Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by StellaBlueBella »

I know this really isn't supposed to matter but does anyone know if Sebastien Robichaud (SR) is a man or woman?? I have read more than one interview where SR is referred to as a "she" but most everywhere else SR is referred to as a "he". The first time I saw the female reference on a interview I thought it was a typo. But after seeing it on at least two different blogs and assuming the interviewers must have actually talked to author at some point it seems like they would know..... At the beginning of UoEM the writing seemed 'natural' enough for a man but toward the middle I began to question that. I know I am stereotyping but my curiosity has gotten the better of me and I have to ask. *shrugs*

Disclaimer: My apologies - in advance - to any males (or females) this may offend.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

StellaBlueBella ~ Hahaha I love your question :D I was wondering about that myself. I always assumed that he was a guy, but now I'm not so sure anymore ... :P

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

;) I have my theories on why SR is a man.
I am so excited that our very own Ginnie has updated her WDH! I am just frustrated that I have not had time to read it yet! :banghead: RL is CRAZY BUSY this week. I'm trying to get my routine back to normal after the split with the BF. It's a great problem to have, but it's taking a lot of my energy. Right now, it's past my bed time and I still need to drop in on the HH Sisters! :bye:
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I'm sorry about the BF missp...but when it's over it's over. Breaking up w/ my long time BF was the best thing that EVER happened now that I can look back on it. XOXO
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

VolturiGirl wrote:Jazz Girl,
please hurry..... I want to know why..
VG~ The why is pretty simple. Khar has talked often about getting published. Her taking it down is likely her effort on retooling it to start working towards that goal.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

missp wrote: ;) I have my theories on why SR is a man.
Really? Do tell... I am just "undecided".

Sorry to hear about your BF bet is sounds like it was for the best :|

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Because men are jerks and do things like act shady and vague over things like as to why they were taking their story off the Internet and BAM "oh its published kthnxbai" :write:
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

AB~~Yes, the split with the BF was the best decision I could have made - should have made it back before Christmas, but didn't. Life is back to its usual hectic but drama-free self! :clap: :lol: @ you SR being a man theory!

Stella~~ My theory really has more to do with his responses to posts on Twilighted than his writing. Some of his comments just sounded so... MALE. ;)

*SIGH* Yet another night where I was home too late to sit down and read Ginnie's latest WDH chappie! :banghead: Maybe tomorrow night after my manicure and the gym!
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

*Having a bad couple of weeks at work*

:rant: (my boss and his wife-the office manager) :rant:
You know it's like no matter what you do, they are always going to find something to get you in trouble. :banghead:

Decided to read Edward Wallbanger again... Clive is too funny. I needed a good laugh after work.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth wrote:Because men are jerks and do things like act shady and vague over things like as to why they were taking their story off the Internet and BAM "oh its published kthnxbai" :write:

AB~ I don't think that's quite fair, though. SR was upfront as to why he removed the story initially. Someone was posting it against his wishes on another site. When he contacted that person and asked that they stop, they refused, saying he posted the story for public use on an all-access site. He felt he had no other option, but he posted the remaining chapters for readers to enjoy. He was also up front about the fact that, as so many of his readers/reviewers suggested, he was going to attempt to publish UoEM. As soon as it truly became an option, he told readers in an AN that he would simultaneously finish UoEM and be working on a publishable version, complete with the needed changes and the suggested edits. He kept readers up-to-date on the whole process through his blog. When he pulled the story, it was a "sudden" decision because the person essentially stealing his story refused to honor his wishes regarding posting it. I can't blame him for that at all. In the end, UoEM is his intellectual property and he has every right to protect it, particularly if there is a possibility that it may reach greater success. Who are we to keep him from the success he's rightfully earned?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS