Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VirginiaMay »

openfire wrote:Is anyone here reading Hit By Destiny by ocdmess? It was recommended to me by the lovely Shauni. The synopsis on ffnet is "Bella wants to die, and almost gets her wish fulfilled when she gets hit by a shiny Volvo. She is left with serious injuries, and the only thing keeping her from dying is the person who hit her. AH, OOC, rated M for dark themes and lemons.". It is almost complete; I think 1 or 2 more chapters, but the author is updating regularly so it will be finished in the next week or so. I am almost finished... I am enjoying it. It took me a little bit to get properly into it, but now I am eagerly awaiting what happens next. If anyone else is reading it, I'd love to know!

Hi Jaclyn~ That is one of my lost fics! I forgot all about it! Oh, yay!! Now I don't have to wait so much! Not that I should be starting anything new, or re-starting anything new, LOL!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Ginnie - :lol: Yeah I always say I'm not gonna start reading a new fics until I finish reading all the ones that I keep meaning to read first LOL. And then the big pile on unread books on my shelf... but some of the fanfic are just too good to not read :lol:
How far did you get to in HBD?
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

First two or three chapters tops! How long is it now??
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

VirginiaMay wrote:First two or three chapters tops! How long is it now??
54!! :lol: It's nearly done now though. You should read it so we can chat!! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Has there been any word on EP or UofEM lately? I have been so out of touch since I started seeing a new guy! I just can't seem to find the time to devote to my fic writing or reading lately. :oops:
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

missp wrote:Has there been any word on EP or UofEM lately? I have been so out of touch since I started seeing a new guy! I just can't seem to find the time to devote to my fic writing or reading lately. :oops:
MissP~ No word on UoEM, but Khar tweeted recently about some speculation going on on the Twilighted thread and talking about how it might be slightly spot on and we'll know the part she was thinking about when we read it. So, work is in progress.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Jazz Girl wrote:
missp wrote:Has there been any word on EP or UofEM lately? I have been so out of touch since I started seeing a new guy! I just can't seem to find the time to devote to my fic writing or reading lately. :oops:
MissP~ No word on UoEM, but Khar tweeted recently about some speculation going on on the Twilighted thread and talking about how it might be slightly spot on and we'll know the part she was thinking about when we read it. So, work is in progress.
I really wonder what happened to SR??? :? There has been no word on either Twilighted or FF profiles, or his website since the FGB outtakes posted. I'm sure life is busy, but to pull your work without a note of any kind to the followers?? :( I sure hope all is well in his world.
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

VirginiaMay wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:
I really wonder what happened to SR??? :? There has been no word on either Twilighted or FF profiles, or his website since the FGB outtakes posted. I'm sure life is busy, but to pull your work without a note of any kind to the followers?? :( I sure hope all is well in his world.
Ginnie - I have to agree regarding SR. I can not imagine having your hard work stolen, but it sure would be nice to leave a note or word to your loyal readers and followers. I too hope all is well with him, but I am disappointed!
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Beyond Repair UPDATED! Be back later... :D

Edit:: BR Discussion--

Okay- So this chapter was lemony, which really limits the discussion if you ask me, LOL! However, I was glad for the (oh, wait, let's make this invisible...)I was glad for the moment that Bella either figured out, or clued Edward into, the fact that they are mates. I enjoyed his almost incredulous reaction. As far as the lemon went, I told DaNay, and it's just my opinion, but I can't see an Edward that is as close to canon Edward as hers is, being so rough with Bella after such a significant moment for the two of them. However, I get that there may have been some desperation there. Now I'm just waiting for the resolution of things with Lucas.
End Discussion! ;)
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

I finished reading Hit By Destiny last night. It always amazes me how writers come up with their ideas. I really enjoyed this book. I cannot wait til it is completed. I couldn't hate Edward in the begining of this book. I kind of laughed. You know when you get so used to a charactor in one book and you see them act differently in another.
I have to admit that I got a little choked up in the scene with Jasper and Jacob. All I have to say is: poor Bella.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers