Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by melting into you »

Raising hand...Robert naked??? I'm in. :)

I'm going to let it go. Nothing we can do about it. Let's remain Switerzland and see where all this falls. I don't blame Kristin and Robert for being upset. It seemed like they were one big family. She cast them and the rest so of course they are upset. They saw her passion for the books.

We don't know what's coming. True they are pushing it fast, but I can't believe Summit wants to lose money and make 2 lousy movies. If they get a director more experienced to move it faster, we might not lose anything. And the script has a lot to do with it too and she's still there. Let's hope the director wants rewrites if it's as choppy as Twilight was. But like I said Switerland. As for Taylor.... Steven is and has always been my chose. I think Taylor is an incrediable actor, but I just don't think he has any chemistry with Kristen. AND that's a biggie for NM. He has it with Robert with that look at the end of the movie, but that wig, it did nothing for him. I'm going to wait and see and have faith they won't mess it up. Soon we'll be seeing behind the scenes again and getting excited, I hope!
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I wonder if Summit will actually read people's letters and take them into consideration. I would write one if I believed they would.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

twilight1909 wrote:
needwingstofly wrote:I just called Summit at 310-309-8400 and spoke to a really sweet girl who told me to send letters about New Moon to:

Summit Entertainment
1630 Stewart Street, Ste 120
Santa Monica, CA 90404.
^Send em there.
I wonder if they will actually read people's letters and take them into consideration. I would write one if I believed they did.
The Roswell/hot sauce thing is a great point. What could we send to Summit for New Moon?

Although, the thing is, movies are a whole lot more direct than television. A show may not get great ratings, but that's really all a guess/average of who's really watching, and a link to advertising dollars. A movie makes ticket sales, it's a direct response to how many people go to the theater to see it. I can't believe they'd want to make a movie that didn't give them reason to make all four, you know?

(and what is with people saying Rob is hairy? I mean really, he's hardly hairy at all!!!)
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

*trying to calm down**

yeah we can wait and see.. but the idea of sending letters to summit isn't a bad thing... at least they can hear us out and for us to set the bars HIGH..a letter won't hurt..
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

cullen_kissez wrote:
A $50M budget?
C'mon they made more than that in the first weekend alone!
Yes, CGI & actors & crew and all are worth the money, but if they've any sense at all - actors get commissions. As long as they're movie is shown in theatres, DVDs & VHS are bought, DirecTV, cable broadcasting - they still get paid for that. Did y'all know that when Twilight will start showing on DirecTV & cable, everybody gets a cheque? It may not be much, but you tellin me its nothing?

I can't remember which actor or movie it was that the actor took like $8M as a paycheck, and ended up getting like $25M in few years later..

But thats just my $0.02.
It has to be in the actor's contract to get money from DVD sales and other broadcastings. I remember that actor who made a mint in the after market selling of the movie.

I want to say it was Mel Gibson in Braveheart, or Tom Hanks in Philadelphia or something like that. It was a HUGE actor and he worked for "penny's" basically because what he really wanted was 1% (just 1%) of the after market sales of DVD's, VHS's and any commercial product that was made from the movie. He ended up raking in some astronomical amount of money from that 1%. And is still collecting I'm sure!
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

OK I'm no longer excited about New Moon. With the way Summit is approaching this whole thing is making me sick to my stomach.

50Mil budget??? WTF those jerks are cheap!!! They made that with less than 2 days from Twilight!
How are they going to get realistic looking wolves, good effects CGI etc. Then they want to replace Taylor on top of it!!! I'm sorry but a successful franchise DO NOT change their main actors!!!
OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnyxEyes »

The Lexicon blog has the Summit address up now, fyi. If a lot of people sent letters about our concerns in a polite, yet firm way maybe we could make a difference. I mean it's worth a shot, right?
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

twilight1909 wrote:I wonder if Summit will actually read people's letters and take them into consideration. I would write one if I believed they would.
I doubt if they will read every single letter but I'm hoping the sheer number of letters sent will be enough to get their attention.

If we're going to push through with this, can someone outline what exactly are we protesting? Like I said, I personally have a lot of issues right now with the way Summit is handling this...but we have to be unified on our reasons/concerns.

:?:
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnyxEyes »

I think mostly we're concerned about:

1. Stephenie still having input on the movie, so that it can remain as close to the book as possible.
2. Taylor not being replaced as Jacob Black.
3. The film should not be rushed, and the 50 mil budget is worrying when the phasing wolves and Italy is taken into account.

Anything else?
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

No unnecessary Edward. (IE STICK TO THE STORY)