Buffy: May she and Edward never meet

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Buffy: May she and Edward never meet

Post by Openhome »

Discuss the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer here.
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Re: Buffy: May she and Edward never meet

Post by pyrosis »

Thank you for this threat! :clap:

I have to admit that when Buffy was actually was on TV I didn't really watch it. I only realised a last year how genius it really was and watched the whole series in a couple of weeks. I love how it can make you laugh and cry in the same episode.
What are you're favourite moments?
What are you're favourite quotes?
Which caracter to you like best?
And why?
You know, Edward, as a brother you are sometimes a dissappointment

Oh, never mind! my less noble side exulted

Then the jokes about the world's only clumsy vampire would start

'Bout time someone scored around here
katewatson
Settled in Forks

Post by katewatson »

Hey Pyrosis, your reply is really interesting and after reading your review i also like to watch this show. Will you please share some more interesting scenes from Buffy.
:write:
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pyrosis »

hey Kate,
I don't even know where to start. There are SO MANY great scenes. Extremly sad ones like the last one on season 5 when Buffy dies jumping off a tower to save Dawn and everyone else. Just the way her friends react, especially Spike and Willow. It just makes me want to cry thinking and writing about it.
And there are epic ones like in season 7 one of the last episodes when Faith and the potentials kick Buffy out and she hides in a house. Spike finds her there and tells her how great she is and why he loves her. And for me he saved the world not only by wearing that necklace and closing the hell mouth but also by making Buffy not give up.
And of course there are funny scenes. One example (again with Spike): he hangs out outside her house because he recently found out that he is in love with her. SHe catches him there and asks him what he's doing there:
Buffy: FIVE WORDS OR LESS
Spike: Out. For. A. WALK. B****
Buffy: Out for a walk at night by my house?

It may not sound funny right now, but just the WAY they say it.... hihi

You can see Spike is my favourite caracter. He might start out as evil vampire but love (and not a curse) makes him change without getting as pathetic as Angel was now and then.
Last edited by pyrosis on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Just to start off, here's a list of my very favorite episodes, one per season:

Season 1: Prophecy Girl ("So what's the story with the car" "Oh, that was me, saving the day.")
Season 2: Passion ("Without passion, we'd truly be dead.")
Season 3: Graduation Day, both parts ("Well, gosh!")
Season 4: Hush ("Can't even shout, can't even cry. The gentlemen are coming by.")
Season 5: The Body ("Obviously I've never done this before." "I have. My mother died when I was seventeen")
Season 6: Once More With Feeling ("I've got a theory, it could be bunnies")
Season 7: Chosen ("So here's the part where you make a choice. What if you could have that power, now?")

I've got to run right now, but I'll be back with more about my favorite TV show of the last 30 years later.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pyrosis »

Season 1: Prophecy Girl ("So what's the story with the car" "Oh, that was me, saving the day.")
Yep that is THE episode of the first season. I love the comment about beeing pretty on the roof, just before she pushes him through the window. Classic!
Season 2: Passion ("Without passion, we'd truly be dead.")
That episode and all the "Angelus" episodes show what a good actor David Boreanaz is. When he plays his evil self it's really like he is a different person.
Last night I watched the last episode of season 2 (becoming 2) and I think it is one of my favourite episodes of that season. It all just makes sense someho.
Season 3: Graduation Day, both parts ("Well, gosh!")
The battle is EPIC!
Season 4: Hush ("Can't even shout, can't even cry. The gentlemen are coming by.")
That is the creepiest episode by far! The Gentleman just freak me out. UARH!
But I also like "restless". Who ever wrote that must have some acid experience!
Season 5: The Body ("Obviously I've never done this before." "I have. My mother died when I was seventeen")
What a sad sad episode. I cry my eyes out everytime I watch it. "Intervention" is one of my favourite episodes in season 5 because of the last scene.
Season 6: Once More With Feeling ("I've got a theory, it could be bunnies")
Oh yes, what an episode. Again Spike's song is my favourite. He just rocks!
The finale of that season is also EPIC. So much happens, wow!
Season 7: Chosen ("So here's the part where you make a choice. What if you could have that power, now?")
It's just too bad that this Episode is the last Buffy episode EVER (unless you count the comics). My favourite scenes are in "touched" and "dirty girls" (I think at least it is that episode).

I love Spike and Willow and they have one fab dialoge in Season 4 when he escaped the initiative. He now has the chip in his head and can't bite anyone. In the following scene, he doesn't know that and tries to bite Willow:

Spike: I don't understand. this stort of thing's never happend to me before.
Willow: maybe you were nervous
Spike: I felt alright when it started. Hm. Let's try again.
He tries again but starts screaming in pain. "Damn it"
He starts trashing the room
Willow: maybe you're trying to hard. Doesn't his happen to every vampire
Spike: not to me, it doesn't
Willow: it's me isn't it?
Spike: what are you talking about?
Willow: well you came looking for Buffy, then settled. You didn't wanna bite me, I just happend to be around
Spike: piffle!
Willow: I know I am not the kind of girl vamps like to sink their teeth into. It's always like uuhh, you're like a sister to me or ohhh you're such a good friend
Spike: don't be rediculous, I'd bite you in heart beat
Willow: really?
Spike: thought about it
Willow: when?
Spike: remember last year? you had on that ehr fuzzy pink number with the lilac underneath
Willow: (smiles) I never would have guessed. You played the blood lust kinda cool
Spike: yeah, I hate beeing obvious, all fangy and grrr. takes the mystery out.
Willow: but if you could...
Spike: If I could, yeah...
Willow: you know, this doesn't make you any less terrifying
Spike: don't patronise me
Spike: I am only 126
Willow: you're beeing to hard on yourself. Why don't we wait half an hour and try again.... or
And than smashes a lamp over his head an tries to run

Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Okay, I'm back with some more thoughts.

My five favorite characters:

Buffy (goes without saying)
Giles (one of the two I identify with the most)
Xander (the other one)
Tara (for sheer adorkableness)
and either Cordelia or Faith

Favorite funny moments:

-anything to do with Anya and bunnies
-Cordy to Giles in Gingerbread: "How many times have you been knocked out, anyway? I swear, one of these times, you're gonna wake up in a coma."
-"Harmony has minions?"
-Giles' overhead projector presentation in Hush.
-"They got the mustard out!!!"
-And one more from Cordy, the "Boy, there's a demon for everything!" exchange with Giles in Killed by Death.

plus the whole episode of Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered.

Most heartbreaking moments:

Seeing Red
(really in a class by itself. Something went out of the show for me when Tara died).

Runners up:

-Giles finds Jenny's body in Passion
-the very end of I Was Made to Love You, which leads directly into The Body.

Favorite heartwarming moments:

-Everyone sticks up for Tara against her abusive family in Family.
-Cordy tells off Harmony at the very end of Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered.
-The snowstorm that saves Angel at the end of Amends.
--Buffy wins the Class Protector Award in The Prom.

And finally, a set of Greatest Moments for several of the characters:

Buffy

-She has way too many to mention, but if I had to pick just one, it would be her sacrifice at the end of The Gift.

Xander

-He has a lot, too, but my favorite is when he faces down Angelus at the hospital in Killed by Death.

Giles

-"I'd like to test that theory" in Two to Go.

Tara

-"No one touches my girl!" as she axes a demon in Bargaining, Part Two.

Cordelia

-Scaring the living daylights out of Lyle Gorch through sheer Queen-of-Meanness in Homecoming.

Faith

-Confronting the vampires in the church in Who Are You?

Willow

-Her big speech reading the riot act to Faith in Choices.

Dawn

"What? You think I never watched you?" in Grave.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that there is now a Buffy thread!! Oh my!

I love what you have said so far. I agree with pretty much everything you have said Jestak! If only I had more time just now, I would list my favourite things too!

I will be back for sure! :D :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So I never watched Buffy but recently I've started watching the spin-off Angel. The only reason I started watching is because the hottie from one of my favorite shows Leverage and my newest celebrity crush Christian Kane was in about 23 episodes of Angel as Lindsey McDonald. And the only reason I can watch it is because my mom bought it on dvd only because of David Boreanaz and she never watched Buffy either. (We're both Bones fans.) Since neither of us have watched Buffy sometimes there are parts that confuse us. (I wish I had netflix so I could watch Buffy!)

So I have a few questions:
1) Can someone try to explain Angel's curse better? He can't have a moment of pure happiness or he goes back to being a bad vampire? (That's about all I understand.) And that was why he and Buffy are no longer together?

2)In the first season of Angel there's a slayer named Faith who comes to LA and gets hired to kill Angel. And then Buffy shows up and wants revenge or something on Faith. Can someone try to explain to me what happened between Faith and Buffy?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I'll try to give brief answers to these; others can feel free to add to them.

1. Angel was once an incredibly evil, destructive vampire. He killed a member of a gypsy clan, and in retaliation the clan put a powerful curse on him which restored his soul and caused him to feel endless anguish for all the killing he'd done in over a century as a vampire. In the Season 2 Buffy episodes "Surprise" and "Innocence," Buffy and Angel made love and, as I understand, the moment of unalloyed happiness that gave Angel undid the curse and took his soul away again, causing him to revert to his "evil self" as Angelus. In the final episode of Buffy Season 2, Buffy's witch friend Willow managed to re-curse Angel and restore his soul again.

2. Faith was a Slayer who "went rogue" during Season 3 of Buffy--through a complex series of events she became the right-hand girl of the Season 3 Big Bad. In the next to final episode of Season 3, Buffy and Faith had a big showdown which left Faith in a coma, which lasted until the middle of Season 4 (remember, Slayers have incredible recuperative abilities). When she came out of the coma, she first tried to get back at Buffy--managing to somehow switch bodies with Buffy temporarily--but then fled to Los Angeles. Needless to say, Buffy doesn't have very fond memories of Faith, which is the motivation for her turning up in LA.