiday. But he tells it with a visual style that is sometimes dazzling, and Moreau is absolutely bewitching.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Aladdin - the Disney film version. Robin Williams as the genie is so funny... I watched this film so many times when I was younger and it was surprising how many lines and songs I could say and sing along to haha. It all came flooding back... :D

Iron Man 2 - looking forward to seeing that film.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Knowing - with Nicolas Cage....was nice although I didn't expected to be an alien movie...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

dvd It's Complicated with Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

The Friends of Eddie Coyle is a good crime movie from a decade, the 1970s, that was full of them. The title is nicely ironic--small-time gunrunner and smuggler Eddie (Robert Mitchum) thinks he has more than one friend he can count on when he's facing a spell in the federal prison, but at least one of them may be prepared to turn on him. Like many films from the 70s, this one is nicely gritty, and Mitchum was in his element as the world-weary Coyle.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

At the time it was released, On Her Majesty's Secret Service was relatively unpopular for a James Bond film, probably due to its atypical, downbeat ending and one controversial casting choice. Over time, however, its strengths have made it one of the most highly-regarded films in the series. Those strengths begin with a lot of crackling good action, courtesy of director Peter Hunt and second-unit man John Glen (who later directed several Bond films himself). Add to that the best Bond Girl ever in Diana Rigg, very believable as Tracy, the woman who genuinely wins Bond's heart rather than just capturing his eye for a while, and capable of holding up her end of things when it's time for some action. The supporting cast is also quite good; Telly Savalas as Ernst Stavro Blofeld is the one reasonably satisfactory casting of that role, and Gabriele Ferzetti is very good as Tracy's father, the head of the Union Corse. Now, about that controversy--this was the film with "the other fellow," George Lazenby, as Bond--replacing Sean Connery, who had tired of the role. Lazenby isn't all that bad, actually--he is very convincing in the action sequences. The problem is that, in this most romantic of the Bond films, he can't hold his end up in his scenes with Diana Rigg. On the whole, I still have this one down as one of the top four films in the series.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

dvd: Everybody's Fine staring Robert De Niro, Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale, Sam Rockwell 9/10 .
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Mr. & Mrs. Smith will probably go down in cinema history as the film where, rumor has it, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie became "Brangelina." What can't be denied, though, is that Pitt and Jolie came as close as anyone could to actually earning the combined $40 million they made on this film--it's an example of the triumph of star power over mediocre material. The story of John and Jane Smith (Pitt and Jolie), two world-class assassins who marry, each in ignorance of the other's true vocation, had some potential. Unfortunately, director Doug Liman, who has done some nice work in the past, dropped any attempt at subtlety in storytelling, and forgot that bigger (and louder) is not always better, even in an action film. Fortunately, both Pitt and Jolie had their star charisma dialed to maximum for this outing. With lesser talents, it probably would have been nearly unwatchable, with them, it's reasonably diverting.

New Moon director Chris Weitz has a cameo in this as one of John and Jane's neighbors.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I enjoyed the chemistry between Brad and Angelina in Mr and Mrs Smith. I agree though that there was nothing subtle in it like you say Jestak.

Marielle, I thought the same thing when it came to Knowing.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."