Secret Life of the American Teenager

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Secret Life of the American Teenager

Post by bac »

A place to discuss the TV show Secret Life of the American Teenager.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Secret Life of the American Teenager

Post by debussygirl »

I watched the first season online and often wanted to shoot people.
I thought Amy might mature more, but she was always so dang whiny. Her friends were complete idiots. Ben was such a snotty little rich kid and Ricky was just awful. Adrian and Grace were just too extreme each way, the dad was a cheater horrible man, and the only characters that were pretty cool was the counselor, Tom, and Ben's dad. Actually, I love Ben's dad Mr. Oykavitch or something. He was the only smart person on the show.
I saw like five minutes of a newer one, thinking maybe that Amy had the baby she would be more mature. Negative. She was complaining all over again. It just made me so annoyed. I can't watch it anymore.
Yeah rant over.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I watch the show, but the second season drove me crazy. Amy doesn't take care of her baby, she's constantly b___ing at everyone. She has so much help from her family and friends, and she fails to take care of John herself. It's like, grow up, Amy. He's your responsibility. I have a feeling she'll get pregnant again. I'm pretty sure she and Ricky are up to it again, by the way they were talking. Ricky said something along the lines of, "Oh, you enjoyed it" and from what I recall, Amy has always claimed they only had sex once, and to me that line implies that they've definitely done it more than once. I hope Ben wisens up and gets out of this while he can.

I think Grace is getting too defensive with Jack. I'm pretty sure she's either pregnant or about to get pregnant. And I'm surprised Adrian hasn't had some kind of accident yet, like the condom breaking or anything. Is that just me?
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

It honestly just looks like some stupid TV soap opera drama rip-off of Degrassi.
Sorry to those who like it.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I watched the first season and thought it was alright, then, mid-season, so many people would get on my nerves! I thought Amy was too overdramatic and whiny, I hated the characters of Lauren and Madison (though I've met the person who plays Lauren and she was sweet), I wanted to throw stuff at Adrian and Grace, and I could not STAND Ben. I hated Ben, plain and simple, ha.

I cannot watch the second season anymore. I was like so over it. I was just it's not so great. Amy is still whiny and she does not take care of John at all; she's always complaining about everything and about/to everyone.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I used to love this show, but later I grew tired of it! The storylines keep getting less and less realistic! I know plenty of teenage mothers who would not be able to go to New York City for a music program and leave their baby behind! I really doubt the teen's parents would be willing to take responsibility for the teen's baby while they go away for a month! Most of the parents I know want the teen to take care of the baby themselves and they want them to realize the things they have to give up since they made the choice that resulted in the teen pregnancy!
Another thing, the way Amy and Ricky fell "in love" all of a sudden is crazy! They had no form of relationship when they were "together" at camp and now all of a sudden they are together :S? I understand why they are trying to have a relationship because a child should have a stable family with both parents, but most of the teenagers I know have so many problems with the father/mother of their child! Everyone gets a long soo easy on the show!
I don't like how they go back and forth from couple to couple! Everyone on the show is some how connected to everyone else whether they've had the same boyfriend/girlfriend or their parents have had a relationship!

I hope I haven't offended anyone who likes the show, but they are twisting everything too much and it's getting less and less realistic! I know it's a tv show and of course they are going to make up their own rules for it, but either it's not interesting or it's too confusing!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
seobts01
Settled in Forks

Post by seobts01 »

i've watched it since the start and at first it was really good but it gets cheesier and cheesier. the actors are so HORRIBLE except for about four people like shailene and molly of course and a lot of the story line is just.... awkward so maybe they cast would be better in a dif project but still. even with all of this... i'm strangely addicted and they def know how to keep you hooked. but i'm seriously am only watching it to watch amy and ricky's love story... i fast forward through all the rest of the classmates' dramas because it's seriously tacky and fake and just horrible acting. it's not completely awful but it's not a work of art