Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by dazzel21 »

OH MY GOD!!!

I'm still on high after Deathly Hallows Part 1 last night and now the epilogue of EP and I still need to work...

Bummer! I'll be back later after I've read and savor the whole Mobward thing. Been waiting for this for almost a month...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

So I've read the 80-some chapters of Master of the Universe available on twilighted.net. It says the story is not complete but that last chapter definitely had a "The End" appended to it...

So, is that finished? I saw a note saying there's a sequel on her blog, but it's blocked for me at the moment so I couldn't check.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

ringswraith: here is the link to the blog:

http://50shades.com/
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Jenjenn~ email me your addy.
Last edited by Edwards Ragazza on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

i loved what you all said about EP. it was so amazing. i too am sad it's over, but was so glad to see how it all ended and where their lives were going. it's the perfect ending really. alec putting them out there where involvement with all the mob stuff was minimal was really sweet. they're finally getting there chance at living the lives they wanted (well close to it).

*sigh* i think that was the most epic story i have ever read. i mean EVER.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

So really did finish the EP this time. I can't believe I somehow went to chapter 79 skipped 80 (don't know how) and went straight to the EPI. Big difference now I can say the ending wasn't short. I did get teary eyed reading chapter 80 especially hearing how Edward was dealing with everything. It wasn't the perfect ending but as perfect as it can be for that story. So sad it was over.

Khraizzmatik is a amazing writer. I really hope she continues and gets published. That girl has talent!
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

ringswraith wrote:So I've read the 80-some chapters of Master of the Universe available on twilighted.net. It says the story is not complete but that last chapter definitely had a "The End" appended to it...

So, is that finished? I saw a note saying there's a sequel on her blog, but it's blocked for me at the moment so I couldn't check.
'

I know this is old and Jenn linked to the blog, but in case you're at work-- The answer is yes, there is a sequel. It is "In-Progress" and I think she updates bi-weekly. How did you like MOTU, David??
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well, I was expecting another Submissive/Dominant-type story, and while there are elements of it in there I was surprised at the direction the story goes.
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

Jazz Girl wrote:
ringswraith wrote:So...

How close are Master of the Universe and The Dominant? Storyline-wise.
Rings~ Storyline-wise, they are similar but not so much so that if feels like the same story. Oviously, both are BDSM stories and Edward is the Dominant and Bella is the submissive. In both, Edward is the CEO of his own corporation, making him extraordinarily wealthy. However, that's pretty much where the similarities end. In The Dominant, Bella pursues Edward (who is much older) with a full understanding of his lifestyle. She becomes his submissive willingly and with a total understanding of what it means. The story details how their love and relationship grow out of those beginnings. However, you need to read The Submissive first. MotU is different. Bella is completely unaware of Edward or his lifestyle when he begins pursuing her. Edward is very young for the things he's accomplished, but both that and his need to live as a Dominant grew from childhood trauma. Bella comes along and pretty much shatters every wall he has built to guard himself, including that one. Hope that helps.
So I have just discovered FanFiction, as in less then two weeks ago, thanks to Virginia May!! I did notice a lot of striking similarities between these two stories (D/s and MotU) and was wondering if that is a coincidence or if that is to be expected in the FF world? For example, smaller details like Rose is Bella's roommate in both and details more to the plot like the similarities of Edward's childhood trauma... Even the charity function at Carlisle and Esme's home. I really enjoyed both and there are some major differences in the plots but I am wondering these types of similarities to be expected?

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I haven't read either of the fanfics you mentioned, but in general in the AH type you will see a lot of overlapping similarities because the Twilight characters have kept the canon traits. Esme and Carlisle are usually very wealthy and very generous, Rosalie you find is Bella's best friend or roommate (which now that I write it out I find it odd since Rose doesn't like Bella that much in canon Twilight), Edward often has childhood issues and is adopted into Carlisle's family, James is normally a bad ex boyfriend/stalker/scumbag harassing Bella. So yea, you will see a lot of similarities in the characters.