Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightfan94
Settled in Forks

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by twilightfan94 »

Does anyone think Kristen Stewart is a bit to pretty to play Bella?
I respect her as an actress of course, but her prettiness is kind of vexing me.
What do you think?
"Dear Jacob,
I Win
Sincerely,
Edward"
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

twilightfan94 wrote:Does anyone think Kristen Stewart is a bit to pretty to play Bella?
What do you think?
Well then again, the story IS in Bella's perspective and Bella sees herself as plain (who doesn't) where Edward tells her she's wrong. And as we all know Edward explains to her that she was on every guy's mind her first day of school- heck for pretty much her whole first year at Forks. In my opinion, Bella has something alot of women wish they had- natural beauty. That kind of beauty and prettiness that some women have without make-up and i think that's exactly what Bella had. Because she states that she never wore make-up and stuff, thus she was just NATURALLY pretty. Moving on...Kristen definitely has that trait. Many would agree with me in saying that she's pretty, and with the evidence of EW magazine, she's gorgeous WITH make-up, so i don't find it odd to have Kristen as Bella.Kristen and Bella are both naturally pretty without make-up, and both total knockouts when putting on make-up (Bella's evidence with Prom and getting married; having put on make-up of course)
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

mlola619 wrote:
twilightfan94 wrote:Does anyone think Kristen Stewart is a bit to pretty to play Bella?
What do you think?
Well then again, the story IS in Bella's perspective and Bella sees herself as plain (who doesn't) where Edward tells her she's wrong. And as we all know Edward explains to her that she was on every guy's mind her first day of school- heck for pretty much her whole first year at Forks. In my opinion, Bella has something alot of women wish they had- natural beauty. That kind of beauty and prettiness that some women have without make-up and i think that's exactly what Bella had. Because she states that she never wore make-up and stuff, thus she was just NATURALLY pretty. Moving on...Kristen definitely has that trait. Many would agree with me in saying that she's pretty, and with the evidence of EW magazine, she's gorgeous WITH make-up, so i don't find it odd to have Kristen as Bella.Kristen and Bella are both naturally pretty without make-up, and both total knockouts when putting on make-up (Bella's evidence with Prom and getting married; having put on make-up of course)
I agree with you completely. See alot of girls in these times now they put on make up and they say it makes them look better, in some ways some girls look horrible with make up than with out it. But yes, Kristen and Bella have that same trait I guess thats what its called... I didn't see make up on Kristen in the previews, or did she have some on and I just didn't notice it? Lol. I'm more of a bit focusing on Rob instead, lol.
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

...about that misunderstanding earlier. ooh...i came to post my responce but it seems all cleared out now and i seriously don't want to start it again.
But just all you know, i am no Kristen hater. i've mentioned it before.

and YES!! Kristen is gorgeous. we don't really know if Bella is supposed to be pretty or no...but i read somewhere that SM said that Bella is average looking. i thinK! :D
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I think that Kristen does have the right look for Bella as far as the average girl and is a little plain when she is not all done up..So I really don't see a problem with her carrying it off..

If they go all the way and film through the 4th book, then they can ultimately put more flattering makeup on and make her look like a knockout for the "after" she is changed..She is a very pretty girl and doesn't really need makeup to make her look as such, but when she is all done up, she looks like a dang model.
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

malaz wrote:YES!! Kristen is gorgeous. we don't really know if Bella is supposed to be pretty or no...but i read somewhere that SM said that Bella is average looking. i thinK! :D
:) Yes, I think that's what she had said, I think I read that before as well. Lol
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

wow, those posts on the earlier page about Kristen's attitude during interviews were blazing fire! hahha. chill guys, don't get so worked up over little things. all we know is that all of us, well maybe most of us, love Kristen's acting skills and i think that is more important than her attitude during interviews. we can't really exactly judge her personality, because for one, we don't really know her as friends.. okay, i shall not continue and cause more misunderstandings :D

anywho, i just wanna say that of all the movies she's acted in, my favorites are Speak, Zathura, In The Land of Women, The Messengers and Fierce People. yes, she was amazing in Speak! and i think she had a little bit of Bella's traits in that movie too.

so i'm just wondering, what are your favorite Kristen's movies?
Trisha
Settled in Forks

Post by Trisha »

I didn't enjoy her too much in the only movie I've seen her in, The Messengers. I think she has potential, but she kinda over does some things. Like in one of the trailers, she's accusing Edward of what she thinks he is...the way she says it irks me :oops:
She definitely, in my opinion, looks exactally like the girl I've pictured while reading the books. That's a plus.
I hope she does very well.
Edward Luvr
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward Luvr »

I think that Kristen Stewart is way too pretty to play Bella in the movie. i think that Kristen should be the 'after' Bella instead of the normal Bella. Does anyone else agree? :?:
vm1221
Settled in Forks

Post by vm1221 »

Trisha wrote:I didn't enjoy her too much in the only movie I've seen her in, The Messengers. I think she has potential, but she kinda over does some things. Like in one of the trailers, she's accusing Edward of what she thinks he is...the way she says it irks me :oops:
She definitely, in my opinion, looks exactally like the girl I've pictured while reading the books. That's a plus.
I hope she does very well.
she deeeffiiinnateelly bothers me in the trailers.. haha.. im sorry.. im not a big kristen fan.. i think shes beautiful and very perfect for bella physically.. but ive already vocalized my opinion on her attitude in interviews... and i dont feel like she gets the feel of the book.. shes not as cute as bella is with edward from what i can tell in trailers.. theres this scene where edward takes her hand to dance and shes like SUPER serious "i dont dance"then she smiles this dry joyless smile..and then hes like "i could always make you" and she answers again,,, SUPPPEERR serious "im not afraid of you"

i dont know,.. mayb its just the way i pictured the lines being delivered in my head and the mood i set for certain scenes when i was reading but the trailers rly bother me...
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?