Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by StellaBlueBella »

corona wrote:Yes, you must read Wide Awake. Hunt around on ff.net and you should find both a PDF and Word doc version, complete with the outtakes. In my opinion, the very best of the best. Once you read it, you can see the influence this story has had on other fics.
Wow, I just wanted to share that I am not even on page 300 and I can tell you are so right about the influence WA has had on other fics that I am reading now that are still WIP or recently completed!! As the groundbreaker for AH it seems to have had like a ripple effect.

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Amanda Beth wrote:I don't think I've cried in any AH fanfics.

But I can promise you you'll cry at least once in each of mine :)

Ok, I think that I will start on Life after Forks after I finish with CW & IA. I am glad that I will start it Friday night and not on a weekday. At least if I stay up late, I won't have to go to work all tired.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Yes! You will cry at least once in both LAF and TPC! AB is one of the best post-BD writers out there! I also think you'd enjoy my post-BD fic, Perfect Forever. You may do a little crying in it, too. Well, the chores are done for the day. So, I'm going to upload some pics on FB and do some writing on my new fic, Between Dusk and Dawn this afternoon. Ya'll enjoy your Saturday! The snow is FINALLY melting here! Back to school on Monday! :clap:
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Thanks to Ringswraith, Amanda Beth, MissP, and Ginnie for answering my question about outtakes!!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi Everyone! (Shameless Self-promotion Alert!) :oops:

I know a few of you are reading one or more of my stories, so I wanted to let you know that I've been nominated for a Twinklings Walk of Fame Award in two categories.

I'm up for a "Rising Starlet" nod for most promising author, and a "Little Miss Modesty" nod for being the best author of a fic rated under "M".

To say that I'm incredibly honored and humbled would be an understatement. And I would also like to extend my gratitude to the individual or individuals who nominated me. I don't know who it was, but if you read this- I truly thank you!!

For more information or to vote, visit the Twinklings Blog HERE.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Congrats Ginnie!!

I have to admit that I've always been a tad bitter that neither of my stories ever got nominated for anything :oops:
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Congrats, Ginnie!! :clap:

:banghead: I just don't have the UMPH it takes to write today. So, I'm going to do some reading instead and maybe play a few games over on FB. Ya'll enjoy your Sunday afternoon!
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:Congrats Ginnie!!

I have to admit that I've always been a tad bitter that neither of my stories ever got nominated for anything :oops:

I'm not saying definitely either way, AB... but that may have been rectified last night. ;) ;)

For the rest of you~ The Shimmer Awards are now excepting nominations in many categories of fanfiction. There is even a "best reviewer award" so I made sure to nominate my own favorite reviewer and a few of my favorite stories as well. If you're interested in that sort of thing, and have the time, the link is HERE.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I also have a recommendation for a very angsty yet moving Tattward & Inkella story for you all. Since this is the discussion thread and not the rec. thread, I will just post a link to the recommendation, okay mods?? It's called Tattoos Like Mile Markers and it's by casket4mytears. Have any of you read it?? It's finishing up and oh, my... it's been quite the journey. See the full rec HERE! 8-)
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

VirginiaMay wrote:I wanted to let you know that I've been nominated for a Twinklings Walk of Fame Award in two categories.

I'm up for a "Rising Starlet" nod for most promising author, and a "Little Miss Modesty" nod for being the best author of a fic rated under "M".

For more information or to vote, visit the Twinklings Blog HERE.
That is awesome cOngRaTs! I love that they have a Little Miss Modesty category. You all are starting to inspire me to make an attempt at writing a fic but I have to say I have been a bit intimidated by the lemony-necessity. Actually, that really rocks that they have that cat. Good Luck... I will be checking out the contest :mrgreen:

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Are you writing AH or canon? AH does have a high lemon count, it seems to be what ppl want...or those with not many lemons are seriously angsty (think, Wide Awake). Canon (and some AU like Ginnie's) on the other hand--I personally believe as a canon writer we owe it to SM to keep the fics T or under. Canon is writing a story in SM's world and those would not be in them.