What was the last movie you saw?

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

dvd: April Fools Day. 1/10 rating. BAd acting and the story line isn't that great.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

With Tony Scott directing from a screenplay by Quentin Tarantino, it's not surprising that True Romance is often over the top, especially in the more violent moments (and extra especially in the big shootout at the end). The romance between comic book store clerk Clarence (Christian Slater) and call girl Alabama (Patricia Arquette) may not always ring "true," but both leads are engaging (Arquette in particular). The supporting cast is full of good performers--Dennis Hopper, Christopher Walken, Gary Oldman, Chris Penn, Michael Rapaport, Bronson Pinchot, Tom Sizemore, James Gandolfini, even a youngish Brad Pitt--many of whom are likewise very enjoyable. Despite the excesses, I find this one to have a strangely gripping quality.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Theater: Letters to Juliet. It was a way cute movie & funnier than I expected. I particularly liked the character Claire (the one is looking for her Lorenzo.) If you like chick flicks I recommend seeing this one.

dvd: Avatar. Interesting movie. I thought it was okay but I don't get what all the hype was & big deal about it. Don't think I'll ever waste 2 1/2 hours watching it again. (Thanks to my friend for letting me borrow it so I didn't have to spend any $$$)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Robin Hood. Great story! 7/10. Though I was expecting a more epic final battle, there were also some funny parts that really made me laugh. Russel Crowe was great as usual.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I saw the Messengers tonight-pretty good for a cheese horror movie.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

^^^ Lol, that's the last movie I saw too!

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Trois couleurs: Rouge is the final segment in Krzysztof Kieslowski's "Colors" trilogy, and the best--which is saying a lot since the first two are very good. Kieslowski has the rare gift of making intellectual films that also tell interesting stories. In this one, the central story is that of a friendship between Joseph, a retired judge (Jean-Louis Tritignant) and a young fashion model named Valentine (Irene Jacob). As the compassionate Valentine gradually penetrates Joseph's bitter cynicism, we also watch a young lawyer named Auguste (Jean-Pierre Lorit) discover that his girlfriend is unfaithful, while Valentine tries to keep in contact with her controlling, absentee boyfriend. Very gradually, a subtle romance also is suggested between two of the characters. This is one of the very best films of the last 20 years, and a must see for any serious film fan.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Sherlock Holmes- with Robert Downey Jr. You know, for an older man, he's pretty darn hot. I think he did moderately well as Sherlock, though after reading the books I know no one could possibly match the character. But the script was well written and Downey did a very good job with it, and it did feel quite a bit like an actual Sherlock mystery- same key plot points, Sherlock never telling anyone what he's doing and we can hardly follow his deductions based on what's on screen. 9/10 movie, and I think I might watch it again. British accents are sexy and addictive.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Watching X-Men at the moment, but not finished it.

So the last film I saw all the way through was New Moon. 27 billion out of ten, effects, scripting, the business <3
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Bandidas is a Western, but in place of the typical stalwart Western hero, it gives us a pair of feisty heroines. They are peasant girl Penelope Cruz and aristocratic Salma Hayek. Their mission: stop a land grab scheme being run by ruthless Dwight Yoakam, and avenge the death of Salma's father. The opposition: a whole lot of men with guns. Don't expect a classic, but do expect about an hour and a half of good, frothy fun in the spirit of the Charlie's Angels films or The Heroic Trio. Fans of either lead actress would probably enjoy (not to mention those who are, like me, fans of both).