Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by navarre »

twilight1909 wrote:What?! Is that budget set in stone?? $50 mil is WEAK! How are they supposed to improve New Moon from all the flaws in Twilight if they refuse to invest more money? I don't understand. That especially doesn't make sense if Rob and Kristen are getting 12 mil each. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, but what about special effects and everything...

What the hell Summit? :evil:
Personally, I do not think either is worth 12 mil. Glad to know Rob thinks that about his salary. CH may have been a fan of Twilight, but she along with Rosenberg did not follow the core. I do not care how much they were screwed on budget. CH was the one to say in an interview that she had wanted to put more of Rob in the picture(NM) - that would go against what is in the book. Stay with the book!

This NM situation is going to be a real mess. It sounds like this Chris Weiss guy from "Golden Compass" is a terrible choice. I never saw GC, but I heard nothing but sucky reviews about it.

Summit could not find the bathroom even if the door was open and the toilet was in front of their faces! :x

Steven Strait would be the perfect Jacob for Eclipse & BD - he was the one that SM wanted originally. His portrait is on her website under Craptastic Covers. But since they have already started with Taylor and he is really showing that he can do Jacob, give the guy his chance to shine. I don't have a problem with him portraying Jacob, he looks the part and seems to have a handle on his(Jacob's) personality.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I was going to post the same thing about getting $12mil so Rob will walk around naked! :lol:

"Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg submitted her draft of 'New Moon' the weekend 'Twilight' opened. Summit wanted to start production on the second film early next year. Hardwicke believed more time was needed to carefully adapt the second book.
Summit's production president, Erik Feig, told the Hollywood trades the studio appreciated Hardwicke's 'incredible job' in launching the film franchise, but 'we as a studio have a mandate to bring the next installment in the franchise to the big screen in a timely fashion so that fans can get more of Edward, Bella and all of the characters that Stephenie Meyer has created.'
Translation: Let's get that cash flowing!"

NOOOO! I definitely have my issues with Hardwicke, but at least she was concerned about getting the necessary prep time for NM... it seems as though all Summit cares about is a quick buck.

Even Kristen said "I sure hope they don't f--- it up." WE HOPE SO TOO :!:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

CantBreathe wrote:
amie wrote:(now, anyone else interested in getting drive together to get that $12 mil together? I mean, if he's volunteering to walk around naked....)
SERIOUSLY! Can we start raising funds??
12 MILL on it's way!! how do we raise funds.. :lol:

and on the other end i don't think taylor will be replaced (well that dissapointed me.. i really prefer steven strait.. )
and i hope that the SCRIPT will still be faithfull to the book.. PLEASE!!!
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
navarre

Post by navarre »

sachael wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:
amie wrote:(now, anyone else interested in getting drive together to get that $12 mil together? I mean, if he's volunteering to walk around naked....)

and on the other end i don't think taylor will be replaced (well that dissapointed me.. i really prefer steven strait.. )
and i hope that the SCRIPT will still be faithfull to the book.. PLEASE!!!
Don't hold your breath for that one!!^^ :x
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

Which part? The 12 mil fundraiser or the decent script?

(I've got thirty-seven cents in my couch cushions and I'm giving it all to the cause!)
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

navarre wrote: Personally, I do not think either is worth 12 mil. Glad to know Rob thinks that about his salary. CH may have been a fan of Twilight, but she along with Rosenberg did not follow the core. I do not care how much they were screwed on budget. CH was the one to say in an interview that she had wanted to put more of Rob in the picture(NM) - that would go against what is in the book. Stay with the book! .....
Pattinson himself clarified on interviewS that he is NOT getting paid $12mil http://www.theimproper.com/Template_Art ... cleId=2801
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

i hate to say this..
well we have to thank summit for bringing twilight to the big screen..
BUT.. what the hell did they do..?
there was no HEART involved..
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY BABY! THAT'S ALL THEY CARE ABOUT..

CH tried her best to get NM in great shape and to please fans.. BUT summit wanted it sooner to they can get their money back sooner.. *sigh*

LONG wait.. i hope it's all worth it..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
navarre

Post by navarre »

shavei7 wrote:
navarre wrote: Personally, I do not think either is worth 12 mil. Glad to know Rob thinks that about his salary. CH may have been a fan of Twilight, but she along with Rosenberg did not follow the core. I do not care how much they were screwed on budget. CH was the one to say in an interview that she had wanted to put more of Rob in the picture(NM) - that would go against what is in the book. Stay with the book! .....
Pattinson himself clarified on interviewS that he is NOT getting paid $12mil http://www.theimproper.com/Template_Art ... cleId=2801
I know, I was agreeing with Rob about the fact that he said he was only in two scenes and why get paid the 12 mil. That's why I am glad he is humble about that.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

sachael wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:
All we need to do is get 120,000 fan girls to donate $100 each. I don't think $100 is too much to ask to see Rob naked :shock:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
navarre

Post by navarre »

CantBreathe wrote:
sachael wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:
All we need to do is get 120,000 fan girls to donate $100 each. I don't think $100 is too much to ask to see Rob naked :shock:
He will still need to 'trim' a little for my tastes. I personally do not like 'grass on the playground', but otherwise, uh ya!!!!! :lol: