Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by debussygirl »

I didn't know that Sam/Solomon's hair was real. Hopefully that changes things!! I know in Twilight Jacob had to have long hair, but Taylor's a cute guy and he needs to show that in NM.
So I wonder what they'll be doing for the Edward hallucinations. Just voices or we will get to see Rob? *crosses fingers to see Rob* It will be so hard to go through most of the movie without him. :(
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

debussygirl wrote:I didn't know that Sam/Solomon's hair was real. Hopefully that changes things!! I know in Twilight Jacob had to have long hair, but Taylor's a cute guy and he needs to show that in NM.
So I wonder what they'll be doing for the Edward hallucinations. Just voices or we will get to see Rob? *crosses fingers to see Rob* It will be so hard to go through most of the movie without him. :(
I feel the same way! It will be so hard not to see so much of Rob but like he said in a interview, it might ruin it if they just place him in there just have him there. I think maybe you have to not see him to feel the emptiness and loneliness Bella goes through..all the pain.
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

OME I'm going to be so depressed during New Moon. No Rob at all!!! Well, the parts he needs to be in but otherwise...*sigh*
If they aren't going to show him during the other hallucinations they need to at least show him during the cliff diving scene, that was in the book!
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

oh i totally see him in the water, reaching out for her, yelling at her to not give up... i totalllllllly see that. TOTALLY

I can not wait for them to start! It does suck that both of them (Rob and Kristen) have other big projects they're about to start.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Rob said so himself that they shouldn't put Edward in till the Volterra scene because it'll make more of an impact!!!
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Maybe not in the first hallucinations, but they should in the cliff diving scene. Bella did imagine him in there in book, so I think he should be in that scene.
But I think it would add to the pain if we did see him, but he was far away, maybe behind Bella so she could never see him. Having him so close, but not close enough, ya know? He's there, but not really there. And I think it would be odd to hear Edward but not see him for film.
mangobun
Settled in Forks

Post by mangobun »

i'm really glad that they're making a new moon movie but i just HOPE!! just hope it'll be IN ORDER AND BETTER!
Apparition
Settled in Forks

Post by Apparition »

I am excited for them to do New Moon, I just hope they get it right. They are going to need a whole lot more money though. I think the movie Twilight itself could have use a good doubling in the budget, because it looked to be like things we either cut out, or left out due to time, and things were not done correctly due to time, and we all know time equals money. With that said New Moon is was more dense than Twilight, and it is going to cost way more. You have werewolves phasing (and it has to look good). You have the motor cycle stunt work, the trip to Italy. Over all there is just a lot more action. Not to mention you have brand new characters that have to be introduced, which mean more time to introduce, paying the actors to play then, and so on and so fourth. You also have to think of the cost of putting Taylor (Jacob) on growth hormones. I would also like to see a new director, but that is just me.

The key here is MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, and then some more MONEY.
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Hey There Elizah »

Honestly, I think it will be a lot easier to condense New Moon. I think that while, encompassing Bella's grief is important there is quite a few things that can be cut without affecting the story too much. When I was reading there was a lot of times where I was just like 'get on with it already,' and i hope that isn't echoed in the movie.
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

debussygirl wrote:Maybe not in the first hallucinations, but they should in the cliff diving scene. Bella did imagine him in there in book, so I think he should be in that scene.
But I think it would add to the pain if we did see him, but he was far away, maybe behind Bella so she could never see him. Having him so close, but not close enough, ya know? He's there, but not really there. And I think it would be odd to hear Edward but not see him for film.
I agree with you about the cliff diving scene. I'm curious to see how they'll do everything. I wish I didn't have to wait so long lol. I'm so excited over something that's going to take a long time. But I'll have this site, the books, and the movie to keep me satisfied hehe. :D
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!