Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Post by debussygirl »

Do you think that the end of NM was the first time that marriage and proposing to Bella crossed Edward's mind? Or do you think he would have thought of that before?
I think that in TW, Edward probably thought about it (especially when Bella mentioned it herself) but even then he was thinking, "oh shoot I have to find a way to get out of this before Bella gets hurt". He wasn't ever seriously thinking of marrying her. So I would say that NM was when proposing to Bella crossed Edward's mind, and I think he would have thought about it in Brazil...curled up in a ball...but would have pushed it out just as soon so he wouldn't feel as much pain. But at the end of NM, I think that's when he believed it was actually possible for them to be married.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

openfire wrote:
marielle wrote:
openfire wrote:But I agree with you pennybug84, I want to read Midnight Sun so so much! And to hear all the saga from Edward's PoV....wow!!!
I don't know if I can agree with you... The extra from Edwards p.o.v on SM's site of new moon was really hard to read.
and after seeing the movie, I turned in to a real marshmellow... Jacob part in BD is tearing up my heart, and not for Jacob but every time I read how Jake sees the pain on Edwards face I start crying... :oops:

Yeah I agree with you that it would be hard to read parts like in Breaking Dawn when Edward watches Bella pretty much die before his eyes. But at the same time, I think that would be unbelievable to read, to be inside Edward's mind...wowza.

The part I would especially want to read, from Edward's PoV is when they were in the meadow for the first time....

"don't move"
**explodes**
There are some parts that would be hard to read. But there are times I REALLY would like to know what is going through his head. And there are times it would be interesting to know the thoughts of others that he's reading, like the first time Bella goes to the Cullen house. Plus hopefully there would be some more of the Cullens. (those were parts in MS that I loved reading. Getting to know the Cullens even more.) More of the Cullens is good by me.
openfire wrote:
pennybug84 wrote:My friend brought up a really good point with this, that I never thought about before. If you think about it, technically Edward wouldn't be all muscular & buff. When he was changed he was dying of the Spanish Influenza, he most likely would have been pretty skinny, he was knocking on death's door.
Yeah but when you get made into a vampire, does the venom not heal your body? Like, when Bella is made a vampire she is damaged everywhere, but when she wakes up, she's healed? And I thought that all vampires are gorgeous, cos they've got to be attractive to humans, to lure them in? That's what I thought about that anyway :lol:
They way I get it is if you had custs or injuries that type of thing that those would be healed. But Edward didn't really have any injuries. Sure he needs to be gorgeous but in my view being all muscular and big (I think Taylor is too big in NM, but that's my preference) doesn't make you gorgeous. He has gorgeous facial features & a dang cute smile (love Rob's cute & crooked smile) and that's all you really need to attract humans. But I guess it's all just personal preference. I just feel so bad for Rob how he get's compared to TL because he HAD TO get all muscular to keep his job. I'm like it's okay Rob, that's not what makes a man, a good actor, or even a good-looking guy. Rob's a gorgeous guy & I love him even more after NM. And I will aways defend Robward (I heard someone else use that term & I liked it). They did a good job casting him in my opinion because he's a good looking MAN, while TL is still a BOY, like his character!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

pennybug84 wrote:They did a good job casting him in my opinion because he's a good looking MAN, while TL is still a BOY, like his character!
Well said!!!

:D

:lol:
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

openfire wrote:
pennybug84 wrote:They did a good job casting him in my opinion because he's a good looking MAN, while TL is still a BOY, like his character!
Well said!!!

:D

:lol:
Thank Carlisle for this thread. I thought I was alone in the Team Edward world. All my twilighty friends all turned on me </3. I honestly don't see the appeal to Jacob.

Does everyone here hate Jacob as much as I do? He really bothers me the way he like doesn't let go of Bella. Like seriously the only reason she started talking to you in the first place was because she wanted to hear her dilusions. And then she saved Edward so seriously back off. What are you opinions on the situation?
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

^^I didn't hate Jacob until Eclipse. In NM, he was okay, until he turned into a werewolf and got all anal on the Cullens and I strongly disliked him. And what really bugs me is people say, "Jacob never left!" YES HE DID!!!! He just couldn't physically keep enough distance away from Bella. If Edward had gone to say, Port Angeles, and Bella knew he was there, they would've been back together in a week. So yeah, that excuse people give is totally irrelevant.
In Eclipse he was just so manipulative to Bella. First, mouth-raping her the jerk!! and then giving her that ultimatum of kiss me or I'll kill myself. Gaaaahh he was horrible! And he was always such a bigot against the Cullens. Honestly!! Even Edward said that he would be friends with Jacob, but Jacob was a big meanie and I hate him.
And that pales in comparison to when he was going to kill Renesmee. After she was willing to give her life for her child, he was going to kill her. Honestly, Jacob had to imprint or else Nessie would be dead! He is such a hotheaded cottonheaded ninny muggins!
/rant.
DreamofEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by DreamofEdward »

^^ I totally agree with everything you just said debussygirl. I also found Jacob annoying in Breaking dawn, i would have liked to see more Edward Bella and Nessie family moments but every time it seemed we were going to get one Jacob was there practially (sp?) pulling her out of their arms, i mean did he have to be there all the time?
so yeah to sum up not the biggest Jacob fan!
Team Edward!

Cullenitus: An inability to go 24 hours without a Twilight fix.

So the lion fell in love with the lamb
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

edward x lover wrote:Does everyone here hate Jacob as much as I do? He really bothers me the way he like doesn't let go of Bella. Like seriously the only reason she started talking to you in the first place was because she wanted to hear her dilusions. And then she saved Edward so seriously back off. What are you opinions on the situation?
I don't hate Jacob, but I'm very annoyed with him, specially in Eclipse. But you are right he should have backed off and just be Bella's friend...
What I'm more annoyed of is that so many girls switched teams just because Taylor has abs... I really trully hope that in Eclipse movie Edward would be portraited as the reall book version of Edward... that's where I trully fell in love with him...

But this raises my question...Is any one else also a bit annoyed with edward? he is constantly saying to Bella that he would go along with what ever she chooses, Where is Fighting for you love in that part? I would have loved to see him fight a bit more, then just a proposal and that small tent scene after Jake kissed Bella
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

marielle wrote:
But this raises my question...Is any one else also a bit annoyed with edward? he is constantly saying to Bella that he would go along with what ever she chooses, Where is Fighting for you love in that part? I would have loved to see him fight a bit more, then just a proposal and that small tent scene after Jake kissed Bella
No.
I think Edward already fought for her. He fought his inner demons to be with her, he made her fall in love with him, he proposed to her, he did everything he could so that she would want him, even change himself. But it comes down to that "if you love something set it free". He had to let her choose. Otherwise, what would be the point if she wanted a different life? Why guilt her into staying with him (like Jacob did)? He did everything to prove he loved her and changed whatever he could that would hinder them from being together, and so when it was Bella's turn to decide, I think Edward did the right thing.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Hey, Team Edward! I've been MIA for a while... But it's good to be back :)
Some questions that needs to be answered...

Do you think that the end of NM was the first time that marriage and proposing to Bella crossed Edward's mind? Or do you think he would have thought of that before?
Well, Edward was that kind of that guy that wanted to get married when he found the right girl. He probably felt that way when he was human. But when he became a vampire, I'm pretty sure he thought that something like that would never happen.
I do think the the thought crossed his mind in Twilight too. But I don't think he seriously considered it. I'm not even sure that he saw a future with Bella that way. At least he didn't want it for her. But I think loosing her made him realize how much he really wanted to be with her. So I think New Moon was the time when it really became a possibility in his mind.

Does everyone here hate Jacob as much as I do?
I don't hate Jacob. I just dislike him a lot :lol: In large parts of New Moon I think he was a good friend to Bella. And she is right when she tells Edward that she doesn't know what he would have come home to had it not been for Jacob. But the moment that changed my view on him was when he begged Bella not to go and save Edward's life. For me that was utterly selfish. And he should never have kissed her or manipulated her into kissing him. And he should have just stayed her friend, instead of playing the hurt dog at every occasion... And don't even get me started on Jacob attending their wedding. Coming there as a surprise to the bride...And then attacking the groom... So yeah, I strongly dislike Jacob.

Is any one else also a bit annoyed with edward?
I agree with debussygirl on this one.
debussygirl wrote:"if you love something set it free"

That is so true, and it really describes Edward's actions in New Moon especially, but also all the way through the series.

I think Edward fought for her as much as he could/should. He went against his nature and beliefs, and fell in love with a human girl. And she fell in love with him, and he allowed it to continue. And she was hurt because of who he was, and he blamed himself for everything that happened to her. So he really couldn't justify fighting any harder for her. He promised that he would love her all her life if she wanted him to. And I think that is the most he could do. He had to give her the choice because he knew that one day something might happen that would make his world too much for her, and he needed her to know that he would understand if she wanted something else. I think that was also part of why he wanted her to stay human. So that she could have the opportunity to choose. And that is one of the things that makes me sure that Edward loved her more than Jacob ever could. Edward only wanted the best for her, no matter how much it hurt him.

Sorry, this was a long post. But the questions were so good that I couldn't not answer them :) I hope you're all doing good, and enjoying these days before Christmas.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

annoyed at Edward?
of course. I'm annoyed everyone I love sometimes. especially characters. we all have our flaws. Edward is indeed flawed and a tad annoying at times, but do I love him any less? no, no. :)

and I can't edit my old Team list? so...
Team Edward Members
Jenna (debussygirl)
Sam (samajama)
Ashley (♥midnight_sun♥)
Emily (~*~Emily~*~)
Bells (BellsEdwardalways)
Belle (cecibelle_cullen)
Diane (diane771)
Trine (Dovrebanen)
Beth (DreamofEdward)
Derek (DudeRocksTheTwilight)
Logan (DunnerheartsTwilight)
Emmaline (edwardlikeshaystacks)
Nikkel (edwardsblossom)
Elise (eliselovesedwardx)
Gabi (Eternally Dazzled)
Nat/Natallie (Jasper<3)
Caryn (Jazz Girl)
Jennifer (JenTheWriter)
Kiki (KikiMasenCullen)
Bri/Briana (Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3)
Ted (Mrs.TeddyBear)
Christy (navarre)
Jaclyn (openfire)
Jen (pennybug84)
Fat/Fatima (Renessmee_Bella)
Sam (Samlawali)
Sarah (sarah!)
Shadow (shadowsinger)
Mary (Tengo Nubs.)
Shel ('twahy-lahyt')
(Twilightchick79)
Shelby (twilighter1193)
Sandy (twilightsagaaddict)
Heather (waiting tobe dazzled)
Hannah (willowtree)

PM me if you want to be a member of Team Edward and I'll add you to the list. ~Sam
(and if you're not updated right away.. it's because I haven't been on the Lex and my PMs get sent to my old email ;))

love y'all!
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3