Chapter 10: Why didn't I... Becasue I'm an idiot.

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
inhiding
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 10: Why didn't I... Becasue I'm an idiot.

Post by inhiding »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer?

No, completely UNreasonable. But that's just it, Edward was so deperately beyond reason....

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected?

Can you imagine how that REALLY would have turned out? Can you imagine Bella's eyes lighting up and saying "Yes! What a great idea! Quick, Carlisle, abort this THING and let's let Jacob knock me up instead." No, this story line was NEVER going to play out, Bella would NEVER have accepted his offer.

Can I also say that it made me mad that Edward sent Jacob in with this "offer." I think it was so cowardly of him to send Jacob in with the crazy idea, let Jacob do the dirty work, let Jacob feel the rejection, let Bella be disgusted by Jacob presenting this plan. Of course, she did figure out that it was Edward's idea, but Edward couldn't know that, he really wanted Jacob to present the idea.

As far as other relationships being affected- I don't think anyone else could have trusted Bella again. Alice would have known the kind of pain Edward would be in if Bella actually went through with it, Carlisle and Esme and Rosalie would all resent Bella for making that kind of choice and the pain Edward would have been in.

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born?

It was obviously going to be a good idea, fit the storyline perfectly. Clever idea for Bella.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby? Actually, I was surprised. All this time, Sam has had a "wait and see" attitude but then he wants to go kill the baby right out of Bella? He wouldn't even kill Laurent until the intentions were absolutely clear that Laurent was about to kill Bella. He put so much trust in the Cullens and was respectful of the treaty, but now he wants to go attack a BABY because he doesn't know what it will be? Seemed a little off to me. I was surprised that he would want to act right away without observing carefully first, without doing a little recon. Was there something more that Sam knew? Did he know the tales of the other vampire infants?
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer?
This scene broke my heart. Towards the end of Eclipse I began to think, "Bella is driving him insane." It just continued on throughout Breaking Dawn. Don't get me wrong I love Bella but poor Edward. This was truly his breaking point...groveling in the dirt before Jacob. No this wasn't reasonable it was crazy, which poor Edward was at that point.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected?
I think this question is irrelevant because bella would NEVER have accepted that offer.

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born?
Well unfortunately I had read a spoiler review before I was a fan so I knew she survived. I thought it was reasonable and honestly the only way Edward could have ever changed Bella and been able to live with himself.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby.
Well, I can understand the wolves fear but it was ice cold. Brutal.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

[/quote] I was angry. A sudden attack would be unjustified. The Cullens had not broken the treaty. The treaty did not mention anything about them having children. And so they were not justified to plan an attack. And sacrificing Bella, would make them no better than the ones that are killing humans. [/quote]

Dovrebanen , I hadn't thought of this. That is a really great point! :D
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Ugh this entire scenario made me SO MAD at both of them. It proved just how much Edward was utterly clueless about Bella's desires when it comes to the baby. I can't believe Jacob actually agreed to do it! Well, I guess I can believe it, but he KNEW it wouldn't work.

His = Edward or His = Jacob? Both would have been irreparably changed. I can't imagine Edward being around Jacob after he'd been with Bella and was thinking about it. I can't imagine Bella being shuttled back & forth like in Eclipse, but with so much more at stake. It would have impacted Bella's relationship with almost everyone in her life. She's married, for Pete's sake!

It seemed very risky; especially since they didn't exactly know how the birth was going to happen. And it almost seemed contradictory to Edward's desire that she not be changed when she has an axe hanging over her head.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby?

I loved it! I thought it was great! Um, of course I thought it was terrible & that Sam was a little two-faced. When he thought they may have actually broken the treaty he wasn't willing to fight. But when he knew exactly what happened he was ready to break the treaty himself.

Image Image Image
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I found it disgusting. I may not really believe in religion, but there are some morals that have stuck because of being a part of the Catholic school system for a few years and just how I was raised, and one of those things is not to have intercourse with someone other than the one you are commited to. Bella may have loved Jake in a more romantic way at one point, but she chose and was married to Edward, and him willingly letting Jake get busy with his wife disturbs me on so many levels. Neither of them took into consideration what Bella had wanted when it came to having a child because both wanted what they could get out of it.

It would have forced both boys to deal with the fact that Bella was carrying another man's child if she had accepted Edward's idea. Edward would have to deal with Jake being in their lives until the child died, and vise versa. The child would have become a wolf with being around vampires; and since we don't know when the shifting gene kicks in, this idea would be rather dangerous for the small child. Not only would the relationships between the three of them have changed, but that of the entire Cullen family and the La Push pack. Both would have to be careful around the child if the gene didn't kick in too early. I also think that Charlie relationship between his son in law, daughter and his grandchild's father would have been very different. How would they explain why Bella's carrying/having given birth to Jake's child. Plus it would raise questions as to why Bella and Edward were married in the first if she was going to sleep with another man.

She took a big risk with that idea. There was a good enough chance that her heart gave out before Edward got the venom in her, she got lucky he even administered it into her heart first.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby?

Understandable, to an extent. Fear of the unknown is what fueled the change of mind, IMO. He waited until it was clear that Bella was in danger of Laurent before attacking, and from going after him, he knew the red head was after Bella and wasted no time in going after her. He accepts that Bella knows her choice, and I assuming here, that he wasn't going to attack the Cullens because they knew she knew what she was chosing.

And again with the whole Religion thing here, I personally don't think that abortion or murder is right. It just goes against what I know, and I believe in. He may think that this child poses a threat, but so do all of the pack's furture off spring. Just take him and Emily as an example. He knew he could hurt her, and he did. There is a possibility that Quil may her Claire, and that was what this baby was. The fetus, IMO, took on the whole Quil/Claire saftey thing. Possibily dangerous, possibily not.
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

At that point, Edward was so desperate, that I can understand his reasoning for this request. He will do anything for her to live.

It would have ruined it for sure, if not right away, then in the long run. Bella's and Jake's relationship would be affected too, it would be awkward between them. I think it would also affect Bella's relationship with Charlie, Alice, etc.

I was hopeful that she might be right, I did not want her to die

I thought it was cruel and barbaric. The end does not justify the means. All Sam was thinking about was the pack. The Cullens were innocent, he had no right to play God.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Eww, okay, that was a downright sick offer. Until that point, I didn't think it was possible for vampires to go truly insane.

I don't want to think about what would happen, but Jacob never would have imprinted on Renesmee. I think it would have left Jacob even more torn up, Bella even more confused and with more problems, and I don't know what Edward would think. The kid would have been screwed up. Everything would have just been...ugh. Weirder than the Jacob/Renesmee imprinting thing. *shudders*

I was pretty sure it would work. I had my doubts when Jacob said she was dead, but I knew SM wouldn't just kill off Bella like that, especially when there was so much of the book left.

I could see where he was coming from, as far as putting the pack and everythig before Bella, but I still wanted to shoot him. I never really liked Sam.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

It was unreasonable of Edward to do that but I could understand what he was thinking. He was really desperate at that time, and anything will do. If Bella wanted a baby, she will get one. All he cared was for Bella to get better and be happy.

Well, Jacob will be the father to Bella's child. But, I am 100% sure Bella won't do that, not only will Jacob will affected and it will just upset Edward, but the innocent child will be affected too. Everyone will be affected by this.

It was a good idea actually. Edward would know that she won't survive the birth and though it hurts to change her, he had no other choice.

As a alpha and protector, I can understand his stand. People's lives were on his hands and he will blame himself if things went wrong. Nobody, not even Carlisle, fully know what the baby will be liked when it's born, so it was a huge risk.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
Ihavemylion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Post by Ihavemylion »

Yes and no. Edward wanted to save Bella. He was too scared of her dieing. And he probably wanted her transformation to be a good experience considering the circumstances. No because, he knew Bella would never go for it. Shes in love with him, and obviously would rather his baby and risk dieing than have any other persons child. Plus she was already in love with her child. When I found out I was pregnant, I was in love with my daughter that second. Now shes 17 months old and I love her more and more everyday.

I think it might have changed it a bit. I know their love would be as strong for eachother, but I think Bella would have felt some sort of guilt if she didnt stay with Jacob.

I thought that was smart of her. For one, she wanted to be a vampire and this was a good excuse. and two, she would still be able to have her child, and be "alive".

Sam realized that Jacob was not giving up. Jacob was the one against Bella and Edward from the beginning. So the thought of his baby inside her would obviously drive him insane. But if he wasnt going to kill Bella and the baby then that had to show Sam something. Then when Nessie was born and Jacob imprinted with her, Sam couldnt do anything. He would know that Jacob would die before anything happened to her. And Sam knows what its like.
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. Edward was willing to let Bella have Jacob’s child to save her life. In your opinion was this a reasonable offer? To a desperate man it made sense. Edward didn't get it though, that it wasn't just any child Bella wanted it was Edwards child...this child.

2. What do you think it would have done to his relationship with Bella if she had accepted this offer? What other relationships would be affected? Bella would never had agreed that would have been really out of character. To answer the question Edward is so crazy about giving Bella what she wants and making her happy that he would have dealt with it. I think Jacob would have the harder time with it always begging Bella to stay.

3. What did you think of Bella's idea that she could be changed into a vampire right after the baby was born? I hoped she was right, I'd always wanted Bella to be changed.

4. How did you feel about Sam's change of mind and determination to kill the unborn baby? I was a bit shocked total 180 on his part. To not even stop and determine if this child was a risk was insane. If it had the ability to grow in Bella's stomach so swiftly it would continue to grow once it was born. So it wouldn't be an immortal child like the ones in legend.