What was the last movie you saw?

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by Edwards Wheels »

Remember Me was the last film I saw. I have written my views on the fil in the RM thread, fantastic but extremely thought provoking.

If you haven't seen it you should, and if you pop over to the RM thread be warned the reviews contain spoilers
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

DVD rental: The Fourth kInd 4/10. Wasn't my kinda movie.
Banner by TammyAZ
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Dear John. Nicholas Sparks! ♥ I was all giddy from the start and like all Nicholas' movie I got teary. 7/10. Nice story.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

I want to see that film... and Letters from Juliet.

I have Avatar on DVD so I'll watch it and post on monday :)
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

James Foley is one of the better directors of contemporary noir, and At Close Range is a good example thereof. Brad Whitewood, Jr. (Sean Penn) is a somewhat reckless teen in rural Pennsylvania, one with a little more than the normal teen love of taking risks and pushing limits. When his dad, Brad Sr. (Christopher Walken), reenters his life, getting involved with Dad's band of tractor thieves/burglars seems like it's up young Brad's alley. That's before the night that Brad, Sr. and his men knock off a suspected informer, when the son first sees the father's truly psychopathic nature. Now Brad, Jr., may be in too deep, and even if he can extricate himself, it may be too late for his girlfriend Terry (Mary Stuart Masterson) or his younger brother Tommy (Chris Penn). Foley maintains a dark atmosphere throughout and makes very few compromises with the typical audience need for happy resolutions. The cast is excellent: Walken opposite Sean Penn is a to-die-for pairing in the intensity department, Masterson is excellent as is Chris Penn, and in support you have David Strathairn and Tracey Walter as two of Brad's gang, plus Crispin Glover and Kiefer Sutherland in small roles.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

DVD Did You Hear About The Morgans with Sarah Jessica Park and Hugh Grant. comedy/romance
Banner by TammyAZ
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Daybreakers. Really good movie, I love It <3

anyone seen Dear John yet?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Excepting Douglas Fairbanks (who invented the genre) and perhaps Burt Lancaster, no actor has ever been more suited to the "swashbuckler" movie than Errol Flynn. The Sea Hawk is one of Flynn's best pictures, a nearly perfect, exciting romantic adventure. In the 1580s, King Philip of Spain (Montague Love) schemes to overcome the leading obstacle to world domination, England under Queen Elizabeth (Flora Robson). England is defended by heroic seamen like Captain Geoffrey Thorpe (Flynn). But will the brave Captain be able to overcome not only Spanish opponents, but traitors in Elizabeth's own court? Will he win the heart of Dona Maria (Brenda Marshall), the niece of the Spanish Ambassador (Claude Rains, in a more sympathetic role than you might expect)? Well, he's the hero of this picture, so the prospects are good. Flynn is at his best, full of charisma and charm, Michael Curtiz does a fine job at the directing helm, Marshall is radiant in the highlight of a short career, and Henry Daniell gets to die on Flynn's sword in the last reel (Basil Rathbone, who usually got that job, may have been off solving a mystery as Sherlock Holmes or something). This is a wonderful example of the old Hollywood studio system at its best.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

How To Be with Robert Pattinson.
Banner by TammyAZ
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Silence of the Lambs... I've seen it before. But Hannibal Lecter is still creepy.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~