Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardandbella4ever
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by edwardandbella4ever »

If i was the script writer/ director for New Moon I would do 30 minutes of bella's party and Edward's breakup at the beginning of the movie. I would do the next 1 hour and 45 minutes of the movie on bella's depression and her growing relationship with Jacob and alice coming to tell bella that Edward is going to kill himself. For the last 45 minutes of the movie i would do the italy and volturi part of the book. in my opinon new moon should be a 3 hour movie because there is so much that happens in the book. With a 3 hour movie the important parts of new moon aren't left out and the twilight fans can be satisifed.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I doubt they make it 3 hrs. That would be great because NM has a lot to cover!! But I hope they can at least make it 2 and 1/2 hrs.
edwardandbella4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardandbella4ever »

switzgal wrote:I doubt they make it 3 hrs. That would be great because NM has a lot to cover!! But I hope they can at least make it 2 and 1/2 hrs.
yeah you are probably right, but you may never know. Considering how much money they are making off of twilight i don't see any reason not to.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I wonder how they'll do the time passing during Bella's zombie days. I hope they don't show a calendar with pages flipping by, I think it would be too cliche. Maybe show the leaves dying and snow falling down or something.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i don't think that it should be 3 hours- i dont think there is ENOUGH for 3 hours really- while we followed nearly every move bella made--- we can time jump in movies-- for instance we don't have to watch her on the plane the whole time.. or just a 60 second scene of alice driving as crazy as edward works..

i feel that the time in Volterra should be atleast 30 minutes.. i don't think it needs to be 3 hours though..

Breaking dawn on the other hand-- it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being Two movies... there are two Major Plots in the book.. Bella's pregnancy and the volturi coming to kill them.

i don't know though-- we will see! i am really looking forward to the next several years!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
VampireKnight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by VampireKnight »

Twilight_Moon wrote:I serious screamed when I heard that we're getting New Moon! It's my favorite in the series and I was sad that we didn't see enough Jacob in the Twilight, even though he isn't in the book much anyway. Twilight was fantastic and now i'm excited for New Moon!!! ::dances:: I can't wait!
I agree!!! I loved New Moon just because it was so emotional and you really got to see Bella in a different way. Loved it!!! And I just saw Twilight too but I CAN NOT WAIT for New Moon!!!
j_jam
Wandering Through Town
Location: Waiting for Edward to kick Bella to the curb (j/k, sort of)......in Texas

Post by j_jam »

From the start of the movie to Edward leaving could be done in about 30minutes. In my opinion they could condense Bella's time without Edward (and with Jacob) into about 45 min, at least no more than an hour. They could just hit the highlights of Bella and Jacob riding motorcycles and spending time together in his garage and at the beach. I hope they put the part where Mike goes to the movies with Jacob and Bella, that's pretty good. Then they can move onto the cliff-diving and Bella saving Edward. And, please lord, let them put the line in the movie where he thinks he's in heaven when Bella shows up and slams into him. I loved that part! The Volturi stuff could probably be summed up in 20-30mintues and then I would like the last 20-30minutes of the movie to include the marriage talk and show how much Edward wants Bella to be his wife.
Last edited by j_jam on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Three Favorite Couples:
Bella: "Why won't you leave me alone?"
Edward: Believe me, I wanted to say. I've tried. Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Muse<3
Settled in Forks

Post by Muse<3 »

Ya Im wicked excited!!! I hope they don't add in edward when he's not supposed to be in it though... they probebly will.. but I think the whole point of the book is to feel Bella's pain and to understand that what he did forever scarred her. But knowing how they make movies they probebly will.

On the good news, IM SO HAPPY! I really enjoyed Twilight=] and I'm very, very happy they decided to make it into a movie... they would be stupid not to :D
Because Charlie's at the funeral
I'm sorry you have missed him, leave your number at the tone
and he'll get back to you
<3
Mrs.Levine<3sB&E
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs.Levine<3sB&E »

The wait is going to be excruciating!! I can't wait to see:

* Edward leave her - I hope they pull that scene in the woods off perfectly!
* The wolves phase - this is where the extra cash will be helpful!
* Bella running to catch Edward before he jumps into the sun.
* The morning after Italy...where he is trying to convince her he was lying to her and such!!

Wow! - It's going to be an exciting next few years!!
"Do you think I'll ever get better at this? I wondered, mostly to myself. "That my heart might someday stop trying to jump out of my chest whenever you touch me?" "I really hope not" he said, a bit smug. - New Moon
Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

has anyone ever sent Hardwick a link to the lex?
Could you say no to the Irish coven?