Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by SwanCullen »

Have you all heard what's going on with Icy's MOTU? She had to temporarily close her blog down because a chick from Russia was translating her story w/o her consent and wont take it down even after repeated askings.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

SwanCullen wrote:Have you all heard what's going on with Icy's MOTU? She had to temporarily close her blog down because a chick from Russia was translating her story w/o her consent and wont take it down even after repeated askings.

It angers me when people try to steal other people's work/creation, or even messing with other people's stories. What I don't understand is why the Russian girl won't take it down? It's not hers to tamper with. It's like UoEM. I didn't get a chance to read that story because it got taken down because someone was messing with it (don't know the whole story). It sucks as a fan of FF stories because ( I know I'm not the only one) you get into a good story and then you cannot finish it because someone has to mess up things. :evil:
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

jazz girl -- i read your recommendation (paper cut outs i think it was called) and totally totally LOVED it! thank you so much! i can't wait for the epilogue. such a sweet story. i didn't know how much i liked bella's strange/sad issues in the beginning or edward's ummm...annoying traits, but then it just, i don't know, was right. it was so cute and i love finn! my little boy is only 3 months old and finn made me so excited for when he get older and starts talking and such. anyway, thanks again!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I'm going to check out your rec Caryn later tonight. Definitly sounds good! I learned to trust your recs after reading the list you sent me a while back (I am currently reading The submissive)

I saw Icy's site again and it says it should be working again in a few days. Thinkiing maybe her blog go ala Khars? I think that would be a good idea. I read Safe Haven the night before she shut the site down and WOW! That is a good story.
StellaBlueBella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StellaBlueBella »

SwanCullen wrote:Have you all heard what's going on with Icy's MOTU? She had to temporarily close her blog down because a chick from Russia was translating her story w/o her consent and wont take it down even after repeated askings.
Wow - I had no idea... Wondering when she was gonna update. That is SO wrong.

Just checked and sites back up and chapter 102/15 was added today!! YEAH!!!!

• To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I was glad to see that it was updated as well.

I love how Icy keeps Edward canon, at least I think he is. I am TE all the way, but find him very controlling.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

SwanCullen wrote:I love how Icy keeps Edward canon, at least I think he is.
Okay, Jenn, you made me giggle a bit with the "canon" comment. You know I love you, but I gotta say this or I'm going to combust... (Sorry, :oops: )

Icy's Edward is not canon! He can't be simply because he's not a 100 and something year old virgin vampire who fell in love with a clumsy human teenager. ;) Canon characters are characters that have basically been plucked right out of SM's Twilight. You can't change anything about them and have them remain canon. If you change details of their existence, but not their basic behavior and personality, then you've got an "in-character" representation of a character, but not a "canon" character. That said, even though he has certain "in-character" qualities, Fifty seems to me an "out-of-character" representation of Edward. An "in-character" Edward should have the same core personality traits and behave in the same manner as SM's Edward. Even as a human, he would never swear like Fifty does, nor would he take Bella to bed just to rid her of her virginity.

Sorry about the rant though... :oops: We just need better definitions as to what constitutes "canon". The same goes for "AU" as well. I think the term "Alternate Universe" is far to lax. What about stories like "The Woods Are Lovely, Dark, and Deep", where Edward and Bella are both human and older, but Carlisle Cullen and the rest of his family are all canon vampires living in Forks?? That's a different kind of Alternate Universe than my story, which is just a change in the timeline and remains largely in-line with canon events and characters. On some sites, this is an "Alternate Reality" fic, rather than an "Alternate Universe" but... now I'm rambling. :lol:

(Okay... I'll just go hide in the corner until someone wants to discuss something else.) :oops:
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

O this ticks my tush! :evil: How can this girl from Russia even feel good about taking credit for someone else story. I could never, knowing deep down I didn't write it. I have written a chapter on a story that was in my head just to see if I could write and practice composition and get better at it. However I won't ever post it I would take it way to personal with people correcting me saying you need a coma here you didn't use the right word for accept etc. Maybe one day I will post it after I take some english composition classes.

It seems like this is going on so much more. So many stories are getting pulled that I wonder what will be left to read. I really do hope this will stop even though I know it won't.

I hope Icy doesn't stop writing the story and take it down all together. Everyone here knows it is one of my favorites. But if she does I can't blame here. There is quite a few that I absolutely love. UOEM, EP, MOTU that are so well written these authors need to get them published. I am so there is more but I have only read a few others on top of the ones I listed.
Banner by TammyAZ
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Could someone please get me the web address to Icy's MOTU? I have read a lot of your guys' recomendations and I have not been disappointed.
Thank you so much to whomever can help me out.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

VolturiGirl wrote:Could someone please get me the web address to Icy's MOTU? I have read a lot of your guys' recomendations and I have not been disappointed.
Thank you so much to whomever can help me out.
It was 50shades.com, if it's up and running. I haven't checked in a few weeks. I like to read a chunk at a time. 8-)