Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by switzgal »

sarina1113 wrote:
"Taylor Lautner will not be playing Jacob Black."

Ummm.... I'm praying this is not true because I might just have a heart attack. But you can't trust Wikipedia (or at least I can't) so I'm gonna go snooping around for a legitimate article.

EDIT: You've got it completely right, CantBreathe. I really don't want any changes in the cast. It's like breaking up a strong family :cry:

NOOOOO!!! I cannot believe they're doing this!!!! I hate Summit!!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

No, Taylor will be Jacob. At least, what I've heard is that all of the cast has been signed on for the next 2. If they make BD, then they will have to sign them on, which may create problems when it comes to salaries and stuff. But we'll take it one battle at a time.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

Oh, that would break my heart. Taylor had lovely chemistry with Kristen, he IS Jacob - just adorable and goofy and typically sixteen year old guy (in the good ways) and perfect. I will be very, very sad for him if that turns out to be true.

EW just made a good point in this article about the Direction. Nick Cassavetes - the guy who did The Notebook. Not a huge name, but definitely gets angst and young love and sorrow and carrying on through that.... hmmmm...
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Uh-oh! That is just what I read. I'm not trying to start any rumors or anything. :o :oops: :shock: ;)
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
amie

Post by amie »

On closer inspection, I can't find anything official that mentions Taylor at all (other than him looking forward to the Half-naked line, which I think we all are). Wiki says "Taylor may not be playing Jacob" but wiki is pure speculation, and not a reliable source. It does go on to say that it will be decided by the new direction, which I suspect is the case of anyone who wasn't signed before Catherine left the helm. So I will try not to panic or feel bad for little Taylor yet (who is so like a puppy to me, he just has to play Jacob!!!)

Here's what wiki says (it's on the page about the New Moon book):
After the hugely popular Twilight movie, Summit Entertainment has opted on making a film of the next book in the saga, New Moon. The date has not been exactly set, but it is certain that it will be coming out in the year 2010. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson will be in the movie again, but Taylor Lautner might not be playing Jacob Black. They are still trying to figure out if they can find a better actor, due to Jacob's staggering physical differences he undergoes during the book. They will decide when they hire a new director. It was just noted that director of Twilight, Catherine Hardwicke, will not be directing New Moon.
(emphases mine)
Last edited by amie on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I wonder who the new director is going to be....... anybody have any ideas?

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
eden1437
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

To the above posts: I really hope they keep Taylor as Jacob Black. In an interview he was asked how they were gonna make him taller, and he said something like he didnt know, he was just happy to be in the movie (I think this was from the new mtv show spoilers...like right before jackson kissed Ashley :) ) So it sounded as if he was already signed...

And, I wonder if the director will include a scene of Bella in her depression stage that Charlie later describes to Alice...that would be awesome/ sad to watch. It would be awesome because we as readers could get the full effect of Bella's depression (like the empty pages weren't enough). Or what if they just have like a black screen with the months passing by, that would be equally dramatic and sad....hmmm

I'm very excited to see who they have playing the Volturi (sorry spelling). When reading I always saw the guy from Underworld as Aro...Bull Nighy (he played Viktor)
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

amandaxcullen

Post by amandaxcullen »

I don't think they should have many snippits of Edward when he's gone. Don't get me wrong, Rob's Edward was fantastic and it will hurt not to see him as much BUT I think the audience will get what it's like not having Edward in teh picture because Rob was able to make audiences' swoon so I think it will get a more powerful effect.

As for the Jacob thing, I LOVE Taylor as Jake but I just can't see him 6'7" (which is exactly how tall he is in New Moon)
"/
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
Putty009
Settled in Forks

Post by Putty009 »

I want the cast to stay the same!

As for the director speculation...

I was surfing for abit, and found that unoffically its been said that the director job for New Moon may be offered to Chris Weitz (who directed The Golden Compass)

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm very very scared and mad about this. His visuals were really nifty in The Golden Compass BUT BUT BUT he butchered that poor book's plot and characters.
Last edited by Putty009 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I dunno with both Rob and Kristen getting 12 million each I don't think they are going to cut Edward completely out of the middle...and I just thought of another thing...why is everyone making such a big deal over whether a man or woman directs New Moon...I mean I understand glass ceiling stuff and all that but really don't we all just want the director who can make a great movie and stay true to the storyline and characters that SM created? Men can deliver a great love story too...Titanic, The Notebook....
Last edited by JenJen2112 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.