Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Susie »

I've enjoyed reading all your posts!

I have a thing about the F-bomb, so it is great to hear of its prevalence, Corona, and how to fix it, Kayla.

Thanks for posting all the links, Ginnie.

Oh oh, I did quick reply and now I can't look back through your posts.... Talk to you all later!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

SNOW DAY!! We have at least 8 inches of snow! We may be out of school all week! GRR!! Oh well, maybe I'll get some writing done!
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

missp wrote:SNOW DAY!! We have at least 8 inches of snow! We may be out of school all week! GRR!! Oh well, maybe I'll get some writing done!
Hey!! I am here in the snow too!! I've never seen anything like it - I mean here at home anyway. Hope it doesn't spoil any football watchin' plans you have tonight!
Jazz Girl wrote:If I remember correctly, the forum was started about 18 months ago by Ringswraith, who is a ff writer and was, at one point, very active on the forums, espcially this one. He cut back posting and only makes the occasional appearance now *sends hugs to Ringswraith*, so I'm willing to bet the absence of yours, Kayla's and MissP's fics was not meant as a slight, but was a product of the fact that he was not aware they should be added. Although, I did get a note that What Drives Her was added this morning.[/color]
Ok so I see a link for one of the FF forums. Is there another one I should check out as well?

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Thank you guys so much for the definitions. The stories with the links are such an added bonus. :D :D
After I read one story, I feel like "What do I do now??" So thanks to all of you, I have so many stories to read - or catch up on.

To missp and StellaBlueBella: SO NOT FAIR..! I live in the desert, so we don't see any snow. It was a whole 42 degrees this morning. Christmas, we were still in the 60's. Can you send some snow my way??
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

/hugs JG

Hey everyone. I still check out the forums here and there but I'm glad there are others who can add to the fanfic list we made on ff.net. Right now I'm just frustrated that I can't get going on any story so I'm just kinda floating along hoping something will spark it again...
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

StellaBlueBella wrote: Ok so I see a link for one of the FF forums. Is there another one I should check out as well?
There was another community called Lexiconers but I didn't know any of the admins or any of the fanfics...and since we're all experts in all things Twilight fanfiction, I'd say you're better off just going through our list.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

ringswraith wrote:/hugs JG

Hey everyone. I still check out the forums here and there but I'm glad there are others who can add to the fanfic list we made on ff.net. Right now I'm just frustrated that I can't get going on any story so I'm just kinda floating along hoping something will spark it again...
I hope you find something to spark your creativity too! I enjoyed your story quite a lot. I had no idea you'd created Lex list on FF, so thank you very much for doing that as well!!
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

thanks for all those posts, that was awesome! i copied the info for the future in case there were any stories i missed. :)

volturigirl, we're fellow desert dwellers. at least it's been a little chilly the last week or so. i even wore my wool coats a couple of times. ;)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

WAR EAGLE!! :lol: AUBURN TIGERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPS!! 8-)

Not much writing has gotten done since the snow hit. North Alabama actually got 12 inches! We've built a huge snowman, made snow cream, watched the BCS National Championship Game - and nearly lost our mind! - and played some poker, while snowed in... but very little writing. :? So, I'm about to do some now. This is our 3rd straight day to be out of school, and it isn't looking promising for tomorrow either. Everytime the temp goes up a few degrees above freezing during the day, it drops to the teens over night and refreezes everything. This - in the South - shuts everything down until the temps get and stay above freezing for good. So, maybe I'll get a chapter finished today. :roll:
Last edited by missp on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Question for you all from a relative fanfiction neophyte:

Outtakes used to mean chapters/sections that didn't make it into the final version of a published book. Now in the online fanfic world, it seems to mean an entirely different thing, right?

It seems to mean one of three things:

1) scenes/chapters that really did get cut.
2) scenes/chapters from another POV to supplement the main story.
3) scenes/chapters for extra reading because there is high demand- people want more!!

Am I right?

Thanks in advance for your answers!