Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by twilight1909 »

What?! Is that budget set in stone?? $50 mil is WEAK! How are they supposed to improve New Moon from all the flaws in Twilight if they refuse to invest more money? I don't understand. That especially doesn't make sense if Rob and Kristen are getting 12 mil each. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, but what about special effects and everything...

What the hell Summit? :evil:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

Pattinson said in several interviews that he is NOT getting $12mil for New Moon, and that it's just stuff that people made up.

http://www.theimproper.com/Template_Art ... cleId=2801

"I read some gossip thing saying, because I looked really uncomfortable in a paparazzi photo or something, they're like, 'He should get used to it. That's the price to pay if you're getting $12 million a movie'. If I'm getting paid $12 million a movie I'd walk around naked. That's all nonsense. I don't know who makes that stuff up. Even the price for the first one was nonsense."
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Argh, you know what worries me? People are making up so much stuff over it, the actors might not want to do it anymore! D:
ImageImage
E<3B
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

Oh, well I read several articles that said they were getting at least $10 million. The media doesn't always care if their information is verified, so it's hard to know what is and isn't true. Rob would know, but I still think the budget is entirely too small. (IF it is $50mil. Now I'm not sure what to believe.)

This is nice to hear, especially from Rob himself:
"I'm not really in it that much in the second one. The lead character is somebody else, which is another reason why I'm not being paid $12 million. I've got two scenes."
It seems they won't be adding more Edward to NM.

twilightbelle<3 -- Many of them are already signed on, plus I don't think rumors bother them enough to quit the project.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
LoveMeSomeEdward

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I don't think the budget matter, look at heroes for example their special effects are quite good for a Tvshow and I don't think they have a big budget too. Saying that, this is a movie and it deserves the money, what happened to all the money from the Twilight Box Office?!

If the werewolf phasing is crap i will be very very disappointed! I would rather they have no movies at all then have them ruin a perfectly good book just because they're being tight on money!
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

Now that I think about it, if it's true that Robert and Kristen were signed for the first three when the signed for Twilight, there probably wasn't that much of an increase - if any - of their pay. It's entirely possible their contracts included a set fee for those three films, with possibly a percentage back if the movies did a certain level of business or something.

(now, anyone else interested in getting drive together to get that $12 mil together? I mean, if he's volunteering to walk around naked....)

Honestly, if Taylor doesn't do it I'm just going to cry. Steven Straight is gorgeous, and may do a fine job, but Taylor is just everything I think of when I think Jake.
shavei7

Post by shavei7 »

looks like Pattinson and Stewart were not thrilled that CH will not be directing...

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/z ... 09.article

I just hope that Summit and the new director and the scriptwriter don't screw this up.
Without CH (a Twilight fan herself) to make sure that the script don't stray too far from the book, who knows what the scriptwriter has come up this time.

As it is, all we can do is HOPE that we're worrying over nothing.
I feel like crying :( :(

PS. IF they're going to replace Taylor, Straight would be my first choice...
shavei7

Post by shavei7 »

LoveMeSomeEdward wrote:I don't think the budget matter, look at heroes for example their special effects are quite good for a Tvshow and I don't think they have a big budget too. Saying that, this is a movie and it deserves the money, what happened to all the money from the Twilight Box Office?!

If the werewolf phasing is crap i will be very very disappointed! I would rather they have no movies at all then have them ruin a perfectly good book just because they're being tight on money!
I totally agree with you. I'd hate for SUMMIT to ruin something so amazing just because they got greedy :evil:
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

amie wrote:(now, anyone else interested in getting drive together to get that $12 mil together? I mean, if he's volunteering to walk around naked....)
SERIOUSLY! Can we start raising funds??
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
needwingstofly
Settled in Forks

Post by needwingstofly »

amie wrote: (now, anyone else interested in getting drive together to get that $12 mil together? I mean, if he's volunteering to walk around naked....)
Honestly, if Taylor doesn't do it I'm just going to cry. Steven Straight is gorgeous, and may do a fine job, but Taylor is just everything I think of when I think Jake.

Wow. That really made me laugh. Nice.
I agree about Taylor Lautner. I don't want him gone.